VertFTW

Vert's Bitcoin Thread

Totally agree with the first paragraph. Unless you've got the time to be staring at graphs on a daily basis the only things approaching a sure thing are longer term investments based on solid fundamentals.

Lol, I knew someone would hit the charts when I dropped that in... the only physical gold I've ever bought was the wife's wedding ring and it's our 10th anniversary tomorrow.

1000% is a conservative estimate ;)

Hah yeah, a good wife is worth a LOT! I Know, I've got one! Gratz on the 10th Bubba, Next year will be my 30th.....

• Like 1

Hah yeah, a good wife is worth a LOT! I Know, I've got one! Gratz on the 10th Bubba, Next year will be my 30th.....

Thanks yerbo... wow,30 years, good work!

• Like 1

Thanks yerbo... wow,30 years, good work!

I'm just along for the ride man, it's my wife that makes things work hah. Lord knows why?!

Edited by Yerbo
  • Like 1

Totally agree with the first paragraph. Unless you've got the time to be staring at graphs on a daily basis the only things approaching a sure thing are longer term investments based on solid fundamentals.

Lol, I knew someone would hit the charts when I dropped that in... the only physical gold I've ever bought was the wife's wedding ring and it's our 10th anniversary tomorrow.

1000% is a conservative estimate ;)

Sounds like you invested in some sort of miner stock? I think gold is in for another bull run especially since wall street/feds have dont everything they could to supress the price of gold the last 5 years...they are out of tools right now and the stock market bubble is in the process of deflating plus trade wars.

Bitcoin is also getting destroyed right now...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds like you invested in some sort of miner stock? I think gold is in for another bull run especially since wall street/feds have dont everything they could to supress the price of gold the last 5 years...they are out of tools right now and the stock market bubble is in the process of deflating plus trade wars.

Bitcoin is also getting destroyed right now...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Um... no, I didn't buy a miners stock I bought my wife a wedding ring.

I think gold will go on a run once the trade war escalates further. It's basically a hedge against global madness.

I used to post a lot on an investment site; the gold bugs were the absolute worst for being utterly convinced that it was the surest of sure things.

• Like 1

Here's some advice:

Nobody knows what the market is going to do. Don't act like YOU do.

Best advice i've seen in this thread to d8. 

• Like 1

Verge hacked lol if any of you had money in that scam coin

Not a penny.  

75% of my $$ is just farting around in ETH

didnt i warn you all the bitcoin would crash with the illegality of digital currency being imposed in china. The country that is the most heavily invested in the bitcoin phenomenon?

didnt i warn you all the bitcoin would crash with the illegality of digital currency being imposed in china. The country that is the most heavily invested in the bitcoin phenomenon?

I seriously doubt anyone in this thread has lost money, aside from Jason H.  

• Like 3

Um... no, I didn't buy a miners stock I bought my wife a wedding ring.

I think gold will go on a run once the trade war escalates further. It's basically a hedge against global madness.

I used to post a lot on an investment site; the gold bugs were the absolute worst for being utterly convinced that it was the surest of sure things.

Most of those people would probably be people who started paying attention around the time of the financial crisis, saw gold go up significantly for 2 years or so and thought it was the wave of the future. Not realising it was just a flight to safety and once the equities markets stabilised a bit it would fall again. Like with most people who become convinced of something, they can never shake it and admit their wrong even when the facts prove them otherwise so they just keep claiming it's still the wave of the future. Same thing happened with bitcoin, but instead of a flight to safety they were invested in their desire for a quick buck and willing to ignore the fact it's initial use was basically to launder money, something governments couldn't let continue. It either had to be regulated or outlawed, neither of which could end up well.

• Like 1

I seriously doubt anyone in this thread has lost money, aside from Jason H.  

Luckily, but money aside, there sure seemed to be a lot of people not seeing the downside coming.

Most of those people would probably be people who started paying attention around the time of the financial crisis, saw gold go up significantly for 2 years or so and thought it was the wave of the future. Not realising it was just a flight to safety and once the equities markets stabilised a bit it would fall again. Like with most people who become convinced of something, they can never shake it and admit their wrong even when the facts prove them otherwise so they just keep claiming it's still the wave of the future. Same thing happened with bitcoin, but instead of a flight to safety they were invested in their desire for a quick buck and willing to ignore the fact it's initial use was basically to launder money, something governments couldn't let continue. It either had to be regulated or outlawed, neither of which could end up well.

Pretty much.

The stupid thing is that most of them had physical gold anyway, so they couldn't even take advantage of the volatility.  One dude I used to argue with quite a bit was into all kind of weird and wonderful Elliott wave theories, Prechter charts, resonance history (seriously whacky) and a whole host of other gibberish.  I don't mind people wasting their own money but he was fanatical about trying to get everyone to sell any other investment to put it all into physical gold.  I think he even gave up his job to focus more time on `managing his portfolio'.

I suspect he's living in a cardboard box somewhere now.

I'm inherently suspicious of anything that seems too good to be true, and isn't backed by any sound fundamentals.  All about the long haul for me.

• Like 2

I may have lost some money so far but I'm not worried because I believe in crypto and what it will become.  TBH, I wish I had more spare money to throw at it. 

• Like 1

Pretty much.

The stupid thing is that most of them had physical gold anyway, so they couldn't even take advantage of the volatility.  One dude I used to argue with quite a bit was into all kind of weird and wonderful Elliott wave theories, Prechter charts, resonance history (seriously whacky) and a whole host of other gibberish.  I don't mind people wasting their own money but he was fanatical about trying to get everyone to sell any other investment to put it all into physical gold.  I think he even gave up his job to focus more time on `managing his portfolio'.

I suspect he's living in a cardboard box somewhere now.

