Sign in to follow this  
Megasoup

Classicboxer's 2018 Fitness and Training Goals

I firmly believe this thread over the years has been responsible for giving many forum members that extra push.

No one wants to hear about our fitness goals at work. People prefer to be left alone at the gym. These kinds of conversations don't impress girls we meet at the library. This a good place to talk about what we want and what we're doing about it without getting on other peoples nerves.

Sorry, we don't need some piece of **** to trash this place with getting wasted two or three times a year whilst rolling down a hill on a bicycle. He can start his own thread. If he wanted to submit a post or two, I wouldn't have cared.

But he spammed this place with that nonsense.

I here ya but i'm not bothered by what anyone post here. I would prefer this thread only be about fitness and giving each other a bit of inspiration but i can't control the content of others so i'm kinda like meh whatevs. 

• Like 1

LMAO.. your amateur boxing career that you have no evidence of, and your GOAT 1-1 amateur MMA record with your only win coming over a guy who never fought again??

I assure you, everybody here can do all of that. You did nothing amazing whatsoever. See, most of us have actual jobs and responsibilities. We're not stupid enough to take fights for free, and end up footing the bill for the damage caused. I can out wrestle you every day of the week, and twice on Sundays, but I have things to pay for, so I'm not taking fights for fun.

"Amateur Achievements. There have been various amateur records accredited to Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali: 100-5, 118-5, 127-5, 134-7, 137-7, and 99-8 are among the claims. The record below shows the fights to be confirmed which only shows his record to be 37-8."

-boxrec

Recordkeeping is never been very precise in amateur boxing. And boxers don't tend to upload every doubt they partake in on Facebook and Instagram like the modern day, Tapout wearing MMA fighter.

If you don't think I've ever boxed, that's fine. Why believe me? Why believe anything? Why believe that I tend bar or that I live in St. Louis? Why should I believe anything you say? Why should anybody believe anything anybody on here says?

One thing you can believe is that you could not outwrestle me. You could not do anything to me.

I would embarrass you, boy. I easily beat a guy that fought in Bellator. That's right, a pro MMA fighter. Not a guy who beat one guy that fought one time in MMA. Not some fat dipchit who quit everything he ever did in life.

Remember that time you said you'd beat me in basketball too? LOL.. you would get your shot blocked off your face literally every time you tried to shoot.

I just saw him crying about IDYB riding his bike and posting about it, and I thought it was a bit of a stretch for him to act like he's some sort of athlete, or has the ability to talk down to anybody else. Then he took offense to yet another person calling him out on it. Then he does this thing where he acts like he's the best at everything, and I'm about tired of that nonsense too.

He is a lifelong quitter. It's not that he's simply not using all these amazing talents he has, it's that they don't exist. And I, like many others, get a little tired of the act.

• Like 1

I just saw him crying about IDYB riding his bike and posting about it, and I thought it was a bit of a stretch for him to act like he's some sort of athlete, or has the ability to talk down to anybody else. Then he took offense to yet another person calling him out on it. Then he does this thing where he acts like he's the best at everything, and I'm about tired of that nonsense too.

He is a lifelong quitter. It's not that he's simply not using all these amazing talents he has, it's that they don't exist. And I, like many others, get a little tired of the act.

Don't you hate people who talk about how tough they are on the internet?

• Like 1

Don't you hate people who talk about how tough they are on the internet?

If you bring it up, that's on you. I think most of us have been on the receiving end of veiled threats made by Megasoup. Including myself.

So if he chimes in with the usual tough guy routine, yes, go ahead and put him in place.

I hit like a truck AND a kitten. 

Trucks don't tend to land without throwing some kittens first lol

Kitty cat..kitty cat..BOOM!

• Like 1

Lol. While the great fitness thread beef of 2018 rumbled on, some of us were running 54 miles in the blazing heat!

Was another 'baby- sitting' run so nothing spectacular but very satisfying to get one mate over the line in a pb for him and another mate completed his first ever ultra at the ripe old age of 54.

Stunning sunset as well. Lovely way to spend a Saturday.

