Self driving cars

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 America

America
  • Free
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:35 PM

Scare the chit out of me. Just reading about it makes me nauseous.

GM is talking about taking stearing wheels and gas and break pedals out of cars in the near future and that just adds to my paranoia.
34pz2qh.jpg

#2 sobercorrupt

sobercorrupt

THE NOTORIOUS

• Moderators
  • 59,486 posts
  • LocationD-Block

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:01 PM

I get the benefits of driverless cars but driving is such an ingrained part of American culture. I don't see how/why we would give up our freedom to drive.  All it will take is a couple of massive fatal failures and the industry will get sued in to submission.  

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#3 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,803 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

The software is growing exponentially and every major manufacturer is spending billions on developing independant systems. I was reading an article that in as little as 18 months some of these systems could be potentially thousands of times safer that a human driver, so its probably a case of too big now to fail.
  • chons and jaybird86 like this
nicolas_cage_breeze.0.gif

#4 sobercorrupt

sobercorrupt

THE NOTORIOUS

• Moderators
  • 59,486 posts
  • LocationD-Block

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

The software is growing exponentially and every major manufacturer is spending billions on developing independant systems. I was reading an article that in as little as 18 months some of these systems could be potentially thousands of times safer that a human driver, so its probably a case of too big now to fail.

So you'd willingly give up your ability to drive yourself places? 

• PlatinumClegg likes this

#5 America

America
  • Free
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

God no!

Could you imagine the panic of wondering if the damn car is gonna slow down for a curve or break in time when someone else stops in front of you, or swerving to miss something in the road?

This whole notion is scary as f*ck!
  • Yerbo, sobercorrupt and PlatinumClegg like this
34pz2qh.jpg

#6 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

Couple extra minutes of sleep in the van on the way to site ๐Ÿ˜

I'm still out in them. Maybe in a few years when they are common on the roads and proven safe would I be willing to try one. Until then I'd do it myself, I don't trust most people on the roads as there are far to many idiots out there.

If love to see how these things will deal with snow and the storms we can get.
  • sobercorrupt and jaybird86 like this

#7 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 54,741 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:24 PM

I get plunked by black people who aren't paying attention all the time. It can't be any worse.

• sobercorrupt likes this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#8 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

I get plunked by black people who aren't paying attention all the time. It can't be any worse.

Hire a certain guy from site here as your personal driver. He will beat those black guys within an inch of their life and only costs minimum wage to hire him.
  • cashfl0w likes this

#9 sobercorrupt

sobercorrupt

THE NOTORIOUS

• Moderators
  • 59,486 posts
  • LocationD-Block

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

I'd like to see big rigs be driverless for the most part, kinda.  Confined to the right lane.  

• Yerbo, IrishSemtex, cashfl0w and 1 other like this

#10 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 54,741 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

Hire a certain guy from site here as your personal driver. He will beat those black guys within an inch of their life and only costs minimum wage to hire him.

I've tried to give chase. The police will actively threaten you with charges on the phone, if you try.

Edited by cashfl0w, 12 March 2018 - 04:30 PM.

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png

amazin

#11 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,803 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

if someone could say this new system is quantifiably 3000% safer damn straight. Never have to worry about being tired, intoxicated, road rage. Turns your morning grind in traffic to a chill trip. As much as i love drivimg the positives far outweigh the negatives
  • bigdw35/Ufcfan_1, sobercorrupt and jaybird86 like this

#12 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

I'd like to see big rigs be driverless for the most part, kinda. Confined to the right lane.

I've seen some stuff (didn't look into it much I'll add) that theu have a few hundred on the road already and the testing is doing good. But one accident with those could be a huge pile of death
  • sobercorrupt likes this

#13 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,764 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:18 PM

I get the benefits of driverless cars but driving is such an ingrained part of American culture. I don't see how/why we would give up our freedom to drive.  All it will take is a couple of massive fatal failures and the industry will get sued in to submission. 

