Sign in to follow this  
Taylor_Schonerstedt

JRE MMA Show #17 with Yoel Romero & Joey Diaz

Romero makes no sense with his explanation about the 'stool incident'

lel

Basically what I took from that is that he confirmed Tim Kennedy cheated and held his gloves to hit him(cheating)...so it was fair to get a little extra time. I think thats a pretty fair explanation.

• Like 2

Basically what I took from that is that he confirmed Tim Kennedy cheated and held his gloves to hit him(cheating)...so it was fair to get a little extra time. I think thats a pretty fair explanation.

Yes. I got what he meant but it seemed to me he was kind of 'embarrassed' to just say it. He should just say it lol

Yes. I got what he meant but it seemed to me he was kind of 'embarrassed' to just say it. He should just say it lol

he basically did, he said his manager doused him with water to make time....but the mastermind was the manager to make time and Yoel just went with the flow.

• Like 1

Now that JRMMA show is picking up steam im prob 100% done with Helwani's $hitty show. Sick of his weaseling and trying to bait his guest to give him gossip and scoops.

Dont trust anyone that cant speak english, never know what they are saying..

So the vast majority of the world lol?

• Like 2

This was the single greatest podcast in the history of podcasts. Joey "Coco" Diaz should be Yoel Romero's translator EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a microphone and/or camera in front of him. It was awesome chemistry and made for a super entertaining podcast. My only criticism is that they should've talked about UFC stuff more, as opposed to spending 3/4th of the podcast talking about his upbringing in Cuba and how he trained in his amateur wrestling days. Still, DEFINITELY worth going out of your way to watch if you haven't seen it already.

• Like 2

I thought it was a good one. One of the better ones in recent times along with John Danaher, Rickson and Bas. 

I liked hearing about his Cuban history but i also would have liked for them to talk about MMA a little more. 

• Like 3

I think Joe Rogan had trouble getting Yoel to articulate his mma questions...a few of Yoel's answers were just reaffirming what Rogan asked him instead of explaning background info.

Oh and i lol'ed hard nearly every time Yoel goes "LISTEN!" then takes 10 seconds to gather his thoughts and overcome the language barrier. 

• Like 3

Danaher is a UNIQUE personality, ain't he?? lol. Definitely made for a good podcast, though. Bas has been on 1,000 times and the Rickson (and the one with his son, Kron Gracie). I LOVE that he added an actual weekly MMA podcast. I get bored with the random scientists and conspiracy theorists, etc. on the show every week lol (sometimes those shows are cool though, too)

I thought it was a good one. One of the better ones in recent times along with John Danaher, Rickson and Bas. 

I liked hearing about his Cuban history but i also would have liked for them to talk about MMA a little more. 

Danaher is a UNIQUE personality, ain't he?? lol. Definitely made for a good podcast, though. Bas has been on 1,000 times and the Rickson (and the one with his son, Kron Gracie). I LOVE that he added an actual weekly MMA podcast. I get bored with the random scientists and conspiracy theorists, etc. on the show every week lol (sometimes those shows are cool though, too)

Yeah John is great. I'm not a star struck kinda guy and there aren't many people i'd like to meet that are celebs but he is one i'd love to have lunch with and just pick his brain for half an hour or so. If i ever take a trip to NYC i might have to try to make that happen. Would love to meet Renzo & Marcelo Garcia too. 

• Like 1

Met Yoel cageside in Orlando.

I tried to get a picture with him but he didn't really understand what i was trying to say so all he did was shake my hand and say "wassup man"

I took it for what it was and kept it moving.

Luke Rockhold is also right. His body frame is built like cement he is all rock.

Edited by CanPass
  • Like 2

Half of Joey's translations are worse versions of Yoel's poor English lmao

lol I slammed about 6 shots and smoked half a joint by the time they make it to like the 44 minute mark.  That back and forth translation has me in tears.  This is way more entertaining than whatever Netflix if featuring right now.

• Like 2