Photo

Chris Weidman argues he deserves next crack at UFC middleweight champ Robert Whittaker

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,695 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:09 AM

xChris-Weidman-USA-UFC-187.png.pagespeed

In the main event of UFC 221, former Olympic silver medalist Yoel Romero knocked out former UFC and Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold. With this win, Romero is believed to have earned himself a crack at reigning UFC middleweight champion Robert Whittaker. Not everybody, however, believes he deserves this chance, as he lost a decision to Whittaker just last year. File former champ Chris Weidman into this group.

While Weidman was impressed with Romero’s win, he believes he’s got a bit more work to do before earning a rematch with Whittaker. In his eyes, he himself is more deserving of the next middleweight title shot.

Chris Weidman made his case for a title shot in a post UFC 221 chat with Submission Radio.

“As far as who should fight Whittaker [next], I don’t know, I think I should,” Weidman said. “What’s [Kelvin] Gastelum ranked? Top-five? He’s ranked fifth? I just finished him, he’s never got finished in his career. So I’m coming off a win. Romero [was] coming off a loss. He ended up beating Luke, but he already lost to Whittaker.”

While Weidman believes he deserves a shot at Whittaker, he understands that he’ll likely need to pick up another win or two first. In that event, he’s prepared to fight somebody like Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza – though his current priority is healing up a lingering thumb injury.

“As soon as I’m healthy, I want to set [up] a fight. Whether it’s fighting for the title – obviously that would be the best case scenario for me. But if it’s Jacare or another guy, that’s fine.”

“I just gotta get my thumb healthy. I feel like my fight with Kelvin Gastelum, was a good fight. I think I learned a lot from my other fights that I lost prior to that, and it was good for me. I had a very meteoric rise, and out of nowhere I lost three in a row, and so it was a good learning experience for me. I learned a lot from it, and now I’m prepared to take everything back.”

Would you be interested in a fight between Chris Weidman and Robert Whittaker?

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:13 AM

BREAKING NEWS - Chris Weidman gets USADA'd for smoking crack

• Mcmax3000, GoToGuy, Fred_Flink_Stoned and 2 others like this

#3 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

BREAKING NEWS - Chris Weidman gets USADA'd for smoking crack

lol I knew it

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#4 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:23 AM

What is wrong with Weidman ffs lol

If anything, he needs to fight someone else before talking title shot.

He should fight Jacare, simple as that. He beats Jacare then yeah he can talk about title shot

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#5 Mcmax3000

Mcmax3000
  • Moderators
  • 29,802 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:33 AM

I like Weidman, but he's 1-3 in his last four fights. He does not deserve a title shot right now.

• Eclipse76 and skillandpower like this

#6 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,718 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

Jacare deserves the next shot. He just hammered Brunson, and he already beat Romero, FFS.
  • Eclipse76, King_Can! and skillandpower like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#7 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

weidman is so annoying lol

• Eclipse76 likes this

#8 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

Jacare deserves the next shot. He just hammered Brunson, and he already beat Romero, FFS.

He lost to Romero and literally just got destroyed by Whittaker in 1 round lol

#9 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:46 AM

Weidman vs Whittaker is the best fight possible at MW right now and would be a truly epic title fight.

Keep hating all you want idiots

Edited by Weidman_The_God, 12 February 2018 - 09:46 AM.

#10 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,718 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:52 AM

He lost to Romero and literally just got destroyed by Whittaker in 1 round lol

http://www.mmadecisi...s-Ronaldo-Souza

12/17 writers scored it for Jacare. There were more people who scored the fight a draw than did for Romero. So yeah, Yoel lost to Jacare.

As far as the Whittaker loss, that was almost a year ago. Since then, he's beaten a higher ranked opponent than Weidman on his 1-3 streak.

