Photo

TJ Dillashaw Vows To Defend Both Belts After Beating Demetrious Johnson for His Legacy

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#51 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 25,646 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

lol he already started his own so moot point

and he's still begging for part of the company.
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#52 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

and he's still begging for part of the company.

Same with DJ...they can beg but the market eventually determines what they are worth....DJ is not worth 7 figures to fight.

#53 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:16 AM

Who sucks more...Joe Soto or Ray Borg? lol

Also remember that was a short notice fight that Soto got vs DJ cherry picking one of the worst fighters in the UFC for a title shot....

Ray Borg was the highest ranked fighter mm had not fought before. Soto was an absolute random who has barely won a fight since.

It is indisputable that mighty mouse has a more decorated title reign than tj.
  • juice64011 likes this

England may have invented the game but Australia perfected it. Long may The Ashes stay in their rightful home, GOATstraya

#54 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

King of the Ring.

• Ultimate
  • 50,441 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

Vert's trolling is AWFUL. Give it up, man. Please.
  • juice64011 and VertFTW like this
Champion of Survivor Series IX, Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 
UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 24-7-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#55 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:09 AM

Who sucks more...Joe Soto or Ray Borg? lol

Also remember that was a short notice fight that Soto got vs DJ cherry picking one of the worst fighters in the UFC for a title shot....

Uhhh, Joe Soto.

One title defense against Renan Barao whose soul was already stolen, and one defense against Joe Soto(what's his ranking today and back then?)

TJ's title defenses suck.

#56 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:13 AM

Yes this fact is true technically, but in America it means nothing.
  • goldfngz likes this

#57 agtx

agtx
  • Free
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:49 AM

Fans want to see Dj lose the belt not tj? Everyone on this forum was spitting on tj the snake a few months ago & now suddenly you're all riding his ****.

VoKJm_s-200x150.gif

#58 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:00 AM

Ray Borg was the highest ranked fighter mm had not fought before. Soto was an absolute random who has barely won a fight since.

Lmfao

#59 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:13 AM

Lmfao

Ok, I guess you'll provide evidence that his statement is not true.

I can't wait to see this...

#60 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:19 AM

Lmfao

Laugh it up fuzzball.

That's the last desperate act of a disproven man.  Joe Soto is 3-4 in the UFC.  Borg was ranked 3 at FlW when he fought DJ, behind Cejudo (who had just fought him) and Benavidez who DJ had already beaten about 12 times.

Mighty Mouse has 11 consecutive title defences.  TJ had 2.

MM is currently 4-0 against the current top 5 FLWs.  TJ is 2-2 against the the top 5 BWs.

You can make a case why TJ might beat MM.  There is no case to be made however that TJ has dominated his division in anything like the way DJ has.

• juice64011 and Kookork like this

England may have invented the game but Australia perfected it. Long may The Ashes stay in their rightful home, GOATstraya

#61 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:27 AM

Laugh it up fuzzball.

That's the last desperate act of a disproven man. Joe Soto is 3-4 in the UFC. Borg was ranked 3 at FlW when he fought DJ, behind Cejudo (who had just fought him) and Benavidez who DJ had already beaten about 12 times.

Mighty Mouse has 11 consecutive title defences. TJ had 2.
MM is currently 4-0 against the current top 5 FLWs. TJ is 2-2 against the the top 5 BWs.

You can make a case why TJ might beat MM. There is no case to be made however that TJ has dominated his division in anything like the way DJ has.

He'll say something retarded of course.

Great post BTW.
  • juice64011 and Bubba_Sparks like this

#62 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:33 AM

He'll say something retarded of course.

Great post BTW.

Thanks. I'm guessing his rebuttal will be "lol".
  • VertFTW likes this

#63 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:37 AM

Thanks. I'm guessing his rebuttal will be "lol".

That's all he can say. He has no proof, no facts, or no stats, just emotional responses like a little girl because he sucks TJ's nuts.

#64 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:12 AM

Laugh it up fuzzball.

That's the last desperate act of a disproven man.  Joe Soto is 3-4 in the UFC.  Borg was ranked 3 at FlW when he fought DJ, behind Cejudo (who had just fought him) and Benavidez who DJ had already beaten about 12 times.

Mighty Mouse has 11 consecutive title defences.  TJ had 2.

MM is currently 4-0 against the current top 5 FLWs.  TJ is 2-2 against the the top 5 BWs.

You can make a case why TJ might beat MM.  There is no case to be made however that TJ has dominated his division in anything like the way DJ has.

