juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

I didn't realize the Mandalorian was a weekly show. The Mouse just bodied all the randy's who were going to use the free week to binge the show and then cancel.

My daughter loves Mickey Mouse so I'm going to be subscribing to this **** anyway. I wanted to binge it though.

While looking into the hulu disney bundle I made the decision to subscribe to HULU live tv and cancel comcast. Comcast has been swindling me for years and they can lick me where the good lord split me from here on out.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, 12еr said:

I didn't realize the Mandalorian was a weekly show. The Mouse just bodied all the randy's who were going to use the free week to binge the show and then cancel.

My daughter loves Mickey Mouse so I'm going to be subscribing to this **** anyway. I wanted to binge it though.

While looking into the hulu disney bundle I made the decision to subscribe to HULU live tv and cancel comcast. Comcast has been swindling me for years and they can lick me where the good lord split me from here on out.

Not sure what you currently have but might be worth canceling for the Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle. Its only $12/month and is available tomorrow. Gonna lock it in for as long as the mouse will let me before they cuck prices.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TUF said:

Not sure what you currently have but might be worth canceling for the Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle. Its only $12/month and is available tomorrow. Gonna lock it in for as long as the mouse will let me before they cuck prices.

I was going to get that because my wife is already paying for HULU. While looking at that **** I decided to do the live tv **** too. Looking for a bundle of all of it. If not, I'll do that deal and then get the live tv seperate. It's only like 45 bucks a month.

• Like 1

They are doing a preview of the Mandalorian in a minute at halftime of the seahawks-niners game. 

I was interested in Hulu and already have ESPN+ so the bundle makes sense for me.

Edit: meh, the preview was just a fight scene. I would prefer not to see that stuff before the show. 

• Like 1

Wake up at 5 AM for the launch. Download the app on the Juan. Find Mandalorian. Daughter wakes up... watching Moana. 😖👈

• Haha 2

Got the bundle. Pretty excited about it actually. Im actually ok with not being able to binge their content on shows like the Mandalorian. Living in the hype and being able to discuss the show for weeks is half the fun. Looks like episode 2 comes out on Friday anyways. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TUF said:

Got the bundle. Pretty excited about it actually. Im actually ok with not being able to binge their content on shows like the Mandalorian. Living in the hype and being able to discuss the show for weeks is half the fun. Looks like episode 2 comes out on Friday anyways. 

How long can you lock in the price for?

7 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

How long can you lock in the price for?

Not sure. Mrs TUF did it but I can't imagine they'll change the price in year 1. May cancel it though, they didn't even have the Star Wars holiday special. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Watching the mandalorian on Dolby vision. Colors changing constantly during scenes. Anyone else have this problem?

I didn't have any problems. It says it supports HDR 10, I didn't notice anything about Dolby vision. Maybe disable dolby vision and it will go away.

The Mandalorian lived up to the hype. I liked everything about it except for IG-11 getting diggled. 

I'm excited to see ol' Billy Boozebag in this after all the ****ting on star wars he's done.

Edited by 12еr

On 10/25/2019 at 11:42 AM, 12еr said:

I already told you that 4 days ago when you were posting spoiler after spoiler.

Related image

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

Related image

You're posting major spoilers for the final movie in a 9 film franchise that is till 2 months away from release.

I posted a minor spoiler for a tv show that everyone that cares has probably seen already. 

Not really comparable situations, but I'll put it in spoiler box anyway. I expect you to do the same since you wanted to be a troll though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 12еr said:

You're posting major spoilers for the final movie in a 9 film franchise that is till 2 months away from release.

I posted a minor spoiler for a tv show that everyone that cares has probably seen already. 

Not really comparable situations, but I'll put it in spoiler box anyway. I expect you to do the same since you wanted to be a troll though.

It wasn't suppose to be that serious. I was on mobile when I responded to your episode 9 spoiler and wasn't able to mark it as a spoiler. Really just always looking for an excuse to post that meme but I didn't take that spoiler serious at the time cause there have been dozens of "leaks". Also, it's mid work day 10 hours after release.... 

• Like 1

Just now, TUF said:

It wasn't suppose to be that serious. I was on mobile when I responded to your episode 9 spoiler and wasn't able to mark it as a spoiler. Really just always looking for an excuse to post that meme but I didn't take that spoiler serious at the time cause there have been dozens of "leaks". Also, it's mid work day 10 hours after release.... 

None of these dorks have jobs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So, for some reason my colors change only on the Disney+ app on my firestick. Not on my lg tv app. Both dolby vision. Hope it gets fixed.

Edited by BART-O-LINI

It's pretty slick and a lot more user friendly but can't say I'd keep it if it was at the same price point as Netflix. It's not Netflix where they'll continually add new content every week. The Mandalorian is neat but other than the MCU shows/Kenobi, don't have a lot of use for an app that we already own most of it's library and any new movies they'll add, we'll probably already see in theaters. 