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png

amazin

#11 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 26,030 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:54 AM

WTG, i love Weidman because i'm a new yorker but hes goddamn delusional

you dont lose 3 and then beat a fat welterweight outside of the top 5 to get a title shot. Thats like Carlos Condit getting the next title shot if he beats Matt Brown

• Eclipse76, skillandpower and CanPass like this

jaybird86: Most people can randomly pick 50-60% correct but Jon's are about 10-15% correct.

#12 Shkrelz

Shkrelz
  • Elite
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

weidman looked lost and almost like an amateur vs mousasi.. 

getting ko'ed 3 fights in a row, ofcourse hes delusional.. and all 3 guys are ranked higher than him (including mousasi).. he would have to avenge at least 1 of those losses, plus beat a guy like jacare to even sniff a title shot.

• skillandpower likes this

#13 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

WTG, i love Weidman because i'm a new yorker but hes goddamn delusional

you dont lose 3 and then beat a fat welterweight outside of the top 5 to get a title shot. Thats like Carlos Condit getting the next title shot if he beats Matt Brown

Who knows, maybe Weidman wants a shot at Woodley m8

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#14 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

you dont lose 3 and then beat a fat welterweight

I like you Andy but I had to stop reading right there cause you sounded like a **** retard.
  • AndyWang likes this

#15 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

weidman looked lost and almost like an amateur vs mousasi..

getting ko'ed 3 fights in a row, ofcourse hes delusional.. and all 3 guys are ranked higher than him (including mousasi).. he would have to avenge at least 1 of those losses, plus beat a guy like jacare to even sniff a title shot.

He dominated Mousassi before the nice Christmas gift the commission gave to Gegard. Try again troll.

#16 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:22 AM

http://www.mmadecisi...s-Ronaldo-Souza

12/17 writers scored it for Jacare. There were more people who scored the fight a draw than did for Romero. So yeah, Yoel lost to Jacare.

As far as the Whittaker loss, that was almost a year ago. Since then, he's beaten a higher ranked opponent than Weidman on his 1-3 streak.

You can say it was a close fight that's fair, but you can't say that he beat Yoel. A lot of refs would have stopped the fight in the 1st round when Yoel hurt him very badly, Jacare did a good job recovering and almost coming back to win on points but it still wasn't enough.

Weidman had 2 close fights with Luke and Yoel before getting caught, it happens. Still he's a 3 time defending champ that just finished the #5 contender Kelvin

Jacare lost every single second of that Whittaker fight, he got destroyed in 1 round quite easily. He will need more than 1 win to earn a rematch, I'd be totally fine with him vs Chris for the next shot

#17 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 22,136 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

Just do Weidman vs Yolo 2 while Rob gets healthy

#18 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

Just do Weidman vs Yolo 2 while Rob gets healthy

Not a bad idea either

• Eclipse76 likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#19 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 22,136 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

Lol, WTG is ride or die on Weidman no matter how chit he's performed lately

#20 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:27 AM

Lol, WTG is ride or die on Weidman no matter how chit he's performed lately

True and loyal fan for sure.

• Eclipse76 likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#21 Shkrelz

Shkrelz
  • Elite
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

He dominated Mousassi before the nice Christmas gift the commission gave to Gegard. Try again troll.

given i was sitting front row risers in buffalo, and saw chris' wife burying her face into a sweatshirt not watching her husband get tooled up on the feet, i can assure you there was no domination from weidman..

i think gegard out struck him like 3 to 1... so you can try again.. it actually was horrible, he looked terrible and knew he was getting pieced up bad on the feet, and then he acted like he couldnt continue after the knee to take the NC (cowards way out), then found out he was going to get the loss and started complaining.. so not only did he get owned, he looked like a **** too 

you should change your AV, suspend your account, and throw your compaq presario out your mothers window 

• MoZZez, Eclipse76, Fred_Flink_Stoned and 5 others like this

#22 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

given i was sitting front row risers in buffalo, and saw chris' wife burying her face into a sweatshirt not watching her husband get tooled up on the feet, i can assure you there was no domination from weidman..