Ray Borg shouldnt even be in the UFC...he was destroyed by Justin Scoggins lmao. The only reason Borg has a job is because he weight cuts to a division that really shouldnt even exist. Ray Borg under NO resonable circumstances should have been a legitimate contender period. At least with Soto it was a last minute replacement to keep TJ buisy....he was NEVER considered by TJ a legit contender. Notice the diference Bubba, Gldfngz?

#65 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:14 AM

Uhhh, Joe Soto.

One title defense against Renan Barao whose soul was already stolen, and one defense against Joe Soto(what's his ranking today and back then?)

TJ's title defenses suck.

Who broke Baraos soul? lol TJ. At the time he was highly regarded and dangerous(prob roids) but nonetheless he had a dangerous skillset. Tell me who Demetrius Johnson has fought of that calibre? please don't say Benavitez lol....

#66 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

Ray Borg shouldnt even be in the UFC...he was destroyed by Justin Scoggins lmao. The only reason Borg has a job is because he weight cuts to a division that really shouldnt even exist. Ray Borg under NO resonable circumstances should have been a legitimate contender period. At least with Soto it was a last minute replacement to keep TJ buisy....he was NEVER considered by TJ a legit contender. Notice the diference Bubba, Gldfngz?

This is your response?

So you agree that MM's title reign is worlds above TJ's?

#67 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:30 AM

Who broke Baraos soul? lol TJ. At the time he was highly regarded and dangerous(prob roids) but nonetheless he had a dangerous skillset. Tell me who Demetrius Johnson has fought of that calibre? please don't say Benavitez lol....

I was talking about TJ dude.

#68 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

I was talking about TJ dude.

I know you were, you were discrediting his performances. I'm telling you he is the reason Barao was destroyed. Soto was a last min replacement so I don't see much to critizise there tbh.

#69 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

Um...you know dj has beaten 10 other challengers besides Borg? Let's agree that Borg and Soto cancel each other out.

That leaves us with barao for tj and benavidez twice, dodson twice, mcall, cejudo etc etc for mighty mouse.

There really is no comparison. MM's title reign >>> TJ's.
  • juice64011 likes this

#70 Kookork

Kookork
  • Free
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:28 AM

Vert, I want you to kindly notice that some other forum members are also following this thread . Guys like me find your reasoning insufficient in this topic to put it nicely and honestly. 

Regards

Kookork

• juice64011 and VertFTW like this

#71 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

Um...you know dj has beaten 10 other challengers besides Borg? Let's agree that Borg and Soto cancel each other out.

That leaves us with barao for tj and benavidez twice, dodson twice, mcall, cejudo etc etc for mighty mouse.

There really is no comparison. MM's title reign >>> TJ's.

Quality over quantity bro

Barao was once in the top 3 P4P rankings and highly regarded by the mma world as one of the most dangerous fighters (in his prime). While DJ has fought a bunch of cans that shouldnt even be in the UFC.....you arent fooling anyone.

#72 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

Quality over quantity bro

Barao was once in the top 3 P4P rankings and highly regarded by the mma world as one of the most dangerous fighters (in his prime). While DJ has fought a bunch of cans that shouldnt even be in the UFC.....you arent fooling anyone.

Benevidez has only lost to Cruz and mm his entire career. Cejudo is a former Olympic gold medalist. Dodson handily beat TJ when they fought yet mm beat him twice...the second time very comfortably. Barao was massively over-hyped by white; beating him was great work by TJ but just doesn't stack up against the success mighty mouse has had.

I think it is you who is not fooling anyone. Your argument is built on sand. Get back to me when tj has defended his belt a few more times. Then maybe he deserves to be in the same conversion as DJ.
  • juice64011 likes this

#73 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

Benevidez has only lost to Cruz and mm his entire career. Cejudo is a former Olympic gold medalist. Dodson handily beat TJ when they fought yet mm beat him twice...the second time very comfortably. Barao was massively over-hyped by white; beating him was great work by TJ but just doesn't stack up against the success mighty mouse has had.

I think it is you who is not fooling anyone. Your argument is built on sand. Get back to me when tj has defended his belt a few more times. Then maybe he deserves to be in the same conversion as DJ.

Weird, you have very conviniently inconsistent viewpoints wrt merit....I.E. you think Cejudo was a worthy contender after beating a couple of can's but you didnt think Yoel who was btw another highly decorated olympian(much higer than Cejudo IMO).

Benevidez is good but never should have gotten two title shots...again more proof that the MFW division is terrible.

Dodson  - See above, wrt to TJ i wouldnt mind him fighting TJ again to avenge loss.