• Like 4

Lol. While the great fitness thread beef of 2018 rumbled on, some of us were running 54 miles in the blazing heat!

Was another 'baby- sitting' run so nothing spectacular but very satisfying to get one mate over the line in a pb for him and another mate completed his first ever ultra at the ripe old age of 54.

Why 54 miles?

Why 54 miles?

That's how far it is from Arundel to Winchester. It's called race to the king. Whilst 100k or 50/100 miles are kind of the classic length for ultras you also get ultras of all kinds of weird distances.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 1

^^ Right. Back to what this thread is about. Getting fit & leaving the rest of these cans in the dust so they can get motivated to stop arguing on the internez so much, have a better quality of life, feel great & go out and be some fkn body  :P Props on the run Bubba. You inspire me daily with your feats of endurance. 

Lost night I did five three minute rds of MuayThai to authentic MuayThai music. 

Started doing the movements super slow and mechanical 3x then twice almost full clip rinse repeat. Emphasis on playing around with different entries and changing the timing i.e. slowing or speeding up flowing & trying to minimize transitions but when i went close to full clip there was no beat in between at all just a quick smooth touch flow and the last strike was very hard. 

First two rounds was just movement and a stiff jab or a probing Thai touch style jab with light low kicks or a rear knee to follow. Slow pace and nothing thrown hard just working on mechanics and warming-up.

3rd & forth rds were the combinations below then 5th rd was freestyle playing around but i mostly working on throwing some a Jab>Cro Cop high kick & Hoost lead long hook touch hook to a hard low kick. 

Combinations were as follows and kicks were all rear roundhouse. 

1. Jab>Low Kick

2. Jab>Cross>Low Kick

3. Jab>Cross>Lead hook>Lowkick

4. Cross>Lead Hook>Knee

5. Cross>Lead Hook>Rear Elbow>Rear Knee

6. Cross>Lead Hook>Rear Elbow>Lowkick

My guest mattress took an @ss kicking. I'm ready to do seminars cuz my bang MuayThai is getting great again and my beach body is almost ready so hide yo wife lol. 

#FeelinLikeASuperHero

42982685371_ce78b61fda_b.jpg

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 3

I assure you, everybody here can do all of that. You did nothing amazing whatsoever.

aint that his lifes story right there?

• Like 1

gratz

hows the feet holding up?

• Like 1

I tried to write some long-winded post yesterday in this thread, but right as I got to finishing it up, my phone died and it erased everything.

I'm just going to do the TLDR version.

I've taken a very well-rounded approach so far this year and I've seen some fantastic, well rounded results. But I am going to change it up for a few weeks, and I'm already a few days into this.

I'm dropping the variety and the lengthy workouts, but I'm not going to take any rest days. I'm only going to do push-ups and high rep dumbell squats and then the next day do pull-ups and high dumbbell deadlifts, I just alternate those workouts with no off-days.

I'll do a little jujitsu, I'll go on the occasional run, I might do some grip work or forearm work or abs, but just sort of as I feel like it. A separate work out if I have a little extra free time.

Finna do some yoga. Been a while & i need to start getting back into that to stay loose. 

That Firas podcast on JRE was amazing btw. Would recommend even if you're not into philosophy the first half is great info to anyone into fitness. 

• Like 3

I kinda think that there are about 10 people left on the forum who post at all so the more interaction the better? Then again I'm also from the "take what you like and leave the rest" school of thought. If someone wants to share that they rode their bike great distances (which IS physical fitness last I checked) then hey, they aren't hurting anyone. If it is offensive to your sensibilities maybe just scroll on by? Solid option.

• Like 5

I'm down 15 lbs now to 184 lbs, looking and feeling good. I'm back to walking semi-regularly and I added plank exercises 3 times a week. 

• Like 2

I kinda think that there are about 10 people left on the forum who post at all so the more interaction the better? Then again I'm also from the "take what you like and leave the rest" school of thought. If someone wants to share that they rode their bike great distances (which IS physical fitness last I checked) then hey, they aren't hurting anyone. If it is offensive to your sensibilities maybe just scroll on by? Solid option.

