Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Tyron Woodley and Dan Hardy Get Into It About The Champ’s UFC Criticisms

Untitled-1-32.jpg

If you’re on Twitter enough, you’ll start thinking a lot of tweets are about you. Some may be straight up intended to insult you, other “sub-tweets” could be directed at your character without outright saying your name. Now, imagine instead of Joe Schmoe, you’re a high-profile UFC fighter. The amount of tweets a day alone – positive or negative – have to be just overwhelming. Yesterday as Tyron Woodley scrolled through his feed, he saw a curious tweet from ex-UFC fighter Dan Hardy, then a big debate unfolded in public.

Dan Hardy: "It is not befitting of a world champion to whine so much. A champion is someone that represents courage and strength. An ability to endure difficult circumstances and push on. How is it not obvious that this characteristic negatively affects marketability?"

Tyron Woodley: “I pray this comment isn’t for me. Because it’s so bizarre when non-champions say what a champion should represent. Especially with little to zero knowledge of circumstance. But I know it’s not about me, being the respect we have for one another.”

Dan Hardy: “Go back and read some of the comments from your own fans, replying to your tweet. I respect you as an athlete and a champion, but many UFC fans aren’t Woodley fans, and as a champion it’s worth listening to them and figuring out why.

Tyron Woodley:“Go back and check my resume and what I’ve done in a short period of time. See how I captured this title. I respect you, and as a fan it’s worth going back and reading.”

Dan Hardy: “Yes, it’s very impressive, and you are absolutely deserving of that belt. The issue now is that you don’t feel like you are being promoted properly, but if people don’t want to watch you fight, why would they spend the money to promote you?”

Who do you agree with?

I don't have a problem with what Hardy said, he was respectful. The problem is that if they are friends, he shouldn't be telling Woodley these things over twatter.

• Like 1

I side with Dan Hardy on this. Woodley needs to stop asking for money fights. If his last 3 fights weren't more boring than some romance movie that your girl forces you to watch, then he would actually be a money fight. Instead he's boring AF & is going the Tim Sylvia route of doing everything possible to not lose. Hence, Woodley has to whine & beg for someone else to provide the money fight. People like Conor, Lesnar, & Jon Jones didn't beg for money fights. They had exciting styles & had great personalities to match. They became the money fight.

Also, Dan is an analyst now. He is allowed to have an opinion on a current champ, despite how bad his own career went. Plenty of people who had bad careers go on to be good analysts or coaches. Woodley's just salty because he wants to do the bare minimum to keep the belt & he expects people to love him for that....?

• Like 3

Hardy is right. He'd also knock out Tyron

Dan Hardy would get dizzy and need to lay down if Woodley even got angry at him.
  • Like 5

Dan telling it 100. Tyron doesn't recognise that tyron is the problem though so nothing will change

• Like 4

Maybe it's not Hardy's place but he is right. Woodley's got that persecution complex big time but if that motivates him to excel against all odds more power to him. 

Seems like he has a bright future regardless with his Fox job and movies so at least if he doesn't make the bank in this sport that he feels he deserves at least he has other options. 

• Like 1

Dan Hardy was an excellent fighter. He lost a few times, but those losses were against other excellent fighters. He is a very intelligent man, to boot. His thoughts are certainly more relevant than anyone on this forum. And besides, he's right.

Also, I think a fight between him and Tyrone would be a heck of a lot more competitive and some on here are giving him credit for.

So in other words his reply to Hardy should have been...

At least i have three jobs DUMMY. 

His acting career will go nowhere.

Dana does not back him, he wont push big promotion dollars, and he whines like a **** to and about Dana Once he loses the belt, and he is not a dominant champion thus far so it will happen sooner than later he will be an undercard fighter at best.

One SJW complaining to Fox that he is a race baiter after he loses his belt, he will not be on TV either.

The guy needs to learn to shut his mouth and go out and entertain. He has more talent than he has shown the last few years but his ego is unbelievably inflated for his performances and he believes he is some unstoppable monster, when in reality he has just been a lucky fighter.

• Like 1

Dan Hardy was an excellent fighter. He lost a few times, but those losses were against other excellent fighters. He is a very intelligent man, to boot. His thoughts are certainly more relevant than anyone on this forum. And besides, he's right.

Also, I think a fight between him and Tyrone would be a heck of a lot more competitive and some on here are giving him credit for.

LMAO.. Dan Hardy has recurring concussion problems. Woodley would leave him with a permanent case of vertigo in about 20 seconds flat.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1

Soup has gone full retard.

Hardy would be competitive vs Woodly? 

