922 replies to this topic

#751 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,664 posts
  • LocationChamp Champs home state

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

So lifting heavy does not equal strength it turns out - for me at least.

About 18 months I was at my peak lifting. 90kg bench, 220kg dl, 190kg squats, 150 inverted row, 85kg military press. I had added a fair bit of bulk and felt strong af.

I was running my business from the office and doing a fair bit of freelance stuff on the side.

Since then my work has become much more hands on and physical. Now I don't have time to get to a gym other than for bjj twice a week and kb every second week. I've just crunched the numbers and I'm shifting over 12 TONNES of produce 5 days a week, and half that on saturdays on and off a truck by hand. I do 300 milk crates and 120 kegs on and off by hand every morning, often off one truck, onto the ground and back on another, then rolling them in and out of venues. I normally just manage our contracts from the office but a couple of drivers are off injured so I'm running a few by myself in person and it's awesome.

I've dropped down to 87kg now and am lean and mean. I probably can't squat 200kg's but am moving 70kg kegs around like they're carry on suitcases. Don't think I'll ever work in an office again!

Carpel tunnel did slaughter me for the first month or so but that went away without surgery thank fook!!!

Farmer strength bro. It's the way to go for us mere mortals. 

My body can't really handle heavy lifting anymore for long periods plus i was never that genetically gifted with that anyway and i was always more focused on being more all around athlete. Plus when i bulk up i gain fat which is unacceptable to me and if i go tew spartan on my diet while i will look great i will start feeling like chit and break down a little over time. 

I've found that while i may not get the same gainz look wise with heavy lifting but i can get similar results strength wise with high volume or high intensity with moderate weight and good form and it doesn't tax my nervous system, joints & ligaments nearly as much. 

I'd probably have to get on the Mexican supplements if wanted to be mini-hulk superman because i'm definitely not invincible healing wolverine anymore lol. 

• OzStraya and Eclipse76 like this

e323249005db0bcda6fa34bce037f98e.jpg

#752 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,664 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:31 PM

Just got back from the track. My usual

Fast & work by day, run/music in afternoon, fora, JRE, lift & fap @ night, all day. 

#753 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 5,216 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

3k run yesterday with the wife. Slow and steady starting her c25k. Sedentary to 5k in 8 weeks. 90 second walk and 60 second run intervals for week 1.

Followed that with a 5k run on my own which felt better than the previous two runs.

Did 5k today and my pace was back, all of a sudden i felt like id not been away, feeling good and getting close to PB kind of times. Only towards the end my Achilles was burning, very disappointing. I need more rest. I'll probably have a steady couple of months supporting my wife in her c25k and doing some cycling. Don't want to risk surgery or worse.

Edited by Denizen, 10 July 2018 - 07:34 PM.

Fight Club Prediction Championship: Grand Prix Winner and Final Champion (10-3)

UFC Prediction Grand Prix: Winner

UFC Survivor Series Tournament: Series Seven Winner

#754 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 14,399 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:43 AM

after a 2 and a half week grind i finally get a day off and not a better way to spend it than to get another good ride in. got my chit all packed and im pretty much ready to go, my buddys comin to pick me and my chit up in a couple hours. ill see if i can get him to dump me off a little farther out this time around so i can get a bit of a longer ride in.

gonna be nothing but sunshine today throughout the valley. and it was raining up there for the last few days so it should make for some better trail conditions even though a good amount of it is still  probably gonna be all washed out rocky and sandy anyways. whatever i guess it makes it more of a challenge and helps toughen up the thighs

yeah looking forward to it spending the whole day riding and just doing my thing. by the looks of all the weather forecasts in the region at least i shouldnt have to worry about getting caught up in a storm this time around. that was kind of a terrifying ordeal for me last month being up so high with lightning and explosive thunder all around and getting completely soaked along with all my belongings while the trail quickly turned more into a river than anything. i really dont care to have to suffer through that again, but today is calling for nothing but clear skies and sunshine so hell yeah im pretty stoked to be able to get back out there again.

Edited by -idyb-, 11 July 2018 - 12:46 AM.