Isnt america the only country where 96.1% of cars produced are Automatics? americans so lazy they cant be bothered to drive using 2 hands, soon they can drive whilst holding a big gulp in 1 hand and a pistol in the other.

Edited by PunchBag, 12 March 2018 - 05:19 PM.

• Genki likes this

brZ51I9.jpg

#14 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 54,741 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

Isnt america the only country where 96.1% of cars produced are Automatics? americans so lazy they cant be bothered to drive using 2 hands, soon they can drive whilst holding a big gulp in 1 hand and a pistol in the other.

I'm convinced from your posts lately that you walked in on your woman getting pounded by two American BBCs.

• PunchBag, IrishSemtex, sobercorrupt and 3 others like this

amazin

#15 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

Self-driven cars could and would be tracked by our government at will, obviously.

What doesn't appear to be so obvious to some of you is that not only will they KNOW where you go, they will be able to CONTROL where you go. You see, you won't be able to go anywhere unless you input the location. Who is going to decide which locations will a be part of those options?

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

#16 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

Self-driven cars could and would be tracked by our government at will, obviously.

What doesn't appear to be so obvious to some of you is that not only will they KNOW where you go, they will be able to CONTROL where you go. You see, you won't be able to go anywhere unless you input the location. Who is going to decide which locations will a be part of those options?

I sometimes think if it is possible that you can get any more stupid, then you post this dribble.

Do you not think the Government does not already know where you go carrying a mobile gps in your pocket?

And do you believe the Google has asked the government to Google maps.

I can see it now.

Google: We would like to add 1328 east lake road to our program. Is this ok?

Government: That is fine

Google: We would like to add 1330 east lake road to our program. Is this ok?

Google: We would like to add MEGASOUP washing machine box that resides in the back ally of some dive bar in St Louis to our program. Is this ok?

Government: we do not agree. No homeless bums addresses are allowed. Delete now.

Good God you are stupid. Private companies are making these vehicles and will use software already in place that has mapped out roads and addresses, they will make tweeks for their cars and send them on their way.

Do you think the Government is going to tell Google that their cars have to drive by McDonald's and Wendy's, but no burger kings?

Get the **** out of here
  • Genki, cashfl0w and PlatinumClegg like this

#17 sobercorrupt

sobercorrupt

THE NOTORIOUS

• Moderators
  • 59,486 posts
  • LocationD-Block

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

okay?

• cashfl0w likes this

#18 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 4,866 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:54 PM

What I'd like to know is, will we still need car insurance? Or will the car come with it? There will definitely still be accidents, but if no one is driving how can the car owner be blamed?

• PlatinumClegg and jaybird86 like this

#19 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 4,866 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

Couple extra minutes of sleep in the van on the way to site

I'm still out in them. Maybe in a few years when they are common on the roads and proven safe would I be willing to try one. Until then I'd do it myself, I don't trust most people on the roads as there are far to many idiots out there.

If love to see how these things will deal with snow and the storms we can get.

They can't even deal with going through a car wash apparently hah.

#20 PlatinumClegg

PlatinumClegg

Suck it the bet was like a week, right?

• Free
  • 20,207 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:00 PM

You got sonned already but the government already knows if you have a phone.  It's annoying but it is what it is.  When I pull in BWW and then get on google on my phone it will ask me to confirm or deny if I'm at BWW.  I hit deny every time and it says "Your current location: Buffalo Wild Wings" with the goddamn address and everything. 

qUDIQwQ.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#21 PlatinumClegg

PlatinumClegg

• Free
  • 20,207 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:05 PM

What I'd like to know is, will we still need car insurance? Or will the car come with it? There will definitely still be accidents, but if no one is driving how can the car owner be blamed?

Good point.  If my car malfunctions do I have the ability to take control of it?  If there's no steering wheels or pedals what the **** do you do?

I agree with the OP I'd be a nervous wreck.

• Yerbo and jaybird86 like this

qUDIQwQ.gif

#22 America

America
  • Free
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:13 PM

Good point. If my car malfunctions do I have the ability to take control of it? If there's no steering wheels or pedals what the **** do you do?

