Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Another Survivor Game?

Just a general inquiry at this point to see if anyone fancied another Survivor style game?

Had the idea to run it over 10 UFC cards?

Bubba's Survivor game work's much better as a year long game or however long it takes than I think this would as someone could end up with a massive points lead after the first couple months and everyone would lose interest.

Rules would be you pick a fighter from each fight on the card and a few other options:

• Winner - Who Wins?
  • Method - KO, Submission or Decision?
  • Round - Round the fight finishes?
  • First or Second Half - Will the fight end in the first 7:30 (12:30 in a title fight) or after?
  • POTN - Will either or both fighters receive POTN Bonus?

Getting all five of those options correct earns you a bonus 3 points.

So each fight has the potential of being worth 9 points.

• Like 2

I like it.  I used to play mma fantasy on another site and it sort of goes like what you have here.  If there are enough people into to this, I might start watching again and play your game. 

Also, if you would like, you can make one of the fights worth double points...and this fight would be like the most even fight in the card. 

• Like 1

I always thought there would be something to the idea of doing a game with a point system like you suggested, but at the end of every event, whoever finishes last (you could either do it based on cumulative points, or I think it would be most interesting if the points reset after every event) gets eliminated, and you go until there's only one player left.

I just never got around to actually trying to make such a game happen.

• Like 2

I always thought there would be something to the idea of doing a game with a point system like you suggested, but at the end of every event, whoever finishes last (you could either do it based on cumulative points, or I think it would be most interesting if the points reset after every event) gets eliminated, and you go until there's only one player left.

I just never got around to actually trying to make such a game happen.

A bit like this one?

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/topic/194952-inaugral-bellagoat-elimination-prediction-tournament/

Yeah. The only thing I would change for your game is I wouldn't eliminate three people after each show, but otherwise, yes, that's the idea I had.

I remember mentioning a rough version of the idea in one of the Prediction League threads a long time ago, because I got it after somebody called the Prediction League the true Survivor Series game after so many people had dropped out.

• Like 1

Yeah. The only thing I would change for your game is I wouldn't eliminate three people after each show, but otherwise, yes, that's the idea I had.

I remember mentioning a rough version of the idea in one of the Prediction League threads a long time ago, because I got it after somebody called the Prediction League the true Survivor Series game after so many people had dropped out.

Lol. It is a bit of a marathon. Only the hardiest survive...I've tried twice and failed so won't waste your time with a third attempt.

Lol. It is a bit of a marathon. Only the hardiest survive...I've tried twice and failed so won't waste your time with a third attempt.

Yeah, we have 30 people signed up for this year right now, and I bet half of them finish.

• Like 1