• Eclipse76, Bubba_Sparks and Denizen like this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#755 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 5,216 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:56 AM

after a 2 and a half week grind i finally get a day off and not a better way to spend it than to get another good ride in. got my chit all packed and im pretty much ready to go, my buddys comin to pick me and my chit up in a couple hours. ill see if i can get him to dump me off a little farther out this time around so i can get a bit of a longer ride in.

gonna be nothing but sunshine today throughout the valley. and it was raining up there for the last few days so it should make for some better trail conditions even though a good amount of it is still  probably gonna be all washed out rocky and sandy anyways. whatever i guess it makes it more of a challenge and helps toughen up the thighs

yeah looking forward to it spending the whole day riding and just doing my thing. by the looks of all the weather forecasts in the region at least i shouldnt have to worry about getting caught up in a storm this time around. that was kind of a terrifying ordeal for me last month being up so high with lightning and explosive thunder all around and getting completely soaked along with all my belongings while the trail quickly turned more into a river than anything. i really dont care to have to suffer through that again, but today is calling for nothing but clear skies and sunshine so hell yeah im pretty stoked to be able to get back out there again.

Sounds like a great way to unwind from the stress of the daily grind and reset yourself.

Have a great day out there.
  • Bubba_Sparks likes this

#756 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 28,016 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:59 AM

IDYB get a gopro for that chit m8!
  • Eclipse76 and -idyb- like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#757 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

I hopped on the scale today at the gym and I weighed 218. I feel terrific and I look like an athlete again.
  • Denizen likes this

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

#758 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,399 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:13 AM

IDYB get a gopro for that chit m8!

lol i got a gopro camera a few years ago as a gift and then i sent it to my sister for christmas right afterwards. kind of regretting it after i figured out what those things actally were and i gave it away when  i would love to have one for myself. but if i was to ever mount a camera on a ride it would have to be a fast downhill run with lots of drop offs no doubt

anyways it was a good ride. well for me not so much for my buddy who drove me out there while chowing down on  his overcooked $500ish Egg McMuffin from McDonalds. but thats a different story ill have to tell tomorrow im gonna try to eat something and get a couple hours of shut eye while i can 

Edited by -idyb-, 12 July 2018 - 02:19 AM.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#759 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,783 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:52 AM

I hopped on the scale today at the gym and I weighed 218. I feel terrific and I look like an athlete again.

Sure, but do you have the stamina to ride a bike 100 kilometers back and forth to work, all while drinking a 12 pack? Because I don't think you do.
  • juice64011 likes this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#760 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:11 AM

Sure, but do you have the stamina to ride a bike 100 kilometers back and forth to work, all while drinking a 12 pack? Because I don't think you do.

Are you seriously asking a guy who rides a bike all the time if he can ride a bike?
  • Denizen likes this

conair.gif?w=780

#761 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,783 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:53 PM

Are you seriously asking a guy who rides a bike all the time if he can ride a bike?

I doubt you can. I bet you'd fall off after two beers.

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png

amazin

#762 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,664 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:01 PM

This song kills with headphones on. 

I ran 7 miles today in the deathly heat with that and a few other vs. songs. Had to stop myself from not dancing when that came on. 

I may have smoked a little pot b4 i went. Not a PED my @ss lol. 

Edited by StompGrind, 12 July 2018 - 02:02 PM.

#763 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,399 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:32 PM

so yesterday before we went up the mountains we stopped at mcdonalds so my buddy could get some breakfast and he ended up getting the genius idea of reversing the truck in the drive thru. the first window where ur supposed to pay wasnt even open but he thought he missed it so he backs up. and between the time we got in there and put in the order and the time we backed up, some tiny new volkswagen pulled in behind us. couldnt even see it didnt know it was there, anyways the trailer hitch of my friends truck ended up denting up this dudes grill real nice. fiigures its gonna be around $500 to replace.  and thats if the guy just gets an estimate and the two of them settle it out cash money rather than going through insurance

so yeah he was choked about that. the moment we got outta city limits he starts diving into the wine and we just start pounding a couple bottles. chit before i even got out of the truck to unload the bike and even crack open my first beer i already had a wicked buzz on lol. what should have been a 2 hour drive at most ended up being a 5 and a half hour excursion cause we just kept stopping all the time to drink and stuff. he ended up getting the day off so he kinda wanted to hang out. by the time we got out there i had already lost like 3 or 4 hours and i was kind of drunk. i tried to make back some time on the bike but i couldnt. the ride was mostly sandy and rocky and brutal for alot of it. took me forever and a day to get back.

