Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

White House says 200,000 Salvadoreans must leave the US

_99513253_tv043429629.jpg

The Trump administration has announced the US will cancel permits allowing nearly 200,000 people from El Salvador to live and work in the country.

The humanitarian programme, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), was granted after a series of earthquakes rocked the Central American country in 2001.

Salvadoreans now have until 2019 before they face arrest and deportation.

The Trump administration has already removed TPS protections from tens of thousands of Haitians and Nicaraguans.

Protections for Salvadoreans were set to expire on Monday, after nearly two decades of holding the protected status due to the impacts of natural disaster in their home country.

The Department of Homeland Security plans to allow Salvadoreans until 9 September, 2019 to leave the US or find a legal way to remain in the country.

What is Temporary Protected Status?

The programme, which was created in 1990, authorises immigrants from several countries to lawfully live and work in the US regardless of whether they entered the country legally or not.

It is only granted to countries affected by armed conflict, environmental disaster, or epidemics.

With nearly 200,000 immigrants in the US, El Salvador represents the largest group of TPS recipients.

Ten countries, making up over 300,000 US immigrants, have been granted TPS protections since it was first signed into law by President George Bush.

Salvadoreans received TPS in March 2001 after two earthquakes killed more than 1,000 people and devastated communities.

Over the next 15 years, the programme was reauthorised by US presidents several times.

Edited by Jolldan

If two decades isn’t enough time to get a country back on track, then I’d seriously question these UN humanitarian and aid programs.

• Like 7

Trump has done more good in a year than Obama did in 8.

Unless of course social justice and funding terrorists is your agenda. In that case, he hasen't.

• Like 5

Curious if anyone knows more of the details on this.

Is it just those 200,000 that they original took in that are being removed?

What about those who were either born or raised their whole life in the US?

Also its going to be pretty hard to round up 200,000 people if you have pre-warned them all, I doubt many will be willing to go.

Good.

For anybody who thinks this is a bad thing, Google "MS-13".

Yeah, then you will realise the whole MS-13 thing is a red herring. In a nutshell, MS-13 was started in the US in the 80's. Somehow I doubt deporting 199,000 people who never had anything to do with MS-13 will help the US at all. Well, I guess it will make the racists feel better.

Edited by Yerbo

correct move, too many criminals coming in from central america.

So throw the criminals out, why throw them all out?

My sister's husband is from El Salvador. He works 2 jobs to provide for my sister and their two sons. Him and his family are the hardest working people I know and hold great family values. Hopefully they only deport the criminals.

Because **** them....that's why.

End of thread lmao 

Why am I not surprised these two retards hold the same view.

• Like 1

It was a epic reply to your question ya clown, I have a good few Hispanic friends and co workers from all over south america including Salvador ...... hell my old general foreman is from Salvador 

It was a epic reply to your question ya clown, I have a good few Hispanic friends and co workers from all over south america including Salvador ...... hell my old general foreman is from Salvador 

I never asked a question, I just called you two retards. Thank you for proving that point again, retard. 

• Like 1

Teemu, nobody gives a **** about those idiots. If you wanna get all bleeding heart then that's on you.

Maybe your sister should have married a white American.

• Like 3

Teemu, nobody gives a **** about those idiots. If you wanna get all bleeding heart then that's on you.

Yeah, kill yourself.

• Like 2

Yeah, kill yourself.

No thanks. I'm not getting deported. I have every reason to live.

Edited by SmoothCriminal
  • Like 2

Bro put down the flame thrower you are burning this clown alive lmao

Yeah, then you will realise the whole MS-13 thing is a red herring. In a nutshell, MS-13 was started in the US in the 80's. Somehow I doubt deporting 199,000 people who never had anything to do with MS-13 will help the US at all. Well, I guess it will make the racists feel better.

Ummmm..... how does the gang starting in the U.S. change the fact that it's a Salvadorean gang? The second word in MS is Salvatrucha, for Christ's sake.

You don't have to be racist to not want a violent street gang in your country. You just have to not be an idiot.

_99513253_tv043429629.jpg

The Trump administration has announced the US will cancel permits allowing nearly 200,000 people from El Salvador to live and work in the country.

The humanitarian programme, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), was granted after a series of earthquakes rocked the Central American country in 2001.

Salvadoreans now have until 2019 before they face arrest and deportation.

The Trump administration has already removed TPS protections from tens of thousands of Haitians and Nicaraguans.

Protections for Salvadoreans were set to expire on Monday, after nearly two decades of holding the protected status due to the impacts of natural disaster in their home country.

The Department of Homeland Security plans to allow Salvadoreans until 9 September, 2019 to leave the US or find a legal way to remain in the country.

What is Temporary Protected Status?

The programme, which was created in 1990, authorises immigrants from several countries to lawfully live and work in the US regardless of whether they entered the country legally or not.

It is only granted to countries affected by armed conflict, environmental disaster, or epidemics.

With nearly 200,000 immigrants in the US, El Salvador represents the largest group of TPS recipients.

Ten countries, making up over 300,000 US immigrants, have been granted TPS protections since it was first signed into law by President George Bush.

Salvadoreans received TPS in March 2001 after two earthquakes killed more than 1,000 people and devastated communities.

Over the next 15 years, the programme was reauthorised by US presidents several times.

If they refuse to leave, can always open up the gas chambers

• Like 1

No thanks. I'm not getting deported. I have every reason to live.

Teejew is just upset because he senses Choi bois impending destruction at the Hands of Stevens.

Let him slide m8

Edited by Omoplataypus

Teejew is just upset because he senses Choi bois impending destruction at the Hands of Stevens.

Let him slide m8

You do know Choi is gonna win, right?

TPS...  The T stands for TEMPORARY.  Everything on the news makes it seem like they are here permanently.

I don't have a problem with them staying permanently, but they knew the deal when they came here.  Now they play dumb.

The ones we should be kicking out are the parents of the DACA kids.  We know who they are.

Edited by TheGreatCatpiss

If you are born in the US, then you are American and safe.

Coo I assumed that was the case just wasn't 100%.

So doesn't it get a little weird if Salvadoreans have had kids in the states. The parents would then be eligible to be deported and not the kids? I don't really get how that would work.

i pour some modelo on the curb for all my deported hommies

chit homie looks like you just got deported

• Like 1