Sign in to follow this  
ReturnoftheSoup

Classicboxer's 2018 Fitness and Training Goals

Lol. Given you've posted pictures of yourself do you think I didn't know? Seemed more fun to play along.

That was like 10 years ago lol. I could have blown up since then lol.

My hairline went back a little more though. So I got that going for me.

That was like 10 years ago lol. I could have blown up since then lol.

My hairline went back a little more though. So I got that going for me.

My beard is ginger...but slowly turning grey. Every new grey hair seems like a blessing.

Anyway. Good luck with your goals in 2018 you troll.

• Like 3

My beard is ginger...but slowly turning grey. Every new grey hair seems like a blessing.

Anyway. Good luck with your goals in 2018 you troll.

My only goal in 2018 is not to pass out or be a chit dad from killing myself 7 days a week for 23 of the next 24 months.

• Like 1

Hey thread cyclists. When I get back from my travels I'm after getting a bike. Just for cycling to the gym. I'm after a decent bike for cheap (ish). You guys got any suggestions of makes or models?

• Like 1

Hey thread cyclists. When I get back from my travels I'm after getting a bike. Just for cycling to the gym. I'm after a decent bike for cheap (ish). You guys got any suggestions of makes or models?

how far is the gym?

• Like 1

my bike is stationary :/ 

When I was a kid I had a bike that had shocks on the front and back. Not the most solid bike but it looked cool and my friends liked it.

Try to find one of those.

I've only owned Trek bicycles for the last 20 years, but any name brand would probably be just as good. I bought my last bike in 2015, for $650, and I have 15,000 miles in it, with no problems, except occasional flat tires.

• Like 1

get a hybrid. Trek are good. don't worry about carbon frames or wheels since it's for a warm up / down you want to be pushing a bit anyway. I have a flat bar hybrid Trek with carbon forks that I can smash for hours if I need to and it's light enough for a commute. get some gooze in your tyres to limit flats and you're set. second hand is the go imo. find one being sold for $500, offer them 350/400 and use the remainder for a service. beats being the same bike new for triple the price

Edited by OzPride
  • Like 1

get a hybrid. Trek are good. don't worry about carbon frames or wheels since it's for a warm up / down you want to be pushing a bit anyway. I have a flat bar hybrid Trek with carbon forks that I can smash for hours if I need to and it's light enough for a commute. get some gooze in your tyres to limit flats and you're set. second hand is the go imo. find one being sold for $500, offer them 350/400 and use the remainder for a service. beats being the same bike new for triple the price

Don't ride with that chit in your tires! Learn to patch your flats, and carry an extra tube.

• Like 1

Don't ride with that chit in your tires! Learn to patch your flats, and carry an extra tube.

lol I suppose you shouldn't use a gps or GoPro when you ride either? damn anti-tech dinosaur :D

why bother repairing when you can get thorn proof tubes and gooze that stops 90% of flats? time's important to people m8 :) Edited by OzPride
  • Like 1

why bother repairing when you can get thorn proof tubes and gooze that stops 90% of flats? times important to people m8 :)

Thorn proof tubes don't work, and gooze hurts your performance. I probably had around 6 flats last year, in a very rural area. Takes 10 minutes to patch the flat, 5 minutes if I change the inner tube.

Thorn proof tubes don't work, and gooze hurts your performance. I probably had around 6 flats last year, in a very rural area. Takes 10 minutes to patch the flat, 5 minutes if I change the inner tube.

I ride a fair bit, with a big group every other weekend, Lycra and all ashamedly. Have a few mates who work in bike shops as well and used to do downhill too.. pretty much everybody I know uses gooze and thornproof. but each to their own. having never ridden a penny farthing I guess you'd have more experience than me :)

norco, specialized, devinci, santa cruz, giant, trek, even some kona models are usually pretty solid.  just buy a model suited for the purpose u wanna use it for.  or u can be an idiot like me and take an extreme downhill freeriding bike on a 130 kilometer cross country trail ride like i do every summer.  really gives a legs a good stretch.

Edited by -idyb-

actually scratch that idea. get a tandem so i can ride with you so i can just sit in the back and drink beer and tell u to hurry up and go faster while you pedal and do all the work

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

I blimped back up to 180, we can't have this!

That's Christmas for you homie. I tipped the scales at 175 earlier this week...that's the heaviest I've ever been.

What's the plan?

• Like 1

That's Christmas for you homie. I tipped the scales at 175 earlier this week...that's the heaviest I've ever been.

What's the plan?

I've been eating too much crap and too late, plus I've had a never-ending cold that keeps me away from the long walks, winter doesn't help either. I was eating sweets again on a far too often basis, now I'm back to non-sweetened yogurt and fruit. Tonight I made fried rice, with cauliflower instead of rice. 

• Like 1

I can partially blame my lack of cannabis intake for the weight gain. :P I hardly smoke at all now and when I do, I get the munchies, BAD, and gorge. 

• Like 2

I've gotten down to 185 a couple times before as an adult. It looks like I'm I cancer patient who does a lot of cardio.

What are your training goals this year mate?

I can partially blame my lack of cannabis intake for the weight gain. :P I hardly smoke at all now and when I do, I get the munchies, BAD, and gorge. 

I think I've lost the taste for it again myself.  

What are your training goals this year mate?

my guess would be to be able to run through 3 counties until he can no longer hear the sirens or see the lights flashing behind him

• Like 1

I think I'm going to update all the jazz tonight.

Good man!

So far in 2018 I've trained every single day. This thread is part of the motivation.

• Like 4

I think I'm going to update all the jazz tonight.

I have no idea what this means but I liked it anyway. Just trying to be nice in the new year.

