#101 Oz'Canada

Oz'Canada

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,476 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

carpel tunnel in both hands fml

great ideas guys thx 4 the support. I might just go for a run and soup myself out of this thread :(
  • Bubba_Sparks and NoCakeForYaya like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#102 NoCakeForYaya

NoCakeForYaya
  • Free
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

great ideas guys thx 4 the support. I might just go for a run and soup myself out of this thread :(

Lol calm down Ozfeels.

conair.gif?w=780

#103 Nyte

Nyte

Nyte 3:16

• Free
  • 23,631 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:31 AM

You're gonna soup yourself...omg guys Oz is coming to America!! Hi Oz I'll be your guide
  • Oz'Canada likes this

Team Amazin' 2013-'17

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

2013 Thread of the Year Winner

#104 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,337 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:43 AM

Lol, sorry mate, missed this in all the excitement. Don't that have to operate to sort out that kind of thing?
  • Oz'Canada likes this

#105 Oz'Canada

Oz'Canada

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,476 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:05 AM

You're gonna soup yourself...omg guys Oz is coming to America!! Hi Oz I'll be your guide

if I need a guide for directions around the Amazon inland slave ship I'll ask ;)

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#106 Oz'Canada

Oz'Canada

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,476 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

Lol, sorry mate, missed this in all the excitement. Don't that have to operate to sort out that kind of thing?

that's kind of a laat resort.

side note - Bubba I had the pleasure of going to a lunch with a guest speaker, British man I'm sure you're familiar with. in fact I think He MAY have walked/ran further distances than your crazy self! Tim Jarvis ring a bell?

thinking on Bubba and Jarvis never being at the same place at the same time..

"in his sled they found a tape, they didn't say who it was to.. come to think about it, his name was.. it was you. damn"

Edited by OzPride, 10 January 2018 - 11:10 AM.

v4MjFdj.png

#107 sobercuban

sobercuban

HGIC

• Moderators
  • 61,007 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

So, do I need to turn thread control over to someone else? 

I can make this thread another user's

• cashfl0w likes this

post-406774-0-75557900-1533750560.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#108 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 14,005 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

So, do I need to turn thread control over to someone else? 

I can make this thread another user's

ill take it

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#109 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,408 posts
  • LocationChamp Champs home state

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

Been going at it with the weights. I haven't really gained much weight but i'm definitely getting stronger and more cut. 

Kinda stopped jogging as of last week. It's been way to cold.  

Next month i'm gonna focus on getting back into yoga and maybe start doing kickboxing again a few times a week. 

e323249005db0bcda6fa34bce037f98e.jpg

#110 NoCakeForYaya

NoCakeForYaya
  • Free
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

Been going at it with the weights. I haven't really gained much weight but i'm definitely getting stronger and more cut.

Kinda stopped jogging as of last week. It's been way to cold.

Next month i'm gonna focus on getting back into yoga and maybe start doing kickboxing again a few times a week.

Keep killing it bud. Type of lifting you doing? High rep? Strength training?

conair.gif?w=780

#111 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,337 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:53 AM

Found it hard to get going with the running in January because of a couple of business trips but have been smashing it at the gym. Trained last week at an old skool communist gym in Bucharest. There were a lot of big fat lads with skinny legs bench-pressing some serious weights, but then they also had this really cool frame where you could do all kind of bodyweight stuff. Really enjoyed the change of scene.
  • NoCakeForYaya and RadLad like this

#112 RadLad

RadLad
  • Free
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:12 AM

Been going to the gym consistently now, weight training has been going well but my cardio is bloody awful. I'm gonna have to incorporate more cardio and legs into my workouts unfortunately, gonna be a world of pain but it's gotta be done. 

F**k you, GSP.

#113 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,337 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:35 AM

Been going to the gym consistently now, weight training has been going well but my cardio is bloody awful. I'm gonna have to incorporate more cardio and legs into my workouts unfortunately, gonna be a world of pain but it's gotta be done.

Long slow runs are the key mate. Intersperse it with walking at first to build up.
  • RadLad likes this

#114 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:52 AM

I also cut down in the running a bit due to business trips...last week could only run around 36k, this week looks more of the same and I have pain in my lower back probably from being on trains that much.

