The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,540 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

branch would bodybag roidmero

yeah Nah he wouldn't. he'd get Yolo'd bro
  • VertFTW likes this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#102 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

yeah Nah he wouldn't. he'd get Yolo'd bro

dont underestimate branch, if kennedy can make roidmero quit on the stool then so can branch

• cashfl0w likes this

brZ51I9.jpg

#103 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,540 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:45 AM

dont underestimate branch, if kennedy can make roidmero quit on the stool then so can branch

I think the risk is in overestimating him personally. Let's see him vs perennial gatekeeper Weidcan before we make any more claims

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#104 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,540 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

lol Nvm I forgot he got put up vs Yolo. he's finna get turned into a sack of brown onions
  • VertFTW likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#105 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 55,657 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

David Branch is going to beat the living chit out of Yoel Romero, and it is going to be hilarious when Vert realizes Yoel couldn't even be the WSOF champ.

• Ozpride and PunchBag like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#106 JSW

JSW
  • Ultimate
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

David Branch is going to beat the living chit out of Yoel Romero, and it is going to be hilarious when Vert realizes Yoel couldn't even be the WSOF champ.

Yoel will gas out im surprised the piece of **** took a 5 round fight
  • PunchBag likes this

#107 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:33 AM

Like how Branch almost KO'd Rockhold? lol...

#108 JSW

JSW
  • Ultimate
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

Like how Branch almost KO'd Rockhold? lol...

He did but then Rockhold got on top and that top game is the best in the business. I think your boy wins but if Branch gets in the later rounds it will be even more apparent he's a can that gases out. It's Rockholds division in a short time better get used to it

#109 CanPass

CanPass
  • Free
  • 7,586 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

Rockhold getting his belt back make no mistake about it. He should never lost it to Michael Flukesping to begin with.

+160 right now is a Bobby Roode "Glorious" return on investment.

Edited by CanPass, 07 January 2018 - 01:55 PM.

#110 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,387 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

card finalized

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold – for middleweight title
Curtis Blaydes vs. Mark Hunt
Cyril Asker vs. Tai Tuivasa
Li Jingliang vs. Jake Matthews
Tyson Pedro vs. Saparbek Safarov

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)

Damien Brown vs. “Maestro” Dong Hyun Kim
Israel Adesanya vs. Rob Wilkinson
Jeremy Kennedy vs. Alex Volkanovski
Jussier Formiga vs. Ben Nguyen

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:45 p.m. ET)

Mizuto Hirota vs. Ross Pearson
Teruto Ishihara vs. Jose Quinonez
Daichi Abe vs. Luke Jumeau

oh god besides the main event this is terrible chit

I'm excited to see Whittaker expose Luke's stand up as being hot garbage tho

• AndyWang and Ozpride like this

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#111 Douglass

Douglass

#1 P4P

• Banned
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

branch would bodybag roidmero

insert gif of snoop not able to handle his smoke like a man

• CanPass likes this

i am bananas.

#112 zaksame

zaksame
  • Free
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

I feel Luke is a bit smarter and likes top fight at a distance and that is an advantage.

So all depends if Luke gets pressure steady because every, time there is a lull Luke will use kicks.it also sets up counter striking when you stay at a distance so a lot depends on strategy and on the fly smarts.Luke has got into a rut if you ask me,he needs to incorporate more bjj into his game.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.

#113 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 24,006 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

needs to incorporate more bjj into his game.

Confused smiley would be here

Think you need to watch his fights again

He’s literally used his bjj in all of his ufc wins aside from his Costas win. One loss to Bisping on probably a mental mistake and getting caught with some punches against the cage from Branch yet still won is a rut??

#114 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

I feel Luke is a bit smarter and likes top fight at a distance and that is an advantage.

So all depends if Luke gets pressure steady because every, time there is a lull Luke will use kicks.it also sets up counter striking when you stay at a distance so a lot depends on strategy and on the fly smarts.Luke has got into a rut if you ask me,he needs to incorporate more bjj into his game.

