Jump to content
juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

Recommended Posts

Okay after my 2nd viewing last night , I am in the same boat as TUF , I actually kinda love the movie .  Here's a generic list of my reactions:

What I DISLIKED:

-Rey deeming herself a "Skywalker" at the end, even though the entire movie was telling Rey not to run away from who she is - including Leia. In fact, this is my biggest gripe with the movie.
-Knights of Ren being useless - but tbf, they weren't used in 8, if they weren't used in any capacity in this movie, everyone and their mom would have complained. Anyone could have saw from a mile away, Knights of Ren were gonna get pieced up at some point
-General Hux death - kinda liked the "spy" aspect - but then they killed him 3-minutes later, rather anti-climaticly and it didn't matter at that point
-Palpatine "making" Snoke. - just felt cringe. The way it was executed. I would be fine with Palps being the puppet master, but seemed like George Lucas wrote this line
-Chewie's Death - or rather not his death. I was onboard at first and was like, "welp I figured a big death had to happen" - just for them to be like, "nah jk bro". ...2 minutes later
-Kylo revealing Rey as a Palpatine - it came across as needing to please all the f*ggots complaining about Rey's powers for 4 years. Well you got your answer ya goof. I hated this scene the first time I saw it, didn't bother me too much the 2nd time around, but still, it just seems like it was there to please "fans"

What I LIKED
-Kylo ****ing Ren. - everytime this guy is on screen, he is amazing. That opening scene of him piecing up nobodies on Mustafar is straight fan service, but idgaf. Him moon-walking and killing a rando is the best god damn thing since Vader sliced in half a rebel scum he was holding on the ceiling
-Ben Solo Redemption - that scene with him and Han Solo got me in the feels and I loved every second of it
-Leia - idc if our brains knew she wasn't "there". I thought it worked and loved every aspect of her.
-Yeah, I'm even onboard with Leia training Rey
-Liked the flashback scene with Luke/Leia training
-Rey - yep Daisy Ridley nailed this movie. I enjoyed all her screentime
-C3PO - might be his best performance. He actually delivered most of the funniest lines in the movie
-Poe Dameron - liked him in this one way more than  TFA and TLJ
-Camaerdie between Finn/Poe/Rey (but mostly Finn/Poe) - was just a good time
-Emperor Palpatine - did his return make sense? Probably not, but fook it. He is so god damn awesome, idc and he actually came off horrifying and realizing of how powerful he is
-Ben Solo piecing up Knights of Ren - I wanted this to happen and it did and it was dope.
-Kylo Ren finally overpowering Rey - if it wasn't for Leia reaching out, Ren would have killed Rey.
-Kylo Ren's moon-walk kill - was lit - that opening scene was tight
-music - John Williams never disappoints
-Lando Calrissian - excellent as always
-Babu Frick - I liked him, no complaints
-Rey channelling the Jedi - wish we could have saw Anakin , but I'll take Anakin, Yoda, Windu, Qui-Gon, even Ahsoka and Kanan powering Rey to defeat Palps


So at the end of the day, I like this movie. It's an enjoyable watch and I plan on watching it several more times in theaters because we won't have another SW movie in theaters for years to come and I quite enjoy this one.

Nyte out
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Kylo Ren/ Ben Solo was essentially Anakin Skywalker in reverse. It was love that turned Anakin to the dark side. But it was love that saved Kylo. Anakin "needed" to turn dark to save Padme from death. But it was love [of Han/Leia] that turned Kylo back to the light and ultimately saved Rey. Anakin started in the light [Episode 1] and ended in the dark [Episode 3]. Kylo Ren started in the dark [Episode 7] and ended in the light [Episode 9]. I also like that in Episode 7 - Anakin Skywalker's saber shoots by Kylo to Rey - In Episode 8 , Kylo forces Anakin's saber back to Rey  -Episode 9 - Rey transports Anakin's saber to Ben Solo (Ben finally gets the saber) and he pieces of Knights of Ren.

^Idk if I worded that as cohesive as I wanted, but basically what I'm trying to say is - Anakin's saber rejecting Kylo in Episode 7 and 8 , but finally going to him in Episode 9

Overall, Kylo Ren/Ben Solo might actually be my favorite character in all of Star Wars. Come at me.

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive read that the more you think about it,  the worse it gets and its been the opposite. Lot of afterthoughts you don't have time to appreciate with the pacing of the movie. Thought Rey declaring herself a Skywalker at the end was kind of random but in a sense she is now. 

When Rey died and Ben gave her his life force, she essentially replaced her Palp life force with a Skywalker. 

