Sign in to follow this  
cashfl0w

The reason Rockhold lost.

Luke lost because he did not pull the trigger and pushed to finish Romero.

Instead, he got comfortable keeping Romero at distance but had no answer for when Romero would come forward.

Yeah I guess we can blame on whoever work on his game plan too

bll-cosby-confused.png

• Like 1

It's not original either. Guys had that Rockhold KO face from the Bisping fight for years.

I don't even know why he's bothering. Luke Rockhold is the single most hated man in all of MMA, for whatever reasons.

It's because he made it possible for Michael Bisping to be a former champion.

Only one i can find. 

DVu-iPnVQAMrOy5.jpg

the way Yoel turned that gluteus maximus into the upper cut gave Luke 0/10 chances to recover.
  • Like 2

the way Yoel turned that gluteus maximus into the upper cut gave Luke 0/10 chances to recover.

Yeah he swings punches from his a$$ quite regularly. It's what i like about him. The mofo ain't scared to go for it. 

Tew many pu$$y fighters these days trying to be strategic. That's ok but go for the kill sometimes mang. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Here is a listing of all the reasons I think plus feedback from threads that Rockhold lost last night in no particular order:

1. Terrible choice of going with that camp(credit to CC and Cashflow)...I also blame AKA a little bit.

2. Striking defense continues to show zero improvement...Lazy arms and drops guard when going for strikes, waay to upright, poor movement...etc

3. Terrible choice of 'nutritional' program....there was a major problem with weight cut. I have a feeling Tyler Minton of FitnessVT is responsible for this disaster.

4. Yoel had a fantastic game plan....beat Rockhold at kicking game, defended Luke's striking, etc.

Feel free to add

4: Fantastic game plan? Sit and wait for a minute and then burst into an attack because it's the only way he could win. Otherwise he would have gassed. That works only because a) Rockhold and others don't push him enough B) they are afraid of his power.

Whittaker didn't let him "recharge" and had a chin that could handle his power.

It's a shame because Luke's 4 losses are all ko's. I think he's a hell of a fighter but should of stayed at aka, sure he'll be moving back in the near future. Would love to see him take on Bisping again for his last hurrah and Rockhold would still body that can Weidman.

The same reason anyone loses to Yoel, he's unpredictable & explosive, dangerous even when he's on the verge of being ko'd.

Common sense is hard to find around here.

Too bad that's not common sense.

These guys are fighters. When they get knocked out, it's because they made a mistake. Guys don't say "Oh well, he hit me, no biggie". They look at how they got punched, and correct their defense.

Proof?

Heck, any suspicios evidence you can provide would be helpful also.

He's already had a 6 month suspension for failing a test. That's proof enough.

That said, I love Romero, but let's be realistic here...

Vert is like those guys who used to say Overeem was all natty before he got busted. 

What are you talking about? Overeem was totally natty! He just ate Horse Meat, the Best Meat.

He's already had a 6 month suspension for failing a test. That's proof enough.

That said, I love Romero, but let's be realistic here...

lol.....come on man...that was a tainted supplement that USADA proved to be tainted. I want to see some sort of evidence there is a coverup by gov or some entity(Ie UFC) protecting romero or some designer steroid nobody has ever seen... where is the evidence?

According to you guys Yoel has been ahead of the curve for 30 years now.

• Like 1

Crazy to think how much more dominant he could have been if he'd gotten to the ufc earlier. In the words of Rogan "Yoel is the freakiest freak of all the freaks" lol

• Like 3

Crazy to think how much more dominant he could have been if he'd gotten to the ufc earlier. In the words of Rogan "Yoel is the freakiest freak of all the freaks" lol

Scary to think that is 'USADA Romero' lol

Can you imagine this guy in the UFC back when everybody was juiced up ?

• Like 1

lol.....come on man...that was a tainted supplement that USADA proved to be tainted. I want to see some sort of evidence there is a coverup by gov or some entity(Ie UFC) protecting romero or some designer steroid nobody has ever seen... where is the evidence?

According to you guys Yoel has been ahead of the curve for 30 years now.

And Jon Jones just needed pills for his junk lol.

I ain't buying it.

• Like 1

Why?

Romero at age 20

Yoel_Romero.jpg

Romero at age 40

916405910.jpg.1518234164.jpg

ALL NATTY!

You don't look as good at 40 as you did at 20 without artificial help.

• Like 4

Romero at age 20

Yoel_Romero.jpg

Romero at age 40

ALL NATTY!

lol so if hes doing T to keep his muscle mass up that would be easily caught by usada....what do you think hes doing to cheat?

Romero at age 20

Yoel_Romero.jpg

Romero at age 40

ALL NATTY!

He actually looks significantly more ripped at 40 years old

• Like 3

TBH I think Rockhold should DUMP AKA Javier Mendez and his sh/itty nutritionist....Suprised Javier hasnt been able to produce improvements in Rockholds striking and striking defense....something is wrong there.