For real. I would need a fist full of xanax just to drive to Kroger.
  • PlatinumClegg likes this
34pz2qh.jpg

#23 PlatinumClegg

PlatinumClegg

• Free
  • 20,207 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

For real. I would need a fist full of xanax just to drive to Kroger.

Maybe that's the idea.  If everyone is xanny bombed we won't even care how much the government is f***ing us in the as$ on a daily basis.

qUDIQwQ.gif

#24 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

You got sonned already but the government already knows if you have a phone. It's annoying but it is what it is. When I pull in BWW and then get on google on my phone it will ask me to confirm or deny if I'm at BWW. I hit deny every time and it says "Your current location: Buffalo Wild Wings" with the goddamn address and everything.

I got a little busy at work so wasn't able to respond. You boys are about to look silly in my next post.

conair.gif?w=780

#25 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

I sometimes think if it is possible that you can get any more stupid, then you post this dribble.

Do you not think the Government does not already know where you go carrying a mobile gps in your pocket?

And do you believe the Google has asked the government to Google maps.

I can see it now.

Google: We would like to add 1328 east lake road to our program. Is this ok?

Google: We would like to add 1330 east lake road to our program. Is this ok?

Google: We would like to add MEGASOUP washing machine box that resides in the back ally of some dive bar in St Louis to our program. Is this ok?

Government: we do not agree. No homeless bums addresses are allowed. Delete now.

Good God you are stupid. Private companies are making these vehicles and will use software already in place that has mapped out roads and addresses, they will make tweeks for their cars and send them on their way.

Do you think the Government is going to tell Google that their cars have to drive by McDonald's and Wendy's, but no burger kings?

Get the **** out of here

I can't post anything without your fairy **** trying to get my attention. I'm a bartender that lives in a different country who is of no consequence to you. Your obsession with me is very unmanly and it is textbook beta-male pettiness.

Alright, the obvious counter argument is that you can turn your phone off or leave it at home.

Okay?

Anyway, it's important that we maintain our independence. You have this weird argument that the government is already tracking your movements, so we might as well give them complete control. That's strange that you think that.

Alright, day to day, I don't really give a **** if the government sees that I go to the grocery store or that I go to work and back to my refrigerator box. Maybe one day drive my car to the pawn shop to sell my TV and the next day I ride my bike to the blood bank to sell my plasma, I don't know. I'm not thrilled, but what can I do?

But we may be entering dangerous times. In any relationship, whether it be with the government or an employer or a spouse or a drug dealer or cellmate, The more control you give the other person, the worse off you're probably going to be. And desperate times can call for desperate measures.

Here's some scenarios where you might not want to be tracked.

Someone raped your daughter and you know who it was. Maybe the law isn't doing anything about it. Or maybe you just want to take matters in your own hands. You're going to want to track this person down. Then when you find out what his schedule is, you're going to want to wait outside his apartment or his work or his favorite hang out and capture him when no one's around, at gun point maybe, or maybe knocking him over his head with a baseball bat, rendering him unconscious. And you're going to duck taped his hands and his feet and his mouth and throw him in the back of your truck and drive somewhere where he can't get away so you can do whatever you think you needs done to him for however long you think it needs to be done.

You probably don't want the government to be able to track your movements during all of this.

The cost of medicine, the cost of insurance has gotten out of your reach. You or someone you love has come down with an illness from the treatment is completely out of the reach of anyone but the nation's most wealthy. So overnight you start involving yourself in enterprises you never would've imagined, illegal and dangerous.

Donald Trump defeats Oprah Winfrey in 2020, finishes out his second term of the elections just keeps getting weirder and weirder, driven by an electorate who grew up on American idol and Facebook, a nation of nearly illiterate morons. The world as we know it is no longer the same and now people who are like you, whatever that might mean, are being hunted down by the government and taken to reeducation/concentration/refugee/firing squads , just as the Germans did to the Jews are the Russians did to political opponents or Turks did to the Armenians or every other African nation has done to which ever tribe opposed them and just as half these Muslim nations regularly do to each other. In other wordsโ€ฆ

โ€ฆ Something that has happened a thousand times in every corner of the globe since the dawn of time happens here, even though you were so sure it wouldn't. I think at a time like that would be nice to be able to throw your family and as much is you can carry in the back of a pick up truck and pray to God you don't get stopped at a checkpoint, figure out someway to cross over to a friendlier place or at least hide out in the woods.

