• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

Jolldan one punch KOed 18 people in week one to win Survivor Series in record time

Time for the 12th edition of Survivor Series.  Rules below.

Either sign up by writing in, or simply make your picks.  Must choose 3 fighters, 2 need to win for you to survive.  More detailed rules below.

Official Rules

How to play:

A minimum of 16 players will pick three fighters they think will win for the next upcoming UFC card in the hopes that at least two of their fighters win. When at least two of these fighters win, the player will move on to the next card while all those who don't will be eliminated from the game. When there are six players or less left, six fighters must be picked with four of those fighters winning to survive. This will continue until there is one survivor.

Rules Break Down:

• No player cap.
  • Seven or more players left must pick three fighters. (Two winning fighters to survive)
  • Six or less players left must pick six fighters. (Four winning fighters to survive)
  • Three or less players left must pick six fighters with at least two picks being different than their opponents (Review Special Situations for who picks first)
  • All picks must be submitted in the tournament thread before the fighters that you choose have started to fight. You must make all your picks at the same time in one post.
  • Any pick changes must be made no later than one hour before the card starts. Any changes made after that cut-off point will be disregarded
  • It is the responsibility of players to make changes to picks in the event fights are cancelled or changed. If the player does not pick a new fighter due to cancelations or changes, the picks they do have will be in play with the handicap of not having their other unchosen pick. If fights are cancelled after the pick deadline, they will count as correct picks.
  • Players can not pick two fighters who are fighting each other.
  • Draws and No Contests will count as correct picks.
  • Official results during events are final.

Special Situations:

• When there are ten players or less remaining, the player with the lowest number of correct picks will be eliminated, regardless of how many they get right. If two/three are tied for last place, both are eliminated. If four are tied, however, no one is eliminated.  
  • In the event that no-one is eliminated in a given round, the number of picks/correct picks increases by one. This carries on increasing until someone is eliminated, after which we revert to the usual number of picks. So if for example, no one is eliminated in round one, you must get 3 out of 4 correct picks; if still no one is eliminated, you must get 4 out of 5 correct picks etc.
  • In the event that everyone is eliminated when there are still seven or more players, only those with at least one correct pick will survive.
  • In the event that everyone is eliminated when there are six or less players, highest score wins unless there is a tie for highest score. Players who tie with the highest score for that event will survive.
  • In the event that three or less players remain, at least two of their picks must be different than their opponents. Highest overall score throughout the current tournament gets to make their picks first and so on. If that's tied, highest post count goes first.
  • In the event that everyone is eliminated with no correct picks, there will be no survivors, no champion will be crowned, and the UFC Survivor Series Tournament Champions wall will remain blank for that tournament.
  • Three consecutive perfect card picks will earn immunity for the player during the next cards they play until they do not survive a card. Once it is utilized, it will no longer be in effect. Immunity will no longer be in effect if the player reaches six or less players. No more than one immunity per player per season
  • In the event a player changes their name, it will be required of them to post their original name with their picks for the next card. Not doing so will result in their picks not being updated on the OP.

Multiple Cards:

• In the event that there are multiple cards that are within less than 72 hours apart, both cards will be played at the same time for survival.
  • Each player will be required to pick double the amount of fighters in the particular round.
  • Seven or more players left must pick six fighters. (Four winning fighters to survive)
  • Six or less players left must pick 12 fighters. (Eight winning fighters to survive)
  • Three or less players left must pick 12 fighters with at least four of their picks being different than their opponents.
  • Fighters can be picked on any card in any combination, e.g. you can pick all your fighters from one card or a few from one card and the rest from the other.
  • Picking six correct fighters will count as two perfect cards for immunity.

• Decompoze and jaybird86 like this

England may have invented the game but Australia perfected it. Long may The Ashes stay in their rightful home, GOATstraya

#2 buddy?

buddy?
  • Free
  • 5,303 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:30 AM

Cyborg
Khabib
Condit

#3 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:32 AM

Guys, given that the last two have ended extremely quickly, I propose the following additional rules:

"If there are more than 6 players left and all apart from one are eliminated, only those with the lowest score are eliminated from the game"

"In the above rule, the player surviving earns an immunity"

Fyi, immunity is like an extra life, but you lose it if the game gets to 6 players or below.

Practically speaking, in the previous event that Wang won, 11 people were eliminated at once.  If we implement the above 2 rules, only 4 people would have been eliminated, and Wang would have received an immunity.  That way the game doesn't finish too soon, and Wang is also rewarded for his efforts.

