#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,639 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

dark-horses-carol-walker.jpg

HW - Curtis Blaydes 8-1 (1)

Curtis had the unfortunate luck of being the guy to welcome Francis Ngannou to the UFC. Since then he's been on a tare. Four wins in 2017 with one being taken away for weed. In a division of older guys Curtis might just be a couple wins away from getting that Francis rematch.

LHW - OSP 22-10

OSP has come the closest of anyone yet in the UFC to beating Volkan dropping a split-decision to him. After that he won three fights in a row in 2017 all by stoppage. OSP is fast approaching another shot at one of the top guys.

MW - Derek Brunson 18-5

After a bad start to 2017 with a truly terrible fight with Anderson Silva, Derek has now got himself back on track. Back to back first round knockouts to close out 2017 and now a rematch with Souza that if he wins will surely get him a title shot.

WW - Santiago Ponzinibbio 26-3

This was a hard one as a lot of current Welterweights are already tipped for a big 2018. Santiago is the one that I think slips under the radar. The guy is on a six fight win streak in the UFC and this year he got some big wins like top 15 ranked Gunnar Nelson and popular prospect Mike Perry.

LW - James Vick 12-1

The Lightweight division in such a mess with the three top guys all needing to fight that I don't think anybody else gets a look at a title shot this year. So 2018 is Vick's year to establish himself as a contender to be ready for whoever has the belt in 2019.

FW - Josh Emmett 13-1

Thanks to a crazy situation Josh found himself with a golden opportunity, a fight against a top 5 ranked Lamas and he took it. After Holloway vs. Edgar there isn't really a clear next contender. With just one or two wins Josh can make himself that contender.

BW - Jimmie Rivera 21-1

I feel a little bad for Jimmy even being on this list when he should be fighting for the tile next. But again I feel like with the DJ vs. TJ fight you won't see the Bantamweight title defender till likely late 2018. So Jimmie just needs to keep active and he's got to be next in line.

FLW - Matheus Nicolau 13-1-1

In a division where the champion has beaten pretty much everybody sometimes twice its hard to find a new exciting challenge. In his first two UFC fights he's beaten a former title challenger and a top 15 guy. With such few contenders Nicolau could jump the queue with and impressive win or two.

WBW - Aspen Ladd 6-0

2017 was good for the UFC newcomer Ladd. She picked up a win against Eubanks who was supposed to fight for the Flyweight title and finished Lina Lansberg. She's still to face the top level completion but I fancy her to have a lot of success on 2018.

WSW - Felice Herrig 14-6

After a mixed start to her UFC career Felice is now off and running on a four fight win streak and has had a great 2017 with three of the wins coming then to set her up for a big next year. Felice has to be on the verge of a top 5 fight.

• Decompoze and JSW like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:16 AM

dark-horses-carol-walker.jpg

HW - Curtis Blaydes 8-1 (1)

Curtis had the unfortunate luck of being the guy to welcome Francis Ngannou to the UFC. Since then he's been on a tare. Four wins in 2017 with one being taken away for weed. In a division of older guys Curtis might just be a couple wins away from getting that Francis rematch.

LHW - OSP 22-10

OSP has come the closest of anyone yet in the UFC to beating Volkan dropping a split-decision to him. After that he won three fights in a row in 2017 all by stoppage. OSP is fast approaching another shot at one of the top guys.

MW - Derek Brunson 18-5

After a bad start to 2017 with a truly terrible fight with Anderson Silva, Derek has now got himself back on track. Back to back first round knockouts to close out 2017 and now a rematch with Souza that if he wins will surely get him a title shot.

WW - Santiago Ponzinibbio 26-3

This was a hard one as a lot of current Welterweights are already tipped for a big 2018. Santiago is the one that I think slips under the radar. The guy is on a six fight win streak in the UFC and this year he got some big wins like top 15 ranked Gunnar Nelson and popular prospect Mike Perry.

LW - James Vick 12-1

The Lightweight division in such a mess with the three top guys all needing to fight that I don't think anybody else gets a look at a title shot this year. So 2018 is Vick's year to establish himself as a contender to be ready for whoever has the belt in 2019.