Or heck, maybe it's just for a much smaller reason. Maybe you want to be able to go over to some weed house and by a little $50 bag. Heck, maybe the taxes on alcohol went sky high people started moon shining again are you don't want the government to find out where these hidden stills are. Heck there's all kinds of reasons. Use your imagination. Point is, most people don't want to government to know everything they do. And with these self driving cars, they will.

Edited by Megasoup, 12 March 2018 - 10:10 PM.

conair.gif?w=780

#26 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:46 PM

I can't post anything without your fairy **** trying to get my attention. I'm a bartender that lives in a different country who is of no consequence to you. Your obsession with me is very unmanly and it is textbook beta-male pettiness.

Alright, the obvious counter argument is that you can turn your phone off or leave it at home.

Okay?

Anyway, it's important that we maintain our independence. You have this weird argument that the government is already tracking your movements, so we might as well give them complete control. That's strange that you think that.

Alright, day to day, I don't really give a **** if the government sees that I go to the grocery store or that I go to work and back to my refrigerator box. Maybe one day drive my car to the pawn shop to sell my TV and the next day I ride my bike to the blood bank to sell my plasma, I don't know. I'm not thrilled, but what can I do?

But we may be entering dangerous times. In any relationship, whether it be with the government or an employer or a spouse or a drug dealer or cellmate, The more control you give the other person, the worse off you're probably going to be. And desperate times can call for desperate measures.

Here's some scenarios where you might not want to be tracked.

Someone raped your daughter and you know who it was. Maybe the law isn't doing anything about it. Or maybe you just want to take matters in your own hands. You're going to want to track this person down. Then when you find out what his schedule is, you're going to want to wait outside his apartment or his work or his favorite hang out and capture him when no one's around, at gun point maybe, or maybe knocking him over his head with a baseball bat, rendering him unconscious. And you're going to duck taped his hands and his feet and his mouth and throw him in the back of your truck and drive somewhere where he can't get away so you can do whatever you think you needs done to him for however long you think it needs to be done.

You probably don't want the government to be able to track your movements during all of this.

The cost of medicine, the cost of insurance has gotten out of your reach. You or someone you love has come down with an illness from the treatment is completely out of the reach of anyone but the nation's most wealthy. So overnight you start involving yourself in enterprises you never would've imagined, illegal and dangerous.

Donald Trump defeats Oprah Winfrey in 2020, finishes out his second term of the elections just keeps getting weirder and weirder, driven by an electorate who grew up on American idol and Facebook, a nation of nearly illiterate morons. The world as we know it is no longer the same and now people who are like you, whatever that might mean, are being hunted down by the government and taken to reeducation/concentration/refugee/firing squads , just as the Germans did to the Jews are the Russians did to political opponents or Turks did to the Armenians or every other African nation has done to which ever tribe opposed them and just as half these Muslim nations regularly do to each other. In other wordsโ€ฆ

โ€ฆ Something that has happened a thousand times in every corner of the globe since the dawn of time happens here, even though you were so sure it wouldn't. I think at a time like that would be nice to be able to throw your family and as much is you can carry in the back of a pick up truck and pray to God you don't get stopped at a checkpoint, figure out someway to cross over to a friendlier place or at least hide out in the woods.

Or heck, maybe it's just for a much smaller reason. Maybe you want to be able to go over to some weed house and by a little $50 bag. Heck, maybe the taxes on alcohol went sky high people started moon shining again are you don't want the government to find out where these hidden stills are. Heck there's all kinds of reasons. Use your imagination. Point is, most people don't want to government to know everything they do. And with these self driving cars, they will.