and if thats not enough he calls me up  again today and tells me hes pissed. anyways after he dropped me off on the way back he ended up smashing his windshield out. apparently he drove a little too fast into  an overhanging tree branch or something. he was probably drunk by then, if not im sure he was afterwards! but nonetheless it cost him $350 to replace  the windshield

so yeah between the $350 windshield, the cost of whatever its gonna be to replace this plastic grill,  and the $60 of gas it took to get me up there, i'd say it was an expensive trip to get me out there. i dont think he's gonna want to do that again. i know other people who can help me out though if need be,

Edited by -idyb-, 12 July 2018 - 02:41 PM.

• StompGrind likes this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#764 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 28,016 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:24 AM

lolololol excellent. i hope you drank his beer too

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#765 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 28,016 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:26 AM

im applying for thr fire service in 12 months, officially! Im already a volunteer firefighter with the country fire service and an emergency services search and rescue too, its the next logical step!

need to get to 9.6 on the beep test then tread water for 5mins with 10kgs of wet clothes on just to pass the first physical. fml life i swim like a roided black guy
  • StompGrind, Bubba_Sparks and -idyb- like this

v4MjFdj.png

#766 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,399 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:55 AM

im applying for thr fire service in 12 months, officially! Im already a volunteer firefighter with the country fire service and an emergency services search and rescue too, its the next logical step!

need to get to 9.6 on the beep test then tread water for 5mins with 10kgs of wet clothes on just to pass the first physical. fml life i swim like a roided black guy

do u get to haul like bodies around in training or is it just dummys?

lolololol excellent. i hope you drank his beer too

he didnt bring any beers this time, just 4 bottles of this white wine. we were pounding a few of them back on the way up. i had a wicked buzz on before i even got out of the truck lol. and i dont really even care much for drinking wine myself. usually it always gives me headaches and wicked hangovers, but usually the only time i ever drink it is when im already drunk and feel like drinking more but have nothing else left to drink

Edited by -idyb-, 13 July 2018 - 01:44 PM.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#767 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,664 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:12 AM

I'm not the best treader either. I don't float much at all. I can swim fairly good though but i will sink & get tired if i try to stay in one place. 

#768 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 5,216 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

Edited by Denizen, 13 July 2018 - 03:29 PM.

#769 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

Dude, you disrespected everyone that regularly posts here, but now you want to post?

conair.gif?w=780

#770 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:19 PM

Of course I've been at it every day, but today is special because I am at a park right now that has parallel bars. I've knocked out a few sets of push-ups already, and now I'm just gonna do a ton of dips.

I just finished my second set. I looked this exercise up on the Internet first because I'm aware there are different versions of them that tackle different muscle groups. And although I've done 1 million dips in the past, I have never bothered to research the "correct" way to do it. It seem fairly obvious. But apparently this whole time I have been doing the variation that puts more focus on the triceps.

Fifth set. But I've been noticing the difference with every rep. I'm not going to lie, I would love to just drop push-ups altogether in favor of these.

conair.gif?w=780

#771 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:27 PM

And now I'm walking home from the park. I'm about eight or nine blocks away, and I don't want my muscles to cool down in the meanwhile, because I plan on doing some dumbbell presses when I get there. So I have a timer going off every three minutes so that I can knock out some push-ups with my feet elevated on the wherever the nearest bench is at the time.

The second bench I went to had a homeless person sleeping on it. So I crossed the street and found another bench and started pushing.

Edited by ReturnoftheSoup, 15 July 2018 - 07:30 PM.

• Denizen likes this

conair.gif?w=780

#772 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 5,216 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

And now I'm walking home from the park. I'm about eight or nine blocks away, and I don't want my muscles to cool down in the meanwhile, because I plan on doing some dumbbell presses when I get there. So I have a timer going off every three minutes so that I can knock out some push-ups with my feet elevated on the wherever the nearest bench is at the time.
The second bench I went to had a homeless person sleeping on it. So I crossed the street and found another bench and started pushing.

That's serious commitment mate, in fact I'd say you've gone beyond the realms of commitment and are somewhere down the path of obsession.

Good going though.

Edited by Denizen, 16 July 2018 - 12:32 AM.