How is your back doing? U still doing physio? U scheduled for surgery? Any improvement or you just managing. 

I'm down 15 lbs now to 184 lbs, looking and feeling good. I'm back to walking semi-regularly and I added plank exercises 3 times a week. 

Congrats. Are you still doing Keto?

I kinda fell on and off then back on again. My body craves sugar too much. Intermittent fasting probably didn't help with that. May need to skip that till i get more used to it and can break the keto flu. I'm not a morning eater though. I almost always skip breakfast. 

• Like 2

How is your back doing? U still doing physio? U scheduled for surgery? Any improvement or you just managing. 

Congrats. Are you still doing Keto?

I kinda fell on and off then back on again. My body craves sugar too much. Intermittent fasting probably didn't help with that. May need to skip that till i get more used to it and can break the keto flu. I'm not a morning eater though. I almost always skip breakfast. 

Thanks. Yes I am, close to 3 weeks now.

I always thought I was a sugar junkie, but it turns out I'm more of a starch junkie. So, my real struggle is avoiding rice and pasta. I've tried no carb pasta, which is really ****ing disgusting. It comes in a package wet and smells like formaldehyde. 

When I do have the sugar cravings, I use a substitute called erythritol. It's the best sugar substitute that I've used so far, taste wise. Sometimes I mix that with natural peanut, or almond butter and some cocoa. It tastes great. There are some pretty good keto sweets recipes, like keto fat bombs. 

• Like 1

Thanks. Yes I am, close to 3 weeks now.

I always thought I was a sugar junkie, but it turns out I'm more of a starch junkie. So, my real struggle is avoiding rice and pasta. I've tried no carb pasta, which is really **** disgusting. It comes in a package wet and smells like formaldehyde. 

When I do have the sugar cravings, I use a substitute called erythritol. It's the best sugar substitute that I've used so far, taste wise. Sometimes I mix that with natural peanut, or almond butter and some cocoa. It tastes great. There are some pretty good keto sweets recipes, like keto fat bombs. 

you should try stevia

• Like 2

you should try stevia

That's what i use for sweetener but i do like a soft drink every now or ice cream or a chocolate chip cookie or something like that. 

Rice & Pasta's i never had an issue with. I do love potatoes though. home fries/tots with a burger, mashed potatoes with a steak, tater salad with BBQ or a pork roast YUM! but i mostly try to stay away from them and eat sweet potatoes with a nice steak instead. The steak i prefer is......

RIBEYE!  :ph34r:.....RIBEYE i tell you. Take that Bubba!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 2

Oh i joggded today. My usual 5 mile walk, then 3 mile jog at the track instead of 5. Finished up with some hill work 5 mile walk back then some mobility stretching. Not a fan of static stretching. More concerned with my joints/ligaments than i am muscle fiber. 

Did some Yoga last night tew for about 25-30 min. I suck at Yoga but it's fun & challenging. Again not a big fan of static poses. I like to flow and treat my asanas more like joint mobility where i'm flowing/breathing and making fluid transitions rather than holding poses for long periods of time. 

• Like 2

you should try stevia

That was the first one that I tried, I don't like the aftertaste. 

The one I listed (the brand name is Swerve), also has an aftertaste, but I like it more, or I dislike it less rather. My favorite sweeteners are brown sugar and maple syrup, but those are off the table for at least another two weeks. 

• Like 1

I'm bad with potatoes too, I've been craving poutine lately!

Last night I made zucchini "taco shells", which came out awesome. Tonight I'm making zucchini "tater tots", if I have the time when I get home. 

Smh, not sure i can handle the steak-related passive aggressiveness in this thread!

#Rump4life

@Chons/Stomp, have you come across Xylitol?  I find it a lot more sugar-like than Stevia, and it has similarly beneficial lower GI.

• Like 1

Smh, not sure i can handle the steak-related passive aggressiveness in this thread!