So tracking is bad because they can see you being a criminal in multiple ways.

Good to know.

#27 Enigma_Machine

Enigma_Machine

Supreme Overlord Extreme

• Moderators
  • 22,975 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:57 PM

As long as I can take back control whenever I want, I'm all for it. Seems like it will clear up a lot of congestion issues on the highways in my corner of the state.

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2
Survivor Series VIII - Sole survivor.

#28 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,803 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:08 PM

One thing that a lot of people dont seem to be aware of is that there are several companies now like uber that not only want to remove the driver from the equation but car ownership in general. 

That is something Im much less comfortable with, even though that also has a lot of benefits.

• Bubba_Sparks, amunera and jaybird86 like this

#29 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 27,375 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

One thing that a lot of people dont seem to be aware of is that there are several companies now like uber that not only want to remove the driver from the equation but car ownership in general.

That is something Im much less comfortable with, even though that also has a lot of benefits.

Why are you uncomfortable with it?
Most people's cars spend the vast majority of their time doing nothing. It's an inefficient use of an asset.

I absolutely love driving, but the projected savings in cost, time and lives are quite compelling to me. Culture will eat technology for breakfast though, so I see this taking a lot longer than expected to become mainstream.
  • Yerbo, amunera, TigerChamp and 1 other like this

#30 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 13,803 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:24 PM

Why are you uncomfortable with it?
Most people's cars spend the vast majority of their time doing nothing. It's an inefficient use of an asset.

I absolutely love driving, but the projected savings in cost, time and lives are quite compelling to me. Culture will eat technology for breakfast though, so I see this taking a lot longer than expected to become mainstream.

Thats the thing, its an illogical concern especially compared to the self driving issue and Im aware it doesnt really make sense, like you said, there are a lot of benefits, I think its an emotional response from old school thinking, I like knowing that I own my car and its available whenever I want it etc. even if the vast majority of the time its in my garage or parked at work.

The driving thing to me is a bit easier to explain, in Sydney traffic is shocking, like most large cities, and 90% of my driving is bumper to bumper, it's just not enjoyable. The idea of a safer journey, with better traffic flow, where I can relax and gather myself sounds wonderful, so Its a fair trade off for me in that regard.

• Enigma_Machine, StompGrind and Bubba_Sparks like this

#31 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 27,375 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:34 PM

Thats the thing, its an illogical concern especially compared to the self driving issue and Im aware it doesnt really make sense, like you said, there are a lot of benefits, I think its an emotional response from old school thinking, I like knowing that I own my car and its available whenever I want it etc. even if the vast majority of the time its in my garage or parked at work.

The driving thing to me is a bit easier to explain, in Sydney traffic is shocking, like most large cities, and 90% of my driving is bumper to bumper, it's just not enjoyable. The idea of a safer journey, with better traffic flow, where I can relax and gather myself sounds wonderful, so Its a fair trade off for me in that regard.

Yeah, I know what you mean...our cars are usually the most or second most valuable thing that we own. There is a certain comfort in the sense of freedom ownership gives.
  • TigerChamp likes this

#32 Enigma_Machine

Enigma_Machine

Supreme Overlord Extreme

• Moderators
  • 22,975 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:43 PM

For the average car owner I see no reason why they can't just go driverless. Driverless ubers sound badass too. Imagine after pre drinks heading to the club and the front and back seats face each other and your crew can just party it up on the way. 

For me, my car isn't just a method of getting from A to B. I actually modify my car myself, I'm learning how to modify and tune, exhaust, suspension, electronics etc... I'll even be working on fabrication type stuff and internal engine work in the near future. I also race my car recreationally as well as competitively so my point of view is naturally going to be a bit different to the typical car owner... 

I drive my car maybe once or twice a week usually only when I'm doing something specifically involved with it eg racing or car meets, so yeah driverless doesn't make sense for my own cars. For getting around I ride a bike because lane filtering is legal and I don't have to worry about traffic. So yeah, if everyone goes driverless except me and other fellow enthusiasts It'll be for the best  :P

• SVTContour98 and TigerChamp like this

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2
Survivor Series VIII - Sole survivor.

