Sign in to follow this  
AndyWang

Forrest Griffin started a podcast, chits on Helwani with Megan Olivi

There all just mad he doesn't take it from behind from the UFC like the rest of the so called "Journalists" who do not report on the real stories. 

No.  

It's because Ariel has a habit of making himself completely unlikable.  He's a good "journalist" but he just doesn't know when to NOT ask a question.  

• Like 6

was she joking when she said she didn't know who he was? 

Ive watched the mma hour for awhile now and Ariel alluded to some reporters not liking him awhile back. I had the sense it was her and it seems obvious given her response. She obviously knows who he is but doesnt care for him

• Like 3

Nice. Liked and subscribed.

I'm surprised he can still get an interview with anyone with his instigation/interrogation tactics and playing dumb like he's slick.   

Even Floyd had him figured out the first time he met him. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

No.  

It's because Ariel has a habit of making himself completely unlikable.  He's a good "journalist" but he just doesn't know when to NOT ask a question.  

Bingo. You can't argue with his numbers or the fact that he has a good enough relationship with a lot of fighters that he can get them to appear on his show regularly, but his behavior is questionable. He pokes and prods and oversteps his bounds quite frequently.

As much as I was on team Ariel when he got banned from the UFC press section (albeit temporarily), I've shifted towards Dana's camp. Both guys are liars, but the story of Ariel being privy to information on the condition he didn't leak it,and then leaking it anyway, is entirely consistent with his character. Dana's banning of Ariel is also consistent with Dana's character, being a well-known hothead. When Ariel did his tearful presentation on his show, something just didn't ring true about his story. He was either leaving something out or slightly altering the details. He knew why he was banned, despite his proclamations that he didn't do anything wrong.

TL;DR version: screw that Ariel guy

• Like 4

Bingo. You can't argue with his numbers or the fact that he has a good enough relationship with a lot of fighters that he can get them to appear on his show regularly, but his behavior is questionable. He pokes and prods and oversteps his bounds quite frequently.

As much as I was on team Ariel when he got banned from the UFC press section (albeit temporarily), I've shifted towards Dana's camp. Both guys are liars, but the story of Ariel being privy to information on the condition he didn't leak it,and then leaking it anyway, is entirely consistent with his character. Dana's banning of Ariel is also consistent with Dana's character, being a well-known hothead. When Ariel did his tearful presentation on his show, something just didn't ring true about his story. He was either leaving something out or slightly altering the details. He knew why he was banned, despite his proclamations that he didn't do anything wrong.

TL;DR version: screw that Ariel guy

Ariel used to break fights consistently but ever since that UFC 199 credentials chit, he breaks nothing, you know damn well that he could be breaking fights but he knows hes on thin ice.

I enjoyed him during that time because I just want to hear what fights are happening and he was going all out, breaking fights literally like 2 minutes before UFC Tonight because he was being petty. It was great lol

I've read Ariel gets in close with bottom level fighters and builds relationships, than he gets to the big guys. Equivalent of being the only guy to interview Chris Avila, so he can get to Nick or Nate. You see him always ask a question to the the lone person at a conference who gets no questions. It's so obvious lol

does anyone like Helwani???

poor guy

pRpQm8r.gif

He's the GOAT

99% of these idiots show up setting up questions looking for "Best shape of my life" or "The weight cut is going great" answers. Ariel asks the real money questions.

• Like 3

Alex Caceres has a podcast?? Where’s the link homie

How bout u go an **** off my page then u peice of **** u think I need a stupid ****witt like u telling me about looking good who the **** are u take your worthless advice and get the **** out of here

• Like 8

How bout u go an **** off my page then u peice of **** u think I need a stupid ****witt like u telling me about looking good who the **** are u take your worthless advice and get the **** out of here

<3

• Like 3

does anyone like Helwani???

poor guy

pRpQm8r.gif

He's an instigator, which can be fun, but he's also a manipulative ****. Gotta love how he goes for the hard blink to make sure his tears are out and then checks the monitor as he spreads them across his cheeks. This is how you play victim and earn sympathy points with the softies. Classic weasel.

• Like 4

He always plays Al Iaquinta, gets him to have a melt down each time he phones in while pretending to be his friend.

Edited by agtx
  • Like 2

Huh?

Sometimes it's hard to tell who is a virgin over the internet, but that was a virgin comment if I've ever seen one.
  • Like 7

To be fair to Ariel,he started out real good,questioning all the crap that came out of Dana's mouth and that would fill a garbage truck but then had to cool it down because well Dana happened that's why.Dana can only insult but can't take it back.just the fact Dana hates Ariel all the more i like Ariel.

Ouch,Forrest really had a man grip on the shaft of that mic,doesn't look good.

Benevides should have just said,shes the boss,she wanted to keep her name,i am some midget who is lucky to have a cutey like Megan so she wears the pants and i wear the flip flops and hangout with other midgets like chin boy.

To be fair to Ariel,he started out real good,questioning all the crap that came out of Dana's mouth and that would fill a garbage truck but then had to cool it down because well Dana happened that's why.Dana can only insult but can't take it back.just the fact Dana hates Ariel all the more i like Ariel.

Ouch,Forrest really had a man grip on the shaft of that mic,doesn't look good.

Benevides should have just said,shes the boss,she wanted to keep her name,i am some midget who is lucky to have a cutey like Megan so she wears the pants and i wear the flip flops and hangout with other midgets like chin boy.

Lots of people stand up to Dana. He's the type of person that only respects those with a spine.

Ariel Helwani is spineless.

• Like 3

I think the guy is a d!ckbag.  He does the same thing however, as any political journalist, which is to try to stir the pot and upset the applecart.  He pushes buttons just for reaction, thinking that the things he asks are the things people want to hear.  The button pushing questions he asks (to me) are more tailored to those who may tune in to The Bachelor for the dramatics.

• Like 2

LOL good. That gave me hopes that I can still find a hottie like that

time moves fast - Just looked it up - October 2015

good luck with your search.  Post pics if you find her.

• Like 2

I will for sure m8.

If you are going to try online dating - make sure you rotate your selfie or she's going to think you're laying around all the time.

• Like 5

If you are going to try online dating - make sure you rotate your selfie or she's going to think you're laying around all the time.

Haha thanks for the tip JayGOAT.

After been married and getting divorced, I was a little rusty with dating.

I will make a profile and make sure I rotate my pic.

• Like 2

Haha thanks for the tip JayGOAT.

After been married and getting divorced, I was a little rusty with dating.

I will make a profile and make sure I rotate my pic.

You should never have shaved your beard off though mate.  You've got no chance unless you use Teemu's photo-shopped version.

You know the one.

• Like 3

It's ironic that people on this forum hate on helwani for being a chit stirrer when chit stirring is 90% of what everyone does on this forum. 

• Like 3

It's ironic that people on this forum hate on helwani for being a chit stirrer when chit stirring is 90% of what everyone does on this forum.

Vert would make a great mma reporter.

Dana: do we have any other questions from the media before I square these guys off?

Vert: yes, this question is for Mr. Romero. Are you circumcised??

• Like 4

You should never have shaved your beard off though mate.  You've got no chance unless you use Teemu's photo-shopped version.

You know the one.

Bubba, do you really think so ?

I will try. I hate that pic but I will follow your advice

• Like 2

Bubba, do you really think so ?

I will try. I hate that pic but I will follow your advice

Good luck mate. You might have to go on dates with an actual can on your head so they recognise you as well.

• Like 4

Good luck mate. You might have to go on dates with an actual can on your head so they recognise you as well.

Ok Bubba, now you went tew far

Hahahahahaha

• Like 2