Sign in to follow this  
America

Winter Olympics 2018

gfy lol

Canada. Do you want to do medal count or medal rank (most golds)

I'll let you pick. America beat Canada in medal count in 2014 and only had one less gold.

• Like 1

I'll let you pick. America beat Canada in medal count in 2014 and only had one less gold.

I saw that. Pretty tight. 

We'll say the 1 month av is for most golds but if the losing player's country has a higher medal count they can shave off 1 week.

I saw that. Pretty tight.

We'll say the 1 month av is for most golds but if the losing player's country has a higher medal count they can shave off 1 week.

Done.

Also if the players country wins most gold and medal count the bet automatically goes to two months.

Done.

Also if the players country wins most gold and medal count the bet automatically goes to two months.

Sounds like a plan.

I've paid no attention to the build up to these olympics after the nhl refused to let their players play. Who are the faves? Drugged up Russians again?

Sounds like a plan.

I've paid no attention to the build up to these olympics after the nhl refused to let their players play. Who are the faves? Drugged up Russians again?

Russians were the favorite in 2014 because the judges were scared chitless of Putin.

No way Russia was gonna lose in Russia lol

• Like 1

I've never not been so uninterested in the Olympics and I PREFER winter Olympics

between the NHL ruining the Olympic hockey and Russia being banned, this is the dumbest excuse for an Olympics I've seen

• Like 1

Canada's population is also under 35 million. That's like what, the size of NewYork? that's not impressive to barely beat Canada in medal count

People watch the Olympics in the winter???

hell yeah. cause canada never wins anything in the summer olympics. its hard to do running sports when ur still knee deep in snow

but lets go team canada hockey and curling!

the only olympic sport that matters is hockey and look how that turned out for u guys.

oh and tell us about just how many more athletes you guys send out to the olympics and how much bigger of a population you have, and u still have a hard time keeping up with some tiny little country like canada in the standings, and they still won gold more than you guys. .

the only olympic sport that matters is hockey and look how that turned out for u guys.

oh and tell us about just how many more athletes you guys send out to the olympics and how much bigger of a population you have, and u still have a hard time keeping up with some tiny little country like canada in the standings, and they still won gold more than you guys. .

It's not Americas fault nobody wants to live in that chithole.

LOL Canada is one of the most peaceful and well established places to live, don't even need to lock my car or my doors at night

the GTA is remarkably nice and every time I cross the border over to buffalo or Detroit my feet curl

• Like 3

yeah no doubt thats why u have to close ur schools and businesses down the moment a flake of snow comes down.  none of u guys would ever have the testicular fortitude to ever live up here

no wonder why u guys suck at winter sports.   i dont even know how you placed 1 spot below us in 2014.  hell just look at the 2010 olympic medal standings when we were on home soil. u guys pay so much more money and send so many more athletes there and u still cant beat some little chithole of a country that nobody wants to live in

LOL Canada is one of the most peaceful and well established places to live, don't even need to lock my car or my doors at night

the GTA is remarkably nice and every time I cross the border over to buffalo or Detroit my feet curl

oh u do in this city bro. people will steal anything in your car, including your car.  theres alot of theft and burglaries here. cars, houses, sheds, your bikes. you name it. mainly because of ridiculous housing rental prices and epic drug problems. and when they get caught the judge just looks at their extensive record, and gives them another slap on the wrist. and thats if they even show up after getting released on a promise to appear.  so theres nothing to deter these people from going back out there stealing and our judge is a complete idiot that wouldnt give anybody close to a reasonable sentence unless they raped and murdered her daughter right in front of her. 

so yeah we got the most property crime in the region no doubt. the rest of the stuff is rather peaceful, only 4 unsolved murders last year. hell i guess thats better then detroit anyways.  except they scooped another fentanyl overdoser off the sidewalks the other day, and some psycho chased some girl walking home from school with a needle yesterday.  but other than that its been a slow week here.  nothing really happens. here anyways,  except alot of thefts and drug use

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

oh yeah and just the other day someone on facebook was posting on our towns page looking for her dads urn with all his ashes after someone stole that out of their car too.   yeah lol people will literally steal anything here if its not locked up and secured well. even if its chit that wouldnt even sell to a pawn shop. people will just take everything out of the car and then take the stuff they can pawn and dump the rest somewhere else.   thats if they dont punch the ignition and take the car too

Edited by -idyb-

lastly i guess the fad lately is by people punching holes into random peoples gas tanks and taking their gas and then putting spigots in the hole so the unsuspecting person will just think theyre running low on gas and go fill it up again, and the thief will just return later and take more.  thats what the popo have been warning people about here lately apparently theres a bunch of idiots out here doing that

but yeah canada isnt short on crime.  at least up here anyways. most of it is rather petty though

Edited by -idyb-

idyb is cheering for the greased up shirtless Tongan

i just want to see an epic bobsled or skeleton crash, and someone breaking their body in 10 different places wiping out from ski jumping or snowboarding or whatever. maybe after a couple people die the IOC might decide it might not be smart to let amateurs go to the olympics

oh yeah and gold for all our hockey teams. and our curlers too!