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#115 RadLad

RadLad
  • Free
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:35 AM

Long slow runs are the key mate. Intersperse it with walking at first to build up.

My mate who is now in decent shape after being very scrawny always just does incline walk for 30-40mins because he despises any other type of cardio haha I will start with that. 

It's just sad because I used to be one of the fittest in the rugby team and on the athletics track! Damn booze and being a lazy chit got in the way of that.

F**k you, GSP.

#116 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,337 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:39 AM

I also cut down in the running a bit due to business trips...last week could only run around 36k, this week looks more of the same and I have pain in my lower back probably from being on trains that much.

Do you keep track of your mileage quite accurately?

Maybe we need to check in every month for some extra motivation....sounds like you're doing way more than me at the moment.

My mate who is now in decent shape after being very scrawny always just does incline walk for 30-40mins because he despises any other type of cardio haha I will start with that. 

It's just sad because I used to be one of the fittest in the rugby team and on the athletics track! Damn booze and being a lazy chit got in the way of that.

Lol, incline walking....just don't hold on to the sides or it may as well be flat!!

This is your year mate.  Start as you mean to go on!

• RadLad likes this

#117 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:49 AM

Do you keep track of your mileage quite accurately?

Maybe we need to check in every month for some extra motivation....sounds like you're doing way more than me at the moment.

Lol, incline walking....just don't hold on to the sides or it may as well be flat!!

This is your year mate.  Start as you mean to go on!

yup GPS watch and I have it synced with Strava so I have my log there, and follow some pro athletes for motivation, if you were on it I would follow you as well (but I know you do not like it so we can check in here weekly or monthly, as you want :) )

Edited by amunera, 17 January 2018 - 04:50 AM.

Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#118 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,337 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

yup GPS watch and I have it synced with Strava so I have my log there, and follow some pro athletes for motivation, if you were on it I would follow you as well (but I know you do not like it so we can check in here weekly or monthly, as you want :) )

Lol, it's not that I don't like strava, I'm just a bit backward and figure if my data is on garmin, why put it somewhere else!!

Cool, let's post totals each month.  If you can get within 500K of me for the year I'll be impressed ;-)

• amunera likes this

#119 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

Lol, it's not that I don't like strava, I'm just a bit backward and figure if my data is on garmin, why put it somewhere else!!

Cool, let's post totals each month.  If you can get within 500K of me for the year I'll be impressed ;-)

If you are on garmin connect I can follow you there as well, but you'll probably smash me on weekly steps, besides running and the usual walking my work forces me to be quite sedentary hahahaha

Fav:
conair.gif?w=780

#120 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

I have been running. I've been doing a lot of calisthenics, too. I also haven't been drinking (I drink a lot.)
  • classicboxer likes this

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

#121 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,408 posts
  • LocationChamp Champs home state

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Keep killing it bud. Type of lifting you doing? High rep? Strength training?

Mostly circuit/interval training routines at my house. I use 25/30 lb dumbells, a 20 lb kettlebell, a swiss ball, resistance bands, body weight exercises. 

Lots of volume with short rest periods after i complete a circuit since my weights aren't really that heavy and neither am i.  

• RadLad likes this

e323249005db0bcda6fa34bce037f98e.jpg

#122 Teemu

Teemu
  • Free
  • 8,654 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

carpel tunnel in both hands fml

I feel you man. My mother has rheumatoid arthritis and it is a terrible disorder. I'm only 30 and I'm already developing some type of arthritis not even sure as I've never had it checked out, but I find the more I use my hands/fingers doing things like typing actually really helps me compared to when I wake up in the morning or go long periods of time without using my hands then I'm ****.

( I know carpel tunnel isn't like arthritis, I'm just relating to having effed up hands...it sucks)

Edited by Teemu, 20 January 2018 - 01:14 PM.

Teemu just made Ignition grab the comb.

Teemu and I regularly play poker together, you've never had the honor of playing with the great one, now **** off you casual.

BLgAINK.png

#123 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

I just got done running, sprinting hills. I'll be 40 this year and I can't actually turn back the clock, that's crazy. And I've been in great shape numerous times, but I don't think I ever reached my potential. I don't think my potential at 39 could be the same as my potential at 27, but since I never really hit that mark anyway, I could still be in the best shape of my life at this age. Who knows? Maybe I'll get there this time. I have a long way to go, though.

