16 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,694 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:44 AM

Winners

Romero - Romero beats Rockhold and gets a chance at to avenge his one ufc loss.

Next Fight - Robert Whittaker. Thankfully this one is pretty easy.

Blaydes - Blaydes is set for a huge leap up the rankings, possibly one off being considered in title contention.

Next Fight: Alistair Overeem. Alistair and Blaydes share a loss to Ngannous and Alistair is really the only one available close to Curtis in the rankings. He's also the type of scalp that could launch him in to title contention.

Tuivasa - Probably the most potential of any Heavyweight outside the top 15 Tai showed how deceptively fast and powerful he is.

Next Fight - Junior Albini. Tai's next mission should be to get a top 15 opponent for his next fight at Junior seems like a good match-up.

Matthews - At only 23 Jake has quietly built up a respectable 6-3 UFC record with 2 of those losses coming to Kevin Lee & James Vick.

Next Fight - Jordan Mein. Mein's a good step up for Matthews with over 40 fights and 10 years experience he will test Jake.

Pedro - After previously experiencing his first loss, Tyson bounced back well against Safarov.

Next Fight - Gadzhimurad Antigulov. Tyson has potential plus he's young but his wrestling still needs work. Gadzhimurad is ranked just one place above him so its a perfect fight.

Losers

Rockhold - Luke came up short in his quest to become a two time Middleweight champion.

Next Fight - Chris Weidman. After the success of the first fight a second match between these two seems perfect for where they both are currently in their careers.

Hunt - What a crazy first round, Hunt was just one more punch away from the finish before Blaydes got that takedown.

Next Fight - Andrei Arlovski. How have these two never fought before? Seems fitting since neither guy has long left in the UFC.

Asker - The Frenchman is now 2-3 in the UFC one more loss will likely see him get his walking papers.

Next Fight - Marcelo Golm. Golm was undefeated prospect before his loss to Johnson, now it will be a good test if Asker deserves to be in the UFC.

Jingliang - Li was unsuccessful in turning his 4 win streak in to a 5.

Next Fight - Erick Silva. Both guys like to look for the finish so it will be a fan friendly fight.

Safarov - He may not have won since joining the UFC but for however long his fights last they are entertaining.

Next Fight - Khalil Rountree. Both guys like to throw big power shots so an exciting finish is pretty likely.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,684 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:53 AM

Romero still has to beat King David before he gets another title shot.
  • LayDownDead likes this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#3 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:12 AM

Pedro should not fight Gadzhimurad Antigulov, it would be over in the first round, it is a terrible matchup for Pedro and a quick way to end his hype train so the UFC will never cash in on him, I like all the other potential matchups though. I think Asker should just leave, he has been KO'd 3 times in 5 fights and has only beaten people who have since either not fought or been released from what I can see. 

• jaybird86 likes this

#4 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:28 AM

Whittaker vs Romero II is a no brainer. However, considering the health issues Rob is facing and IF Romero wants to keep himself active I say give him Branch just for the *** of it

Luke vs Gastelum ? I know Tiago is already booked but it would be a good fight for both guys too.

Blaydes should fight now a big name. Someone like Reem.

Hunt can go fight Dana for all I care

Edited by skillandpower, 12 February 2018 - 10:13 AM.

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#5 LayDownDead

LayDownDead

KEYS, WOMAN!

• Free
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

Rockhold should move up to 205. Let him KO shogun or someone

• cashfl0w likes this

"Neil Magny's striking is literally perfect" - Dana White

"Neil Magny could out box Floyd Mayweather" - Edmond Tarverdyan

#6 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:53 AM

Winners

Romero - Romero beats Rockhold and gets a chance at to avenge his one ufc loss.

Next Fight - Robert Whittaker. Thankfully this one is pretty easy.

Blaydes - Blaydes is set for a huge leap up the rankings, possibly one off being considered in title contention.

Next Fight: Alistair Overeem. Alistair and Blaydes share a loss to Ngannous and Alistair is really the only one available close to Curtis in the rankings. He's also the type of scalp that could launch him in to title contention.

Tuivasa - Probably the most potential of any Heavyweight outside the top 15 Tai showed how deceptively fast and powerful he is.