Really loved all the subtle parallels. They did a great job channeling Han as Ben Solo as well. The no look with blaster and shrug. Still processing all the call backs.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TUF said:

[Spoi ler] Hot take [/spoler]

Just lose the gap

what the fook is going on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was up with the cone robot? He seemed kind of randomly thrown into the crew eventhough he did have some funny lines and I liked him.

Edited by OmoGOAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between Frankie and Weidman coming out as anti-vaxers this week, before Frankie just getting bodied by KZ and JJ retconning the entirety of TLJ, my thoughts prayers are with the 12er family.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TUF said:

Between Frankie and Weidman coming out as anti-vaxers this week, before Frankie just getting bodied by KZ and JJ retconning the entirety of TLJ, my thoughts prayers are with the 12er family.

Frankie got destroyed, you just informed me he's an anti vaxers, and you like this current star wars movie. I've just booked into the cottage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from matinee.  Really like it.

Never liked Finn, glad he didn't get what he wanted.

My list.

1 ESB
2 ANH
3 RO
4 ROTJ
5 ROS
6 TFA
7 ROTS
8 SOLO
9 TPM
10 TLJ
11 AOTC
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gonna watch after xmas now.  Entire family got struck down with a virus so now I'll be dodging spoilers for a week.  yaaaay...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VertFTW said:

So only me and 12 er think this movie  is a heaping pile of crap?🤔🤔🤔

A lot of people that review movies on YouTube hated it.

I only started watching Star Wars as an adult so I have no opinion other than ‘Rey is hot’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw it yesterday. Wasnt bad.

Couple things make you say wtf.

But overall I think they did alright with it.

Dark Rey had a unique sexiness to her.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another rethorical question 

 

If kylo was able to survive from his ship being sliced in half and crashing at full speed without a scratch how were the knights of ren able to hurt him lol

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Another rethorical question 

 

If kylo was able to survive from his ship being sliced in half and crashing at full speed without a scratch how were the knights of ren able to hurt him lol

If you are asking questions like these, I would suggest you start asking where space wizards and lightsabers come from first.

 

Or death stars, hyperdrive and wookies.

Edited by MoZZez
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TUF said:

Youre reaching for those grapes mate

The complaint you have about the last jedi is that an admiral dressed down a captain for mouthing off and disoberying orders.

IRL, Poe would have caught the hands and been thrown in jail. You want to talk about nitpicks, m8.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 12еr said:

The complaint you have about the last jedi is that an admiral dressed down a captain for mouthing off and disoberying orders.

IRL, Poe would have caught the hands and been thrown in jail. You want to talk about nitpicks, m8.

This Twelvert alliance is shaking up my very belief system. 

For all the countless problems with TLJ, I dont think ive ever heard anybody complain about the demotion of somebody who deserved to get demoted.

I think it was more about how a significant portion of the limited runtime was spent with some emo SJW random weve never heard of, womansplaining everything to Poe except what mattered. This guy is the best pilot in your already limited fleet, who just took down a dreadnaught and the Starkiller base. Put some spect on his name. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TUF said:

This Twelvert alliance is shaking up my very belief system. 

For all the countless problems with TLJ, I dont think ive ever heard anybody complain about the demotion of somebody who deserved to get demoted.

I think it was more about how a significant portion of the limited runtime was spent with some emo SJW random weve never heard of, womansplaining everything to Poe except what mattered. This guy is the best pilot in your already limited fleet, who just took down a dreadnaught and the Starkiller base. Put some spect on his name. 

There was nothing SJW about it, except for the fact that the admiral was a woman. You just sound like an idiot here, m8.

The guy ****ing mutinied twice and got their entire bombing fleet destroyed. Why the **** would anyone owe him any answers? It doesn't really matter that he's the best pilot if he's garbage in every other aspect of command.

Also, he was about 4-5 ranks below Holdo. In real life, if that happened, someone would have ****ed him up for real.

Wedge Antilles would have bodyslammed Poe if he had been there.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, don't lump me in with Vert. 

For one, I doubt he even saw the movie. Secondly, I'm not blanket hating on the movie. It was fine. My problem is that it could have been great if JJ had some balls and vision like Rian Johnson. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 12еr said:

There was nothing SJW about it, except for the fact that the admiral was a woman. You just sound like an idiot here, m8.

The guy ****ing mutinied twice and got their entire bombing fleet destroyed. Why the **** would anyone owe him any answers? It doesn't really matter that he's the best pilot if he's garbage in every other aspect of command.

Wedge Antilles would have bodyslammed Poe for acting like a primadonna. 