Muscle memory is a reality, though. I have that going for me. I've seen it a million times before, I start working out and within just a couple weeks I look totally different. I've noticed in the past that my body will change more quickly than my actual strength, though. But I'm doing something a little different this time.

I've been making running a priority. Through my 20s and up to about age 34, I ran all the freaking time. Somewhere in there I moved into a townhouse in an area where I couldn't just go out my front door and start running. Instead, I was living off a winding road with no shoulder where rednecks would push their vehicles to their mechanical limits, hugging curbs and generally not giving a ****. And I wasn't going to hop in my car and drive somewhere so that I could run. Something about that just seems totally off to me. And while I have lived many other places were running was more conducive, they habit was broken. Running every day is a very easy habit to break. And it is also a very difficult habit to try to pick up, because it sucks.

But I'm trying to run all the time now. And I believe it's starting to become a habit.

Edited by Megasoup, 21 January 2018 - 03:07 PM.

• BEG and classicboxer like this

conair.gif?w=780

#124 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

I'm going for a run.

conair.gif?w=780

#125 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 23,631 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

I'm gonna check my weight on Saturday and again next Saturday for my January results. I just want to cut at least five pounds a month. Anything less means I'm slacking and need to improve somewhere

• Joby and ReturnoftheSoup like this

Team Amazin' 2013-'17

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#126 BEG

BEG
  • Banned
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

So today was day one of a new approach for me. Precipitated by enough muscle wasting in my left leg that it's now down to 15% capacity. Because I have little muscle, if any, above and below my knee, it is now in pain secondary to the atrophy. I have to do something to counteract this so I'm on a high protein diet and was able to go for 20 minutes on the elliptical with no resistance. That's 3.3 miles, or 5.3 kilometres. This is a huge feat for me and not a bad first day. I think I'm going to focus on the distance component rather than time spent on the machine as a measure of progress. There are times where I slow down to catch my breath and then speed up again. An interval approach. That way, regardless of how long it takes me, I'll know I'm doing more and more. Today basically felt like I went for a run. I'll build up the resistance as I go. The goal is to retain/build muscle in my legs and glutes with overall fat burning also. Tomorrow I'm going to pull out the tape measure so that I can track that way too. I don't own a scale as I don't believe in them. I have a mirror, so common sense tells me when I'm getting fat or not. Today was a good day and I feel great.
  • Joby, StompGrind, ReturnoftheSoup and 1 other like this

#127 Joby

Joby
  • Free
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

So today was day one of a new approach for me. Precipitated by enough muscle wasting in my left leg that it's now down to 15% capacity. Because I have little muscle, if any, above and below my knee, it is now in pain secondary to the atrophy. I have to do something to counteract this so I'm on a high protein diet and was able to go for 20 minutes on the elliptical with no resistance. That's 3.3 miles, or 5.3 kilometres. This is a huge feat for me and not a bad first day. I think I'm going to focus on the distance component rather than time spent on the machine as a measure of progress. There are times where I slow down to catch my breath and then speed up again. An interval approach. That way, regardless of how long it takes me, I'll know I'm doing more and more. Today basically felt like I went for a run. I'll build up the resistance as I go. The goal is to retain/build muscle in my legs and glutes with overall fat burning also. Tomorrow I'm going to pull out the tape measure so that I can track that way too. I don't own a scale as I don't believe in them. I have a mirror, so common sense tells me when I'm getting fat or not. Today was a good day and I feel great.

You could also try a triple approach for progress:  distance, time spent on the machine or resistance.  Breaks up the monotony of the same thing all the time.  And then, over time, having these goals compete against each other.

• StompGrind, ReturnoftheSoup, BEG and 1 other like this

Seen: 167, 168, 173vip, 175vip/expo, 178vip, 183vip, Fight Night 73nashville, 192vip, TUF 22 Finalevip, Fight Night 81boston, Fight Night 90vegas/vip, TUF 23 Finalevip, 200vip, 201vip, 203vip

#128 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,005 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

so you like fitness?