• ReturnoftheSoup likes this

#773 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:19 AM

That's serious commitment mate, in fact I'd say you've gone beyond the realms of commitment and are somewhere down the path of obsession.

Good going though.

Ah, it's not that big of a deal. I really need to push harder, actually. In both exercise and in life.

conair.gif?w=780

#774 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 28,016 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:24 PM

Dude, you disrespected everyone that regularly posts here, but now you want to post?

LMAO. WOW.

are you, of all fking people here trying to sensor someone? you??? with all the nonsense you dribble? wow. it's antimatter calling something else black

v4MjFdj.png

#775 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 28,016 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

Soup "guise i just did four more pushups. just thought I'd report in"

v4MjFdj.png

#776 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 28,016 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:26 PM

Ah, it's not that big of a deal. I really need to push harder, actually. In both exercise and in life.

push harder when you contemplate ending it all. do the universe a favour
  • cashfl0w likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#777 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 28,016 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:37 PM

PS queef thx bub
Ive disrespected you, and Ive fired some cheap shots at Denison, that's it. Just because you flame this thread every time you do a pushup and therefor contribute the most rubbish posts - that doesn't actually translate into that you are actually representative of "everyone in this thread" - i get that you dance all the way up the spectrum so basic social understandings are difficult to grasp, hopefully that clears it up a bit.

Please don't respond with a wall of text btw, I 100% will not read it, and whoever does will lose valuable oxygen and heartbeats doing so. You've stolen enough oxygen contributing exactly zero to this world, don't go out of your way to take any more than you need to get by. :)

Edited by Ozpride, 16 July 2018 - 01:17 PM.

• -idyb- likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#778 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,694 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

Someone's ocd is going to get pushed to the limits by a fourth consecutive post being labelled 'threef'.

The correct term is queef oz. Queef.
  • OzStraya, amunera and Denizen like this

#779 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,399 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:11 PM

dammit bubba you broke his epic soup stomping combo

hey if threef is three, queef is four,   what is the word for 5 posts in a row?  has anybody dared to even attempt such a despicable feat yet?

Edited by -idyb-, 16 July 2018 - 01:11 PM.

• OzStraya likes this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#780 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 28,016 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

dammit bubba you broke his epic soup stomping combo

hey if threef is three, queef is four, what is the word for 5 posts in a row? has anybody dared to even attempt such a despicable feat yet?

feef?

v4MjFdj.png

#781 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,399 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:26 PM

that works i  guess, but has the phrase been made bubba sparks officialized? 

and whats six and seven in a row? thats even more confusing.  but i guess when u make it that far deep into it, thats probably when u get bant for spam.

• OzStraya and Bubba_Sparks like this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#782 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,694 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

that works i guess, but has the phrase been made bubba sparks officialized?

and whats six and seven in a row? thats even more confusing. but i guess when u make it that far deep into it, thats probably when u get bant for spam.

Actually, Nyte is the final authority on such matters.
  • OzStraya likes this

#783 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,783 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

PS queef thx bub
Ive disrespected you, and Ive fired some cheap shots at Denison, that's it. Just because you flame this thread every time you do a pushup and therefor contribute the most rubbish posts - that doesn't actually translate into that you are actually representative of "everyone in this thread" - i get that you dance all the way up the spectrum so basic social understandings are difficult to grasp, hopefully that clears it up a bit.

Please don't respond with a wall of text btw, I 100% will not read it, and whoever does will lose valuable oxygen and heartbeats doing so. You've stolen enough oxygen contributing exactly zero to this world, don't go out of your way to take any more than you need to get by. :)

Damn, Soup owned you.

amazin

#784 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 28,016 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:00 PM

Damn, Soup owned you.

que?

v4MjFdj.png

#785 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 5,216 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:07 AM

It's kinda hard not to run. It really is the most satisfying way of spending my time that I've found in years.

Still, taking it easy and semi-running by helping my wife through her couch to 5k journey has it's rewarding moments too.

Week 2 run 2 will happen tonight. 90 second run intervals followed by 120 second walk intervals. She will struggle but she will complete it because she has me there to motivate and encourage her and more importantly because she has seen what running has given to me.