So the solution was to basically start a civil war on your ship by treating your most respected member of the resistance like a mushroom? Why tell everyone else about your perfectly sensible plan except the guy that has already proven to be capable of mutinee. Its almost like it and 40 minutes of wasted screen time could have been avoided. Rian is a great a visionary evidenced by Looper and other movies but he should have either done the whole trilogy or kissed JJs ring cause he nearly derailed a whole franchise with his "vision"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luke Thomas (@lthomasnews) twitteó a las 7:19 p. m. on dom., dic 22, 2019:
#RiseofSkywalker is a streaming pile of feces.

Every Star Wars cliche and cheap fan service lazily reheated. Felt like I was watching Transformers or Fast and the Furious.

It's so bad I was relieved when it was over and we can be done with all of that.
(https://twitter.com/lthomasnews/status/1208920068689670146?s=09)

 

lol

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Luke Thomas (@lthomasnews) twitteó a las 7:19 p. m. on dom., dic 22, 2019:
#RiseofSkywalker is a streaming pile of feces.

Every Star Wars cliche and cheap fan service lazily reheated. Felt like I was watching Transformers or Fast and the Furious.

It's so bad I was relieved when it was over and we can be done with all of that.
(https://twitter.com/lthomasnews/status/1208920068689670146?s=09)

 

lol

Luke Thomas should stay in his lane and continue to bring the personality of a dead moth to MMA journalism.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TUF said:

So the solution was to basically start a civil war on your ship by treating your most respected member of the resistance like a mushroom? Why tell everyone else about your perfectly sensible plan except the guy that has already proven to be capable of mutinee. Its almost like it and 40 minutes of wasted screen time could have been avoided. Rian is a great a visionary evidenced by Looper and other movies but he should have either done the whole trilogy or kissed JJs ring cause he nearly derailed a whole franchise with his "vision"

Poe should have been shot for treason. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondered what the disturbance in the force was... read the thread to find a sinister 12vert alliance and the oft cynical sir Tuf viewing the film with the wide eyes of a child. 

Which quite frankly is how star wars should be viewed. 

Just watched it. I quite enjoyed it. Not thinking too much about character arcs or plot inconsistencies probably helps. 

I would slide it in at number 5 on my list below the 3 originals and rogue one. 

Ain't gonna tag him as he's not watching it until new year but I'm pleased for crangs that he gets to see a couple of ewoks.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Wondered what the disturbance in the force was... read the thread to find a sinister 12vert alliance and the oft cynical sir Tuf viewing the film with the wide eyes of a child. 

Which quite frankly is how star wars should be viewed. 

Just watched it. I quite enjoyed it. Not thinking too much about character arcs or plot inconsistencies probably helps. 

I would slide it in at number 5 on my list below the 3 originals and rogue one. 

Ain't gonna tag him as he's not watching it until new year but I'm pleased for crangs that he gets to see a couple of ewoks.

I'm convinced Vert went to Cats and somebody told him it was Star Wars cause the only people ive read that didn't like it were people that liked TLJ. If i liked TLJ, I would probably be saltier than Crait too if the next movie retconned everything about it. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was bad. Most damningly, it didn't feel like anything. Things just appeared out of nothing and then disappeared. Like a Harry Potter movie or something. Complete detachment. Blah.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TUF said:

I'm convinced Vert went to Cats and somebody told him it was Star Wars cause the only people ive read that didn't like it were people that liked TLJ. If i liked TLJ, I would probably be saltier than Crait too if the next movie retconned everything about it. 

I appreciate that Ryan called out Jar jar Abrams for his copy paste BS and trying to be another Michael bay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TUF said:

I'm convinced Vert went to Cats and somebody told him it was Star Wars cause the only people ive read that didn't like it were people that liked TLJ. If i liked TLJ, I would probably be saltier than Crait too if the next movie retconned everything about it. 

That’s not the problem with the movie. The only thing he retconned was Reys parentage, which is hot garbage but the entire plot of the movie is driven forward by their force bond which was a Rian Johnson creation.

The whole hyper speed skipping at the beginning was showing how the resistance tries to shake the FO now that they can track them which was also a Rian creation.

The only other Retcon was them putting Anakin’s lightsaber back together which was a stupid plot device that never even panned out anyway. She should have found Lukes green lightsaber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 12еr said:

That’s not the problem with the movie. The only thing he retconned was Reys parentage, which is hot garbage but the entire plot of the movie is driven forward by their force bond which was a Rian Johnson creation.

The whole hyper speed skipping at the beginning was showing how the resistance tries to shake the FO now that they can track them which was also a Rian creation.

The only other Retcon was them putting Anakin’s lightsaber back together which was a stupid plot device that never even panned out anyway. She should have found Lukes green lightsaber.

He literally retconned everything the fans complained about. 

Reys parentage.

Lukes attitude toward the Force/lightsaber

The Holdo manuever

Rose got Jar Jarred

The lightsaber being broken.