Thoughts?  I don't have a strong preference.  If we seem fairly split I'll do it as a poll, but it may be that there is a clear preference either way.

• Decompoze likes this

England may have invented the game but Australia perfected it. Long may The Ashes stay in their rightful home, GOATstraya

#4 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

Guys, given that the last two have ended extremely quickly, I propose the following additional rules:

"If there are more than 6 players left and all apart from one are eliminated, only those with the lowest score are eliminated from the game"

"In the above rule, the player surviving earns an immunity"

Fyi, immunity is like an extra life, but you lose it if the game gets to 6 players or below.

Practically speaking, in the previous event that Wang won, 11 people were eliminated at once.  If we implement the above 2 rules, only 4 people would have been eliminated, and Wang would have received an immunity.  That way the game doesn't finish too soon, and Wang is also rewarded for his efforts.

Thoughts?  I don't have a strong preference.  If we seem fairly split I'll do it as a poll, but it may be that there is a clear preference either way.

Nah, if you win it you win it, more power to you.

• Weidman_The_God likes this

Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#5 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:37 AM

Cyborg
Khabib
Lineker

Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#6 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

Cyborg
Rountree
Linekar

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72  

UFC Fight Night 76  

UFC Fight Night 84 

UFC Fight Night 113

#7 Undisputed16

Undisputed16
  • Elite
  • 2,600 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:10 AM

IN
Events Attended: UFC 205 | UFC 208 | UFC 210 | UFC 213 | UFC on Fox 25 | UFC 217 | UFC 218
Bellator 185
Upcoming: UFC 220

#8 Undisputed16

Undisputed16
  • Elite
  • 2,600 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:10 AM

Nah, if you win it you win it, more power to you.

Events Attended: UFC 205 | UFC 208 | UFC 210 | UFC 213 | UFC on Fox 25 | UFC 217 | UFC 218
Bellator 185

#9 Taylor_Schonerstedt

Taylor_Schonerstedt
  • Free
  • 509 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:58 AM

Marc Diakiese

Khalil Rountree

Khabib Nurmagomedov

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

#10 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:09 AM

In

Cyborg

Khabib

Calvillo

#11 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

Banned

• Banned
  • 38,017 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:29 AM

The last one was a one in a million shot I wouldn't change anything.

In.

#12 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 25,646 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:15 AM

Cyborg
Condit
Diakiese
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#13 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:18 AM

The last one was a one in a million shot I wouldn't change anything.

In.

It's happened in the last two though. More dramatically this time (from 18 to 1), but we also went from 12 to 1 in the previous event (Survivor series X)

Lol, maybe all the ufc fighters are getting lazy at year end which is why we're getting so many upsets.
  • jaybird86 likes this

#14 Undisputed16

Undisputed16
  • Elite
  • 2,600 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:30 AM

Cyborg
Condit
Diakiese
Bellator 185

#15 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

Banned

• Banned
  • 38,017 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:37 AM

It's still very rare that this game ends in round 1.

The SS before that ended in round 4? I remember that Ive made picks for at least 3 or 4 cards last time. I think it was 4 cards. That's normal. People are supposed to die in this game, aren't they?

Whatever it's your game do what you want to do. I'm no cry baby bish who leaves games cause it ain't going the way I want to have it.

#16 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:37 AM

It's happened in the last two though. More dramatically this time (from 18 to 1), but we also went from 12 to 1 in the previous event (Survivor series X)

Lol, maybe all the ufc fighters are getting lazy at year end which is why we're getting so many upsets.

These facts tell me I should never bet.

In - picks forthcoming.

Edited by jaybird86, 18 December 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#17 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:32 AM

It's still very rare that this game ends in round 1.

The SS before that ended in round 4? I remember that Ive made picks for at least 3 or 4 cards last time. I think it was 4 cards. That's normal. People are supposed to die in this game, aren't they?

Yeah, it ended in round 4.  Previous one was round 14, one before that round 10.  So it just seemed a bit abrupt having back to back R4 then R1.  Guess it was just a freak couple of weeks.  Nobody seems that bothered about changing it so I'll probably leave it as it is.

• Decompoze likes this

#18 RadLad

RadLad
  • Free
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:35 AM

In

Cyborg

Rountree

Diakiese

F**k you, GSP.

#19 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:12 AM

Cyborg
Condit
Smolka

qUDIQwQ.gif

#20 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:12 AM

Cyborg
Khabib
Condit
34pz2qh.jpg

#21 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 7,009 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:26 AM

Rules should stay as is imo. If somebody manages to get the round 1 KO then so be it they earned the W.

