Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Jose Aldo Wants Showdown with Jeremy Stephens Next

123_Conor_McGregor_vs_Jose_Aldo.0.01.jpg

It felt like we would never see the days that the longtime featherweight ruler, Jose Aldo wouldn’t be in the title mix. But here we are.

After suffering two consecutive losses for the first time in his career, both by TKO(also a first) to current champion, Max Holloway, the consensus greatest featherweight of all time now finds himself having to climb his way back into title contention. Something he hasn’t had to do in over ten years.

Surprisingly enough, Aldo appears ready to get back at it as he shared who he would like to fight next and that would be none other than the streaking “Lil Heathen” Jeremy Stephens as MMAFighting reports that Aldo spoke on a Brazilian TV show recently and said, “I asked to fight him, he asked to fight me, so it will be a great fight. I’m waiting for them to set it up.”

10270756.jpg

According to Aldo, the UFC had an April date in mind but that was too soon for the former champion and wants to fight at UFC 224 which takes place in his home country of Brazil on May 12.

Aldo vs Stephens is indeed a great fight and one that makes plenty of sense right now with the landscape of 145.

If they make the fight who do you think takes it?

Aldo or Stephens?

Edited by Jolldan

RIPJose

MMA math is barley ever right but remember Frankie pretty much handled Stephens for three rounds and as much as I love Frankie he never looked more outmatched in a title fight than he did with Aldo.

• Like 3

MMA math is barley ever right but remember Frankie pretty much handled Stephens for three rounds and as much as I love Frankie he never looked more outmatched in a title fight than he did with Aldo.

Aldo's chin has been touched a lot as of late and that is not good if ya gonna be fighting Lil Heathen
  • Like 1

Good, ****ing good, about time we put to rest if Aldo is actually finished or if he is just loosing to fighters who were out of his league. Hopefully with another loss he is gone and sets up a nice little title shot for Stephens 

I actually got some respect for Aldo for actually wanting a killer like Jeremy.

I do have a question tho ...

WHO DA FOOK IS THAT GUY ????

• Like 2

lol Aldo was talking about boxing after fighting out his contract not long ago.  If Max Holiday is cleaning your clock that's not going to work out well.

Jeremy kills the poor bastard.

• Like 2

Aldo's chin has been touched a lot as of late and that is not good if ya gonna be fighting Lil Heathen

Plus Aldo's skills and heart seem to have decreased since fighting Frankie. Whereas Stephens seems to have gotten better.

• Like 1

Jeremy might literally send this idiot back to the favela in a body bag.

Edited by 12er™
  • Like 2

Would watch.  If Aldo gets starched then I'm happy.  If he wins and starts crying about not being appreciated and deserving a title shot and all that good stuffs then I'm happy again.