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#129 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 19,164 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

1. Follow Joby's advice.

2. Don't worry about the tape measure. You'll know without it.

• Joby and BEG like this

KD.gifKS.gif

#130 RadLad

RadLad
  • Free
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:32 AM

Been killin it in the gym, definitely noticing some changes already. I've made myself a good schedule which is basically HIIT lightweight training similar to what stomp said he was doing 3 times a week and then 4 times a week I'm doing heavier weight lifting for different parts of the body. Eating clean as a whistle too for the most part. Forgot how good this lifestyle feels - shame I have 3 days of wedding celebrations next week lol

• Joby and BEG like this

F**k you, GSP.

#131 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:11 AM

Been killin it in the gym, definitely noticing some changes already. I've made myself a good schedule which is basically HIIT lightweight training similar to what stomp said he was doing 3 times a week and then 4 times a week I'm doing heavier weight lifting for different parts of the body. Eating clean as a whistle too for the most part. Forgot how good this lifestyle feels - shame I have 3 days of wedding celebrations next week lol

Meh, don't drink. Eat all the delicious food, be a clever and masterful conversationalist, truly take in the moment and be a hero. You will gain the respect of anyone who matters. And you'll have a great time, trust me.

Keep in mind what my profession is. Sometimes I drink at work, sometimes I drink A LOT at work, but for the most part I have chosen to preside over wild nights at salsa clubs or burlesque clubs or blowout after-hours office parties and even some weddings while being stone-cold sober. It's fine. It's more than fine.
  • Joby, BEG and RadLad like this

conair.gif?w=780

#132 RadLad

RadLad
  • Free
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:25 AM

Meh, don't drink. Eat all the delicious food, be a clever and masterful conversationalist, truly take in the moment and be a hero. You will gain the respect of anyone who matters. And you'll have a great time, trust me.

Keep in mind what my profession is. Sometimes I drink at work, sometimes I drink A LOT at work, but for the most part I have chosen to preside over wild nights at salsa clubs or burlesque clubs or blowout after-hours office parties and even some weddings while being stone-cold sober. It's fine. It's more than fine.

Appreciate the advice but there is no way I aint gonna be drinking and that is fine by me - I've already cut down quite a bit by only drinking when there are certain events on (friends birthdays/weddings) other than that I am sober, I'd usually drink 2-3 times a week before so it's definitely an improvement. You have a point though -  I never attend these events and don't drink, nothing to do with anything other than that I love to drink and have a good time with m8s who are all drinking as well. I will most certainly be burning it all off in the gym again when I am back though.

I will eat all the delicious food and be a masterful conversationalist though don't you worry lol. 

• Joby and ReturnoftheSoup like this

F**k you, GSP.

#133 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 23,631 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:37 AM

Okay I checked my weight today and I haven't lost anything over the past week, but I know where my opportunities are at and where I fell short last week. I also did have a few drinks last week (Tuesday I think) and had some fast food, and last Saturday didn't do me any good

All is good though, just gonna make some adjustments to my diet! I'm feeling motivated, that's all that matters. I will recheck my weight again two Saturdays from now, on the 3rd, and see how this next week and a half goes.

Edited by Nyte, 25 January 2018 - 03:38 AM.

• Joby and BEG like this

Team Amazin' 2013-'17

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#134 BEG

BEG
  • Banned
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:40 AM

You could also try a triple approach for progress:  distance, time spent on the machine or resistance.  Breaks up the monotony of the same thing all the time.  And then, over time, having these goals compete against each other.

This is a great idea! Thank you. It's nice to get input because I never would have thought of that.
  • Joby likes this

#135 BEG

BEG
  • Banned
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:40 AM

so you like fitness?

Not going there... ;)

#136 BEG

BEG
  • Banned
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:47 AM

1. Follow Joby's advice.

2. Don't worry about the tape measure. You'll know without it.

Actually, I should have clarified on that one. I'm not measuring to see if I'm losing weight, but rather seeing if what I'm doing is making my left leg bigger. There are different schools of thought when it comes to muscle atrophy which is as a result of nerve damage as opposed to disuse atrophy. They are different. Apparently if the atrophy is a result of nerve damage/death, then you'll never get that back no matter what you do. I'm hoping this isn't the case. So if I can see gains, ANY measurable gains, then I'll be thrilled. I'm a girl at the end of the day, and I don't wanna be walking around with one leg visibly smaller than the other. That is only secondary of course to losing the function of my leg because it's weak. As it is, I can't bear my body weight on the left at all when isolated, such as climbing stairs. I have to grab the handrail and pull myself up. It's a crappy deal, honestly.
  • classicboxer likes this

