21 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:58 AM

hendricks.jpg

Few things in the recent history of MMA world champions have been quite as shocking as Johny Hendricks’ fall from grace. The former NCAA Division 1 wrestler out of Oklahoma State went from being a UFC champion with a record of 16-2 in his career to losing six of his last eight fights and being forced up a weight class after multiple misses.

On top of all this, Hendricks’ UFC contract has expired and he is currently a free agent. However, despite his uncertainty on whether or not he would be returning to the organization he was once a champion of, some signals are being given out that the UFC may still have interest reports Brett Okamoto:

"Ran into Johny Hendricks in Las Vegas today. He’s spending time at UFC PI, strength and conditioning and nutrition planning. Not even signed to UFC right now, but they invited him out. He’s considering 170 again. Believes he has plenty left."

With Hendricks’ recent record as of late, it would come as a fairly large surprise to see him re-sign with the UFC but one has to imagine that him still being invited to the performance institute is a good sign for him.

An even bigger surprise may be that he wants to potentially give 170 another go… Ever since moving up to middleweight he has spoken greatly about how much better it feels to not have to cut that weight(although he might have felt too good about it for his second to last fight against Tim Boetsch as he missed weight even at 185).

Who knows if we’ll see Hendricks back in the UFC for his next outing but as he told Luke Thomas last month, he’s pretty open to whatever right now:

"THAT’S THE THING, RIGHT NOW I DON’T KNOW WHERE. WHATEVER THE BEST WAY IS FOR ME. WE HAVE TALKED, IT JUST DEPENDS REALLY ON WHO’S MORE WILLING TO KEEP ME AROUND. AND THAT’S SORT OF WHERE MY HEADS AT. I KNOW I CAN STILL GET BETTER, I CAN STILL DO WHAT I WANT TO DO. WHENEVER MOST PEOPLE GET HICCUPS IN THEIR ROAD, THEY MOVE OFF AND VEER OFF TO SOMETHING ELSE. WHERE…BEING AN ATHLETE ALL MY LIFE, WHENEVER YOU RUN INTO HARD TIMES, LIKE FOR ME I CAN’T QUIT. I WANT TO PUT ON THE HEIGHT AND I CAN. I CAN. I JUST REALLY THINK THAT I HAVE A LOT MORE TO PROVE TO THIS WORLD THEN I HAVE.”

What do you think is next for the former UFC welterweight champion?

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 GoToGuy

GoToGuy
  • Free
  • 6,874 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:17 AM

He missed weight at MW ffs. He's lucky they didn't fire him then. 

He should retire.

• Decompoze, Eclipse76, ijosef and 3 others like this

#3 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,639 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:17 AM

lol, no chance fat boy

• Decompoze, Eclipse76, Bubba_Sparks and 2 others like this

#4 NoCakeForYaya

NoCakeForYaya
  • Free
  • 6,613 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:47 AM

Let's have Hendricks vs Gastellum at WW. Rumble Johnson can be the special referee with Lineker and Ray Borg on commentary.
  • Decompoze, Bubba_Sparks, King_Can! and 2 others like this

conair.gif?w=780

#5 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 55,917 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:01 AM

He should just quit fighting nature, blow up like Roy Nelson, and head off to Bellator to have a trilogy with the original.
  • Eclipse76, Bubba_Sparks, ijosef and 2 others like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#6 agtx

agtx
  • Free
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:11 AM

He's strong for ww division but the bigger mw guys can take his shots & can stuff his td attempts. He cant stop eating & he's been known to binge eat in secret too, what he really needs is for usada to go away so he can start winning again.

VoKJm_s-200x150.gif

#7 Decompoze

Decompoze
  • Free
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:13 AM

I hope they let him do it just so I can see him do the NoCake av one more time. It'll be an undercard match with no impact so fook it.

• Eclipse76 and NoCakeForYaya like this

#8 ijosef

ijosef
  • Free
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:59 AM

How many times have we heard that a fighter believes they "have plenty left", only to quickly learn that they, in fact, have nothing left?

Hendricks really struggled post-USADA, and there's little doubt that he was getting some help from supplements.

At the same time, what are his options other than fighting? He certainly doesn't know how to run a restaurant.

