Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

After possible early stoppage, Angela Magana challenges sexism in MMA

xAngela-Magana-WINS.png.pagespeed.ic.GzL

Last weekend, on the undercard of UFC 218, Angela Magana came up short against Amanda Bobby Cooper, succumbing to second-round punches. Unfortunately, Magana feels as though the fight might have been stopped a little early by referee Keith Peterson.

“I feel like the fight was stopped early,” Magana explained on the latest episode of BJ Penn Radio. “I remember my corner saying 28 seconds, and there were less than 30 seconds. Yes, [Cooper] was bashing the **** out of me, but I was fully with it. I was fully aware of what was going on. As soon as it stopped I was over with the referee just seeing the replay. I put my hands out like what the hell? But that’s his decision. You have to respect his decisions. I felt like if I could have got a third round, and my corner said, ‘whatever you do, don’t go to the ground, stand up [with her].’ I might have pulled something out of somewhere, I don’t know, to be able to win it. Who knows, but it was stopped a bit early. I feel like that’s the thing with women’s MMA. That they always stop us early in comparison to the men.”

“I understand [the referee is] doing his job, and he’s doing what’s in my best interest, but I feel like, he knew there was only 30 seconds left,” Magana continued. “I feel like I could have waited it out. I’m sitting here fine today, totally with it. Nothing wrong with me, black eye, some swelling in my cheek. I was never even bloody. No blood, there was not even a hit hard enough to make me bleed, so why didn’t he let the fight go on?”

“The thing that I noticed with the WME IMG taking over, I thought they started letting these fights go more than they used to. I thought that was something maybe that they did to push these guys to be aggressive. But it’s always been the same thing with the women’s fights. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, next time, do I need to put a banana in my ****ing shorts, and get a crew cut, so they think I’m a ****ing dude and let the fight go?”

giphy.gif

SMFH is she for real?

• Like 1

Evidently those punches were harder than Angela is letting on considering they made her retarded enough to say some chit like that.

Edited by SmoothCriminal
  • Like 3

She is the definition of delusional

Agreed I actually worry a bit for fighters when they reach this level of delusion.

She's clearly tough but you don't gain anything by being on the receiving end of a beat down.

I've already contacted a lawyer to bring a lawsuit against her and the UFC for the trauma that seeing her nip caused me.  

Hopefully her loss means this cunny will be gone in the immediate future

• Like 2

I've already contacted a lawyer to bring a lawsuit against her and the UFC for the trauma that seeing her nip caused me.

Hopefully her loss means this cunny will be gone in the immediate future

You need to throw reebok in there too. Maximize your profits man.

• Like 3

Stoppage was fine. It had nothing to do with her gender, and everything to do with her being a can.

If she wants to see an actual early stoppage, she should watch the Alhassan/Homasi fight on the same card.

• Like 7

Speaking of trauma, I was on Twitter that night and there were naked pics of her in the woods going around that legit made me vomit

I couldn't help but wonder if that's safe. Ticks, spiders, etc. Gotta be a poor idea.
  • Like 3

I couldn't help but wonder if that's safe. Ticks, spiders, etc. Gotta be a poor idea.

Agreed.  Especially if that was in Puerto Rico, so many sketchy parasites.  

• Like 3

It's sad when her two crowning moments in UFC are:

1  Getting punched by Cyborg for saying she looked like the monster from SAW and

2  Claiming sexism to WME - 

Good work - 

She just climbed to the top of the annoyance list with Alvarez and PVZ..  YEAH!  Another one.

It's sad when her two crowning moments in UFC are:

1 Getting punched by Cyborg for saying she looked like the monster from SAW and

2 Claiming sexism to WME -

Good work -

She just climbed to the top of the annoyance list with Alvarez and PVZ.. YEAH! Another one.

Umm.. Her #1 moment was having her boob out in the octagon.
  • Like 1

should I be glad or sad I missed it?

I can virtually guarantee her boob is on the internet somewhere. She's all about getting naked. So you don't have to be sad or glad you missed it. Edited by DP_and_TSU_DPed_JP
  • Like 1

Speaking of trauma, I was on Twitter that night and there were naked pics of her in the woods going around that legit made me vomit

Did you resume the fappening after you vomitted?

Here's the safe censored version:

• Like 1

She asked for a rematch and Dana said **** you!

I immediately asked for a rematch with #ufc and they have released me after dropping 3 losses in a row. I'm thankful for the opportunities afforded to me through my journey with @ufc and am currently headed to the gym to train for my next win. #yourmajesty

Looking at the currents threads on Magana in our forum makes me think how ironic it is that losing 3 in a row, ****ing about the stoppage and being cut has given her more attention than she's received in her entire career.

Let's not forget this is the same woman who tweets from her hospital bed, while still in traction, about what a warrior she is for refusing to tapout to a twister in practice. OK Angela.

• Like 2

LMAO ask for a rematch.......get fired....

Idiot should have went back to Puerto Rico and pretend she didn't have power to stay on the UFC Roster a little longer and not answer the phone unless it was Sean Shelby.