juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

A more interesting movie and a natural progression from what happened in The Last Jedi would have been a civil war inside the FO itself between Hux and Kylo Ren. You could have given Kylo Ren the red storm troopers so you could still sell toys.

First scene could have shown stormtroopers in white preparing defenses and getting ready for battle when troops transports show up. Hux tells his troops that the enemy is approaching and to prepare for battle.

We see nondescript troop transports landing and we're expecting to see resistance fighters attack, instead Kylo Ren's theme plays and the ramp drops to reveal Kylo Ren and the Red storm troopers.

Not only is does this feel like a natural progression of the story, but it actually evens the playing field for the resistance in a plausible way. Now we have Luke's sacrifice inspiring resistance across the galaxy, and the FO is essentially cut into two halves and is too crippled by infighting to crush them while they recover after Crait.

Not enough jedi magic.

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

A more interesting movie and a natural progression from what happened in The Last Jedi would have been a civil war inside the FO itself between Hux and Kylo Ren. You could have given Kylo Ren the red storm troopers so you could still sell toys.

First scene could have shown stormtroopers in white preparing defenses and getting ready for battle when troops transports show up. Hux tells his troops that the enemy is approaching and to prepare for battle.

We see nondescript troop transports landing and we're expecting to see resistance fighters attack, instead Kylo Ren's theme plays and the ramp drops to reveal Kylo Ren and the Red storm troopers.

Not only is does this feel like a natural progression of the story, but it actually evens the playing field for the resistance in a plausible way. Now we have Luke's sacrifice inspiring resistance across the galaxy, and the FO is essentially cut into two halves and is too crippled by infighting to crush them while they recover after Crait.

Would watch but i suppose this ^ is the same reason people were disappointed with TLJ. Expectations. And maybe why i enjoyed ROS so much. I went in with no expectations after giving up on the trilogy after TLJ. I would honestly welcome a Kevin Feige (MCU) takeover with new characters getting movies and then all reconveining with characters from this sequel trilogy in another movie or even giving them a D+ series.

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Would watch but i suppose this ^ is the same reason people were disappointed with TLJ. Expectations. And maybe why i enjoyed ROS so much. I went in with no expectations after giving up on the trilogy after TLJ. I would honestly welcome a Kevin Feige (MCU) takeover with new characters getting movies and then all reconveining with characters from this sequel trilogy in another movie or even giving them a D+ series.

People were happy with the two soft reboots and furious when TLJ didn't clone Empire Strikes back enough.

Star Wars fans are idiots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

Not enough jedi magic.

Just now, 12еr said:

People were happy with the two soft reboots and furious when TLJ didn't clone Empire Strikes back enough.

12 minutes ago, 12еr said:

☝️☝️☝️☝️

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Still struggling to work out if @VertFTW has turned @12er to the dark side or it's the other way round 🤔

Who is planning a star wars - a-thon of all 9 movies black to black when they release ROS on dvd etc?

Vert didn't see the movie.

This idiot spent months critiquing the final season of game of thrones and then he started watching the whole thing for the first time after it ended.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 12еr said:

This idiot spent months critiquing the final season of game of thrones and then he started watching the whole thing for the first time after it ended.

Lmfao is that actually true? I started avoiding the GOT thread because I thought season 7/8 were trash and was really surprised that most people liked it lol. 

Still waited to watch them before hating on them mind lmao. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Let's face facts the mandalorian  is the best we will get from Disney star wars for the next 5 years...🙁

Vert likes Mandalorian
Deborah Chow directs episodes from Mandalorian
Deborah Chow will direct Obi Wan Kenobi series

Therefore, Vert will like Obi Wan Kenobi serieswhich will be happening within next 5 years lol. Deductive reasoning is not with vert

That being said - I am looking forward to said Obi Wan series. Also, after some days have passed, I have come to the conclusion that I really enjoy RoS and I will see it in theaters as many times as I can cause 1. I like watching Star Wars movies in theaters and 2. the theater I went to just got with the 21st century and has a bar in it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 12еr said:

To be fair, his university classes had the answers in the back of the book. So he was used to starting at the end, before he goes to the beginning so he can actually understand what is happening.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, crangs said:

kids watching rogue one for the first time.  