Edited by -idyb-

As our countries go at it for Olympic glory, I see people on social media complaining that a large, robotic phallus spit out the Olympic flame.

These freakin morons will complain about anything.

Ain't that the truth?! Living in Vancouver we'd go across the border into Washington state once in a blue moon to slum it and see how 3rd world countries live. What a dump, if I had to live anywhere except a handful of place in the USA I'd probably be a meth addict just like everyone else there just to escape the reality of the cesspool I had to live in....

Edited by Yerbo
  • Like 1

Ah, yes....7 pm CST and NBC is showing human interest stories instead of the games themselves. Well played, NBC...well played.

Do you guys overseas have one broadcaster that absolutely sucks at broadcasting the Olympics?

Edited by Joby

mixed curling is on right now  switzerland vs south korea

make sure to tune in!

Edited by -idyb-

im watching speed skating cause f*ck you thats why

lol one chinese guy went into the wall,   and the two canadians both advance to the finals

Edited by -idyb-

canadian women finish 2nd in short track relays qualifier and advance to the medal finals but god damn those korean ladies both of them wiped out and still caught back up and won it somehow. they must have put a supercharger in their skates. theres no way we will beat them for gold

• Like 1

mixed curling is on right now switzerland vs south korea

make sure to tune in!

I'm watching this...just can't believe anyone takes this **** seriously.

But hey, in the Mixed Doubles, we're beating Finland. So we got that going for us.

Edited by Joby
  • Like 1

curling is mad gay so i switched to ski jumping and womens cross country. what the hell are they doing out of the kitchen?

Edited by -idyb-

Why the **** is NBC now broadcasting women's track and field events? Live...

k5 nbc is broadcasting snowboarding here right now. got to see one wipeout so far. i think it was an american too.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

k5 nbc is broadcasting snowboarding here right now. got to see one wipeout so far. i think it was an american too.

Oh, that's my bad. I thought that all of the NBC stations would be showing the Olympic games. I'm wrong...NBSC SN went to track and field.

You know...because track and field so popular during the Winter Olympics.

Update: found the snowboarding channel. It is out there.

Edited by Joby

4 canadians and 4 norweigians advance to the slopestyle snowboarding finals. somehow one of the 3 yanks made it it in too

Oh, that's my bad. I thought that all of the NBC stations would be showing the Olympic games. I'm wrong...NBSC SN went to track and field.

You know...because track and field so popular during the Winter Olympics.

Update: found the snowboarding channel. It is out there.

lol track and field in the winter olympics??? maybe if this was held in australia

4 canadians and 4 norweigians advance to the slopestyle snowboarding finals. somehow one of the 3 yanks made it it in too

I wasn't too terribly impressed with this year's contingent. Of what I got to see of them.

You know he had a rough childhood.

well, he's russian so u know he drinks alot

• Like 1

Damn...the US and S Korea men’s uniforms in speed skating are so identical, it’s difficult to know for whom I am routing.

As anyone can probably tell by now, I’m not really satisfied by the US tv coverage. NBC does this for us...and they bring their own brand of horror to the games. Not only are we still inundated with human interest stories (but still better than previous years - based upon horrible feedback) but they keep splitting up the games. We get 20 mins of US men’s speed skating...then 20 mins of biathlon...then 20 mins of figure skating. I don’t like this. Just show an event in its entirety and let print me a schedule of what is shown when....then let me set my DVR to see the things I want to see.

The continual problem with NBC is that they try to make the games into an entertainment program instead of letting it be a sporting program. I was hoping this would end a long time ago but NBC has apparently bought the rights to the games for the remainder of my lifetime.

Boo

• SBD.png
    Snowboard
    Men's Slopestyle
    1.png

Men's Slopestyle

Gold Medal
USA
Redmond GERARD

Silver Medal
CAN
Max PARROT

Bronze Medal