#9 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:01 AM

He should just quit fighting nature, blow up like Roy Nelson, and head off to Bellator to have a trilogy with the original.

I could totally see that.

• Eclipse76 and ijosef like this

Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#10 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 24,164 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:33 AM

Working out at the ufc gym just for the free food vouchers to use in their cafeteria
  • Eclipse76, ijosef, King_Can! and 2 others like this

#11 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,174 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

He's considering 170 again. 170 Kg?

• MoZZez, Eclipse76, ijosef and 2 others like this

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#12 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,034 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:43 AM

USADA is his real problem

• Rastajambo likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#13 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,639 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:17 AM

I'd say the IV ban hit him hard but that fook never got close enough to needing one
  • Eclipse76 and skillandpower like this

#14 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 13,194 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:37 PM

lol hendroids aint making 170 with usada and iv rehydration bans in the picture now

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#15 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,034 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

The lady on the back ground sitting inside the pool on red swimming suit .. that azz tho

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#16 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,895 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

Hendricks needs to stay away from the PI

brZ51I9.jpg

#17 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 26,925 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

The lady on the back ground sitting inside the pool on red swimming suit .. that azz tho

You need to get laid
  • Eclipse76, TheSinisterUrge, skillandpower and 1 other like this
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#18 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,034 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

You need to get laid

Because I noticed something like that ? lol

Ok then m8

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#19 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 55,917 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

You need to get laid

The thirst is real.
  • juice64011 and TheSinisterUrge like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#20 Furiousmat

Furiousmat
  • Free
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:39 AM

hendricks.jpg
Few things in the recent history of MMA world champions have been quite as shocking as Johny Hendricks’ fall from grace. The former NCAA Division 1 wrestler out of Oklahoma State went from being a UFC champion with a record of 16-2 in his career to losing six of his last eight fights and being forced up a weight class after multiple misses.

On top of all this, Hendricks’ UFC contract has expired and he is currently a free agent. However, despite his uncertainty on whether or not he would be returning to the organization he was once a champion of, some signals are being given out that the UFC may still have interest reports Brett Okamoto:

"Ran into Johny Hendricks in Las Vegas today. He’s spending time at UFC PI, strength and conditioning and nutrition planning. Not even signed to UFC right now, but they invited him out. He’s considering 170 again. Believes he has plenty left."

With Hendricks’ recent record as of late, it would come as a fairly large surprise to see him re-sign with the UFC but one has to imagine that him still being invited to the performance institute is a good sign for him.

An even bigger surprise may be that he wants to potentially give 170 another go… Ever since moving up to middleweight he has spoken greatly about how much better it feels to not have to cut that weight(although he might have felt too good about it for his second to last fight against Tim Boetsch as he missed weight even at 185).

Who knows if we’ll see Hendricks back in the UFC for his next outing but as he told Luke Thomas last month, he’s pretty open to whatever right now:

"THAT’S THE THING, RIGHT NOW I DON’T KNOW WHERE. WHATEVER THE BEST WAY IS FOR ME. WE HAVE TALKED, IT JUST DEPENDS REALLY ON WHO’S MORE WILLING TO KEEP ME AROUND. AND THAT’S SORT OF WHERE MY HEADS AT. I KNOW I CAN STILL GET BETTER, I CAN STILL DO WHAT I WANT TO DO. WHENEVER MOST PEOPLE GET HICCUPS IN THEIR ROAD, THEY MOVE OFF AND VEER OFF TO SOMETHING ELSE. WHERE…BEING AN ATHLETE ALL MY LIFE, WHENEVER YOU RUN INTO HARD TIMES, LIKE FOR ME I CAN’T QUIT. I WANT TO PUT ON THE HEIGHT AND I CAN. I CAN. I JUST REALLY THINK THAT I HAVE A LOT MORE TO PROVE TO THIS WORLD THEN I HAVE.”

What do you think is next for the former UFC welterweight champion?

I wish he applied all these wise words about not quitting to his **** diet.

#21 zaksame

zaksame
  • Free
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:56 AM

He looks  to be about 220.That was the ONLY thing he had was size,his skills are very low.He could never walk into that ring at 170..impossible,he would be easily 200 come fight day.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.

#22 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:55 AM

Johny needs the Ali G school of fat shaming to motivate him

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif