Sign in to follow this  
AndyWang

Bisping vs Rashad rematch possible for UFC London main event

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani

A main event fight between Michael Bisping & Rashad Evans is on the table for the London card on March 17. It’s currently being discussed/considered but not finalized yet. A decision will be made soon. Would be a rematch of UFC 78’s headliner, which Evans won via split decision.

• Like 1

I guess. Bisping loses to St. Pierre and Fatstelum.

Evans lost to Daniel Kelly and Sam Alvey.

shaq2.gif

Oh yeah Bisping should walk over him but in terms of opponents I wondered who they would offer him and this makes sense. The end for both

• Like 1

Only thing is it means Till fight will only be 3 rounds which is a shame but doubt he'd need the time anyway

Oh yeah Bisping should walk over him but in terms of opponents I wondered who they would offer him and this makes sense. The end for both

I wouldn't take this fight if I was Rashad.  Sam Alvey and Daniel Kelly are cans and he couldn't beat them.  He said he was going back to 205.  If I was Bisping I would take this at light heavy so he doesn't have to cut a bunch of weight.  Either that or 195 catchweight.  Hell Spits won the first fight IMO.

Sounds like this event should be called Retirement fight night, it's about time Rashad hangs up the Gloves himself specially after a Retiring Bisping dust him off something decent 

I will miss Bisping

He'll still be all over fs1 UFC tonight etc. The goat never leaves

Only thing is it means Till fight will only be 3 rounds which is a shame but doubt he'd need the time anyway

You really think they will put Till on the card? If they do I call it as the main event. Makes more sense for Mike's send off to be 3 rounds especially against Suga.

To be fair I think it's a moot point as I don't believe Till will be on the card

You really think they will put Till on the card? If they do I call it as the main event. Makes more sense for Mike's send off to be 3 rounds especially against Suga.

To be fair I think it's a moot point as I don't believe Till will be on the card

There is no way Bisping doesn't headline his last outing in England. I imagine Till isn't fighting the Gunni talk was to hurry this fight. Till will fight Wonderboy

• Like 1

I want Till but think they will save him for a fox/ppv card , does his stock no good being on fightpass again , as much as i want to see him ,

theres 9 fights announced for london , plus lobov vs caceras possible as the 10th and the main event being 11th .. 

weak **** card

i dont mind bisping / rashad if its co main and they do Till as m,ain but I doubt it , 

rather see bisping vs machida but that cant happen unless Anders pulls out in fight week....

What fight was Bisping in that was boring?

Every fight he had except the one where he got starched by Dan Henderson and Melted by Kevin Gastelum.

Bisping is hands down the best fighter we've ever produced. Numerous ufc record holder. Past champion. I like Till, agree with the hype it Bisping headlines this every single day of the year

Sometimes I think UFC fighters say "Im retiring" but they are actually either taking a long break and/or going to Bellator.

Sometimes agree but when fighters like Bisping are tied up with tv deals it won't happen

• Like 1

As strange as it sounds, I agree with everyone in this thread, even though some opinions are in conflict. I have, if you will, a Bisping vs. Evans cognitive dissonance.

I understand why this fight might happen and while it may not make sense, it still makes sense. Does that make any sense?

I do feel for Rashad though, even though I used to hate the guy. It's amazing how someone can fall from grace so quickly. I remember him flatlining Liddell, winning the title, then getting KTFO by Machida, creating one of the best MMA still photos of all time. He came back strong, winning four straight and even outwrestling Phil Davis in a dominant UD win. Even though he dropped a decision to Jon Jones, he looked good in that fight.

He lost a terribly boring fight to Little Nog, barely beat Dan Henderson in a questionable split decision, then beat a post-surgery Chael Sonnen (a guy who doesn't pull out of fights even when he probably should).

After that it was more injuries, surgeries, and so-called "comebacks" which only saw him getting KTFO by Glover. A career-vitalizing move to middleweight saw him drop two straight decisions to cans.

So, the fight with Bisping make sense in that it's two guys ending their careers, both of whom are coming off consecutive losses. However, losing this fight would be terrible for Evans - it would be his fifth loss in a row and he can either retire or perhaps look for other opportunities after the UFC inevitably releases him.

I think Dana & the UFC love Bisping, I think he's definitely retiring & thr UFC will take him under their wing like Forest Gumpin.

Rashad will get mauled. He's looked absolutely terrible in his recent matchups. From champion to this... It's really sad. I almost feel bad for the guy.

Rashad and Bisping at one time were identical,circle around throwing air strikes to appear busy.At least Bisping became a more interactive fighter,he would engage,Rashad still circles around throwing meaningless air strikes and very boring to watch.

if they are goign to bring out some old school fighters,i rather see Chuck Liddell again,perhaps he and big head manager over there for yet another rematch with of course Liddell coming out on top.

Big Head =Tito

big chin =Faber

big ego=Conor

big nothing=Dana

Anyone seen the prices for this??

Might jump on the presale for this tomorrow because the uk is full of retards that buy and go because they like this guy called conor or they think they can re sell them, making it difficult to get tickets normally. 

Anyone seen the prices for this??

Might jump on the presale for this tomorrow because the uk is full of retards that buy and go because they like this guy called conor or they think they can re sell them, making it difficult to get tickets normally. 

Cant find the prices actually being released as of yet. But from memory last years were £40, £60, £80, £135 and £200.

In case you don't know O2 are doing there normal presale at 930am tomorrow. O2 priority, just need someone with o2 to give you the code.

Think I'm gonna jog it on this year, the company continue to show no respect to the UK fans. They can plan every other event by offering a main event but 2nd year in a row where they've ****ed it up. I suspect the KO via Kelvin threw a massive spanner in the works but screw em they could of at least tried a bit harder. I mean they usually start by announcing the main first for most events!

At one point I though it was gonna be Till and Mike on the main card with Showtime V Mairbek taisumov and Jimi V whats his name. Now that would have been worth paying for!

Edited by Marble

Bisping tweets not to buy tickets to see him fight in London as he is not fighting.

Well done Mike for letting the cat out the bag before the tickets go on sale.

Ticket prices are slightly less than last year's event, top end ticket 25 quid cheaper 2nd top 10 quid cheaper.

There gonna pull a Jimi main again. Hope others have got the message and don't buy into this BS we are getting fed

Edited by Marble
  • Like 1

Bisping tweets not to buy tickets to see him fight in London as he is not fighting.

Well done Mike for letting the cat out the bag before the tickets go on sale.

Ticket prices are slightly less than last year's event, top end ticket 25 quid cheaper 2nd top 10 quid cheaper.

There gonna pull a Jimi main again. Hope others have got the message and don't buy into this BS we are getting fed

Yup just saw that too... probably going to be the worst card in existence. Unfortunately think I’ll skip it too which is a shame. Just isn’t worth the money and hassle to see...Jimi Manuwa....again.

Yep shame. Whilst last year's card on paper was poor it turned out to be a cracking set of fights. However there taking the pish now. Matter of principle. Give my money to local events a smaller promotions same quality better priced and you ain't getting mugged off

• Like 1

Are you still going JSW?

Trying to kid myself with a silver lining; maybe a Liverpool event....?

Edited by Marble

Are you still going JSW?

Trying to kid myself with a silver lining; maybe a Liverpool event....?

Ill probably still go. Would of just been good to see Bisping off.

Till will get a push, now we may see him sign against Gunni. Otherwise Jimi again.