FW - Josh Emmett 13-1

Thanks to a crazy situation Josh found himself with a golden opportunity, a fight against a top 5 ranked Lamas and he took it. After Holloway vs. Edgar there isn't really a clear next contender. With just one or two wins Josh can make himself that contender.

BW - Jimmie Rivera 21-1

I feel a little bad for Jimmy even being on this list when he should be fighting for the tile next. But again I feel like with the DJ vs. TJ fight you won't see the Bantamweight title defender till likely late 2018. So Jimmie just needs to keep active and he's got to be next in line.

FLW - Matheus Nicolau 13-1-1

In a division where the champion has beaten pretty much everybody sometimes twice its hard to find a new exciting challenge. In his first two UFC fights he's beaten a former title challenger and a top 15 guy. With such few contenders Nicolau could jump the queue with and impressive win or two.

WBW - Aspen Ladd 6-0

2017 was good for the UFC newcomer Ladd. She picked up a win against Eubanks who was supposed to fight for the Flyweight title and finished Lina Lansberg. She's still to face the top level completion but I fancy her to have a lot of success on 2018.

WSW - Felice Herrig 14-6

After a mixed start to her UFC career Felice is now off and running on a four fight win streak and has had a great 2017 with three of the wins coming then to set her up for a big next year. Felice has to be on the verge of a top 5 fight.

is this something you conjured up or did you copy and paste a news story?

#3 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:17 AM

also that list is beyond laughable.

#4 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,551 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:25 AM

Herrig and Brunson will be champs in 2018.
  • Bubba_Sparks and PlatinumClegg like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#5 PlatinumClegg

PlatinumClegg

Somebody might die!

• Free
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:29 AM

tenor.gif?itemid=5767943

• Eclipse76, King_Can!, cashfl0w and 4 others like this

LikableLittleGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#6 smwwrest

smwwrest
  • Ultimate
  • 459 posts
  • LocationCretaceous Period

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:31 AM

tenor.gif?itemid=5848246

• Eclipse76, *Haze*, CanPass and 2 others like this

#7 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,639 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:14 AM

tenor.gif?itemid=5577196

• Eclipse76 and -idyb- like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#8 Jacob2790

Jacob2790
  • Free
  • 294 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

I agree with LW down through FLW but the rest is reaching like a mofo lol 

#9 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,733 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

you cant call ponz or rivera "dark horses" when they are projected to be top contenders

fantastic of u to add king felice tho

OSP is stupid as chit tbh

• CanPass likes this

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#10 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,733 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:24 AM

tenor.gif?itemid=5577196

is that cm punk he's pretty small

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#11 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,906 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

Blaydes is getting walkaway KO'd
OSP sucks
Brunson ia getting subbed by Jacare
I like the Ponz but he's not winning the belt
Lol Vick got ko'd by a gay male model

I don't care about wimmens and midgets
  • JSW likes this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#12 Kookork

Kookork
  • Free
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

Blaydes is getting walkaway KO'd
OSP sucks
Brunson ia getting subbed by Jacare
I like the Ponz but he's not winning the belt
Lol Vick got ko'd by a gay male model

I don't care about wimmens and midgets

What do you mean? Vick has one loss in UFC to Beneil Dariush . He is the farthest from a Gay male Model.

• JSW and jaybird86 like this

#13 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 14,316 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

is that cm punk he's pretty small

and that right there is big cass and hes 7 feet tall and you cant teach that

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#14 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

Usman, Yair, Moraes, Caraway, Costa, TBB, JOJO at WFW, Zingano

#15 CanPass

CanPass
  • Free
  • 8,454 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

All those names are well known. you can't call them "dark horses" when they are already established.

I will give you a real "dark horse" name.

Eryk Anders.

Yo BOI!

#16 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,906 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

What do you mean? Vick has one loss in UFC to Beneil Dariush . He is the farthest from a Gay male Model.

I'm pretty sure Dariush is a gay male model

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png