It is a gift and a blessing to have a positive influence over the people you love.
  • OzStraya, ReturnoftheSoup, Bubba_Sparks and 2 others like this

#786 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:26 PM

Anyway…

Last week on each night that I would have normally tackled pull-ups, I subbed them out for bent-over rows. Just giving those tendons and the elbow a little break. It's good to mix things up anyway. I was able to sneak in some jujitsu as well. I meant to run, but I didn't. I haven't been running that much lately, one or two times a week.

Today I went ahead and did those push-ups that my Aussie friend seems to dismiss ( he probably can't do very many.). Yep, I knocked out a bunch of those and then finished up my work out with some wrist roll ups. If you do then the one direction, the direction that feels more natural, you work out the big beefy part of the forearm that gets wore out from doing wrist curls. I did those yesterday.

But today I rolled up in the other direction, which tends to address the weaker part of the forearm, which happens to be the part that people tend to see more of. It's called the brachiadoralis. Probably. It's something like that. That gets worked out a lot when you do hammer curls, too. I didn't do any of those today, though.

Over the years, I worked my forearms off and on. I have some pretty decent for arms from all that work. I tend bar, which means I'm always wearing a dress shirt and rolling up my sleeves. I have that 18 1/2 inch neck and those decent forearms, I don't look weak, but people aren't trampling over themselves to get training advice from me. So wanna look a lot better. And I really want to ramp up my forearm training. I want to look like freaking Popeye.

Oh, I also went to jujitsu. I was there for two sessions.

Edited by ReturnoftheSoup, 19 July 2018 - 12:12 AM.

conair.gif?w=780

#787 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,399 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:39 AM

well one of the fires in the area could be pretty much putting an end for now to my favorite trail ride and i totally had plans to go out there on monday but its probably not going to happen now

DichWJVV4AAdZNB.jpg

taken from west kelowna looking across the lake at okanagan mountain park.   if the flames climb any higher up the mountains its going to reach the trail i bike on and eventually wreak havoc.

and it probably will. history repeats itself. the whole area got devasted before in the great fire of 2003. burned through 26 thousand hectares before they could finally get it contained.  and it looks like its about to happen again. it took years for them to rebuild all the trestle bridges to get around the canyon.  if  any of them get burned down, i would be so f*cked trying to get home lol

people in kelowna are already on evacuation alert   and even if i wanted to head out there to get one last ride in, i couldnt because the highway that goes out there from here is closed because another wildfire jumped it last night and its spreading like a mother f*cker too

theres at least 20 wildfires in my general area. 2 or 3 of them are in the immediate vicinity right along the trail i ride. another one is creeping its way towards my workplace  but they had helicopters dumping water and chit on it all day yesterday and i think its almost contained for now.

so  basically in a nutshell, im fuct for riding for now until they can get all these fires under control. i mean all i could do for riding is head south, but its really not much of a ride and not a whole lot to see. theres not a whole lot of trails that head out that direction and the one that does is pretty much flat and goes along the lakes and by the time i get any decent amount of distance in, im pretty much at the US border and have to turn back.

at least i got two good rides in through there this year but i think that just might be all she wrote for this summer. all because of a thunderstorm that came out of nowhere and blew in and then out of the valley in less than half an hour. now the whole region is burning lol and its probably gonna be dry and windy for weeks on end, maybe until the end of september if its anything like last year. we didnt get any rain or storms last summer though. we didnt have any fires in the area either but we got blanketed by all the smoke from all these other huge fires quite a ways away from us and still it was horrible.

i dont know man i guess this is the thread to put this in cause yeah i want to go biking next week but man theres fires all around all the good areas i want to ride in right now and its completely chit on all my plans.  theres another area ive been meaning to ride out to that i havent done before but now even thats off because theres another huge fire right over there too. and to be honest i dont think ill want to get out riding on monday anyways because of all the god damn smoke. its already pretty bad, and its only going to get worse as the fires grow.

Edited by -idyb-, 19 July 2018 - 01:47 AM.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#788 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,421 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

Deciding whether to register for a triathlon on august 26, I am not sure if I could make the olympic distance (1,5 swim 40k bike and 10k run), but the shorter one should be fairly doable (500m swim 20k bike and 5k run).

