Official Discussion Thread Discussion Thread 2018

• Please log in to reply
623 replies to this topic

#601 wanderleisilva101

wanderleisilva101
  • Free
  • 12,793 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if Yoel is out injured for awhile judging by his interview sat down and his corner helping him up and out the cage.

I noticed he checked one of the kicks in the first round and his body language and face seemed to change for a split second might of happened then.
UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

#602 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 26,686 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

Why ? How ?

GSP had no intention of defending. So that fight is a no contest. Bobby Duckles is still injured and therefore can't defend his fake belt. Romero didn't make weight. The only champion with legitimacy is Bisping. And before anyone says kelvin, the champ would not fight on some random card at 2 weeks notice so that's also a no contest.

I hope that clarifies things for you mate. And still!

England may have invented the game but Australia perfected it. Long may The Ashes stay in their rightful home, GOATstraya

#603 CanPass

CanPass
  • Free
  • 6,545 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:07 AM

GSP had no intention of defending. So that fight is a no contest. Bobby Duckles is still injured and therefore can't defend his fake belt. Romero didn't make weight. The only champion with legitimacy is Bisping. And before anyone says kelvin, the champ would not fight on some random card at 2 weeks notice so that's also a no contest.

I hope that clarifies things for you mate. And still!

He lost to 2 welterweights FFS

• StompGrind likes this

#604 LayDownDead

LayDownDead

GANGSTER TALK

• Free
  • 7,964 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:04 AM

Yoel wins via cheating again. He's basically the NE Patriots of MMA
  • cashfl0w and Weidman_The_God like this

"Neil Magny's striking is literally perfect" - Dana White

"Neil Magny could out box Floyd Mayweather" - Edmond Tarverdyan

#605 King_Cormier

King_Cormier

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 24,965 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

Weidman does present a solid argument too.

https://mobile.twitt...566075660435456

The solid argurments are by those destroying him in the replies m8 lol
  • chons and CanPass like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#606 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

King of the Ring.

• Ultimate
  • 51,767 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

Will anyone ever win with Henri Hooft in their corner?
  • CorporalClegg209 likes this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#607 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

So just watched the card there now, Ben was poor, Adesanya was brilliant vs a guy who literally only wanted to try hug him for 3 rounds, Pedro was much better this time than last, Blaydes was disappointing, won a UD but was ankle diving for dear life.

And Romero.... damn, knew Rockhold would get KO'd but it looked like he lost half his teeth. I still think Rockhold is massively overrated, he was brilliant in the past, but since the Vitor fight his chin is gone. He had an easy run to Chris in terms of ageing fighters, and beat Weidman, who went on to have a 3 KO losses in a row. And since that has done little except beating Branch who does not look of UFC champion level. 

All in all a fun card to watch, I think Adesanya was the standout for me, I was expecting him to be taken down and just dominated for 3 rounds, but his TD defense was awesome and his strike selection was perfection, really really does look like a Jon Jones copy. 

#608 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,359 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:19 AM

Rockhold did the right thing imo and was winning the fight. Romero needed that KO and rockholds poor head movement presented the opportunity.

Would have liked to see 1 of them shoot for a takedown, i kind of felt like the ground would have been where this fight gets interesting. But understandable why neither fighter went for it.

UFC should make weidman vs jacare for title shot. Romero doesnt deserve it.

Edited by PunchBag, 11 February 2018 - 04:19 AM.

• cashfl0w and Weidman_The_God like this

brZ51I9.jpg

#609 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:28 AM

Rockhold did the right thing imo and was winning the fight. Romero needed that KO and rockholds poor head movement presented the opportunity.

Would have liked to see 1 of them shoot for a takedown, i kind of felt like the ground would have been where this fight gets interesting. But understandable why neither fighter went for it.

Yoel is an Olympic Silver Medalist in freestyle wrestling, for me that beats BJJ all day long, Its like someone going for TD against Cormier, who is no where near the level of Yoel if you take the Olympic medal as the skill level. Luke knew his ground game would not compete against someone like that, so maintained the "Ill destroy him on the ground, the ground is my game plan" tactic to put it in Yoel's mind that he did not want to get it to the ground.

Problem is, Yoel is also just as good on the feet if you cannot control the distance, which it was clear from the Bisping fight, Luke cannot, clearly cannot maintain concentration long enough to avoid being hit for more than 2 minutes. Robert Whittaker beat Yoel due to how **** well he controlled the distance in that fight and was able to land shots and take them unlike Luke. Whittaker will beat Yoel again I think, but that fight makes little sense with Yoel not making championship weight for this one and already being beat by Whittaker in his last fight.

Problem is Whittaker also destroyed Jacare..... so who knows what is next

• ijosef and VertFTW like this

#610 Jason_H.

Jason_H.
  • Free
  • 9,769 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:56 AM

Holy ****, that was so unexpected.  I thought it was money in the bank for Rockhold. 