i think gegard out struck him like 3 to 1... so you can try again.. it actually was horrible, he looked terrible and knew he was getting pieced up bad on the feet, and then he acted like he couldnt continue after the knee to take the NC (cowards way out), then found out he was going to get the loss and started complaining.. so not only did he get owned, he looked like a **** too 

you should change your AV, suspend your account, and throw your compaq presario out your mothers window 

Hahaha damn

• OzStraya, Eclipse76, Rumbin and 1 other like this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#23 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:06 AM

Weidman had 2 close fights with Luke and Yoel before getting caught, it happens. Still he's a 3 time defending champ that just finished the #5 contender Kelvin

Laying lifeless on the canvass is not a close fight.
Weidcan got knocked stupid 3 times in a row and thins he deserves to be in a title fight over a guy who beat him and has better wins than him.

We are not talking close calls, we are talking knocked the **** out and years later his brain damage is still showing.

• GoToGuy, Eclipse76 and Shkrelz like this

#24 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,971 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

xAmh32K.gif

VHeU533.gif

Edited by King_Cormier, 12 February 2018 - 11:11 AM.

• Eclipse76, skillandpower, Rumbin and 1 other like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#25 OzStraya

OzStraya

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,971 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:25 AM

also, I found WTG in the comments section @ Giantsfan1992 LOL

https://www.mmamania...-missing-weight

Edited by King_Cormier, 12 February 2018 - 11:25 AM.

• Shkrelz likes this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#26 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:36 AM

Literally everything in your post is trash **** garbage not even worth responding to.

What happened to the days when forum trolls actually put forth a little effort?
  • Shkrelz likes this

#27 Shkrelz

Shkrelz
  • Elite
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

oh you quit too just like chris, thats cute

• MoZZez, Rumbin and smwwrest like this

#28 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

Laying lifeless on the canvass is not a close fight.
Weidcan got knocked stupid 3 times in a row and thins he deserves to be in a title fight over a guy who beat him and has better wins than him.

We are not talking close calls, we are talking knocked the **** out and years later his brain damage is still showing.

I'm not saying those fights ended well lol, clearly they didn't.

Both of his losses were close fights until he got caught, it happens. This matters because people like you are acting as if Weidman is a complete can that would get body slammed by the local trash guy on your block.

If you can't agree with that then we cannot continue to have a conversation. I understand that you and everybody else here absolutely hates Weidman with a passion, I get it. Still you need to realize that your level of vitriol is causing yourself and several others here to become completely delusional.

#29 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

WTG vs Shkrelz

Make it happen, Dana.

• Eclipse76 and Shkrelz like this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#30 bigdw35/Ufcfan_1

bigdw35/Ufcfan_1

MMA FAN

• Moderators
  • 7,088 posts
  • LocationChi-Town

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

Yoel Vs. Whittaker

Wediman vs. Jacare. 

Winner vs. Winner 

• Eclipse76, skillandpower, Weidman_The_God and 3 others like this

" Ask Yourself if what you're doing today, is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow"

#31 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

Yoel Vs. Whittaker

Wediman vs. Jacare. 

Winner vs. Winner 

Simple as that ^^

• bigdw35/Ufcfan_1 likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#32 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

WTG vs Shkrelz

Make it happen, Dana.

Never heard of this kid until today. As if this forum doesn't have enough trolls already

#33 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Yoel Vs. Whittaker
Wediman vs. Jacare.

Winner vs. Winner

I would be completely fine with this.
  • bigdw35/Ufcfan_1, Eclipse76, skillandpower and 2 others like this

#34 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:54 AM

Never heard of this kid until today. As if this forum doesn't have enough trolls already

One of those casuals, m8.

Edited by skillandpower, 12 February 2018 - 11:54 AM.

• Weidman_The_God likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#35 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,849 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

“As soon as I’m healthy, I want to set [up] a fight. Whether it’s fighting for the title – obviously that would be the best case scenario for me. But if it’s Jacare or another guy, that’s fine.”

