Jeremy Kennedy vs. Alex Volkanovski
Jussier Formiga vs. Ben Nguyen

pja3c16.png

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD

6:30p ET

Mizuto Hirota vs. Ross Pearson
Teruto Ishihara vs. Jose Quinonez
Daichi Abe vs. Luke Jumeau

I don't know how this is justified as a PPV. Just terrible.

Honestly has a single PPV quality fight, other than that no one of them is worth paying for, how do they get away with this ****

• Like 2

Honestly has a single PPV quality fight, other than that no one of them is worth paying for, how do they get away with this ****

If you were a paid member, I would link you to the topic and you could see the very people who keep paying for chitty Australian cards and why they get away with this

• Like 3

Something fairly funny, UFC 221 is basically the same card as the Fight Night on the 19th minus the Main event. Even the Co. Main is similar in terms of rankings. How can this be a PPV card

Lol explain

I got this.

See, Romero sucks. And Luke Rockhold doesn't suck. So Luke is going to make Yoel retire on Saturday.

• Like 4

actually finding it so hard to predict the main event

Luke got knocked out by Bisping and his stand up looked terrible against branch

Yoel couldn't beat a one legged bobbie knuckles

5 round fight

Thinking Luke by UD

Lol explain

Vert, you do remember that Romero already ducked Luke for a 5 round bout, right ?

What does that tell you m8 ? I know you are a smart guy.

Jokes aside now, Romero is a beast BUT he is gonna struggle with everything Luke got to throw at him. Romero is one of the best wrestlers in MMA World right now BUT he aint gonna be able to do chit with Luke's very underrated grappling. 

Luke will take his time, keep the distance and wait for Romero to get tired by late round 3.

Edited by skillandpower

6'3 versus roids,neither guy belongs at 185.

I will still cheer for Rockhold but not sure how he will handle the sheer power coming at him.

This is almost a case for Luke to not mount too much pressure,just enough to take rounds.If he puts too much heat on,then Romero will force the TD and then not so sure BJJ wil matter versus his roid power.One thing however is that at 6'3 that gives Luke a ton of leverage with sort of brings Romero back to him a bit.

This is basically Luke's win until Romero can prove a meaningful TD.

• Like 2

6'3 versus roids,neither guy belongs at 185.

I will still cheer for Rockhold but not sure how he will handle the sheer power coming at him.

This is almost a case for Luke to not mount too much pressure,just enough to take rounds.If he puts too much heat on,then Romero will force the TD and then not so sure BJJ wil matter versus his roid power.One thing however is that at 6'3 that gives Luke a ton of leverage with sort of brings Romero back to him a bit.

This is basically Luke's win until Romero can prove a meaningful TD.

I agree.

Luke can win this easily by just cruising with a decision keeping Romero at bay but if he goes forward trying to finish Romero then it might be a bad/short night for Luke for sure

I got this.

See, Romero sucks. And Luke Rockhold doesn't suck. So Luke is going to make Yoel retire on Saturday.

I dunno. Rockhold looked pretty poor against David branch.

If Romero can start off well he can win it.

• Like 1

Cuba don't have missiles thought, that was Russian Missiles based in Cuba lol

Not to mention Cuban missiles were never actually fired

I agree.

Luke can win this easily by just cruising with a decision keeping Romero at bay but if he goes forward trying to finish Romero then it might be a bad/short night for Luke for sure

Easier said than done. Remember rockhold got knocked out by a pillow fisted can. ( in before excuse of his dead dad)

Easier said than done. Remember rockhold got knocked out by a pillow fisted can. ( in before excuse of his dead dad)

Well, you have a valid point m8 but regardless of his father death I still he overlooked Bisping and paid for it. I mean the guy had already beat Bisping before that fight so I guess he was over confident.

One thing I agree with you tho ... Romero can actually KTFO Luke in a blink of an eye

• Like 1

Well, you have a valid point m8 but regardless of his father death I still he overlooked Bisping and paid for it. I mean the guy had already beat Bisping before that fight so I guess he was over confident.

One thing I agree with you tho ... Romero can actually KTFO Luke in a blink of an eye

Luke has the worst striking defense in mma....its no coincidence he was KO'd by Bisping.

• Like 2

Luke has the worst striking defense in mma....its no coincidence he was KO'd by Bisping.

Funny you say this because as the fight get closer Im starting to have a feeling Romero will catch Luke.

But again ... I suuuuck on predictions lol

Watched the prefight press conference today....Luke looked a bit out of place...reminded me of JJ....while Romero looked very composed and confident.

• Like 1

Cause Roidmero has no idea what everyone is saying, only when hes asked a question directly & its translated for him.

• Like 1

Watched the prefight press conference today....Luke looked a bit out of place...reminded me of JJ....while Romero looked very composed and confident.

Cause Roidmero has no idea what everyone is saying, only when hes asked a question directly & its translated for him.

lol

agtx did make a good point

Lol this ia ppv

Hard to believe it!

Im confused whether the UFC is going nuts or just considering the fans a bunch of idiots!

They could, easily, remove Romero vs Luke and put it in some other card (lets say UFC 222) and make the rest of it FS1 or even Fight Pass if they want it.

• Like 1

Formiga vs Ben Win should be on the main card over that Kiwi can Jake Matthews smh head

• Like 2

Terrible PPV card, but I look forward to Ben, Pedro, and the Co and Main events

Damien Brown vs Maestro is going to be insane too. potential FOTY

Terrible PPV card, but I look forward to Ben, Pedro, and the Co and Main events

lol, so sounds like its not that bad....I can think of a few PPVS that have been far worse(I can think of a few Demetrius Johnson ppvs easily far worse)