#Rump4life

@Chons/Stomp, have you come across Xylitol?  I find it a lot more sugar-like than Stevia, and it has similarly beneficial lower GI.

Yes, I was torn between that and erythritol/swerve when shopping on Amazon, and it simply came down to price. I'm sure I'll give it a try sometime. I bought this stuff for making keto brownies, which came out quite yuk. 

• Like 1

Starting to find some pleasure from cycling. I guess I'll probably alternate cycling and running when I'm finally able to run again.

Tested out my foot today by running a few steps. No dice though, some mild pain still so I'll leave it for another few days or a week.

I have a foam roller that I've used kinda half heartedly in the past. Lately I have some deep muscle soreness in my thighs because of all the cycling I've been doing so had a go with the foam roller. Ended up using it all over my body for a period of about 90 minutes and I feel like a new man. Fantastic.

I highly recommend to anyone that's not tried one. Great and cheap investment.

• Like 1

This area of fitness is almost never talked about because the cultural conditioning is we are supposed to be "tough". 

I have a lot of thoughts about this i wanna share. 

Some people swear by them but foam rollers never did much for me. Feels like too much work for too little benefit for me. I think maybe my muscles/facia is are tew dense so i get very little response from it. 

I use various techniques and devices for pre-hab/therapy kinda work that literally work for me in 5-15 minutes. I don't do all of these at once but these are all things i do regularly when i'm feeling tightness or stressed. 

Exhibit A:  wooden roller for massage. Similar to this but it's not spikey. 

Thin-leg-massage-roller-Vietnamese-wood-

Exhibit B: I have a portable electric massage chair. It's not super powerful but the vibration has a soothing effect to loosen up any tightness. It has heat but i never really use that function.  

Exhibit C: Shower head concentrated on an area of tightness. Mine has a twist where i can try different pulses. That tingly sensation does wonders for me especially lumbar and tight hammies. Colder the water the better. 

Exhibit D: Self Massage. Either working with my thumbs in concentrated circles or gliding my fingers softly along the skin to stimulate. .You'd be surprised at how well the latter works. The skin is the largest organ and simply lightly touching it to get that cold tingle can stimulate sensory nerves promote circulation locally and even release certain hormones for example oxytocin.

Another massage technique i use is what i'd call vibration massage where i use my hands to shake or vibrate up/down or side/side motion of the tight area. You can even do the technique with no hands i.e. just stretch your arms out a little at your sides and shake your arms out in a slight but rapid almost twisting motion. For legs put your feet on the floor and just vibrate your legs up/down ( like a nervous person ) & side to side ( like a buttery flapping it's wings ). ROM on that is short and fairly rapid. You're just trying to vibrate relaxed in that mid range. 

You'd be surprised at how quick any deep tightness goes away. Only downside to self massage is your hands/forearms might get a little tight but you can shake them out too after you're done. 

A lot of this stuff you can even add forms of breathing/mediation/visualization too. I.e. a happy thought, an affirmation or greater goal in mind. All of that just helps make it work better. i.e. Mind/Body/Heart is a stronger effect than just Mind/body alone. All of the above helps to relieve not only physical stress but internal psychosomatic stress as well so give a try if you fancy it. None of it can hurt you, it will only help. 

• Like 1

Thanks for asking, Stomp. I'm holding on. I have deteriorated. Not gonna lie. In bed all day most days. I did go see the neurosurgeon who wondered why the heck it took so long for me to see him. I explained that first I was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis and it took a spinal tap and 6 months to rule that out. Then they thought I had thoracic outlet syndrome and I was sent to a vascular surgeon for that. Nope. Not that either. It was after an MRI to rule that out that the vascular surgeon told me I had three pinched nerves in my neck and said I need a spinal surgeon. So I have two things going on really but both are because I have a ****ed up spine. So the neurosurgeon tells me he won't touch my neck because it's too risky. If they go in there and start with the screws and drills and cages then what it does is make the two top vertebrae I have that seem to be holding up, C1 and C2, those will be made weaker as they will have to bear the brunt of the weight bearing should they fuse my other ones that are screwed being C3-C7. It's critical that those two top vertebrae are left alone because if they go then it's paralysis from the neck down. So it's best off they don't touch me there. That makes me inoperable for my neck even though I have atrophy in my left arm from nerve damage caused by an osteophyte complex at multiple levels and central and foraminal spinal stenosis. So long term pain management is the verdict there. The good news, and this is important because my mobility is zero right now, is that he will operate on the two herniations I have in my lumbar spine. I can deal with pain in my neck but my quality of life is slim to none without being able to walk, understandably. He asked me if I would try epidural steroid injections. Told him I'll try anything. So I went for one but it didn't help so now I wait for my appointment for a new updated MRI for my lumbar and then after that it's time to cut. He said two to three months tops. All in all not a magical cure for all of it but I'm excited and hopeful to get my mobility back!!!! Edited by *BEG*
  • Like 3

