Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Chris Weidman argues he deserves next crack at UFC middleweight champ Robert Whittaker

He said 1 he's on the shelf 2 he's fine with a title qualifier when he gets back....

You can put down your pitchforks now

Who knows what happens with roidmero, good chance he gets usada'd before Robbie rematch

• Like 1

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/6691/Yoel-Romero-vs-Ronaldo-Souza

12/17 writers scored it for Jacare. There were more people who scored the fight a draw than did for Romero. So yeah, Yoel lost to Jacare.

As far as the Whittaker loss, that was almost a year ago. Since then, he's beaten a higher ranked opponent than Weidman on his 1-3 streak.

Those are the same idiot writers who picked Honda to win every fight and beat Floyd. They literally know less than Jon Snow

Weidman and Jacare makes the most sense since they have both lost to Yoel. They need to string some wins together

Edited by T.B.E
  • Like 2

Still waiting to see the relevance to this thread

GSP went out on top, Weidman is 1 - 3 in his last 4. Are you going to cry about how GSP has you perma rustled? or can we stick to the topic 

You're the one who threw around the term gatekeeper and then had the audacity to bring up GSP, an unranked can and compare him to a top 5 middleweight. 

Edited by 12er™
  • Like 1

if you go to msg, and listen closely, you could still hear the echo of his skull bouncing off yoels knee

Yolo didn't even KO him, he was KO'd by kneeing himself in the face. 

• Like 1

you mean he ran into Yoel's knee?

I mean he was knocked down, but he would have been fine if he hadn't kneed himself in the face on the way down. Only the knees that broke Canderson's leg could KO a granite chin legend like Weidman. 

Basically, YOLO got lucky twice from one strike.

• Like 3

I mean he was knocked down, but he would have been fine if he hadn't kneed himself in the face on the way down. Only the knees that broke Canderson's leg could KO a granite chin legend like Weidman. 

Basically, YOLO got lucky twice from one strike.

C'mon 12er it's 2018

Enough trolling

• Like 6

C'mon 12er it's 2018

Enough trolling

Were you expecting me to sit down with Vert, listen to his garbage opinions and keep a straight face?

• Like 4

Were you expecting me to sit down with Vert, listen to his garbage opinions and keep a straight face?

I don't even know who vert is.

• Like 5

I don't even know who vert is.

He's a comber casual who tries to hide it by **** riding one other fighter. 

• Like 4

Post USADA Weidman is barely top 15 material these days. Got KO'd by a fat welterweight in Gastelum then barely lay n pray cardio bunnied his way to a submission just like that bum Neil Magny does every fight.

• Like 2

In all fairness tho, he is a former champ with some defenses under his belt.

Gotta give Mr.Weidman some credit.

Lol no you don't ..

• Like 1

It appears the UFC is going to let Romero fight for the title, so this thread and what we say and it has very little value.

That being said, I don't think Romero deserves a shot.

-He missed weight for the title contender spot.

-He won by knock out, but there is no doubt he was getting worked before that. While that knockout power is always going to be there for him, if they fought over and over, he would lose to Rockhold much more often then he would win.

- Romero recently lost to the champion. It wasn't close. He is not as "good" of a fighter, though he could potentially score a fluke win with a knockout. The most undeserving people are always the ones who win the lottery.

Weidman has a case. It's not a really good case, but it's a case nonetheless. So does Jacare. I didn't see the fight with Jacare, but most people's opinions conclude that he edged out Romero. Of course, he lost to the champion as well.

So no one has a solid case. But Romero missed weight in his last fight, a fight for the interim championship and for the opportunity to fight for the title. He missed weight.

Edited by Megasoup

It appears the UFC is going to let Romero fight for the title, so this thread and what we say and it has very little value.

That being said, I don't think Romero deserves a shot.

-He missed weight for the title contender spot.

-He won by knock out, but there is no doubt he was getting worked before that. While that knockout power is always going to be there for him, if they fought over and over, he would lose to Rockhold much more often then he would win.

- Romero recently lost to the champion. It wasn't close. He is not as "good" of a fighter, though he could potentially score a fluke win with a knockout. The most undeserving people are always the ones who win the lottery.

Weidman has a case. It's not a really good case, but it's a case nonetheless. So does Jacare. I didn't see the fight with Jacare, but most people's opinions conclude that he edged out Romero. Of course, he lost to the champion as well.