More bjj? wasnt nhis last fight a submission?????

• AndyWang likes this

brZ51I9.jpg

#115 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 24,006 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

More bjj? wasnt nhis last fight a submission?????

every single UFC win has used his bjj aside from his Costas win. Zaksame making no sense

Edited by AndyWang, 07 January 2018 - 04:42 PM.

• PunchBag and CanPass like this

#116 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,540 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

if lolBisping caught Luke's chin and put him away then Whittaker will murder him. vastly superior striker and way more power. Rockhold gets pummelled inside 4 minutes
  • VertFTW likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#117 CanPass

CanPass
  • Free
  • 7,586 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

if lolBisping caught Luke's chin and put him away then Whittaker will murder him. vastly superior striker and way more power. Rockhold gets pummelled inside 4 minutes

But Whittaker got stopped by Wonderboy a point karate fighter.

#118 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,540 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

But Whittaker got stopped by Wonderboy a point karate fighter.

yes that is what the tards say in defence... but that was when he cut to betaweight

v4MjFdj.png

#119 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

yes that is what the tards say in defence... but that was when he cut to betaweight

whittaker is small and rockhold is huge, if rockhold gets hold of him and drags him to mat it will end within 1 round.

• CanPass likes this

brZ51I9.jpg

#120 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 27,568 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

whittaker is small and rockhold is huge, if rockhold gets hold of him and drags him to mat it will end within 1 round.

Who is the most decorated grappler; Rockhold, Jacare or Romero? So far whittaker has been remarkably hard to get hold of and drag to the mat.

#121 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

Who is the most decorated grappler; Rockhold, Jacare or Romero? So far whittaker has been remarkably hard to get hold of and drag to the mat.

True but both jacare and romero are smaller than rockhold. Rockhold took weidman down at will. Romero couldnt. Rockhold held his own against jacare on the ground. Whittaker has good tdd but he is primarily a striker with little to no wrestling experience. Even with both jacare and romero's grappling experience i would still pick rockhold over both of them because rockhold has that mma grappling which is more effective in an actual mma fight.

Edited by PunchBag, 08 January 2018 - 09:49 AM.

• CanPass likes this

brZ51I9.jpg

#122 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 27,568 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

True but both jacare and romero are smaller than rockhold. Rockhold took weidman down at will. Romero couldnt. Rockhold held his own against jacare on the ground. Whittaker has good tdd but he is primarily a striker with little to no wrestling experience. Even with both jacare and romero's grappling experience i would still pick rockhold over both of them because rockhold has that mma grappling which is more effective in an actual mma fight.

Don't get me wrong, I rate luke highly, and if this fight was 18 months ago I'd make him favorite. Since then though, Whittaker's tdd has proven to be pretty bullet-proof (highest tdd in the division according to Australian sources). Btw, luke didn't take weidman down 'at will'. He took him down in the 3rd round when chris threw spinning ****. This fight will take place on the feet and whittaker has the advantage there.
  • Kookork likes this

#123 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:50 AM

Yoel barely outstruck whittaker and landed 3 takedowns in their fight. His takedown accuracy and consistancy is lower than rockholds meaning rockhold is more likely to get a takedown than Romero. The big difference here is Rockhold finishes almost all his fights from top position and once it goes to the ground his control rate and strikes from top position are much higher than anyone else in the divison.

Edited by PunchBag, 08 January 2018 - 10:52 AM.

• CanPass likes this

brZ51I9.jpg

#124 CanPass

CanPass
  • Free
  • 7,586 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:52 AM

Yoel barely outstruck whittaker and landed 3 takedowns in their fight. His takedown accuracy and consistancy is lower than rockholds meaning rockhold is more likely to get a takedown than Romero. The big difference here is Rockhold finishes almost all his fights from top position and once it goes to the ground his control rate and strikes from top position are much higher.

