Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

Tony Ferguson hurt had surgery

great news for Mcgregor LOL

So Kabob v E for the interim interim title?

Khabib averages 1 fight a year, **** THAT 

• Like 1

McGregor will knock his head into the cheap seats anyways.

This. 

I've never seen a fighter duck someone who may never fight in the UFC again

• Like 6

McGregor will knock his head into the cheap seats anyways.

Not a McGregor fan but he would kill Ferguson.

All of the above.

Love to watch Tony fight but he just seems to present such a hittable target I don't know how he can survive the first couple of rounds with McGregor.

"Groovy" almost finished him.

• Like 3

I, like many Irish fans, am getting sick of McGregor, but I can kinda see why he is not fighting in the UFC atm. There is no opponent, like Tony is injured constantly, Khabib cannot put 2 wins together without a near year in between due to weight cuts. Who exactly is he supposed to fight? Nate is now clearly the only fight that make sense if he is being asked to defend his title immediately as he is the only one people would pay to see. Alverez will never get a shot again against Conor,  

If Khabib wins how long until he can fight again? I am honestly hoping Barboza wins because then we might actually have someone who can fight again, though I think Conor would murder him due to his fighting style. Justin just lost, Pourier can't put any sort of win streak together, Lee just lost same as Chiesa. There is literally no one in that top 10 who is able to fight Conor as of this moment that would make sense? Some people might say Khabib, but sadly I do not agree atm, 1 fight in a year, beating Micheal Johnson and failing to make weight since. 

I know my opinion will make alot of people say "Oh well Conor ain't fighting either, he should vacate", but honest question, who would be the champion if he Vacated? Injured Tony? Can't Make weight Khabib? Conor's punching bag Eddie? I hope to god Barboza wins so we can have someone in the rankings who can actually call themselves a number 1 contender willing to fight more than once a year

Edited by stehilton94

I, like many Irish fans, am getting sick of McGregor, but I can kinda see why he is not fighting in the UFC atm. There is no opponent, like Tony is injured constantly, Khabib cannot put 2 wins together without a near year in between due to weight cuts. Who exactly is he supposed to fight? Nate is now clearly the only fight that make sense if he is being asked to defend his title immediately as he is the only one people would pay to see. Alverez will never get a shot again against Conor,

If Khabib wins how long until he can fight again? I am honestly hoping Barboza wins because then we might actually have someone who can fight again, though I think Conor would murder him due to his fighting style. Justin just lost, Pourier can't put any sort of win streak together, Lee just lost same as Chiesa. There is literally no one in that top 10 who is able to fight Conor as of this moment that would make sense? Some people might say Khabib, but sadly I do not agree atm, 1 fight in a year, beating Micheal Johnson and failing to make weight since.

I know my opinion will make alot of people say "Oh well Conor ain't fighting either, he should vacate", but honest question, who would be the champion if he Vacated? Injured Tony? Can't Make weight Khabib? Conor's punching bag Eddie? I hope to god Barboza wins so we can have someone in the rankings who can actually call themselves a number 1 contender willing to fight more than once a year

Tony has fought 9 times in the last 3 years so I don't know where you get that he's injured all of the time. He is also the interim champion because Conor won't fight so there is obviously a clear cut contender.

Would you like the interim champ to defend his belt and have more title defenses than the supposed champion?

• Like 3

Tony has fought 9 times in the last 3 years so I don't know where you get that he's injured all of the time. He is also the interim champ so there is obviously a clear cut contender.

Injured when scheduled to fight Khabib twice if I remember , Also becomes injured when there is talk of him going to fight Conor, He has also only beaten 1 of the current top 7 fighters in the division in Barboza, and yes he has had 1 fight in a year and is injured again? He may be the interim champ but he can't fight Conor due to injury so how exactly is he a clear cut contender for a fight right now? Like seriously, my point is there is no one for Conor to fight right now? Tony is injured? How is he a clear cut contender while injured? 

• Like 1

Injured when scheduled to fight Khabib twice if I remember , Also becomes injured when there is talk of him going to fight Conor, He has also only beaten 1 of the current top 7 fighters in the division in Barboza, and yes he has had 1 fight in a year and is injured again? He may be the interim champ but he can't fight Conor due to injury so how exactly is he a clear cut contender for a fight right now? Like seriously, my point is there is no one for Conor to fight right now? Tony is injured? How is he a clear cut contender while injured?

He was injured once for the khabib fights. The other two were khabib's fault. One by injury and one by a missed weight cut.

Conor is the one that got in trouble and was pulled from 219 for going after the ref. It sounds like Tony had surgery to fix a nagging injury since he doesnt have a fight lined up and Conor isn't fighting anytime soon.

• Like 1

He was injured once for the khabib fights. The other two were khabib's fault. One by injury and one by a missed weight cut.

Conor is the one that got in trouble and was pulled from 219 for going after the ref. It sounds like Tony had surgery to fix a nagging injury since he doesnt have a fight lined up and Conor isn't fighting anytime soon.