Im gonna tell my kids this is Suicide Squad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got back from a second viewing. Not sure ive ever had to sit front row or gone on Christmas but it was that packed. Not sure if thats a normal holiday thing or if its just getting better word of mouth than TLJ but a 2:30 showing on Christmas was more crowded than a 6:00 showing opening night. 

Also, fook off troll. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Just got back from a second viewing. Not sure ive ever had to sit front row or gone on Christmas but it was that packed. Not sure if thats a normal holiday thing or if its just getting better word of mouth than TLJ but a 2:30 showing on Christmas was more crowded than a 6:00 showing opening night. 

Also, fook off troll. 

Dude a movie isnt even worth going to if you have to sit front row. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lmfao is that actually true? I started avoiding the GOT thread because I thought season 7/8 were trash and was really surprised that most people liked it lol. 

Still waited to watch them before hating on them mind lmao. 

100% true. That's why he just spouts the main talking points to hate on it without ever being very specific.

He just wants to complain because he's a foglet that thinks he sounds sophisticated when he does.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

As a proud card carrying member of the Jew guild, it felt like broke mans IMAX. Would buy again.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/24/2019 at 6:18 AM, juice64011 said:

I haven't seen ROS yet but was discussing the movies with others. We got on the topic of me not liking TLJ. One person told me that TLJ as a standalone is bad but watching all 3 in a marathon makes it good.

So if I don't like the movie by itself, you think I'm going to enjoy it when I'm 4 hours deep into a marathon. Lol, no

I think the opposite is more true. As a standalone (as if like no other SW movies exist) it is better.

On 12/24/2019 at 6:53 PM, 12еr said:

I thought this would happen in the movie.

watched it, was entertained but think it needs a second viewing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoomPatrol said:

I think the opposite is more true. As a standalone (as if like no other SW movies exist) it is better.

Have to agree with this ^ Somebody said that prequels were bad movies but a good trilogy and the sequels were good movies but a bad trilogy and I have to agree. TLJ had some good ideas that could shine in it's own trilogy or stand alone but JJ clearly had plans for the trilogy that Rian hard passed on. The whole movie is a black sheep and even the color scheme, when you think about the movie, you just think of a black grim fever dream. 

13 hours ago, OmoGOAT said:

When braveheart came out my mate booked a load of tickets for the back row. 

Except he got confused by the diagram and booked them all right on the front. Spending 3 hours sat 6 feet away from the screen watching horses hurtle around from one side to the other was not optimal viewing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Nyte said:

2nd viewing is almost required. What did you think after your second viewing @TUF?

When TLJ came out on digital, I had to force myself to watch it to see if I could appreciate it more after accepting the direction it went in and it was just a bigger slog than first viewing. It atleast had some suspense in theaters. ROS was the opposite for me. Once I accepted the inclusion of Palpatine, how jarringly they handled Palpatine, and what his return meant to the OT overall, I was able to enjoy the movie even more on second viewing. I might have even been a little conservative with my score on it after the first viewing cause I felt like there must be a reason i'm missing why critics and Stans are hating on it but I really enjoyed. Coming from somebody who pooped on TFA and TLJ when they came out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2019 at 3:47 PM, TUF said:

Grading on a curve by release date

Phantom Menace: 65/100

Attack of the Clones: 60/100

Revenge of the Sith: 90/100

Solo: 75/100

Rogue One: 90/100 

A New Hope: 85/100

Empire Strikes Back: 90/100

Return of the Jedi: 80/100

Force Awakens: 70/100

The Last Jedi: 50/100

Rise of Skywalker: 90/100

Come at me nerds!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TUF said:

When TLJ came out on digital, I had to force myself to watch it to see if I could appreciate it more after accepting the direction it went in and it was just a bigger slog than first viewing. It atleast had some suspense in theaters. ROS was the opposite for me. Once I accepted the inclusion of Palpatine, how jarringly they handled Palpatine, and what his return meant to the OT overall, I was able to enjoy the movie even more on second viewing. I might have even been a little conservative with my score on it after the first viewing cause I felt like there must be a reason i'm missing why critics and Stans are hating on it but I really enjoyed. Coming from somebody who pooped on TFA and TLJ when they came out. 