Still is quite shocking it happened back to back like that. Should make for an incredible story update Bubba!
  • Decompoze and buddy? like this

#22 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

Banned

• Banned
  • 38,017 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:37 AM

Now after seeing all those cyborg picks from people with GSP AVs...

Im forced to think that this SS might end pretty quick again lol

• the_enigma likes this

#23 SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal
  • Free
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

Bubba wanting people to win even when they lose.

Confirmed millenial.
  • Bubba_Sparks, amunera, BigDaddyDelta and 1 other like this
34pz2qh.jpg

#24 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:58 AM

Bubba wanting people to win even when they lose.

Confirmed millenial.

Lol, I wish!!
  • jaybird86 likes this

#25 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 20,273 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

SIGN ME UP

also mark me down for keep the rules and change nothing!!!!! If cans like jolldan and I can win in one game, we just get to showoff more

• Decompoze and buddy? like this

#26 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

SIGN ME UP

also mark me down for keep the rules and change nothing!!!!! If cans like jolldan and I can win in one game, we just get to showoff more

Agreed!

You also get to boast the shortest title defense in SS history. I think you did the Kevin Nash dive for your fellow paper boy, hespect!

• AndyWang likes this

#27 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 20,273 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

Agreed!

You also get to boast the shortest title defense in SS history. I think you did the Kevin Nash dive for your fellow paper boy, hespect!

didnt you hear?? jolldan was roiding

http://forums.ufcfig...er-v-rda/page-3

• Decompoze likes this

#28 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

didnt you hear?? jolldan was roiding

http://forums.ufcfig...er-v-rda/page-3

LOL it all makes sense now. Hope this SS doesnt take place in Brazil again.

• AndyWang and xFINISHxHIMx like this

#29 IRT_!!!!!

IRT_!!!!!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 25,443 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

Cyborg

Condit

Rivera

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#30 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 8,454 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

in 

Cyborg

Calvillo

Rountree

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#31 JSW

JSW
  • Free
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

Diakese
Calvillo
Condit

#32 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:05 PM

Diakiese

Roundtree

Cyborg

#33 xFINISHxHIMx

xFINISHxHIMx

Banned

• Banned
  • 38,017 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

Jury
Calvillo
Condit

#34 the_enigma

the_enigma
  • Moderators
  • 22,689 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

I’m in.

I’ll make my picks during the main card lel
  • jaybird86 likes this

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2
Survivor Series VIII - Sole survivor.

#35 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 20,273 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

Cyborg

Calvillo

Nicolau

#36 Douglass

Douglass

#1 P4P

• Banned
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

rountree

khabib

cyborg

i am bananas.

#37 the_enigma

the_enigma
  • Moderators
  • 22,689 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

Cyborg
Jury
Nicolau

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

#38 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 7,009 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

Rountree
Condit
Vettori

#39 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

Cyborg
Khabib
Lineker

I'll take Condit instead of Lineker

Fav:
conair.gif?w=780

#40 OzPride

OzPride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 24,403 posts
  • LocationOztralia

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:29 AM

khabib
condit
hooker

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#41 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:24 PM

changing khabib to rountree please

#42 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

changing khabib to rountree please

Done.

How's the dog doing matey?

• Decompoze likes this

#43 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

Done.

How's the dog doing matey?

We got her back home today actually. The recovery is going in the right direction. Got a ton of pills to give her over the next few weeks but hopefully she'll be back to herself in a month! The fam and I are thrilled.

Edited by Decompoze, 30 December 2017 - 12:44 PM.

#44 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

We got her back home today actually. The recovery is going in the right direction. Got a ton of pills to give her over the next few weeks but hopefully she'll be back to herself in a month! The fam and I are thrilled.

Great news mate.

• Decompoze likes this

#45 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

Get your picks in folks, we're up to 20.....any more takers?

I'll take Cyborg, Rountree and Khabib

#46 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

Can Joldan eliminate everyone twice in a row on the first card?

#47 the_enigma

the_enigma
  • Moderators
  • 22,689 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

oh look I’ve advanced already
  • jaybird86 likes this

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

#48 the_enigma

the_enigma
  • Moderators
  • 22,689 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

I’d really like condit and cyborg to lose, that should eliminate most of the board

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

#49 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 7,009 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

Welp I'm dead
  • OzPride and jaybird86 like this