juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

11 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Finally got caught up with The Mandalorian 

First 3 chapters have been excellent so far can't wait for the next one. 

Definitely my favourite Star Wars bit of media I have seen since Phantom Menace.

Image result for i have spoken gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Maybe he forgot about rouge one?

There is only one thing that came after TPM that is worse than the TPM and that is Attack of the Clones.

Revenge of the Sith is better. The Clone Wars tv show is better. The Force Awakens is much better. The Last Jedi is much, much better and the Mandalorian isn't even a sanctioned contest.

25 minutes ago, 12еr said:

There is only one thing that came after TPM that is worse than the TPM and that is Attack of the Clones.

Revenge of the Sith is better. The Clone Wars tv show is better. The Force Awakens is much better. The Last Jedi is much, much better and the Mandalorian isn't even a sanctioned contest.

was thinking we were actually getting somewhere until the bold lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

was thinking we were actually getting somewhere until the bold lol

I'm not trying to "get somwhere" with you. I'm the authority here, shut up and learn, you dud.

• Haha 1

Seeing Carano on screen is always enjoyable knowing there's some timeline where Ronda beat Holm and went on to get the roles Gina has been getting. So it's always a nice reminder. Sort of another nothing episode besides the introduction of her character but it atleast did for AT-STs what Rogue One did for Darth Vaders image. After a bunch of rapey teddy bears made a mockery of them in Return of the Jedi. Was fun but probably my least favorite episode so far and have liked the following episode less than the previous each week, which isn't a great sign.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Used TPM soundtrack 😍

A single song isn't a "soundtrack" and the song is called duel of the fates, normie. 

• Confused 1

The "Duel" TV spot trailer is LIT.

I'm already pumped for Episode IX, but that trailer gets my jimmies moving. I have tickets for both 19th and 20th (Thurs and Friday). 

Mandolorian Episode 4 was my least favorite so far , but nonetheless still thoroughly enjoying the series 

3-1-2-4 Favorite-Least Favorite is where I rank em right now

Also due to my chitty Night Shift schedule I'm still up 3AM PT and watching The Force Awakens (on Disney+ ofcourse). And it's still better than all the prequels combined. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nyte said:

And it's still better than all the prequels combined. 

u havin a giggle mate?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Judd for the memes alone the prequels deserve our love. 

The lore introduced in the prequels is good, but the execution and writing was just terrible.

210.gif

Say what you will about artistic choices in The Last Jedi, but this just objectively better.

WeeklyFatherlyIrishwolfhound-max-1mb.gif

• Confused 1

Also, the best duel in the prequels, Obi-Wan vs Anakin, they managed to ruin because they made it about 8 minutes too long and ended it in the dumbest way possible. 

Just now, 12еr said:

Also, the best duel in the prequels, Obi-Wan vs Anakin, they managed to ruin because they made it about 8 minutes too long and ended it in the dumbest way possible. 

Lmao 'the high ground' is some of the maddest **** I've ever heard considering Anakin can back flip about 20 feet. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lmao 'the high ground' is some of the maddest **** I've ever heard considering Anakin can back flip about 20 feet. 

Why wouldn't he just move 10 feet down to the right or left and step onto the ground, or just jump onto the ground in front of Obi-Wan. 

Anything except jump lightsaber length over his head.

George reached peak Star Wars in Revenge of the Sith

12er reached for them grapes worse then Chuck when he started posting concert choreography. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

George reached peak Star Wars in Revenge of the Sith

12er reached for them grapes worse then Chuck when he started posting concert choreography. 

This is coming from the man who pointed out that Rey could swim when talking about her being OP the other week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Based George was obviously playing 4D chess on us, using "the high ground" as some next level metaphor that will only be appreciated by more evolved scholars in the distant future

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TUF said:

Kanjiklub vs rathtar was a better fight than the throne room

Kaniklub were better fleshed out villains than Maul was. 

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TUF said:

Based George was obviously playing 4D chess on us, using "the high ground" as some next level metaphor that will only be appreciated by more evolved scholars in the distant future

George was brilliant with special effects and big picture universe building.

He's terrible at writing and directing, m8. That's why he always got other people to write and direct the films he wanted to make. Lawrence Kasen wrote Indiana Jones and Spielberg directed it. Lawrence Kasen wrote Empire and ROTJ. 

He was poisoned by his own wolf tickets between the OT and PT and tried to do it all himself. That's why it ended up so chitty.

Hell, A New Hope was an incoherent mess until George's first wife took over editing and won an academy award for it.

Edited by 12еr

1 minute ago, TUF said:

Space Balls had better choreography, CGI, and character logic than the throne room scene

Space Balls had a better love story than Anakin and Padme.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 12еr said:

George was brilliant with special effects and big picture universe building.

He's terrible at writing and directing, m8. That's why he always got other people to write and direct the films he wanted to make. Lawrence Kasen wrote Indiana Jones and Spielberg directed it. Lawrence Kasen wrote Empire and ROTJ. 

Hell, A New Hope was an incoherent mess until George's first wife took over editing and won an academy award for it.

Star Wars was always meant to be space opera. Not some quippy Marvel movie. It's white knights in space. Not sure why it's taken some people 40 years to understand the writing is suppose to be hammy. The first 2 films (American Graffiti, Star Wars) that George ever wrote/directed were both nominated for Oscars in both categories. The man can write and direct. His writing in Return of the Jedi withstanding he should have won a lifetime achievement award just for his writing and work on Willow ALONE. 

• Like 1

Finally got round to watching episode 4 of the Mandalorian last night.

• Really enjoyed it the initial fight scene with Gina and Pedro was nicely choreographed. 
  • The training scene with the locals reminded me of the seven samurai/magnificent seven vibe 
  • Probably the most menacing I have seen one of those AT-ST's ever been used in Star Wars. Usually feels like they are little more than comedic effect but this one felt legitimately dangerous 

Just gutted that its halfway done already. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TUF said:

"the high ground" was a fantastic way to end that fight IMO.....waaaaaaaaaay better than seeing Rey beat Kylo every time just cuz.

2 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

heard the ewoks will be in ROS too

Hopefully it's just exactly like John Connor's appearance in Dark Fate

On 12/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, VertFTW said:

"the high ground" was a fantastic way to end that fight IMO.....waaaaaaaaaay better than seeing Rey beat Kylo every time just cuz.

I can't tell if you're a brilliant troll or an astounding idiot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1