Vert: ROS is a heaping pile of crap.. I put it last place (40/100)

TUF: Brah just ignore the palpatine plot holes.

Vert: ok..... still crap (50/100)..what about all the rediculous McGuffins and horrendous editing...?

TUF: Just ignore that too bruh..

Vert: hmm ok 70/100...but what about all the Mary Sue crap?

TUF: .......see above bruh..

Vert: .....female storm troopaaaahs!

TUF:  Dont be a stan bruhh just ignore that.

Vert: 90/100................

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Vert: ok..... still crap (50/100)..what about all the rediculous McGuffins and horrendous editing...?

You dislike films for terrible reasons. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TUF said:

Have to agree with this ^ Somebody said that prequels were bad movies but a good trilogy and the sequels were good movies but a bad trilogy and I have to agree. TLJ had some good ideas that could shine in it's own trilogy or stand alone but JJ clearly had plans for the trilogy that Rian hard passed on. The whole movie is a black sheep and even the color scheme, when you think about the movie, you just think of a black grim fever dream. 

JJ's idea for the whole trilogy that Rian passed on was completely remaking the OT from start to finish.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 12еr said:

JJ's idea for the whole trilogy that Rian passed on was completely remaking the OT from start to finish.

100% correct....In hindsight this probably makes sense to do since it was the safest risk averse and quickest way to get 3 new movies out as fast as possible.....they never bothered to do a story outline from scratch.....in hindsight Disney didnt have the experience make star wars movies from scratch.

Edited by VertFTW

51 minutes ago, 12еr said:

You think TROS is as good as ESB?

Slap yourself, twice daily.

...I suppose it makes me a bigger Stan if I ranked TLJ over the ORIGINAL Star Wars movie

Edited by TUF

13 minutes ago, TUF said:

...I suppose it makes me a bigger Stan if I ranked TLJ over the ORIGINAL Star Wars movie

ESB is better than the original. It's the consensus best film and you think this soft reboot is as good. You also think ROS is as good. 

Your takes are terrible.

6 minutes ago, 12еr said:

ESB is better than the original. It's the consensus best film and you think this soft reboot is as good. You also think ROS is as good. 

Your takes are terrible.

Why does it matter if it's a soft reboot. I also enjoy watching JJ's Star Trek reboots better than the originals as well. Don't feel it makes me any less of a fan. You ranked TLJ - the consensus worst Star Wars film - over the original Star Wars film. You know, the movie that establish the entire canon. 

ROS being a "soft reboot" doesn't make moments like waiting 40 years for Chewie to get his medal, Luke to lift the XWing or the whole Solo family getting a perfect send off, any less better. Knives Out is still in theaters if you'd rather fan boy over Rian Johnson than Star Wars m7. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TUF said:

Why does it matter if it's a soft reboot. I also enjoy watching JJ's Star Trek reboots better than the originals as well. Don't feel it makes me any less of a fan. You ranked TLJ - the consensus worst Star Wars film - over the original Star Wars film. You know, the movie that establish the entire canon. 

ROS being a "soft reboot" doesn't make moments like waiting 40 years for Chewie to get his medal, Luke to lift the XWing or the whole Solo family getting a perfect send off, any less better. Knives Out is still in theaters if you'd rather fan boy over Rian Johnson than Star Wars m7. 

It matters because I wanted a new star wars movie, not a rehash with cheap nostalgia. 