Fun fan service but you could literally skip that entire episode and not be out of the loop on episode 3. Hoping it world builds more on the guild or something bigger than just these side quests. 30 minute episodes like these would be more fun to binge than waiting a week for nothing important to happen. 

2 episodes in and not a lot of charcter or world building that will pay off later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TUF said:

Fun fan service but you could literally skip that entire episode and not be out of the loop on episode 3. Hoping it world builds more on the guild or something bigger than just these side quests. 30 minute episodes like these would be more fun to binge than waiting a week for nothing important to happen. 

2 episodes in and not a lot of charcter or world building that will pay off later. 

I've been waiting 33 years for someone to throw a Jawa to it's death off a sand crawler and it finally happened. 

You need to stop and smell the roses once in awhile. 

Edited by 12еr

2 hours ago, 12еr said:

I've been waiting 33 years for someone to throw a Jawa to it's death off a sand crawler and it finally happened. 

You need to stop and smell the roses once in awhile. 

Reserving judgement till seasons end. I dont dislike it but still have no idea wtf this show is about. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

Hide contents

i think it's mostly about that little green fella

Sorry on mobile and not sure how to add spoiler tag.

My prediction for the remainder of the season would be that the Mandolorian has to fight off every bounty hunter in the parsec, hired by the same souce that hired him. IG-11 comes back. There are sort of 3 possible outcomes with that little Yoda cause its too big of a player now in the universe going forward.

They kill it off which i cant see Disney doing.

It goes into hiding like actual Yoda which rustle a lot of Jims. 

It sets up and plays a part in Rise of Skywalker which is most likely cause it would bring more $ to Disney+ and the movie.

14 hours ago, TUF said:

Sorry on mobile and not sure how to add spoiler tag.

My prediction for the remainder of the season would be that the Mandolorian has to fight off every bounty hunter in the parsec, hired by the same souce that hired him. IG-11 comes back. There are sort of 3 possible outcomes with that little Yoda cause its too big of a player now in the universe going forward.

They kill it off which i cant see Disney doing.

It goes into hiding like actual Yoda which rustle a lot of Jims. 

It sets up and plays a part in Rise of Skywalker which is most likely cause it would bring more $ to Disney+ and the movie.

It’s already 50 years old and is still a baby. RoS takes place about 25 years later so it will still be a small child. I doubt it has anything to do with RoS.

It could be a Jedi grand master in Rian Goatson’s trilogy if it’s in the future.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Why is @TUF dropping spoilers like sweets all over this thread?

Smh.

12er is a bad influence on me

• Like 1

So theyre already sullying Vader's arc with episode 9 with the fact that the Palpatine survived, now theyre try to cuck his whole legacy by saying that baby Yoda might have been the Chosen One all along? Apparently at 50 years old, that would make his birth year the same as Anakins so theyre obviously setting something up in relation to Anakin. 

3 minutes ago, TUF said:

So theyre already sullying Vader's arc with episode 9 with the fact that the Palpatine survived, now theyre try to cuck his whole legacy by saying that baby Yoda might have been the Chosen One all along? Apparently at 50 years old, that would make his birth year the same as Anakins so theyre obviously setting something up in relation to Anakin. 

Why do people hold on so tightly to Vader? Or his supposed "arc" that it would be "sullying" his legacy/contribution to the Star Wars Universe if Palpatine does come back?  Look, if Vader was so great, he should have Saber'd Palps friggin head off and left no questions

20 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Why do people hold on so tightly to Vader? Or his supposed "arc" that it would be "sullying" his legacy/contribution to the Star Wars Universe if Palpatine does come back?  Look, if Vader was so great, he should have Saber'd Palps friggin head off and left no questions

That was sort of the entire point of the OT. The intention is still there. Vader redeemed himself but the idea that the prophecies did come true in the OT and Vader did bring balance to the Force at the end of RotJ, is gone now. Unless Force ghost Anakin bodies Palps again, this and this new Chosen One prophecy are hot garbage. 

Edited by TUF

27 minutes ago, TUF said:

That was sort of the entire point of the OT. The intention is still there. Vader redeemed himself but the idea that the prophecies did come true in the OT and Vader did bring balance to the Force at the end of RotJ, is gone now. Unless Force ghost Anakin bodies Palps again, this and this new Chosen One prophecy are hot garbage. 

life happens....throw a bad guy down a hole leaves things open...I"m def not as close to source material or even the movies as everyone else...so I'll defer to yall I guess

I enjoyed both episodes, felt like the star wars i knew as a kid. Better than all the prequels and the new movies.

Kinda sucks that we couldn't even go 2 episodes without a jedi showing up though.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and shoes

It’s a me, Mandalorio!

I keep waiting for an Iron Mandalorian meme given Favraeu's involvement and the whole shiny silver helmeted "weapons expert" in the desert theme. 

Related image

Image result for mandalorian