I just finished out a basic push-up workout. I'm chilling here, sweating hard and breathing heavy drinking a protein shake. I will need to hop on my bike in about 10 minutes to get my car and go to jujitsu. Maybe I'll do something afterwards, as well. A run or maybe something with my four arms and abs. Or maybe nothing.

Then I work the next several nights, so no jujitsu for me. But push-ups or pull-ups every goddamn day, no matter what.

Thanks for asking, Stomp. I'm holding on. I have deteriorated. Not gonna lie. In bed all day most days. I did go see the neurosurgeon who wondered why the heck it took so long for me to see him. I explained that first I was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis and it took a spinal tap and 6 months to rule that out. Then they thought I had thoracic outlet syndrome and I was sent to a vascular surgeon for that. Nope. Not that either. It was after an MRI to rule that out that the vascular surgeon told me I had three pinched nerves in my neck and said I need a spinal surgeon. So I have two things going on really but both are because I have a **** up spine. So the neurosurgeon tells me he won't touch my neck because it's too risky. If they go in there and start with the screws and drills and cages then what it does is make the two top vertebrae I have that seem to be holding up, C1 and C2, those will be made weaker as they will have to bear the brunt of the weight bearing should they fuse my other ones that are screwed being C3-C7. It's critical that those two top vertebrae are left alone because if they go then it's paralysis from the neck down. So it's best off they don't touch me there. That makes me inoperable for my neck even though I have atrophy in my left arm from nerve damage caused by an osteophyte complex at multiple levels and central and foraminal spinal stenosis. So long term pain management is the verdict there. The good news, and this is important because my mobility is zero right now, is that he will operate on the two herniations I have in my lumbar spine. I can deal with pain in my neck but my quality of life is slim to none without being able to walk, understandably. He asked me if I would try epidural steroid injections. Told him I'll try anything. So I went for one but it didn't help so now I wait for my appointment for a new updated MRI for my lumbar and then after that it's time to cut. He said two to three months tops. All in all not a magical cure for all of it but I'm excited and hopeful to get my mobility back!!!!

Wowsers.  Sorry to hear things are heading in the wrong direction at the moment BEG.  Sounds like there is a good chance of some improvement in the future though.  Hang in there, and hespect for keeping that positive attitude going.

• Like 3

Thanks for asking, Stomp. I'm holding on. I have deteriorated. Not gonna lie. In bed all day most days. I did go see the neurosurgeon who wondered why the heck it took so long for me to see him. I explained that first I was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis and it took a spinal tap and 6 months to rule that out. Then they thought I had thoracic outlet syndrome and I was sent to a vascular surgeon for that. Nope. Not that either. It was after an MRI to rule that out that the vascular surgeon told me I had three pinched nerves in my neck and said I need a spinal surgeon. So I have two things going on really but both are because I have a **** up spine. So the neurosurgeon tells me he won't touch my neck because it's too risky. If they go in there and start with the screws and drills and cages then what it does is make the two top vertebrae I have that seem to be holding up, C1 and C2, those will be made weaker as they will have to bear the brunt of the weight bearing should they fuse my other ones that are screwed being C3-C7. It's critical that those two top vertebrae are left alone because if they go then it's paralysis from the neck down. So it's best off they don't touch me there. That makes me inoperable for my neck even though I have atrophy in my left arm from nerve damage caused by an osteophyte complex at multiple levels and central and foraminal spinal stenosis. So long term pain management is the verdict there. The good news, and this is important because my mobility is zero right now, is that he will operate on the two herniations I have in my lumbar spine. I can deal with pain in my neck but my quality of life is slim to none without being able to walk, understandably. He asked me if I would try epidural steroid injections. Told him I'll try anything. So I went for one but it didn't help so now I wait for my appointment for a new updated MRI for my lumbar and then after that it's time to cut. He said two to three months tops. All in all not a magical cure for all of it but I'm excited and hopeful to get my mobility back!!!!