You had the ****ing audacity to say that Rian Johnson ruined Luke because he followed what moron Abrams set up TFA and then praise this idiot for ruining Vaders sacrifice.

And it was JJ that set up Luke the way he was in 8 btw. Han says in the TFA "a boy, an apprentice turned against him and ruined it all. Luke felt responsible and just walked away from everything."

And then idiot JJ Abrams fanboys cried that Rian didn't retcon it to make Luke the happy go-lucky boy he was in 4 and 5 as if it wasn't JJ's idea to begin with.

Star wars fans are dumb as ****.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 2

Not only did JJ ruin the trilogy with this garbage film, but he basically ruined the entire saga because he's a cuck who can't do anything except remake old movies.

1 minute ago, 12еr said:

It matters because I wanted a new star wars movie, not a rehash with cheap nostalgia. 

You had the ****ing audacity to say that Rian Johnson ruined Luke because he followed what moron Abrams set up TFA and then praise this idiot for ruining Vaders sacrifice.

And it was JJ that set up Luke the way he was in 8 btw. Han says in the TFA "a boy, an apprentice turned against him and ruined it all. Luke felt responsible and just walked away from everything."

And then idiot JJ Abrams fanboys cried that Rian didn't retcon it to make Luke the happy go-lucky boy he was in 4 and 5. 

Star wars fans are dumb as ****.

I don't think anybody had a problem with Luke "walking away". It probably had more to do with Rian making Luke a hopeless coont who got back seated in TLJ and snuck into a child's hut and had thoughts of murdering his nephew in his sleep... but what would Mark Hamill and the majority of fans know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Literally none of this discussion happened. Although most of the issues with Palpatine weren't plot holes and just poor story boarding choices. Not sure what terrible editing you're referring to and I chalked most of the McGuffins up to Di$ney setting up spinoffs (Force sensitive Fin and Lando/Afrocan girl). Also, how of all movies where it's explained she's OP because she's a Palpatine, but we also see her training for once, yet still loses to Kylo... are you choosing this movie to complain about her being a Mary Sue? 

2 hours ago, TUF said:

Literally none of this discussion happened. Although most of the issues with Palpatine weren't plot holes and just poor story boarding choices. Not sure what terrible editing you're referring to and I chalked most of the McGuffins up to Di$ney setting up spinoffs (Force sensitive Fin and Lando/Afrocan girl). Also, how of all movies where it's explained she's OP because she's a Palpatine, but we also see her training for once, yet still loses to Kylo... are you choosing this movie to complain about her being a Mary Sue? 

lol....

Palpatine coming back is a GIGANTIC plot hole bro...hes supposed to be dead....remeber the death star blew up? lol..... there are other plot holes just as bad...if needed we can cover them.... The editing is bad because it was done in real time(see below complaints by Maryann Brandon and Jar Jar Abrams was trying to fix change in direction from TLJ.....ive seen complaints here that it felt like the movie was a video game trailer.....this and the McGuffins is why.

https://www.awardsdaily.com/2019/12/13/maryann-brandon-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-editor-interview/

The McGuffins were a joke....everything from the stupid daggar to Rey going to the death star, going after palpatine, freeing chewbacca/millenium falco, etc etc etc. McGuffins within McGuffins brah.

For all we know Jar Jar Abrams was going to make Rey a skywalker and since TLJ changed the direction he panicked and set her as a Palpatine(which seems desperate lol) and that one time Rey sorta lost to Kylo ren she eneded up beating him lol Below is a decent rant vid about Rey being a Mary Sue and how that ruins star wars.

Edited by VertFTW

3 hours ago, TUF said:

I don't think anybody had a problem with Luke "walking away". It probably had more to do with Rian making Luke a hopeless coont who got back seated in TLJ and snuck into a child's hut and had thoughts of murdering his nephew in his sleep... but what would Mark Hamill and the majority of fans know.

This is idiotic. You think he walked away with a ****ing smile?