What is wrong with Weidman ffs lol

If anything, he needs to fight someone else before talking title shot.

He should fight Jacare, simple as that. He beats Jacare then yeah he can talk about title shot

Learn how to read, inbred.

• skillandpower and Weidman_The_God like this

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#36 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 13,002 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

Learn how to read, inbred.

I didnt read actually.

My apologies m8

• 12er™ and Weidman_The_God like this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#37 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,756 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Romero KO'd him and the guy that took his belt

Weidman vs Branch for perm. Gate Keeper position

• GoToGuy and skillandpower like this

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#38 Weidman_The_God

Weidman_The_God

All knowing Prophet

• Free
  • 8,113 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

Once again your name here fits your intellect perfectly.

#39 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,849 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

I didnt read actually.

My apologies m8

lol obviously.

• skillandpower likes this

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#40 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,849 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

Weidman had a 13 fight win streak at one point, your boy Mark Gunt is 13-12-1 and at one point had 2 more L's than W's. Your entire beta country fills stadiums to watch that fat can, so you have no business talking about gate keepers.

Edit: confused you with Ozpride, Canada is hot garbage and all of your favorite fighters are bums.

Edited by 12er™, 12 February 2018 - 12:11 PM.

• Eclipse76, Druncle_Polo, NikkiNeversleep and 2 others like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#41 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,756 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

Weidman had a 13 fight win streak at one point, your boy Mark Gunt is 13-12-1 and at one point had 2 more L's than W's. Your entire beta country fills stadiums to watch that fat can, so you have no business talking about gate keepers.

Edit: confused you with Ozpride, Canada is hot garbage and all of your favorite fighters are bums.

When all else fails, attack the posters country

got it 

p.s GSP is arguably the best mma fighter of all time, stay salty 

Edited by King_Can!, 12 February 2018 - 12:32 PM.

IRT/

giphy.gif

#42 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,849 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

When all else false, attack the posters country

got it 

p.s GSP is arguably the best mma fighter of all time, stay salty 

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

• wanderleisilva101, Druncle_Polo, skillandpower and 1 other like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#43 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,756 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

source.gif

• Eclipse76, wanderleisilva101, Rumbin and 2 others like this

IRT/

giphy.gif

#44 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 26,030 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

I like you Andy but I had to stop reading right there cause you sounded like a **** retard.

wtg, love you bro but if i sound like a retard imagine how Weidman sounds

the guy called himself the real champ after he beat Gastelum!!!! And now he wants a title shot

• skillandpower, cashfl0w and Shkrelz like this

jaybird86: Most people can randomly pick 50-60% correct but Jon's are about 10-15% correct.

#45 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,718 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

At least I have a job.
  • AndyWang, Eclipse76, skillandpower and 2 others like this

amazin

#46 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,849 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

source.gif

Took a flying knee to stop Weidman, GSP tapped to a punch that missed!

• juice64011, Eclipse76 and skillandpower like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#47 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,756 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

Took a flying knee to stop Weidman, GSP tapped to a punch that missed!

Still waiting to see the relevance to this thread

GSP went out on top, Weidman is 1 - 3 in his last 4. Are you going to cry about how GSP has you perma rustled? or can we stick to the topic 

• Eclipse76 likes this

IRT/

giphy.gif

#48 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

#1 DC fan since day #1

• Free
  • 9,085 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

I agree. Weidman is next in line
  • Eclipse76 likes this
Khabib bodies all your favorite fighters.
Daniel Cormier = P4P GOAT

#49 Rumbin

Rumbin
  • Ultimate
  • 11,901 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

Chris Weidman is fiending for USADA contract to run out

Maybe he will then make another run at the title
  • Teemu, cashfl0w and Shkrelz like this

#50 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 58,718 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

It's crazy to think how him and Silva used to be quality fighters.
  • Eclipse76, Teemu, skillandpower and 2 others like this

amazin