I'm inherently suspicious of anything that seems too good to be true, and isn't backed by any sound fundamentals.  All about the long haul for me.

Seems the older people get the more like you and I become investment-wise hah. Was the gold guy younger? I can't believe someone who would put so much work into the charts would know so little about basic investment strategies.....live and learn I guess hah.

• Like 1

Seems the older people get the more like you and I become investment-wise hah. Was the gold guy younger? I can't believe someone who would put so much work into the charts would know so little about basic investment strategies.....live and learn I guess hah.

Lol, I certainly think that your attitude to risk changes as you get older. He was in his 40s, and I didn't like the way he tried to co-erce younger guys into gold. Probably the nearest thing I've ever had to an online battle with someone tbh.

Funny thing was that his whole resonance thing was linked to the Mayan long count calendar. He was utterly convinced it was all going to end in 2012 anyway. Guess that would give you a slightly different investment horizon than most!

• Like 1

Lol, I certainly think that your attitude to risk changes as you get older. He was in his 40s, and I didn't like the way he tried to co-erce younger guys into gold. Probably the nearest thing I've ever had to an online battle with someone tbh.

Funny thing was that his whole resonance thing was linked to the Mayan long count calendar. He was utterly convinced it was all going to end in 2012 anyway. Guess that would give you a slightly different investment horizon than most!

Mayan calendar huh? A tried and true investment strategy if I ever hear done! hah

• Like 1

I bought into bitcoin yesterday again...looks like crypto bear market is almost over.

Lets put the order in for a couple of lambo's bros.

I bought into bitcoin yesterday again...looks like crypto bear market is almost over.

Lets put the order in for a couple of lambo's bros.

you coincidentally bought bitcoin hours before it spikes $1k...

photo-thumb-469992.jpg?_r=1521990983

• Like 1

He's saying you're full of chit.

Oh like when you never post screen shots of your "bets" on bovada? lol got it

That's not a screenshot, but I don't even think you're that big of an idiot, and you didn't know that. You're just trying to lie.

Don't listen to them vert, they're just jealous of your impending lambo.

All you haterz-i also bought in a couple of days ago. Here's the proof.

10/04/18 18:39:15 Compraste 0.16287306 por $20,522.00MXN

• Like 2

That's not a screenshot, but I don't even think you're that big of an idiot, and you didn't know that. You're just trying to lie.

I know its not obv....but according to you its sufficient proof ....you have never shown hard evidence of your ****ty bets.

Don't listen to them vert, they're just jealous of your impending lambo.

All you haterz-i also bought in a couple of days ago. Here's the proof.

10/04/18 18:39:15 Compraste 0.16287306 por $20,522.00MXN

here's mine

11/04/18 15:24:08 Compraste 5.00 por $629,997.21MXN

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Like 3

I know its not obv....but according to you its sufficient proof ....you have never shown hard evidence of your **** bets.

I know that you're retarded, but I literally just said I had posted many screenshots. Plenty of people here have seen them..

So are you admitting you lied?

I know that you're retarded, but I literally just said I had posted many screenshots. Plenty of people here have seen them..

So are you admitting you lied?

you have never posted photo proof (Berzerker can confirm too). lol at your lies.

you have never posted photo proof (Berzerker can confirm too). lol at your lies.

Ask Sober, CC209, anybody but the clown who comes here to spam softcore pr0n gifs, and pretend he's balling on nickel bets.

You lied though. Thanks for confirmation.

• Like 2

I know its not obv....but according to you its sufficient proof ....you have never shown hard evidence of your **** bets.

He actually has though.
  • Like 3

Ask Sober, CC209, anybody but the clown who comes here to spam softcore pr0n gifs, and pretend he's balling on nickel bets.

You lied though. Thanks for confirmation.

you have questionable backup tbh.

• Like 1

Who cares who bought what???

Anyway, I'm hovering and dipping slightly around even money.  I hope it doesn't take off too soon because i actually want to buy a little bit more. 

Damn, I gambled after work and lost $400.  I should have just put that into bitcoin.  Oh well.

yeah bro, it might be too late if you havent already but have you gotten into any ALT scamcoins? I put a little on two and have made good profits.

yeah bro, it might be too late if you havent already but have you gotten into any ALT scamcoins? I put a little on two and have made good profits.

Good for you, man.  I'm strictly doing bitcoin only for now.  There are a few other coins that I do want to get into...maybe in a few weeks.

Ian BalinaVerified account @DiaryofaMadeMan

Crypto Family, I need you now more than ever. I ended today's live stream b/c I am being hacked. I'm not worried about the money. I learned my lesson. I only care about catching the hacker. Please email any information to ibalina88@gmail.com. Thank you all the support. $ETH $BTC

lol this dumb N lost about 2- 3m dollars....apparently lost his money bt leaving his private key on evernote...got hacked and lol rekd.....

• Like 1

Offloaded about 25% of my TRX for an 82.5% gain and 100% of my XVG for a 12% loss.  (Both ETH pairs)   

Good job bro, get out of those scam coins ASAP...Stay in BTC if you beleive in crypto.

Verge hacked lol if any of you had money in that scam coin

Not a penny.  

75% of my $$ is just farting around in ETH

Verge (XVG) up 150% since Sober dumped it (and Vert praised the move)....I expect another downswing since their "announcement" is about to happen.

• Like 1

Verge (XVG) up 150% since Sober dumped it (and Vert praised the move)....I expect another downswing since their "announcement" is about to happen.

yeah its run up is based on paid schills(McCaffe) and announcing fake partnerships to pump up the coin.Its crashing down as we speak...why would I want my friend to be a part of the 2nd biggest scam in crypto currently? (#1 scam is TRON right now btw)