Conor was never scheduled for 219, his own agent said it, that was just the UFC trying to show people they tried to sort out some sort of main event for a card which didn't have one, and never actually got one. Still regardless of what you are saying, TONY IS INJURED, so what if Conor was scheduled to fight him this Elbow injury would just vanish? No, you are just guessing at this point, saying its just a nagging injury, You would be the same kind of guys who says Tony only lost to Conor because he had an elbow injury if the fight did happen then? The point is Conor has no opponent atm, there is literally no one that makes sense

• Like 1

Conor was never scheduled for 219, his own agent said it, that was just the UFC trying to show people they tried to sort out some sort of main event for a card which didn't have one, and never actually got one. Still regardless of what you are saying, TONY IS INJURED, so what if Conor was scheduled to fight him this Elbow injury would just vanish? No, you are just guessing at this point, saying its just a nagging injury, You would be the same kind of guys who says Tony only lost to Conor because he had an elbow injury if the fight did happen then? The point is Conor has no opponent atm, there is literally no one that makes sense

Guys fight with minor injuries all of the time and get them fixed in their off time.

Conor's agent said it wasn't official but they were definitely negotiating it until he messed up. Notice how his agent wouldn't answer any other questions about it?

Tony sucks he gets throttled in every fight and has to come back.  With his chin hanging high it's not happening against Conor.  As soon as Tony eats the canvas the ref will be looking to stop it.

• Like 3

Tony sucks he gets throttled in every fight and has to come back.  With his chin hanging high it's not happening against Conor.  As soon as Tony eats the canvas the ref will be looking to stop it.

He will probably bounce around like a fish out of water half dead while trying to grab ankles with his weird rolling style and get knocked out again.

• Like 1

Belt goes to the person who had it last so that makes Eddie Alvarez the champ.

Que the rustle.

God, that would be great. We'd get to see Conor absolutely annihilate him again.
  • Like 3

its a setup, ufc paid him a mill to post this so they can book nate vs conor 3

I wouldn't put this past them one bit,nothing would surprise me with this crap run organization.

They know Poster boy, Canor, would easily lose to Ferguson.  Ferguson has the boxing skills to stay in the pocket with Canor and the gas tank to take it to sudden death where Canor would be gassed out.  

They know Poster boy, Canor, would easily lose to Ferguson. Ferguson has the boxing skills to stay in the pocket with Canor and the gas tank to take it to sudden death where Canor would be gassed out.

Obsession is a terrible thing Jason. This is a story about ferguson!

I've enjoyed how wang's joke has reeled in several people already.

• Like 1

Kind of hard when u only fight once a year.

Unless by take over you meant held hostage?

and having zero title defences a year isn't? 

Sometimes I wonder about this kind of chit.

My question is whether Ferg really needed to do this now or he could wait ?

I have no doubt he had the surgery BUT was it really needed at this moment ?

It is almost if this surgery happened on a perfect timing so he can wait for Conor

He fought Mayerather so UFC set up a interm title. Now interm champ is hurt. Not like he is refusing to fight Tony

He beat Aldo 2 years ago, 0 defences

He beat Eddie 1 year ago, 0 defences

If he was so eager to be schooled by Floyd, he should have dropped the belts like GSP just did.

If he was so eager to be schooled by Floyd, he should have dropped the belts like GSP just did.

Dont you think the UFC is also to be blamed on this whole thing ?

• Like 2

He beat Aldo and immediately challenged for LW title not his fault RDA backed out. Which led to Diaz dbl feature. Then he fought Alvarez and was stripped of FW belt like a week later.

Then he fought MW. He has never turned down a fight offered.

It's not like he pulled a Bisping refusing to fight certain guys.

He beat Aldo and immediately challenged for LW title not his fault RDA backed out. Which led to Diaz dbl feature. Then he fought Alvarez and was stripped of FW belt like a week later.

BS

You're right he's not like Bisping and refusing to fight certain fighters

He is flat out refusing to fight anybody!

Obsession is a terrible thing Jason. This is a story about ferguson!

I've enjoyed how wang's joke has reeled in several people already.

Despite what the article is saying or what posters have said, I truly believe Ferguson has Canor's number. 

Despite what the article is saying or what posters have said, I truly believe Ferguson has Canor's number.

To be fair, there is a lot more logic in the claim that ferguson would beat conor than Frankie. Conor's ufc loss was against a durable, well-rounded fighter with good cardio. Ferguson fits that bill. However, I don't think they will ever fight.

• Like 1

To be fair, there is a lot more logic in the claim that ferguson would beat conor than Frankie. Conor's ufc loss was against a durable, well-rounded fighter with good cardio. Ferguson fits that bill. However, I don't think they will ever fight.

Ferguson is a can. Honestly even I've got coked up Conor in that one.

• Like 3

Turd Ferguson got his head knocked off by Lando Vannata. What Conor would do to him is illegal in the half the countries on this planet.

• Like 3

Tony has fought 9 times in the last 3 years so I don't know where you get that he's injured all of the time. He is also the interim champion because Conor won't fight so there is obviously a clear cut contender.

Would you like the interim champ to defend his belt and have more title defenses than the supposed champion?

Juice is an avid Hunter, and apparently it's Casual Season.

• Like 1