Edited by VertFTW, 12 January 2018 - 09:26 AM.

#74 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

Weird, you have very conviniently inconsistent viewpoints wrt merit....I.E. you think Cejudo was a worthy contender after beating a couple of can's but you didnt think Yoel who was btw another highly decorated olympian(much higer than Cejudo IMO).

Benevidez is good but never should have gotten two title shots...again more proof that the MFW division is terrible.
Dodson - See above, wrt to TJ i wouldnt mind him fighting TJ again to avenge loss.

Lol. You're really clutching when comments I've never said about a MW are brought into a flw discussion. Of course Yoel deserved his interim fight with whittaker; what I've consistently said is that since he lost, he definitely shouldn't get the next shot.

I agree that flw is not exactly a stacked division. But neither is bw. Small blokes tend not to fight and hence both divisions are pretty thin. Therefore I still conclude that beating 11 of the best flw's is a greater accomplishment than beating 1 decent BW.

#75 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:13 AM

I know you were, you were discrediting his performances. I'm telling you he is the reason Barao was destroyed. Soto was a last min replacement so I don't see much to critizise there tbh.

Oh no, I could never discredit TJ's performances. What he did to Barao was a thing of beauty, but there is NO where in UFC history were a great fight record was based off of 1 or 2 performances. You can't call TJ a great UFC champ based off one title defense against a previously destroyed Barao, and totally irrelevant Joe Soto. 

#76 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

Lmfao

I'm still waiting for your proof that TJ has a more decorated title reign than Mighty Mouse. 

#77 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

Lol.

Someone sent me a PM saying that I "hate TJ", which is beef & bean burrito bull****!

Nowhere in this forum have I ever said I hate TJ. Go find that post for me smart guy.

What I hate, is dumb statements and ridiculous reasoning. Sort of like TJ saying to MM in the Octagon, "you're record is fake". That doesn't mean I hate him, but what the hell does that even mean? Just because you don't like the fighters in MM's division doesn't mean those fights didn't take place. TJ fought Joe Soto. Who gave a **** about that fight? Do we strike that title defense from the record because Joe Soto is not well known or regarded?

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

#78 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

I'm still waiting for your proof that TJ has a more decorated title reign than Mighty Mouse. 

usa_today_10392777.0.jpg

There you go lol

#79 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

usa_today_10392777.0.jpg

There you go lol

Ok, there's my REAL answer.

You have no answer of course, but I enjoy all your tapdancing.

#80 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 9,730 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

Ok, there's my REAL answer.

You have no answer of course, but I enjoy all your tapdancing.

to be fair, garbrandt was more legit of an opponent than anybody ever was against mighty duck

Edited by -idyb-, 12 January 2018 - 10:39 AM.

• VertFTW likes this

#81 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

to be fair, garbrandt was more legit of an opponent than anybody ever was against mighty duck

So does that mean TJ is a more decorated champ than MM? After 2 defenses he loses to Cruz. Great run.

#82 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Disrespect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

What I hate, is dumb statements and ridiculous reasoning.

I think I've found my American cousin! That's really all that bothers me about Vert's perspective on this. It's absurd.
  • VertFTW likes this

#83 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

So does that mean TJ is a more decorated champ than MM? After 2 defenses he loses to Cruz. Great run.

Yes.

#84 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

I think I've found my American cousin! That's really all that bothers me about Vert's perspective on this. It's absurd.

LMAO
  • VertFTW likes this

#85 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

Yes.

Ok, this guy is going full retard on me. Someone call Special Olympics, we have a dynamic candidate.
  • VertFTW likes this

#86 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 9,730 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

barely lost. argueably he lost.  doesnt change the fact that mighty duck has done nothing but pad his record with fights against cherry picked cans, and has even ducked TJ the first time just to fight that weight cutting can Ray Borg who couldnt even make weight the first time and they had to reschedule.   and now he's ducking TJ again. He was perfectly fine until he got 'injured' by watching dildoshaw body cody at ufc 217, and needed immediate surgery the moment TJ called him out

if he wants to become one of the greats he needs to grow some balls, give them a tug, and start fighting some real opponents. a title defense record doesnt mean anything if u only ever fought a bunch of peewees, but he seems to think it matters.

Edited by -idyb-, 12 January 2018 - 11:30 AM.

