juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

Bubba, as the forum's leading academic, we need you to pick a side here.

Are you on Team Reylo or Team Rian GOATson.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 12еr said:

This is idiotic. You think he walked away with a ****ing smile?

People thinking he should be the same old Luke Skywalker after JJ put him in exile and had his students murdered and nephew turned to the dark side are ****ing retarded.

Rian actually wrote the character well and gave him his own redemption arc where he learned from his mistakes. He saved the character and anyone who doesn't realize that is a dolt.

You should also thank Rian as a Reylo because it set up Ben's redemption by taking some of the heat off him for the whole thing.

Let's review. JJ ended TFA with Luke in fecking Jedi robes. It's almost as if JJ had gotten to do the 2nd movie, he wasn't planning on Luke condemning all things Jedi. Nobody thinks Luke walked away with a smile but nobody also thinks that having a character who is a symbol of hope sneaking into a child's hut and nearly murdering his own nephew was a good idea. Luke showed signs in ESB, did fecking Yoda nearly kill him in his sleep as well? 

9 minutes ago, 12еr said:

because Rian Johnson actually knows how to follow the story that came before him.

This made me laugh more than any of the cringey tone deaf "humor" Rian tried to shoehorn in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 12еr said:

You can't retcon something that never happened. JJ left her lineage open, dummy. 

JJ already said they had discussed plans for a lineage. Would also make sense why she was such a Mary Sue and had a dark side. Rian said no. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Team Twelvert are the only 2. Like a couple Sith cucks. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TUF said:

JJ already said they had discussed plans for a lineage. Would also make sense why she was such a Mary Sue and had a dark side. Rian said no. 

Show me where her lineage is explained in TFA.

25 minutes ago, TUF said:

Let's review. JJ ended TFA with Luke in fecking Jedi robes. It's almost as if JJ had gotten to do the 2nd movie, he wasn't planning on Luke condemning all things Jedi. Nobody thinks Luke walked away with a smile but nobody also thinks that having a character who is a symbol of hope sneaking into a child's hut and nearly murdering his own nephew was a good idea. Luke showed signs in ESB, did fecking Yoda nearly kill him in his sleep as well? 

This made me laugh more than any of the cringey tone deaf "humor" Rian tried to shoehorn in. 

Ben was in his twenties when that event happened. He wasn't a child.

You don't even know the basic facts.

• Thanks 1

Just read an article saying "fans" are upset the way Rose's character was handled in ROS and they did her dirty with limited screen time 

These are the same cucks that condemned her for being a useless character in TLJ

Star Wars fans are the biggest idiots

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 12еr said:

As the fora's leading fence - sitter, is both an option?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, 12еr said:

Show me where her lineage is explained in TFA.

Weren't you the one white knighting for JJ and Disney that they would obviously draft some kind of overarching story before all of this. I think given the final movie, and how OP Rey was from the beginning that this was always the plan. If JJ told others like was leaked a couple years ago, I'm sure he might have ran it by Rian. Rian just said no.

Nothing changes. Anakin can still be your chosen one. He still redeemed himself. He still brought balance to the force for a time but he wasn't the first and he won't be the last and even voices to Rey to bring balance to the Force like he once did. The Skywalker story is a story about redemption so I'm not sure what you were expecting?

sheSCVz.png

Related image

Great story mate!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's almost as if reading all the leaks before the movie came out and deciding you hated it before seeing it was going to influence your experience. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Weren't you the one white knighting for JJ and Disney that they would obviously draft some kind of overarching story before all of this. I think given the final movie, and how OP Rey was from the beginning that this was always the plan. If JJ told others like was leaked a couple years ago, I'm sure he might have ran it by Rian. Rian just said no.

Nothing changes. Anakin can still be your chosen one. He still redeemed himself. He still brought balance to the force for a time but he wasn't the first and he won't be the last and even voices to Rey to bring balance to the Force like he once did. The Skywalker story is a story about redemption so I'm not sure what you were expecting?

sheSCVz.png

Related image

Great story mate!

The OT was about redemption. The PT certainly wasn't, and this one should have had the courage to do something new.

Broomboy showing up at the end as a reincarnated Anakin would have been a more compelling story.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TUF said:

It's almost as if reading all the leaks before the movie came out and deciding you hated it before seeing it was going to influence your experience. 

This wasn't directed at me, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I read most of the leaks. I never do that, but in this case I wasn't going to see it in theatres until my mate asked me. I prefer to go in without preconceptions. I still tried to go in with an open mind, not sure how well I succeeded. The evidence against the movie was crushing, but I was still thinking there might be a chance I could like it. People can twist things around to suit their agenda, for sure.

It didn't work for me. Neither did TLJ, but it had a couple of cool moments. TFA I liked because after the PT it captured the feel of a SW movie and it was funny. Pretty much the only good things about ROS was the Kylo and Rey relationship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

The OT was about redemption. The PT certainly wasn't, and this one should have had the courage to do something new.

Broomboy showing up at the end as a reincarnated Anakin would have been a more compelling story.

Maybe they should have killed both Rey and Kylo and then throw in the broomboy. And evil broomboy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

This wasn't directed at me, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I read most of the leaks. I never do that, but in this case I wasn't going to see it in theatres until my mate asked me. I prefer to go in without preconceptions. I still tried to go in with an open mind, not sure how well I succeeded. The evidence against the movie was crushing, but I was still thinking there might be a chance I could like it. People can twist things around to suit their agenda, for sure.