Next Fight - Junior Albini. Tai's next mission should be to get a top 15 opponent for his next fight at Junior seems like a good match-up.

Matthews - At only 23 Jake has quietly built up a respectable 6-3 UFC record with 2 of those losses coming to Kevin Lee & James Vick.

Next Fight - Jordan Mein. Mein's a good step up for Matthews with over 40 fights and 10 years experience he will test Jake.

Pedro - After previously experiencing his first loss, Tyson bounced back well against Safarov.

Next Fight - Gadzhimurad Antigulov. Tyson has potential plus he's young but his wrestling still needs work. Gadzhimurad is ranked just one place above him so its a perfect fight.

Losers

Rockhold - Luke came up short in his quest to become a two time Middleweight champion.

Next Fight - Chris Weidman. After the success of the first fight a second match between these two seems perfect for where they both are currently in their careers.

Hunt - What a crazy first round, Hunt was just one more punch away from the finish before Blaydes got that takedown.

Next Fight - Andrei Arlovski. How have these two never fought before? Seems fitting since neither guy has long left in the UFC.

Asker - The Frenchman is now 2-3 in the UFC one more loss will likely see him get his walking papers.

Next Fight - Marcelo Golm. Golm was undefeated prospect before his loss to Johnson, now it will be a good test if Asker deserves to be in the UFC.

Jingliang - Li was unsuccessful in turning his 4 win streak in to a 5.

Next Fight - Erick Silva. Both guys like to look for the finish so it will be a fan friendly fight.

Safarov - He may not have won since joining the UFC but for however long his fights last they are entertaining.

Next Fight - Khalil Rountree. Both guys like to throw big power shots so an exciting finish is pretty likely.

Rockhold prob cant make weight at 185 and be competitive so yeah he needs to move up...problem is there are alot of heavy hitters in that division(Volkan, Manuwa, etc) that would prob have loads of success against Rockhold. I don't see him being that competitive there tbh.

• skillandpower, jaybird86 and smwwrest like this

#7 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:54 AM

:(

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#8 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

Rockhold prob cant make weight at 185 and be competitive so yeah he needs to move up...problem is there are alot of heavy hitters in that division(Volkan, Manuwa, etc) that would prob have loads of success against Rockhold. I don't see him being that competitive there tbh.

My same thoughts

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#9 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,658 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:14 AM

Whilst I understand there's a kind of momentum building under Yoel after last night, I don't think it should be a given at all that he fights for the belt next.

When GSP first lost to Hughes for the belt, he had to win the next 5 fights to get another shot.

When Lawler lost to Hendricks, he had to win his next 2 fights to get another shot

Benavidez had to win 3 fights after his first loss to DJ to get another shot

I appreciate that's not an exhaustive list, but off the top of my head I can't think of someone who got their second title shot so quickly after losing their first one.

For some reason Yoel seems to be getting treated as if he's a former champ.  He's not.  He lost to Whittaker and one win shouldn't get you a second shot after coming up short.  I'd rather they give it to Jacare, or the winner of Jacare/Weidman. 

In effect, Yoel is getting given his 3rd title shot in 3 fights, despite losing the first one and missing weight for the second.  Doesn't seem right.

• cashfl0w and Weidman_The_God like this

#10 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Elite
  • 6,490 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:55 AM

Hunt Vs. Arlovski in a memory quiz only.  Winner keeps their position in the ranks and the loser's brain gets donated to medical research.

Anything for $7

#11 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,956 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:18 AM

Whilst I understand there's a kind of momentum building under Yoel after last night, I don't think it should be a given at all that he fights for the belt next.

When GSP first lost to Hughes for the belt, he had to win the next 5 fights to get another shot.

When Lawler lost to Hendricks, he had to win his next 2 fights to get another shot

Benavidez had to win 3 fights after his first loss to DJ to get another shot

I appreciate that's not an exhaustive list, but off the top of my head I can't think of someone who got their second title shot so quickly after losing their first one.

For some reason Yoel seems to be getting treated as if he's a former champ. He's not. He lost to Whittaker and one win shouldn't get you a second shot after coming up short. I'd rather they give it to Jacare, or the winner of Jacare/Weidman.