Good man!

So far in 2018 I've trained every single day. This thread is part of the motivation.

So have i. I've been getting up at 5 am to go run then in the evening i lift weights, do some resistance bands and stability ball stuff or do yoga or just jam out to music and dance to mix it up. 

Goals? Who needs them when you just do it. I have general goals but if i try write too hard trying to analyze/organize everything with attention to detail it can be a pain and i find it's kind of a waste of time.

Would rather just do than think or talk much. < That's sort of my mantra for this yr. I've already changed a lot of things in my life not just fitness. 

• Like 2

Finished my first week. 56 km of running in the bag.

Congrats.  That's probably double the amount of running I've done in the last 20 years combined.  

• Like 2

Congrats.  That's probably double the amount of running I've done in the last 20 years combined.  

hahaha I started running last year in May so if you are interested that is something you could totally do in less than a year :)

• Like 1

hahaha I started running last year in May so if you are interested that is something you could totally do in less than a year :)

My knees have always been what holds me back from running.  Even before I put on some chub they would give me fits.  One of the biggest reasons why I didn't join the military back in '03.  Was trying to get prepped for basic and my knees were like 'nope'.  

I'd like to get a bike to ride around but out here in the sticks there's a high likelihood I'll get flattened by some redneck in his pick-em-up truck.  

My knees have always been what holds me back from running. Even before I put on some chub they would give me fits. One of the biggest reasons why I didn't join the military back in '03. Was trying to get prepped for basic and my knees were like 'nope'.

I'd like to get a bike to ride around but out here in the sticks there's a high likelihood I'll get flattened by some redneck in his pick-em-up truck.

Maybe you should look into barefoot running? Much lower impact on the knees.

Hey amunera, you've run more than me this week. Keep it up!!

• Like 2

I was precisely going to say that you should have a talk with bubba about barefoot running hahahaha

Although I do not do it anymore, it gave me great insight into running technique, and my knees were always dodgy, I grew up really really fast and then I abused my knees during my volleyball years, and now I run pain free :)

• Like 2

I went on a run, cleared my head. I have a couple job interviews tomorrow, and another one Wednesday. I thought about my life. Then as I was walking around my room, showering up and selecting my clothes, I thought about the anger and vitriol directed my way today. What's the point of me being here? There isn't any.

I'm leaving this forum, so I'm leaving this thread up to you guys. I may check into this thread from time to time. Or I might not. Good luck on your goals.

• Like 2

I went on a run, cleared my head. I have a couple job interviews tomorrow, and another one Wednesday. I thought about my life. Then as I was walking around my room, showering up and selecting my clothes, I thought about the anger and vitriol directed my way today. What's the point of me being here? There isn't any.

I'm leaving this forum, so I'm leaving this thread up to you guys. I may check into this thread from time to time. Or I might not. Good luck on your goals.

All the best soup. I'm surprised you've stuck it out this long to be honest. Take care and good luck.

• Like 1

Hope you find some peace dude. Good luck :).

I knew you wouldn't follow through on this thread. However, the chit directed at you isn't anything new, surprised it even bothers you anymore.

Went on a run and decided to leave the forum? Either one or two things happened or didn't happen

1. You ran too long

2. Didn't run long enough

Joking aside, good luck. I'm probably one of the few forum members you've never had a dispute with, so best of luck m9.

My diet has been lot better this past week. Just went to the store and restocked. I think about how stagnant and unproductive my 2017 was and don't want my 2018 to be like that

I just need to track my calories, stay clear from alcohol or just really limit my monthly intake of it, and exercise moderately throughout the week which mostly comes from walking a lot the four days i have at work.

17 pounds lost from Nov 1st-end of 2017.

Figure if I can at least do 5 pounds a month I can be in good shape by end of the year

• Like 1

Maybe you should threaten some more people. Seems to really win them over.

I'm managing to do pretty well out here in the Philippines (which is cool by the way). All my workouts are confined to hostel/hotel rooms but doing okay.

Anyone got any decent press up routines? I have several but like keeping it fresh.

• Like 1

I'm managing to do pretty well out here in the Philippines (which is cool by the way). All my workouts are confined to hostel/hotel rooms but doing okay.

Anyone got any decent press up routines? I have several but like keeping it fresh.

I like to do press-ups to failure over a tank of piranhas.

Or alternatively, super-set them with inverted rows underneath a table. Do a pyramid set or something. That's always fun.

• Like 1

I am so in this year.

Last year I was in but not so in, I failed miserably. I was a booze hound and now I'm probably in the worst shape of my life (pushing 90kgs standing at 5'11). I have been to the gym twice in the last few days and my pecs/shoulders/arms feel savage which is always good. Legs is tonight, that's gonna suck.

Goals this year:

- Weigh in at 78-80kg - Cut down that mid section fat and build lean muscle.

- Have a visible 6 pack by the end of the year because I'm vain. 

- Make gains on my scrawny calves (I have a thing for muscular calves, similarly to Johnny Drama)

If I think of more that I want to achieve I will post em later.

• Like 1

I am so in this year.

Last year I was in but not so in, I failed miserably. I was a booze hound and now I'm probably in the worst shape of my life (pushing 90kgs standing at 5'11). I have been to the gym twice in the last few days and my pecs/shoulders/arms feel savage which is always good. Legs is tonight, that's gonna suck.

Goals this year:

- Weigh in at 78-80kg - Cut down that mid section fat and build lean muscle.

- Have a visible 6 pack by the end of the year because I'm vain.

- Make gains on my scrawny calves (I have a thing for muscular calves, similarly to Johnny Drama)

If I think of more that I want to achieve I will post em later.

Good to have you on board homie!

• Like 1