#33 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 4,866 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:43 AM

Good point.  If my car malfunctions do I have the ability to take control of it?  If there's no steering wheels or pedals what the **** do you do?

Even if the driver still maintained some control, if they are chilling and reading or whatever, and some bad chit happens there is no way you can react fast enough to save the day. I'm nervous just thinking about it hah. That said, would be nice not to have to pay car insurance ever again!

#34 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 37,585 posts
  • LocationIn your head m8. lol

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:46 AM

I h8 driving so i'm looking forward to it. It doesn't scare me in the slightest. The tech is already better than most drivers anyway and will only get better. I also have this take that when i die i die and i'm not afraid of that at all. 

That being said there should be a manual override in case of circumstantial conditions or glitches where i may be needed. 

Edited by StompGrind, 13 March 2018 - 01:47 AM.

I'm leaving because of you lol

25d535b5cc51ec48161a57bdf6de2110678cdb17

Get your head out your @ss m8. You ain't that important. 

#35 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 12,864 posts
  • Location๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜GSP's #1 Fan โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:36 AM

a self driving car that drives itself to the store and brings you home your groceries while you just sit at home in your underwear watching tv would be glorious

i guess now i'd be able to drink a 12 pack of beer legally in my car while doing my makeup and chatting on my phone and shaving and maybe give myself a manicure and watch a movie, and eating a foot long pizza sub all while driving through the city, and if i ever get in an accident ill just blame the car.  just like everybody else will if these self driving cars become a thing. . 

Edited by -idyb-, 13 March 2018 - 03:36 AM.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#36 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 4,449 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:41 AM

โ€‹Uber has had driverless vehicles all over the place here and they are always up and down the main drag where I work.  The drivers (or people sitting behind the wheel (because they aren't driving)) are just f*cking around on their phones or reading or I even saw one sleeping once.  They look very disinterested in taking control of the car if there is a malfunction.  Here is an article from last week about a unique challenge - potholes.  The car can't recognize them.  That in itself can cause accidents. 

http://www.post-gaze...es/201803110056

I think there are good things and bad things about them.  I still hold to the idea that by the time my daughter is 20, she'll be more robotic than human.

#37 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 4,449 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:48 AM

We already had a couple self driving car accidents here too - BUT once this technology has been fully developed, I think the true benefits will be realized.  I like to go 90 on a highway.  I'm not sure if you can set illegal speeds to these things either...

Accidents:

http://thehill.com/p...in-crash-report

This one is just an o sh!t moment where the car was hit by a truck running a light.

https://www.theverge...pittsburgh-ford

Both revealed that the accidents were not caused by the autonomous self driving capability though.

#38 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 18,788 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:11 AM

I finally bought a truck with an automatic transmission after more than 30 years of driving, and I now feel stupid for waiting so long!

• Yerbo likes this

#39 Jason_H.

Jason_H.
  • Free
  • 9,952 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:05 AM

I trust a self driving car more than I trust people out on the road. 

• Bubba_Sparks likes this

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the Bubba_Sparks Welcoming/Rehabillitation Team

#40 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 12,864 posts
  • Location๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ’† ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜GSP's #1 Fan โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ ๐ŸŽธ

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:06 AM

self driving cars just goes to show humanities faith in woman drivers.

Edited by -idyb-, 13 March 2018 - 08:06 AM.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#41 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,237 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:10 AM

I feel like its a good idea but its something that everyone needs to be in board with or no one can be, I wouldn't trust a self driving car beside me on the highway

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#42 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:10 AM

In truly developed countries cars for personal use should be unnecessary in the near future. The car industry is too influential though :)

I would also trust and algorithm more than I trust a human being when it comes to driving.

• chons likes this

Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#43 sobercorrupt

sobercorrupt

THE NOTORIOUS

• Moderators
  • 59,486 posts
  • LocationD-Block

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

In truly developed countries cars for personal use should be unnecessary in the near future. The car industry is too influential though :)

I would also trust and algorithm more than I trust a human being when it comes to driving.