People thinking he should be the same old Luke Skywalker after JJ put him in exile and had his students murdered and nephew turned to the dark side are ****ing retarded.

Rian actually wrote the character well and gave him his own redemption arc where he learned from his mistakes. He saved the character and anyone who doesn't realize that is a dolt.

You should also thank Rian as a Reylo because it set up Ben's redemption by taking some of the heat off him for the whole thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol....

Palpatine coming back is a GIGANTIC plot hole bro...hes supposed to be dead....remeber the death star blew up? lol..... there are other plot holes just as bad...if needed we can cover them.... The editing is bad because it was done in real time(see below complaints by Maryann Brandon and Jar Jar Abrams was trying to fix change in direction from TLJ.....ive seen complaints here that it felt like the movie was a video game trailer.....this and the McGuffins is why.

https://www.awardsdaily.com/2019/12/13/maryann-brandon-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-editor-interview/

The McGuffins were a joke....everything from the stupid daggar to Rey going to the death star, going after palpatine, freeing chewbacca/millenium falco, etc etc etc. McGuffins within McGuffins brah.

For all we know Jar Jar Abrams was going to make Rey a skywalker and since TLJ changed the direction he panicked and set her as a Palpatine(which seems desperate lol) and that one time Rey sorta lost to Kylo ren she eneded up beating him lol

This is so dumb I stared at my screen for 3 minutes debating whether it was even worth responding to. 

Palpatine returning is not a plot hole. 

I just read the whole article and nothing backs up what you're saying. The only complaint was that Carrie Fisher died so it made writing her off challenging but it wasn't.

TLJ changed the the direction of the overall arc of the trilogy. JJ already stated when TLJ came out that Rey was initially suppose to have some significant lineage until Rian retconned that and it's pretty obvious that JJ wanted to just make a subtle remake of the OT. I liked Rian's idea better but here we are. It's only fitting that Palps was the baddie again for the ending and let people like Rian go off and make their own stand alones now. This whole disjointed trilogy should make a case for Kennedy's departure if she can't even organize an overarching story board. 

You keep using the word McGuffins and I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean what you think it means. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol....

For all we know Jar Jar Abrams was going to make Rey a skywalker and since TLJ changed the direction he panicked and set her as a Palpatine(which seems desperate lol) and that one time Rey sorta lost to Kylo ren she eneded up beating him lol Below is a decent rant vid about Rey being a Mary Sue and how that ruins star wars.

None of these casuals know it, but JJ also screwed up Poe's backstory. 

Poe was in the New Republic Navy before joining the Resistance. That is canon per the comics.

Poe even identifies himself as Commander Dameron of the Republic fleet in TLJ because Rian Johnson actually knows how to follow the story that came before him.

But JJ needed an excuse for Poe to know Zorri Bliss so she could give him a magic coin so they could board a star destroyer without having to actually put into any thought in how to get there.....because everything needs to be really fast or the audience will have time to realize how dumb it is.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TUF said:

This is so dumb I stared at my screen for 3 minutes debating whether it was even worth responding to.  

Palpatine returning is not a plot hole. 

I just read the whole article and nothing backs up what you're saying. The only complaint was that Carrie Fisher died so it made writing her off challenging but it wasn't.

TLJ changed the the direction of the overall arc of the trilogy. JJ already stated when TLJ came out that Rey was initially suppose to have some significant lineage until Rian retconned that and it's pretty obvious that JJ wanted to just make a subtle remake of the OT. I liked Rian's idea better but here we are. It's only fitting that Palps was the baddie again for the ending and let people like Rian go off and make their own stand alones now. This whole disjointed trilogy should make a case for Kennedy's departure if she can't even organize an overarching story board. 

You keep using the word McGuffins and I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean what you think it means. 

You can't retcon something that never happened. JJ left her lineage open, dummy. 

• Like 1

It makes you wonder just how bad Colin's script was that they settled on this hot garbage.

• Like 2