Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Prepare To Be Offended Beyond Belief

H&M Apologises After 'Coolest Monkey In The Jungle' Hoody Is Branded 'Racist'

188112225a535e067c9e7799953b37b9.png

Kids' clothing has come under fire recently for reinforcing gender stereotypes - something that even led John Lewis to remove 'boys' and 'girls' labels and introduce a gender-neutral line.

But now it seems it's not just the whole sugar-and-spice message that's causing offence, with high street giant H&M coming under fire after an image of a black child modelling a hoody with the slogan 'Coolest Monkey In The Jungle' surfaced.

The image was shared on social media after it appeared on the retail company's UK website, being labelled as 'racist', 'offensive' and 'irresponsible' by some people.

The top also came with another slogan of 'Mangrove Jungle Survival Expert', which was modelled by a white child.

DS_xGwvUMAAPNSV.jpg

The product on the website now shows the item without either of the models.

Despite the widespread criticism of the hoody, not everyone saw issue with the image, with some people defending the Swedish chain by saying it was simply 'an innocent mistake'.

An H&M spokeswoman said: "This image has now been removed from all H&M channels and we apologise to anyone this may have offended."

Singer The Weekend has cut all ties with the clothing brand who he used to represent.

Man maybe im just ignorant but when I was a kid you were literally called a little monkey every time you did something funny or mischievous. I understand things might differ greatly from the UK to USA but Christ on a bike im sure people just want to be angry about something lol.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 4

lol, the perpetually offended must be heard, mate

• Like 7

This was just on the morning news. It is HUGE news when you trick a black person into wearing a shirt that says monkey, gorilla, etc. You must be properly shamed.

• Like 5

I'm ashamed to be 1/16th Swedish and thus guilty by association with this outlandish racist company.  I am planning to boycott Ikea and the vegetable swede as a protest against this heinous crime of referring to a child in the way children (regardless of colour) have been referred to for millenia.

SMH.

• Like 1

and gender neutral clothes for children  wtf??

theres no reason to poison your childrens mind with your own whack beliefs.  let them grow up, and when theyre 30 years old, and take a look between their legs, and still cant figure out whether they are a male or a female,  then youve failed miserably as a parent.

Edited by -idyb-

If that kids dad was still around he would have stopped that kid from wearing racist sheet.

I wonder why that kids parents didnt say anything? lol Oh right they needed to collect the $ so didnt care what the hoodie says...

I wonder why that kids parents didnt say anything? lol Oh right they needed to collect the $ so didnt care what the hoodie says...

hEaFeKp.jpg

• Like 4

hes gonna be a crip cause cookie monster is blue.  guaranteed life in prison by the age of 23.

or shot up by someone in a rival tribe rocking a tickle me elmo shirt

• Like 2

im gonna buy jon jones like 9 of em so he can have some kids that go bling.

You're blathering, and your sentences have become incoherent again.

Take your medication.

• Like 1

Call my kids Monkeys all the time.  They are mixed race as well.  The shame of being a racist is starting weigh heavily on my conscience :(

• Like 4

Call my kids Monkeys all the time.  They are mixed race as well.  The shame of being a racist is starting weigh heavily on my conscience :(

do you do it on the front porch?

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

do you do it on the front porch?

I do it in public, mate. I'm some sort of deranged monster. It's actually scaring me now. I've gone full Clayton bigsby it seems
  • Like 4

Mother Of H&M Kid Tells People To 'Get Over It'

A woman called Terry Mango, believed to be the mother, has taken to Facebook to say that the whole thing is an 'unnecessary issue'.

"Am the mum and this is one of hundreds of outfits my son has modelled," she wrote. "Stop crying wolf all the time, unnecessary issue... get over it."

Another message reportedly read: "That's my son. [i've] been to all [of his] photoshoots and this was not an exception. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about this. I really don't understand but not [because I'm] choosing not to but because it's not my way of thinking. Sorry."

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

• Like 7

A woman called Terry Mango, believed to be the mother, has taken to Facebook to say that the whole thing is an 'unnecessary issue'.

"Am the mum and this is one of hundreds of outfits my son has modelled," she wrote. "Stop crying wolf all the time, unnecessary issue... get over it."

Another message reportedly read: "That's my son. [i've] been to all [of his] photoshoots and this was not an exception. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about this. I really don't understand but not [because I'm] choosing not to but because it's not my way of thinking. Sorry."

is the gif meant to be ironic? crying wolf / wolf if wall street..

or just a clap gif?

is the gif meant to be ironic? crying wolf / wolf if wall street..

or just a clap gif?

Didn't even think that lol

Just a clap for the woman having sense

• Like 1

mother of the year

i bet she even makes him wear a hoodie with the N word on it too, and doesnt see how anybody could get offended because it looks good on him or whatever

• Like 2

I'm typically fairly easy going and agree that the pendulum has swung too far with all this political correctness garbage...but this is actually awful.

• Like 1

now im kinda pissed at my mom for not sending me to school in a hoodie that said whitest cracker in the box.

I'm typically fairly easy going and agree that the pendulum has swung too far with all this political correctness garbage...but this is actually awful.

Not really, H&M is a euro company so they arent as entrenched in the PC blackhole the US is in. harmless mistake...that kid's parents made money off of that so whatever.

• Like 1

Not really, H&M is a euro company so they arent as entrenched in the PC blackhole the US is in. harmless mistake...that kid's parents made money off of that so whatever.

I wonder if any of the African American forum members are offended. 

• Like 1

I wonder if any of the African American forum members are offended. 

If they are, fook em.  

• Like 2

I suppose this nursery is run by KKK member then

sliders-940x386.jpg

I get it may have more negative connotations in the US but here that pretty much what you call any little boy up to mischief lol.

• Like 3

Call my kids Monkeys all the time. They are mixed race as well. The shame of being a racist is starting weigh heavily on my conscience :(

I saw a comment of another African american man saying something similar. He said he calls his kids little monkeys and and just sees a kid with a monkey shirt on that millions of other boys would be happy to wear, if you see a black kid with a monkey shirt on then maybe you should rethink who is racist.
  • Like 4

I saw a comment of another African american man saying something similar. He said he calls his kids little monkeys and and just sees a kid with a monkey shirt on that millions of other boys would be happy to wear, if you see a black kid with a monkey shirt on then maybe you should rethink who is racist.

Nope, he's clearly a racist as well.  He can join my clan whenever he likes

• Like 3

I've never understood the term "African American", why does it only apply to black people?

u ever seen a white african m8?

Calling black people monkies is an American stigma, rest of the world I believe isn't hung up on that term. Shirt isn't offensive or at least it shouldn't be.

Calling black people monkies is an American stigma, rest of the world I believe isn't hung up on that term. Shirt isn't offensive and it never was

FTFY, m8

and gender neutral clothes for children  wtf??

\

its like they've never heard of "unisex"

Calling black people monkies is an American stigma, rest of the world I believe isn't hung up on that term. Shirt isn't offensive or at least it shouldn't be.

In europe they will just throw a banana at you to let you know lol

u want to **** ur kid up for life? start brainwashing them with chit like gender identification and proper pronouns when theyre real young.

just cause youre fuct up in the head doesnt mean your kid needs to be

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 3

The only thing more annoying than the perpetually offended is the people who are perpetually offended by the perpetually offended.

Edited by 12er™
  • Like 3