Luke being totally removed in TLJ. In ROS, it turns out he kept Leias saber for some reason and his Xwing wasnt really broken, just submerged, waiting at his disposal.

Snoke was supreme leader. Turns out he was actually just Palps puppet the whole time.

Lukes entire sacrifice was to be the spark to rally everyone through his legend. ROS starts and it had no involvement. It wasnt until Lando went knocking on doors that they got reinforcements.

You could basically skip the entirety of TLJ and not miss out on any important plot points. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen ROS yet but was discussing the movies with others. We got on the topic of me not liking TLJ. One person told me that TLJ as a standalone is bad but watching all 3 in a marathon makes it good.

So if I don't like the movie by itself, you think I'm going to enjoy it when I'm 4 hours deep into a marathon. Lol, no

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TUF said:

He literally retconned everything the fans complained about. 

Reys parentage.

Lukes attitude toward the Force/lightsaber

The Holdo manuever

Rose got Jar Jarred

The lightsaber being broken.

Luke being totally removed in TLJ. In ROS, it turns out he kept Leias saber for some reason and his Xwing wasnt really broken, just submerged, waiting at his disposal.

Snoke was supreme leader. Turns out he was actually just Palps puppet the whole time.

Lukes entire sacrifice was to be the spark to rally everyone through his legend. ROS starts and it had no involvement. It wasnt until Lando went knocking on doors that they got reinforcements.

You could basically skip the entirety of TLJ and not miss out on any important plot points. 

The Luke is 9 is literally the Luke at the end of 8. You guys got so rustled when he threw the lightsaber that you were too hysterical to appreciate the character arc.

They said the Holdo maneuver was a 1 in a million shot, that doesn’t retcon anything from 8.

Rose was just there to propel Finns story forward, doesn’t matter if she played no part in 9 because she wasn’t needed anymore.

The rest of your comments are reiterating gibberish I already addressed and as for being able to skip tlj, after 9 you can skip the entire trilogy because we’re literally back to where we were after Jedi.

I could have written a better movie than these clowns did honestly.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have recovered enough to be able to watch it Boxing Day I reckon

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, juice64011 said:

told me that TLJ as a standalone is bad but watching all 3 in a marathon makes it good.

🤔🤔🤔

 

Interesting point i did note that after watching this recent crap I simpathize with Ryan a bit more...will watch all three soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would disagree that you could skip TLJ and just watch 9 due to the fact the force bond are huge points in both movies , like 12er said

If you just watched 9 without seeing TLJ and saw the first scene of Rey/Kylo force connecting, you would be like what in the vert is this chit. I actually appreciate JJ furthered that in 9. 

made it even better when they established they could physically transport items i.e. beginning of the movie when he snatches her necklace , and set up when she transfers Ben the saber at the end.

I can accept Rey being a Palpatine, but it's blatantly obvious JJ and Rian had different visions. JJ, imo, was setting up Rey as having some type of lineage in 7, Rian said nah eff that but essentially still left it open-ended enough for JJ to come back in and do his thing. Personally, I preferred Rian's interpretation and dont think she needed to be related to anyone, but is what it is and I'm fine with her being a Palp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and I'm just gonna say this now, but Kylo Ren/Han Solo - Ben Solo redemption scene - is easily one of my favorite star wars scenes. I'm actually putting it just as good, if not better, as Vader turning back and yeeting Palpatine in 6. I love that it was essentially the exact dialogue in Episode 7 and was what Kylo wanted to do all along but thought what he did was irredeemable. And when he says "Dad" to be returned by "I know " - that was just fooking great. Once he chucked the saber , turned back and saw Han was gone , I literally felt Kylo and now Ben Solo's relief - he literally threw Kylo away. Just a great moment. I originally thought Luke, possibly Anakin, would have a similar scene like that to talk Kylo back to the light, but this was unexpected and hit way better on a deeper level imo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A more interesting movie and a natural progression from what happened in The Last Jedi would have been a civil war inside the FO itself between Hux and Kylo Ren. You could have given Kylo Ren the red storm troopers so you could still sell toys.

First scene could have shown stormtroopers in white preparing defenses and getting ready for battle when troops transports show up. Hux tells his troops that the enemy is approaching and to prepare for battle.

We see nondescript troop transports landing and we're expecting to see resistance fighters attack, instead Kylo Ren's theme plays and the ramp drops to reveal Kylo Ren and the Red storm troopers.

Not only is does this feel like a natural progression of the story, but it actually evens the playing field for the resistance in a plausible way. Now we have Luke's sacrifice inspiring resistance across the galaxy, and the FO is essentially cut into two halves and is too crippled by infighting to crush them while they recover after Crait.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×