In effect, Yoel is getting given his 3rd title shot in 3 fights, despite losing the first one and missing weight for the second. Doesn't seem right.

sorry mate I have to disagree. Luke was the #1 contender and Yolo starched him. that's some Highlander level business and he absolutely replaces him in the rankings. Maybe Jacare if he beats Chris, but Chris needs to avenge at least one of his humiliating KO's before any chance at the gold. Also, Yolo missed weight because he was two weeks early for his fight in his actual camp. I'm sure you can appreciate the precision required to get a guy that jacked to a specific weight and how it would be affected cutting the time tew weeks short

Edited by King_Cormier, 12 February 2018 - 11:27 AM.

• Bubba_Sparks and CanPass like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#12 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,658 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

sorry mate I have to disagree. Luke was the #1 contender and Yolo starched him. that's some Highlander level business and he absolutely replaces him in the rankings. Maybe Jacare if he beats Chris, but Chris needs to avenge at least one of his humiliating KO's before any chance at the gold. Also, Yolo missed weight because he was two weeks early for his fight in his actual camp. I'm sure you can appreciate the precision required to get a guy that jacked to a specific weight and how it would be affected cutting the time tew weeks short

Let's take the weight cut out of the equation

Let's take Weidman out of the equation.

What about Romero's one win since losing to Whittaker is significant enough to set a precedent of such a quick second title shot?  Don't get me wrong, it was a very impressive performance, but it's a dangerous precedent to set; you can easily end up with every other title fight being between the same two guys.

If Whittaker is ready to fight in 3 months, I'd say it should be Jacare who gets the shot.  If he needs 6+ months, then why not make it either Jacare v Weidman or Jacare v Romero as a formal no.1 contender match?  Given the huge question marks over Romero's win over Jacare, it would give you a very clear number 1 contender.  At the moment, the waters are muddy.

• jaybird86 likes this

#13 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

What about Romero's one win since losing to Whittaker is significant enough to set a precedent of such a quick second title shot? Don't get me wrong, it was a very impressive performance, but it's a dangerous precedent to set; you can easily end up with every other title fight being between the same two guys.

If Whittaker is ready to fight in 3 months, I'd say it should be Jacare who gets the shot. If he needs 6+ months, then why not make it either Jacare v Weidman or Jacare v Romero as a formal no.1 contender match? Given the huge question marks over Romero's win over Jacare, it would give you a very clear number 1 contender. At the moment, the waters are muddy.

Would have to ask you the exact same thing that you asked about yoel.

What about Jacare's 1 win since getting destroyed by Whittaker inside of 1 round would warrant him another shot so quickly?

#14 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,748 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

Luke / Bisping 3 while Souza fights Kelvin for the next shot

Curtis Blaydes to Bellator

Hunt vs Rashad Coulture

• skillandpower likes this

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#15 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 28,658 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

Would have to ask you the exact same thing that you asked about yoel.

What about Jacare's 1 win since getting destroyed by Whittaker inside of 1 round would warrant him another shot so quickly?

That wasn't a title shot.

I take the point though. There's a case for jacare, weidman and to a lesser extent, romero. Two of them need to fight to get a clear number 1 contender imo. Just not sure which 2...I keep changing my mind!

#16 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,956 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

What about Romero's one win since losing to Whittaker is significant enough to set a precedent of such a quick second title shot? Don't get me wrong, it was a very impressive performance, but it's a dangerous precedent to set; you can easily end up with every other title fight being between the same two guys.

If Whittaker is ready to fight in 3 months, I'd say it should be Jacare who gets the shot. If he needs 6+ months, then why not make it either Jacare v Weidman or Jacare v Romero as a formal no.1 contender match? Given the huge question marks over Romero's win over Jacare, it would give you a very clear number 1 contender. At the moment, the waters are muddy.

the simple fact that he took the head off the #1 contender who was, up until Rob got injured, fighting for the belt. Unless you were on a losing streak, say, 3 KO losses prior to that win, you should not lose that opportunity.

If Chris took the Luke fight and destroyed him it wouldn't deserve the tile shot, but if Jacare did, it would. Make sense?

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#17 RazorRam0n

RazorRam0n
  • Free
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:53 AM

Feed blades to Cain for his comeback, he'd body that idiot to bellasnore

giphy.gif