The same Dan HArdy that got held down by GSP for 5 full rounds?

Hardy would be smothered in under a minute. Woodly is a loser, but not that bad of one.

• Like 2

Soup has gone full retard.

Hardy would be competitive vs Woodly?

The same Dan HArdy that got held down by GSP for 5 full rounds?

Hardy would be smothered in under a minute. Woodly is a loser, but not that bad of one.

You're assuming Woodley is a better wrestler than GSP. That's one hell of an assumption, because no one has ever seen GSP out-wrestled. Maybe you are the retard.

LMAO.. Dan Hardy has recurring concussion problems. Woodley would leave him with a permanent case of vertigo in about 20 seconds flat.

u wot, m8?

His acting career will go nowhere.

Dana does not back him, he wont push big promotion dollars, and he whines like a **** to and about Dana Once he loses the belt, and he is not a dominant champion thus far so it will happen sooner than later he will be an undercard fighter at best.

One SJW complaining to Fox that he is a race baiter after he loses his belt, he will not be on TV either.

The guy needs to learn to shut his mouth and go out and entertain. He has more talent than he has shown the last few years but his ego is unbelievably inflated for his performances and he believes he is some unstoppable monster, when in reality he has just been a lucky fighter.

He's got potential to do a few movies but those offers will probably dry up like Ronda's movie career did. Hollywood loves ya when you're on top. I don't disagree with you much there but that last part about lucky. Come on...LeL. You don't beat the fighters he's beaten being "lucky". 

He's obviously very skilled and talented but i do agree with you that ego and the champion spotlight seems to be getting to him and will be his undoing soon enough. Very easy to lose focus in the hurt business and he definitely seems distracted. 

You're assuming Woodley is a better wrestler than GSP. That's one hell of an assumption, because no one has ever seen GSP out-wrestled. Maybe you are the retard.

Do you even watch this ****?

GSP was a dominant wrestler vs the likes of Dan HArdy, Nate Diaz and fraggle rock.

How did it work out for him vs Hendroids?

Woodly would not be out wrestled by GSP

Go back to being a deadbeat, MMA is not something you have a clue about

• Like 1

Do you even watch this ****?

GSP was a dominant wrestler vs the likes of Dan HArdy, Nate Diaz and fraggle rock.

How did it work out for him vs Hendroids?

Woodly would not be out wrestled by GSP

Go back to being a deadbeat, MMA is not something you have a clue about

It was pretty close, but in the end GSP did outgrapple the 3-time NCAA Division I national champion. I'm sure he would do just fine against the All-American.

Also, if I don't have a clue, a former amateur boxer and MMA practitioner...what does that make you?

Edited by Megasoup
  • Like 1

It was pretty close, but in the end GSP did outgrapple the 3-time NCAA Division I national champion. I'm sure he would do just fine against the All-American.

Also, if I don't have a clue, a former amateur boxer and MMA practitioner...what does that make you?

It makes you a pathetic stain on the sport.

Besides the fact you believe you were some sort of fighter in these sports when the reality is you were some bum who showed up to the bum fights.

But your knowledge of said sports make it even worse.

Go write a book, that would be something you could do well. I mean you write books and books of **** on these forums.

Start with one you know well.

How to live your life as a homeless, alcoholic, deadbeat parent and felon who master knowledge of MMA and Boxing have maid him zero dollars in his life.

I'm sure it'll be a best seller, you are an expert in those fields.

Here Soup, I will give you the hours and hours you will need to actually go google all the **** that is wrong with your MMA knowledge so you can try some witty reply.

Im going back to work so I can pay my way through life for me and my kids. Its fun, you should try it sometime.

• Like 1

Obviously Hardy is right or people would actually pay to watch Woodley fight. Every time he's near a mic he's crying about some **** that has zero to do with his lack of fanbase. He's so entitled and obnoxious that people won't even pay to see him lose. That takes skill of a sort.

• Like 2

Hardy is right. He'd also knock out Tyron

Not everyone can play the roll of trolling on this forum.

I think we need to rotate schedules.

• Like 1

Well is it controversial that Woodley is a cry-baby? I'm also not sure what is so impressive in his title reign so far. Nothing spectacular in there. Weidman has had a much better run and isn't constantly ****ing about money fights and being treated unfairly and ****.

Edited by Furiousmat

Well is it controversial that Woodley is a cry-baby? I'm also not sure what is so impressive in his title reign so far. Nothing spectacular in there. Weidman has had a much better run and isn't constantly ****ing about money fights and being treated unfairly and ****.

Weidman isnt black though so he didnt have that woe is me, I'm so mistreated card to play.