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the Bubba_Sparks Welcoming/Rehabillitation Team

#611 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

Still Kelvins #1 fan, he'll be back

• Free
  • 16,392 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:42 AM

Blades by decision at +170 was the easiest money of all time

lel
!!! WAR KELGOAT The uncrowned WW champ
Check out my Youtube channel here-
https://www.youtube....downey73/videos

Bubba drink the fluoride !

#612 King_Cormier

King_Cormier

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 24,965 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

So just watched the card there now, Ben was poor, Adesanya was brilliant vs a guy who literally only wanted to try hug him for 3 rounds, Pedro was much better this time than last, Blaydes was disappointing, won a UD but was ankle diving for dear life.

And Romero.... damn, knew Rockhold would get KO'd but it looked like he lost half his teeth. I still think Rockhold is massively overrated, he was brilliant in the past, but since the Vitor fight his chin is gone. He had an easy run to Chris in terms of ageing fighters, and beat Weidman, who went on to have a 3 KO losses in a row. And since that has done little except beating Branch who does not look of UFC champion level.

All in all a fun card to watch, I think Adesanya was the standout for me, I was expecting him to be taken down and just dominated for 3 rounds, but his TD defense was awesome and his strike selection was perfection, really really does look like a Jon Jones copy.

what about my boy Alexander?

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#613 King_Cormier

King_Cormier

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 24,965 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

for missing weight by taking a fight two weeks earlier? Jacare deserves that shot but no way in hell CriedCan does

v4MjFdj.png

#614 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,874 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:17 PM

Rockhold didn't even go for a takedown? WTF, that was a mistake

Both guys were never shoot for a TD and grapple on this fight. It was risky on both ends and they knew it.

Fight played out exactly how expected (didn think Romero would win tho)

• Taylor_Schonerstedt likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#615 Taylor_Schonerstedt

Taylor_Schonerstedt
  • Free
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

Both guys were never shoot for a TD and grapple on this fight. It was risky on both ends and they knew it.

So you thought they would kickbox for 5 rounds and yoel wouldnt catch him,lmfao
  • skillandpower and VertFTW like this

#616 ijosef

ijosef
  • Free
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

Yoel is an Olympic Silver Medalist in freestyle wrestling, for me that beats BJJ all day long, Its like someone going for TD against Cormier, who is no where near the level of Yoel if you take the Olympic medal as the skill level. Luke knew his ground game would not compete against someone like that, so maintained the "Ill destroy him on the ground, the ground is my game plan" tactic to put it in Yoel's mind that he did not want to get it to the ground.

That's a great point, and also highlights the fact that BJJ is a fake martial art. Submissions do work (obviously), but the real subs come from the various wrestling styles (catch-as-catch-can), judo, sambo, etc. BJJ is a marketing gimmick - a highly successful one, but a gimmick nonetheless. How many times do we see "high level black belts" get KTFO by heavy handed wrestlers?

Of course the greatest art is still Tibetan Snake Boxing, of which I am a master, but the techniques are too deadly to be used, taught, or even discussed.

#617 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

Still Kelvins #1 fan, he'll be back

• Free
  • 16,392 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

Ci6ICgzWYAARMRY.jpg:large

Edited by Omoplataypus, 11 February 2018 - 04:15 PM.

• skillandpower and CanPass like this
!!! WAR KELGOAT The uncrowned WW champ
Check out my Youtube channel here-
https://www.youtube....downey73/videos

Bubba drink the fluoride !

#618 A.L.T

A.L.T
  • Free
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

And Weidman does? He hasn't beaten a MW in over 2 years. Yoel has the best resume in the division

• VertFTW and Taylor_Schonerstedt like this

#619 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,874 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:46 PM

So you thought they would kickbox for 5 rounds and yoel wouldnt catch him,lmfao

Yep, my bad m8.

lol

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#620 NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep

OG Werdum Fan - What's my name? EBAH!

• Free
  • 9,034 posts
  • LocationZion

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

Holy ****, that was so unexpected.  I thought it was money in the bank for Rockhold. 

what.gif

• CanPass likes this

14bc338cb6ce0e92287617616411.gif

#621 Yesterdays_Hero

Yesterdays_Hero

Leader of The 5k Family

• Free
  • 34,395 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:22 AM

I have no idea who that is.

DUlFekuU0AAAYhI.jpg

1z3tcvc.jpg

OFFICIAL UFC FORUM +1 POSTER OF THE PREVIOUS TWO YEARS

#622 agtx

agtx
  • Free
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:08 AM

Wow, imagine what he would have done to one eye duckping.
  • skillandpower and CanPass like this

VoKJm_s-200x150.gif

#623 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 10,874 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

Wow, imagine what he would have done to one eye duckping.

I honestly think Bisping would NEVER fight Romero. He knew whats up

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#624 Taylor_Schonerstedt

Taylor_Schonerstedt
  • Free
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

I just watched the fight an rockhold didnt throw 1 bodykick, headkick or ?kick WTF

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Official Discussion Thread, Discussion Thread 2018