So no one has a solid case. But Romero missed weight in his last fight, a fight for the interim championship and for the opportunity to fight for the title. He missed weight.

he took a short notice fight and you don't even watch this chit

• Like 3

he took a short notice fight and you don't even watch this chit

I watched that fight. I got off early and drove straight to Ballpark Village and saw it on a huge screen. I made it just in time for Bruce Buffer's introductions. It only cost me the price of a Diet Coke, with tip.

I watched that fight. I got off early and drove straight to Ballpark Village and saw it on a huge screen. I made it just in time for Bruce Buffer's introductions. It only cost me the price of a Diet Coke, with tip.

We all know you got a Shirley Temple

• Like 2

then you're aware he took the fight on two weeks notice, two weeks early Edited by King_Cormier

then you're aware he took the fight on two weeks notice, two weeks early

He had four weeks to cut weight. Stop making excuses for him, Vert.

• Like 3

then you're aware he took the fight on two weeks notice, two weeks early

Weidman took the fight with Maia on 12 days notice and made weight. 

• Like 1

You're the one who threw around the term gatekeeper and then had the audacity to bring up GSP, an unranked can and compare him to a top 5 middleweight. 

you're right, GSP's career is much more impressive and has had the MW belt more recently. Keep in mind you brought up Canada with a lack of substance typical 12er insult 

Edited by King_Can!

you're right, GSP's career is much more impressive and has had the MW belt more recently. Keep in mind you brought up Canada with a lack of substance typical 12er insult 

Tapped to strikes, laid on everyone he fought, ducked middleweight until the biggest can to ever hold a title was champ, and then ducked defending it. 

He's a disgrace to the sport.

• Like 2

GSP > Bisping > Rockhold > Weidcan  (Who could not continue a fight after sitting with a 3 minute breather from a legal knee, after 2 other embarrassing knockouts leaving him looking dead.) 

Weidman took the fight with Maia on 12 days notice and made weight.

- that was 6 years ago

- CriedCan BARELY won

- that was ROIDED CriedCan too LOL u dummy

• Like 3

There's an epidemic of people trying too hard on this forum.

All of you, take a break from "trolling".

can you explain which people are trolling and what about?

Everybody still responding in this thread believes they're making somebody angry. Sadly, there is no emotion here, nor is there any meaningful arguments being made.

Is this real life?  He got stopped by the 2 dudes that just fought in a number one contenders match.

I think he's a bit delusional Fatstelum would stiffen him up proper in a rematch.

• Like 1

source.gif

Forgot how sick Yolo's knee was.  Weidman eats it, his own knee and then another Yolo knee to the back of the head.

Why does Weidman wanna get knocked out by King Robert so badly?

• Like 1

I really like Weidman and wish the sport was a lot more legit than it is but Chris under the current conditions of the sport will not be Champion ever again.

However and here it comes,if ANYONE really could beat Whittaker,i believe Chris could because Chris only struggles versus reach and size and Whittaker is closer to himself in that area.Fights truly are about match ups and styles and imo Whittaker is nicely suited for Chris to pull off an upset.However Chris is not getting that fight,he has to go through Yoel "no chance"and/or Luke  again low chance.So imo Chris has missed his window of opportunity as his cryptonite was Luke and he lost it.

Really with Yoel's roid power he is every fighters cryptonite if he catches them,luckily for Whittaker he avoided just well enough and imo Yoel was rather lazy that fight.

Forgot how sick Yolo's knee was.  Weidman eats it, his own knee and then another Yolo knee to the back of the head.

Its clear to me the YOLO flying knee KO'd Weidman but Ive been pondering which one of the following blows knocked him out of unconsciousness. I was thinking it was the first punch landed but looking at this vid it may have been the second knee to the back of the head that did it.

• Like 1

Insert dfw that's ******** illegal gif here.

lol maybe Weidman should have won that fight due to illegal strike to back of head.

• Like 1

lol maybe Weidman should have won that fight due to illegal strike to back of head.

It's up there with Woodley's win over Dong as the most outrageous bit of cheating ever.

he was literally knocked out 3 times in the matter of 3 seconds

• Like 2

he also lost that fight

1. That’s a lie.

2. No matter who won, at least he didn’t tap to a takedown that Dong Bum Can did against Maia.

• Like 1

1. That’s a lie.

2. No matter who won, at least he didn’t tap to a takedown that Dong Bum Can did against Maia.

he had a serious rib injury you white piece of ****

• Like 3

he had a serious rib injury you white piece of ****

Ufc doctors diagnosed him with can, sir.

• Like 3

Ufc doctors diagnosed him with can, sir.

you don't understand modern medicine you neck bearded ****

Edited by Teemu
  • Like 3