I am not a good swimmer so I will test my level soon and see if I register for the olympic or the shorter one, bike will be an issue as well, I do not have a bike for racing (only a hard tail MTB), worst case scenario I race in my MTB :P I am only planning on finishing, it is organized by the company I work for now and just want to take part, mainly cause I do not have to pay for the registration :P
  • Bubba_Sparks, classicboxer and Denizen like this

Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#789 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 19,357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

Deciding whether to register for a triathlon on august 26, I am not sure if I could make the olympic distance (1,5 swim 40k bike and 10k run), but the shorter one should be fairly doable (500m swim 20k bike and 5k run).

I am not a good swimmer so I will test my level soon and see if I register for the olympic or the shorter one, bike will be an issue as well, I do not have a bike for racing (only a hard tail MTB), worst case scenario I race in my MTB :P I am only planning on finishing, it is organized by the company I work for now and just want to take part, mainly cause I do not have to pay for the registration :P

I think you would regret riding such a heavyweight bike in a triathlon.

giphy.gif

#790 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,694 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:56 AM

Good man. Get stuck in!
Have you got a date for your marathon yet?

#791 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,421 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:31 AM

I think you would regret riding such a heavyweight bike in a triathlon.

most likely but it's only 20k, for 40k I would definitely not do it, it will come down to swimming, also never used clip pedals, so I will have to get used to a lot in 5 weeks :D

Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#792 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,421 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:32 AM

Good man. Get stuck in!
Have you got a date for your marathon yet?

Nop, I will look for something in December, was planning november, but my personal life has gone down the **** a bit and have had a hard time finding motivation to train or do anything, hopefully this triathlon gets me going again.

I will take part in another race for the company in september which is only 5.5k and 10k in october to make up for the cancelled race early this year.

Fav:
conair.gif?w=780

#793 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,399 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:36 PM

a big portion of my trail i ride has been closed off due to a bunch of wildfires and theres really no other practical way around it to get home. i mean i guess i could try to make my way around whatever barriers they put in place it but it probably wouldnt be smart with all the fires and stuff in the area. its only gonna grow worse its gonna be dry and windy for a while.

i guess im gonna have to find somewhere else to ride on monday. but god damn its still gonna be real smokey any where i go. i still want to get a good ride in though but man this sucks

Edited by -idyb-, 20 July 2018 - 01:37 PM.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#794 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,664 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:38 PM

Just got back from running at the track. Had an encounter there. I don't know what this things problem was but i didn't stick around to find out. 

Spoiler

• Taylor_Schonerstedt likes this

#795 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 19,357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:09 PM

a big portion of my trail i ride has been closed off due to a bunch of wildfires and theres really no other practical way around it to get home. i mean i guess i could try to make my way around whatever barriers they put in place it but it probably wouldnt be smart with all the fires and stuff in the area. its only gonna grow worse its gonna be dry and windy for a while.

i guess im gonna have to find somewhere else to ride on monday. but god damn its still gonna be real smokey any where i go. i still want to get a good ride in though but man this sucks

• juice64011 likes this

giphy.gif

#796 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,694 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:25 AM

Nop, I will look for something in December, was planning november, but my personal life has gone down the **** a bit and have had a hard time finding motivation to train or do anything, hopefully this triathlon gets me going again.

I will take part in another race for the company in september which is only 5.5k and 10k in october to make up for the cancelled race early this year.

Sorry things are not so great irl mate. Feel free to pm if you want to vent about anything.

I think summer is intrinsically tougher to train... There's just a lot more stuff going on in general.

Btw you can boot tino out of your av if you like now, although I personally think it's a good look!

#797 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,421 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:35 AM

I'm keeping Tino. No questions asked hahaha. Thanks for the offer I'll think about it, haven't really talked to anyone yet :)

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

Fav:
conair.gif?w=780

#798 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

Today I woke up three hours early so I could go to the gym. I did jujitsu drills for an hour and then I grappled live for another hour.

The thing is, the other guys at the gym are not 39-year-old bartenders. They are all young and they're mostly former wrestlers and they all have some legitimate jujitsu instruction and a hell of a lot more recent grappling experience than me. So that **** is exhausting, especially because I'm trying to win.

conair.gif?w=780

#799 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,783 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

Soup, didn't you post some chit about getting a job at a bar in the Ozarks? Are you a big duck boat guy?

amazin

#800 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:54 AM

Soup, didn't you post some chit about getting a job at a bar in the Ozarks? Are you a big duck boat guy?

I never heard back from them, I'm still at that same little hotel bar in Clayton.

conair.gif?w=780