Well damn. I really hope everything works out for you. Hopefully tech catches up and maybe there will be treatments in the near future with stem cells etc. that may work for you. Keep your head up and believe. Your body may be a little broken right now but you're a strong, wonderful person with lots of spirit. I don't believe in prayer but i'm sending e-hugs and good vibes your way. 

• Like 3

@Chons/Stomp, have you come across Xylitol? 

Never heard of it. I like Stevia but i don't use it all that much. Mostly just for tea. I don't drink coffee most of the time and i almost never cook/bake anything with it. 

When i want my carbs/sweets i usually eat fruit instead but sometimes i just have me a coke, or a cookie or a small bowl of ice cream. < Just a few times a week and maybe a coke every other day. I don't do enough volume on those for it to be that big of a deal but when i want it i want it bad and i want the real deal not some substitute lol. 

Every once in a while i might go a little hard in the paint and have a coke everyday for like a week on top of my usual cookie or ice cream here and there. My nutritional philosophy is kinda everything in moderation including moderation. Only thing i never do is over eat. Thankfully that always made me sick to my stomach. 

• Like 1

Oh i randed today again. My usual walk 10 jog five. Was pretty hot today. I was sweating furiously enough for it to burn my eyes. I wear a wick shirt but it was drenched when i got done. 

Modest but slightly aggressive pace with less walk breaks. Did something a little different jogging in the grass on the medians on my way there where as normally i jog on the road. Makes you have to change your pace and mind your steps a little more so you get out of riddum a bit and it makes you tired faster constantly have to make direction changes and adjustments to go around roots of trees or avoid uneven ground, take longer or shorter steps. 

Normally when i run when i get to the track i change it up sometimes and i do some shuffling, skipping, walking knee raises, switchiing stance, hopping a little and other kinda agility footwork kinda stuff like imagine Dom Cruz lightTM 

does his roadwork because the randomness is actually easier on my joints/tendons/muscles than the same repetitive steps over and over. I ended up skipping that today though because the median running did that for me. 

• Like 1

Had a nice ride out this evening.

38km which is my farthest to date. Not that I really view distance to really be an accomplishment, of course it depends on the intensity. I did about an hour at vigorous and 30 mins at moderate.

It's really not even close to the amount of effort it would require for me to run for the same period of time. I can break a sweat in about 5 minutes of running even really slowly. It takes me twice that to start sweating on a bike even at high intensity.

Still though, I have that relaxed and satisfied feeling that comes after a shower or bath following a hard session.

It's pleasant.

• Like 4

Had a nice ride out this evening.

38km which is my farthest to date. Not that I really view distance to really be an accomplishment, of course it depends on the intensity. I did about an hour at vigorous and 30 mins at moderate.

It's really not even close to the amount of effort it would require for me to run for the same period of time. I can break a sweat in about 5 minutes of running even really slowly. It takes me twice that to start sweating on a bike even at high intensity.

Still though, I have that relaxed and satisfied feeling that comes after a shower or bath following a hard session.

It's pleasant.

That's exactly why I ride a bike instead of running.

• Like 2

Half way through the year already; who would have thought it?

Slight drop in June due to a bit of tapering for the ultra, but here are my June numbers and ytd numbers.