If he wants to have a base in Florida he should go to ATT and prob focus more on grappling and defense.... that seems to be his strength anyways. It may be too late to fix gaping holes in his striking at this point.

TBH I think Rockhold should DUMP AKA Javier Mendez and his sh/itty nutritionist....Suprised Javier hasnt been able to produce improvements in Rockholds striking and striking defense....something is wrong there.

If he wants to have a base in Florida he should go to ATT and prob focus more on grappling and defense.... that seems to be his strength anyways. It may be too late to fix gaping holes in his striking at this point.

This might be the most sensible thing from Vert that I've read.

• Like 1

This might be the most sensible thing from Vert that I've read.

It's utter horsechit. lol

He has trained in Florida for his past two fights. Javier Mendez works at AKA in California, and Luke weighed in with clothes on FFS.

Luke has one fluke loss with AKA. That's it.

• Like 1

He actually looks significantly more ripped at 40 years old

He's at weigh-in where they are on the verge of dehydration, everyone looks more ripped there. His proportions look the same

Romero at age 20

Yoel_Romero.jpg

Romero at age 40

ALL NATTY!

I'm 35 and look way better than I did at 20

• Like 1

Romero at age 20

Yoel_Romero.jpg

Romero at age 40

ALL NATTY!

Lol if you continue to workout and eat well of course you can look better at 40.

• Like 1

I just watched the fight an rockhold didnt throw 1 bodykick, headkick or ?kick WTF

Probably because Yolo would catch it and throw him on his head

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure he lost because Yoel tagged him pretty hard. 

Seems like a valid reason

bo2blqT.gif

Like starting an excuse making thread?

It's not an excuse, dummy. It's called a reason.

You were too desperate to post the gif. Don't try so hard, kid.

I was more ripped at 40 than I was at 20.  Who gives a stuff about exercise or nutrition when they're 20???

Olympic athletes. But that said, the Cuban teams are all on gear.

• Like 3

You were bold enough to bring up the obvious. I couldn't handle the monumental amount of ignorance needed to imply that a 20 year old Olympian would not be in peak physical condition. It's impressive what people will ignore in favor of their bias.

• Like 1

Not 20 years ago. Back then Olympians had bacon and eggs for breakfast and a pint at the interval.

• Like 2

It's utter horsechit. lol

He has trained in Florida for his past two fights. Javier Mendez works at AKA in California, and Luke weighed in with clothes on FFS.

Luke has one fluke loss with AKA. That's it.

Yeah he has been in florida under Hooft (same guy you pointed out as being terrible)...that relationship needs to end ASAP for Rockhold.

Before Hooft he was with Javier Mendez at AKA....we have not seen any positive progress in Luke's striking (offense and Defense) with that camp.

Luke being able to weigh in with pants is a more negative sign IMO.....I blame Tyler Minton of fitnessVT.....hes just a gym bro 'nutritionist' that works for George Lockhart's ponzi scheme and AKA.

In summary, Luke needs to clean house and take a new approach.

Not 20 years ago. Back then Olympians had bacon and eggs for breakfast and a pint at the interval.

More like horsemeat and eggs.

• Like 1

Yeah he has been in florida under Hooft (same guy you pointed out as being terrible)...that relationship needs to end ASAP for Rockhold.

Before Hooft he was with Javier Mendez at AKA....we have not seen any positive progress in Luke's striking (offense and Defense) with that camp.

Luke being able to weigh in with pants is a more negative sign IMO.....I blame Tyler Minton of fitnessVT.....hes just a gym bro 'nutritionist' that works for George Lockhart's ponzi scheme and AKA.

In summary, Luke needs to clean house and take a new approach.

Yeah, being comfortably on weight is a bad thing, and going undefeated outside of one fluke loss is horrible. All good points by you.

Yeah, being comfortably on weight is a bad thing, and going undefeated outside of one fluke loss is horrible. All good points by you.

lmao, he almost died bro(see last two post weighin interviews...its getting progressively worse). His nutritionist is terrible(see work with DC lol).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRByx5Aa2NE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0ou8DiDIM

He's had 3 fluke KO losses all in similar fashion lol...

• Like 1

Oh no, I don't count Vitor or Romero losses as flukes. Bisping was a fluke, no matter how many people get salty over me saying that.

(Sorry, I forgot about Vitor. lol.. But I don't even acknowledge that fight in my head. That was when the UFC was allowing Vitor to basically cheat. That doesn't count.)

• Like 1

Oh no, I don't count Vitor or Romero losses as flukes. Bisping was a fluke, no matter how many people get salty over me saying that.

(Sorry, I forgot about Vitor. lol.. But I don't even acknowledge that fight in my head. That was when the UFC was allowing Vitor to basically cheat. That doesn't count.)

I dont think any of those KO's were flukey at all....If bisping and Rockhold fight again I guarantee you he would get KO'd again...Luke just has terrible striking defense.

It's not an excuse, dummy. It's called a reason.

You were too desperate to post the gif. Don't try so hard, kid.

119_Henri_Hooft.0.jpg

tenor.gif

• Like 1