Rockhold Also been training on the mats with Usman. While he may be smaller he is still 1 of the best wrestlers in MMA of any division.

Edited by CanPass, 08 January 2018 - 10:52 AM.

#125 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

Rockhold Also been training on the mats with Usman. While he may be smaller he is still 1 of the best wrestlers in MMA of any division.

he also trains with both khabib and cormier the top 2 wrestlers in mma

• CanPass likes this

brZ51I9.jpg

#126 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

rockholds biggest issue is his 3 loses have all come via tko, whittaker has a very high ko rate.

brZ51I9.jpg

#127 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,540 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

Punchbag using the "Josh Koscheck is gonna out wrestle GSP" Logic smh

v4MjFdj.png

#128 CanPass

CanPass
  • Free
  • 7,586 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

rockholds biggest issue is his 3 loses have all come via tko, whittaker has a very high ko rate.

Agree.....gonna be a good fight.

#129 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

Punchbag using the "Josh Koscheck is gonna out wrestle GSP" Logic smh

So what you are saying is whittaker has the wrestling of gsp? cause i dont see it

brZ51I9.jpg

#130 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 11,925 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

Whittaker will make Luke look bad.

Luke aint gonna make to title rounds

• Ozpride likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#131 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,540 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

So what you are saying is whittaker has the wrestling of gsp? cause i dont see it

When GSP fought Kos he was not known for his wrestling at all, he was a karate striker with some subs. Koscheck was the decorated wrestler. My point, since you seemed to miss it, is using "this guy will win because of this" and completely disregarding that young hungry killer type fighters evolve very fast. Rob crushed Jacare's takedowns and got up from them then put him away.  Luke got a dodgy decision where he was outboxed and taken down at will. He really hasn't evolved as a fighter since then, and that was SEVEN YEARS AGO.. He's gonna get retired bro

v4MjFdj.png

#132 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 24,006 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

DTOhzifXUAA4Zdm.jpg

#133 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

To be or not to be... not to be

• Free
  • 8,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

I got Whittaker
Khabib bodies all your favorite fighters.

#134 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

e3hxo.jpg

Excuse me? Yoel hit 2/3 TD's and showed superior olympic calibre wrestling/trips/grappling.

http://www.fightmetr...37d18b5c35145bf

Edited by VertFTW, 11 January 2018 - 09:28 AM.

#135 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

When GSP fought Kos he was not known for his wrestling at all, he was a karate striker with some subs. Koscheck was the decorated wrestler. My point, since you seemed to miss it, is using "this guy will win because of this" and completely disregarding that young hungry killer type fighters evolve very fast. Rob crushed Jacare's takedowns and got up from them then put him away.  Luke got a dodgy decision where he was outboxed and taken down at will. He really hasn't evolved as a fighter since then, and that was SEVEN YEARS AGO.. He's gonna get retired bro

Difference though is GSP was the bigger man, in this fight rockhold is the bigger guy.

brZ51I9.jpg

#136 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,540 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:14 AM

Difference though is GSP was the bigger man, in this fight rockhold is the bigger guy.

bigger = slower = ROB BY KO

v4MjFdj.png

#137 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,879 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

Not sure how the aussies will react to this card, they so used to getting **** on by the ufc. Might be all to much for them.

Easily best card OZ has ever seen.

Edited by PunchBag, 12 January 2018 - 05:17 PM.

brZ51I9.jpg

#138 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,540 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

Not sure how the aussies will react to this card, they so used to getting **** on by the ufc. Might be all to much for them.

Easily best card OZ has ever seen.

m8 Ive been to every card in Oz except one. Including 110 which was a GOAT card

v4MjFdj.png

#139 RadLad

RadLad
  • Free
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

Whittaker is out with injury? SMH head https://www.bloodyel...ockhold-ufc-221

F**k you, GSP.

#140 CanPass

CanPass
  • Free
  • 7,586 posts