#137 BEG

BEG
  • Banned
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:23 AM

So I grew a pair this morning and I very well may be sorry for that tomorrow. I think at one point I saw angels calling me to the light. ;)

30 minutes on the elliptical on a level 3 resistance. This brought me 4.5miles/7.24 kilometres. I did this because yesterday's workout had me BARELY sweating and I was like, Meh. Not the case today! Lol
  • Joby and classicboxer like this

#138 Nyte

Nyte

• Free
  • 23,631 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:25 AM

So I grew a pair this morning and I very well may be sorry for that tomorrow. I think at one point I saw angels calling me to the light. ;)

30 minutes on the elliptical on a level 3 resistance. This brought me 4.5miles/7.24 kilometres. I did this because yesterday's workout had me BARELY sweating and I was like, Meh. Not the case today! Lol

I've used the elliptical before. Once you up the resistance level you'll be able to get a good sweat out of it

• Joby and BEG like this

Team Amazin' 2013-'17

Founder of Threef

Resurgence of Ruffley

#139 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:37 AM

Not going there... ;)

???

sheesh it was just a question.    so you dont like fitness?

• BEG likes this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#140 BEG

BEG
  • Banned
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

???

sheesh it was just a question.    so you dont like fitness?

Right. 'Cause you always ask the most sincere questions. It's one of those "fittin' this *fill in the blank* in your mouth/other body part" punchlines. I've interacted with you before, remember? Lmfao
  • Joby likes this

#141 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

oh yeah i guess i already used that one eh?

• Joby and BEG like this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#142 BEG

BEG
  • Banned
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:35 AM

oh yeah i guess i already used that one eh?

No, I don't live under a rock. Lol

#143 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

No, I don't live under a rock. Lol

so...hows about fitness d**k in yo azz?

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#144 BEG

BEG
  • Banned
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:09 AM

So I'm sore from yesterday, not in enough pain that I did any damage or anything, more achey. Certainly not enough to justify not working out today. Dammit. ;)

I was up late and have a headache.....soooo I came across this on fbook and thought I'd share with y'all...I find it motivational. And with that, I'm going to drag my azz into the basement and get moving!!
IMG_3735.jpg
  • Joby and StompGrind like this

#145 BEG

BEG
  • Banned
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

Do you guys take days off or rest days? Is there any validity to that?

#146 Joby

Joby
  • Free
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Yep..at least I do. Or...at the very least...rest day is a very light cardio day. Which makes me happy.

And if you do diet...I also recommend the cheat day, if your diet is restricted.

Edited by Joby, 27 January 2018 - 02:11 PM.

• BEG likes this

Seen: 167, 168, 173vip, 175vip/expo, 178vip, 183vip, Fight Night 73nashville, 192vip, TUF 22 Finalevip, Fight Night 81boston, Fight Night 90vegas/vip, TUF 23 Finalevip, 200vip, 201vip, 203vip

#147 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

1 rest day. That day I will do only light mobility work, some foam rolling and walking :)

• Joby, Bubba_Sparks, BEG and 2 others like this

Fav:
conair.gif?w=780

#148 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,337 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Rest days are good. Even in the peak of my ultra training I'd have a day off every week. The science behind the recovery needs is fairly well evidenced. By the way BEG, given you're coming back from some serious mobility challenges, don't feel you have to 'smash it' every time. Going for longer with less intensity in some of your sessions will benefit you a lot.
  • BEG and amunera like this

#149 Joby

Joby
  • Free
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

And my cheat day is today. I haven't seen a couple of barkeeps in a while...and the weather is threatining today...what better day to cheat...all day.
  • Bubba_Sparks, BEG and amunera like this

#150 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,337 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

And my cheat day is today. I haven't seen a couple of barkeeps in a while...and the weather is threatining today...what better day to cheat...all day.

Hmm. I'm not convinced by cheat days. To me, sticking with healthy eating is a lifestyle thing and cheat days weaken the resolve. But maybe we mean different things?
  • Joby, amunera, and 1 other like this