It didn't work for me. Neither did TLJ, but it had a couple of cool moments. TFA I liked because after the PT it captured the feel of a SW movie and it was funny. Pretty much the only good things about ROS was the Kylo and Rey relationship.

Fair enough. Full disclosure, overall I'm disappointed with the sequel trilogy but over the last 4 years the ST has been a bit of a Trojan horse to get my wife and daughters to like Star Wars so I will forever be grateful for that. It's been fun sharing it with them and going to the theater with them this last time and everybody leaving happy will be a memory I'll never forget. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

I enjoyed the mandalorian finale.

Having to wait a year to hear Carl Weathers call Mando, Mando, is tew long. Season 1 was a fun watch. Filler and all

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

I enjoyed the mandalorian finale.

Loved it, can’t wait for season 2. 

Had to go looking on other sites to find this as for some reason the one I have been using uploaded this one in a French dubbed version lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

I like the way season 1 ended as well...had a conclusion, held story lines together, and allows for a wide array of options moving forward

It was decent for what it was but comparing to other shows out there in past years the quality is laughable but it's the best we will get from Disney star wars for a while.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm only on the Bill Burr episode. Watched it last night. Gotta say that was one of the best hours of TV I've watched in a long time. Characters were awesome, the ending was awesome, and once again Baby Yoda is a complete legend every second he's on the screen.

This show has been great so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

It was decent for what it was but comparing to other shows out there in past years the quality is laughable but it's the best we will get from Disney star wars for a while.

What do you think is a good show?

• Like 3

watched first 2 eps.  will probably do 2 a day to finish it off.  Good fun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought the scene where IG had to sacrifice himself to beat some storm troopers but then Mando used his jet pack to take out a tie fighter was dumb but overall I enjoyed the show and the longer episode at the end. Hopefully they change to 40-50 minute episodes and create a more in depth story for future seasons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 12еr said:

What do you think is a good show?

Battlestar gattica

Star trek OS

Star trek NG

GOT

Dr who

Etc etc etc etc the mandaloroan wouldn't touch a top 50 of sci fi fantasy shows ranking.

6 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Battlestar gattica

Star trek OS

Star trek NG

GOT

Dr who

Etc etc etc etc the mandaloroan wouldn't touch a top 50 of sci fi fantasy shows ranking.

GOT is like the free bingo space and even then, you have to compare their first seasons, not the whole series. I assume your trolling regarding the others.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Are you trying to Jedi mind trick me into forgetting that youre still the one doesnt know what it means. You havent even given any examples.

Lol tell me how many macguffins are in ROS?

Jeremy Ross (@jebus911) twitteó a las 6:06 p. m. on sáb., dic 28, 2019:
It was like a Star Wars movie for people who get their burgers plain and only eat cheese pizza.
(https://twitter.com/jebus911/status/1211075887136985088?s=09)

lol

I watched the movie twice and thought it was good. I moved on with my life now. I suggest everyone else do the same. 

I'm also re-reading the ORIGINAL mandalorian books. 

They're still canon to me damnit

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TUF said:

GOT is like the free bingo space and even then, you have to compare their first seasons, not the whole series. I assume your trolling regarding the others.

Thinking and analyzing in depth is only for top 10 universities....not top 20

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Battlestar gattica

Star trek OS

Star trek NG

GOT

Dr who

Are you a transgender man or just a regular woman ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Battlestar gattica

Star trek OS

Star trek NG

GOT

Dr who

giphy.gif

• Confused 1

Jeremy Ross (@jebus911) twitteó a las 8:58 a. m. on dom., dic 29, 2019:
I went in to that starwars movie thinking 7 was ok and 8 was awful.

Somehow 9 was so bad that I came out thinking 8 was the best one in the trilogy.
(https://twitter.com/jebus911/status/1211300472079953920?s=09)

lol

Vert is a Trekkie (virgin) that is just here to **** on Star Wars because he wants to deep throat Captain Ritard 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

over the last 10 days, my 11yr old and I have watched Episodes 1-8 of Star Wars....twice....each.

Good times.

Her favorites are Episode 6, 7, 2, 8....all for varying reasons, some comical.

6 is her fav overall (i think)....7 she likes b/c of Yoda and the Vader confrontation at the end...2 she likes b/c of the cringe-y love story interactions b/c Anakin and Padme...8 she likes b/c of the cinematic "look" and b/c of Kylo meltdown at the end.

We probably wont see 9 until it comes out to rent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

over the last 10 days, my 11yr old and I have watched Episodes 1-8 of Star Wars....twice....each.

Good times.

6 is her fav overall (i think)....7 she likes b/c of Yoda and the Vader confrontation at the end...2 she likes b/c of the cringe-y love story interactions b/c Anakin and Padme...8 she likes b/c of the cinematic "look" and b/c of Kylo meltdown at the end.

This is either wrong or very wrong.

36 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

lol...isn't 7 where Luke trains with Yoda and eventually confronts Vader and gets his arm cut off?

Thats episode 5, m5.

I need a revised list before I pass judgement on your daughter now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

Good times.

Replace 6 and 7 with 4 and 5

• Like 1