• VertFTW likes this

#87 goldfngz

goldfngz
  • Free
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

barely lost. argueably he lost. doesnt change the fact that mighty duck has done nothing but pad his record with fights against cherry picked cans, and has even ducked TJ the first time just to fight that weight cutting can Ray Borg who couldnt even make weight the first time and they had to reschedule. and now he's ducking TJ again. He was perfectly fine until he got 'injured' by watching dildoshaw body cody at ufc 217, and needed immediate surgery the moment TJ called him out

if he wants to become one of the greats he needs to grow some balls, give them a tug, and start fighting some real opponents. a title defense record doesnt mean anything if u only ever fought a bunch of peewees, but he seems to think it matters.

Pad his record? Ok, this is too much now.
I'm in the Twilight Zone or a Jerry Lewis telethon(RIP)?

#88 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 25,646 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

Dodson - See above, wrt to TJ i wouldnt mind him fighting TJ again to avenge loss.

Kyoji Horiguchi is 23-2. His one loss in the last 5 years is MM.
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion

#89 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 25,646 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:59 AM

barely lost. argueably he lost. doesnt change the fact that mighty duck has done nothing but pad his record with fights against cherry picked cans, and has even ducked TJ the first time just to fight that weight cutting can Ray Borg who couldnt even make weight the first time and they had to reschedule. and now he's ducking TJ again. He was perfectly fine until he got 'injured' by watching dildoshaw body cody at ufc 217, and needed immediate surgery the moment TJ called him out

Im sure he was really scared after watching TJ get saved by the bell in round 1.

You don't just get surgery at the spur of the moment

#90 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

Im sure he was really scared after watching TJ get saved by the bell in round 1.

Just like Woodley it was elective bro

#91 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 25,646 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

Just like Woodley it was elective bro

They don't do elective surgery at the spur of the moment
  • cashfl0w likes this

#92 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

They don't do elective surgery at the spur of the moment

That procedure is pretty non-invasive(woodley talked about it on JRMMA hour) they are in and out quick.....the thing that takes more time is deciding weather to do it,second opinions etc...

#93 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 9,730 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

true that, but do u really think fleemetrious johnsons fighting style would pose any kind of threat to tj?   he'd have to take a risk to stand in front of him and trade. whens the last time he's ever taken any risk when it comes to fighting, or even accepting an opponent to fight?

funny how all of a sudden all these title holders go in for surprise surgery and then theyre ruled out of any upcoming fights worthwhile.  sure you dont go into the hospital one day and tell them hey go to work on my shoulder right here right now. but you dont hear about anything about it in advance from them or their team either. but they have no problem barking all over twitter before and after and talking chit beforehand like theyre actually gonna fight yet the next morning they cant fight all of a sudden.

i mean just look at him and woodley.  theyre trying to milk the endorsements and photo ops and make all the extra money and get all the extra face time they can off having a belt without actually having to fight because they know their days are numbered.   gsp is the only honorable champion out there. everybody else is milking it. conor, t-wood, mighty mouse.  maybe even ferguson too. whittaker is legit injured. but   they win a title,  then they run out of cans to fight and theyre gonna face a top level opponent, and they do all thats in their power to not have to fight.

dont buy their wolf tickets bro. they scared and they want the money.

Edited by -idyb-, 12 January 2018 - 05:38 PM.

#94 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 25,646 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

MM may be the most active champ in the UFC and this surgery won't push back any fights. TJ needs 4 months to make weight after the fight is signed and MM isn't doing a 16 week camp. I'm assuming that he will be cleared to train in a month since its minor surgery.

Ferguson had surgery the first week of december and was cleared to train within a month.

#95 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 20,273 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:47 PM

stupid 125 lb division

92OcE.gif

• Omoplataypus and VertFTW like this

#96 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

Still Kelvins #1 fan, he'll be back

• Free
  • 15,925 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

stupid 125 lb division

92OcE.gif

LOL! That was brutal
!!! WAR KELGOAT The uncrowned WW champ
Check out my Youtube channel here-
https://www.youtube....downey73/videos

Bubba drink the fluoride !

#97 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Vert I hate MM but his title reign >TJs if we are being honest

qUDIQwQ.gif

#98 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

Vert I hate MM but his title reign >TJs if we are being honest

Lol

#99 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:46 PM

Lol

thats all u can say cause u have no legitimate arguements
  • juice64011 likes this

qUDIQwQ.gif

#100 BigDaddyDelta

BigDaddyDelta

VP of the Clit

• Free
  • 5,286 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

Tj beat Soto and Barao, then lost to Cruz.

MM has beaten Beneveidez twice, Cujed and Dodson twice those are legitimate defenses
  • Bubba_Sparks likes this

qUDIQwQ.gif