When you go to work each day how far do you have to travel?

#44 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 27,375 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:15 AM

I feel like its a good idea but its something that everyone needs to be in board with or no one can be, I wouldn't trust a self driving car beside me on the highway

I think it can be introduced bit by bit.

First you can have dedicated lanes on motorways (freeways) for driver-less cars.  Whilst everyone else sits there in traffic jams looking miserable, the driver-less car lane whizzes past bumper to bumper at 70 MPH

Next you either build specific driver-less roads, or make certain main routes for driver-less cars only. 

Then you add a few more roads, and eventually you have a road network where driven cars are only allowed on the back-roads.

#45 TheSinisterUrge

TheSinisterUrge

12er's Favorite Hillbilly

• Free
  • 12,857 posts
  • LocationHampton Roads, VA

I've seen I, Robot. F*ck that noise, I don't want Google crashing my car just because I turned off Ad Sense.
  • SVTContour98, TwennyFo, -idyb- and 1 other like this

conair.gif?w=780

post-406774-0-78553500-1451782790.jpg

#46 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,237 posts

lets all focus on electric cars first. The fact that they've been invented and proven but are not being used by everyone is insanity

IRT/

giphy.gif

#47 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,237 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:16 AM

I think it can be introduced bit by bit.

First you can have dedicated lanes on motorways (freeways) for driver-less cars.  Whilst everyone else sits there in traffic jams looking miserable, the driver-less car lane whizzes past bumper to bumper at 70 MPH

Next you either build specific driver-less roads, or make certain main routes for driver-less cars only. 

Then you add a few more roads, and eventually you have a road network where driven cars are only allowed on the back-roads.

would solve a lot of issues, you could drink alcohol and travel much easier without risking a life, plus texting as well

IRT/

giphy.gif

#48 sobercorrupt

sobercorrupt

THE NOTORIOUS

• Moderators
  • 59,486 posts
  • LocationD-Block

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:18 AM

lets all focus on electric cars first. The fact that they've been invented and proven but are not being used by everyone is insanity

Because the super affordable all-electrics are ugly as ****.  

If Teslas were affordable I'd buy one for sure.  But even the Model 3 is kinda steep for most people

• Enigma_Machine and Bubba_Sparks like this

#49 amunera

amunera

It takes two to beef

• Free
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:19 AM

When you go to work each day how far do you have to travel?

less than 5k, so I can ride my bike 10-15 mins, go with public transportation in 20, jog in 30, or walk in an hour, a car would never come into question.

If I had a longer commute I would much rather seat in a train and read or do something else than drive, a car is just for the lazy people that cannot walk to the nearest public transportation stop (in countries where there is a good public transportation system, hence the truly developed countries)

I know that if I lived in the US unless I lived around 5k from work I would need a car. When I lived in texas, I tried to survive for the first couple of months on walking and public transportation and it was challenging, then I got my friends to drive me around and life did go a lot easier :P

• Yerbo, sobercorrupt and chons like this

Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
Fav:
HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez
conair.gif?w=780

#50 Bubba_Sparks

Bubba_Sparks

Respect the Legend

• Free
  • 27,375 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:20 AM

would solve a lot of issues, you could drink alcohol and travel much easier without risking a life, plus texting as well

It really would.  If you think about the "nirvana", it's pretty awesome.  You wake up in the morning, you've already set your smartphone to pre-order your driverless car to pick you up at 8.00 AM. It rocks up, takes you to work - the commute now takes half the time.  End of the day it picks you up, drops you home again.  You decide to take the missus out, order another one, it turns up in 5 minutes.  You don't have to worry about who's driving so you can both drink.  Another car then picks you up and drops you back home safe and sound.

That all replaces buying a car, servicing it, repairing it, insuring it, storing it, getting stuck in traffic, filling up with fuel etc. etc. 

The end goal is awesome.  It's the stuff along the way that will be an issue.