June: Distance - 150 miles (240 KM).  Elevation gain - 11,967 feet (3,650 M)

Ytd: Distance - 726 miles (1161 KM).  Elevation gain - 55,038 feet (16,775 M)

Suspect that July will be quite a bit less.  It's getting crazy hot to run, and after my marathon next week (which by the way has 4,500 feet of elevation gain!) i think i'll chill out a bit for a few weeks.

Where you at Amunera?? Has the tortoise caught the hare yet :)

• Like 3

Ran only 40k this month. 10k in each city i visited in Russia. I'll update my totals later when I'm on my pc

Heel still feeling meh, but no wonders since other than resting I haven't done chit to recover.

Will take july to recover and strength. August and September training and I will see how fast I regain condition and will plan my full marathon accordingly.

• Like 4

It's a fresh, new month. And with each month I add 1 more rep of pull ups per set, and 4 more reps of push-ups per set. This is the seventh month of the year, so now we're starting to get into respectable numbers.

So later on this afternoon (or this evening) I will open up my workout with 5 sets of 9 pull-ups. Every single rep is slow and controlled and uses the full range of motion. I put a tiny pause at the top and a tiny pause at the bottom. These are good reps. What's more, is that I find it easy. Even the final repetition of the final set is easy.

Does that mean I'm not "pushing myself?" Is this program "not working?" I don't think so. Never mind what I could do in the past or whatever videos I might've posted before of me doing a monster set of pull-ups. I haven't been that way these last couple years. I can do a lot more pull-ups now than I could have at the beginning of this year, that's all that matters right now. And my back is as broad as ever. I feel strong and when I go to jujitsu, I haven't felt anyone yet who was "stronger." Also, there is no soreness or sensitivity at my elbows or anywhere else.

Edited by ReturnoftheSoup
  • Like 1

I just cut my grass and weed eated the ditch in the back which I've been dreading for wks so i let it go a little too long. This yard is a beast in this heat. Should have done the ditch first though cause it was pure hell. Almost died threef times from heat stroke but i'm built Ford TUF. 

Yes i'm adding this as a workout because it was brutal. 

• Like 2

Ran yesterday for the first time since my Achilles injury. I felt pretty good as far as my cardio stands but noticed some dull aching from my foot after about 3.5k so stopped there. Woke up this morning to mild pain so I will rest it another week before trying again.

Still cycling, the more I do it the more I enjoy it. I'm riding a reasonably good hybrid but it's nothing like competitive standard. I might invest in an upgrade if I'm still enjoying it as much in a couple of months.

I get out each day and have a good ride usually anywhere around 30 to 60 mins and have started cycling to work too. That's only 4km each way but it's enough to raise the heart rate, it all adds up.

Feeling generally better than I have done in more than a decade.

• Like 2

yo stomp!

so on saturday my bjj gym had a 3 hour no gi seminar with DJ fooking Jackson!! (the prick who beat my mate Craig Jones)

got pulled up for a couple of demo's bc I was the only guy my size there for him to rek. tappity tap. Amazing experience to roll with a world champ even if it was just a basic demo

• Like 2

It's a fresh, new month. And with each month I add 1 more rep of pull ups per set, and 4 more reps of push-ups per set. This is the seventh month of the year, so now we're starting to get into respectable numbers.

So later on this afternoon (or this evening) I will open up my workout with 5 sets of 9 pull-ups. Every single rep is slow and controlled and uses the full range of motion. I put a tiny pause at the top and a tiny pause at the bottom. These are good reps. What's more, is that I find it easy. Even the final repetition of the final set is easy.

Does that mean I'm not "pushing myself?" Is this program "not working?" I don't think so. Never mind what I could do in the past or whatever videos I might've posted before of me doing a monster set of pull-ups. I haven't been that way these last couple years. I can do a lot more pull-ups now than I could have at the beginning of this year, that's all that matters right now. And my back is as broad as ever. I feel strong and when I go to jujitsu, I haven't felt anyone yet who was "stronger." Also, there is no soreness or sensitivity at my elbows or anywhere else.

"stronger" means literally nothing in bjj. no surprise that's your mentality though :D