VertFTW

Vert's Bitcoin Thread

I was just messing with Vert about the lambo, however, in spite of the recent news and events, I believe I can get that lambo in 10 years if I really wanted it. 

• Like 1

iota been surging for days now

just goes to show that most people dont care about the tech behind a coin....if they did people wouldnt touch IOTA with a 10 ft pole...

if anyone had listened to SVT on his TRON shilling they would have lost 20% as of today lol

you mean 4/30 when it was between $.08 and $.09?

What's it at right now?

so you're admitting you were wrong?  good, finally

no Im saying you need to do a better job....Canpass did a better job of recruiting bagholders for bitcoin.

anyways...do you think I should buy some TRON now? I think its going lower..

if anyone had listened to SVT on his TRON shilling they would have lost 20% as of today lol

you mean 4/30 when it was between $.08 and $.09?

What's it at right now?

You missed calling the top by a day....lol

so you're admitting you were wrong?  good, finally

no

yeah, and I'm the one no one should listen to...what an idiot

hmmmmm

photo-469992.jpg?_r=1521990983

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Like 2

No...absoultely not....IOTA is prob ranked in my top 5 scam coins in the top 100 (cryptocurrency market cap page).

if that's the case, then I'm going to throw more money at it soon

if that's the case, then I'm going to throw more money at it soon

well at least wait for it to hit about 2 bucks per coin lol....while you are at it try to use their sh*t wallet and let me know how that goes.

• Like 1

Ripple sued for securities violations :

https://t.co/C1fYaoEYUF

I certainly hope there's more than this:

According to the complaint, the plaintiff, an individual named Ryan Coffey, purchased 650 XRP on Jan. 5 and sold it on Jan. 18 of this year for USDT, which he then exchanged for USD, sustaining a loss of around 32 percent, or $551.89.

One of the points in the body of the lawsuit is that the plaintiff did not expect to lose money on his investment due to the promotional practices of Ripple Labs, i.e. retweeting favorable article about XRP and attendendance by Garlinghouse at crypto conferences

I certainly hope there's more than this:

If a judge confirms they(Ripple) commited securities fraud they will be toast in the US......I wouldnt be suprised if they(ripple) are under SEC investigation already.

If a judge confirms they(Ripple) commited securities fraud they will be toast in the US......I wouldnt be suprised if they(ripple) are under SEC investigation already.

I'd doubt it

Securities fraud, also known as stock fraud and investment fraud, is a deceptive practice in the stock or commodities markets that induces investors to make purchase or sale decisions on the basis of false information, frequently resulting in losses, in violation of securities laws.

hmmmmm was thinking....

Wouldnt it be safer to store my crypto in just a plain small laptop instead of buying a hardware wallet like trezor or nano S ledger?

seems retarded to buy gimmicky hardware and more likely to be spotted.hmmm

hmmmmm was thinking....

Wouldnt it be safer to store my crypto in just a plain small laptop instead of buying a hardware wallet like trezor or nano S ledger?

seems retarded to buy gimmicky hardware and more likely to be spotted.hmmm

Are you sure it's safer on a laptop?

• Like 1

When you connect them they are easier to spot for hackers

Can you provide some sources for me to read that confirm that? I've never heard of that and want to read more about it. Thx

I'm a noob but IMO LTC is the most solid coin to hold.  I don't have time to day trade and in all honesty, day trading doesn't really increase your earnings by that much unless you are really good at it.  Day traders just need to get burn one time and all the profits are wiped out whereas holding will yield a steady return. 

I'm a noob but IMO LTC is the most solid coin to hold.  I don't have time to day trade and in all honesty, day trading doesn't really increase your earnings by that much unless you are really good at it.  Day traders just need to get burn one time and all the profits are wiped out whereas holding will yield a steady return. 

you mean that scam coin that Charlie ¨Sold at ATH's" Lee shills? Its just a carbon copy of Bitcoin bro LOL Why not just stick with that even if its upside is lower?

Can you provide some sources for me to read that confirm that? I've never heard of that and want to read more about it. Thx

Im your source bro.

which is very concerning...anything other than your angus as the source?

Id rather use a laptop with a good wallet and have it off the network than a ledger nano or trezor that could easily get lost, wet, stolen, damaged etc 

When you connect to the internet a sniffer is more likely to detect the ledger as a potential target than a laptop.

He just parrots reddit

I read reddit but my ideas are original...I cite sources when necessary.

Edited by VertFTW

Id rather use a laptop with a good wallet and have it off the network than a ledger nano or trezor that could easily get lost, wet, stolen, damaged etc 

When you connect to the internet a sniffer is more likely to detect the ledger as a potential target than a laptop.

says WHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO

Is a paper wallet more secure than a laptop/cold storage drive?

hmmm

photo-thumb-469992.jpg?_r=1521990983

• Like 2

Also, I want to be the first to say it.  Bubba and Yerbo will invest in crypto within 2 years. 

I bet you your Lamborghini I don't!

Crypto is at the higher risk end of investments and my portfolio has got just about the right amount of high risk in it at the moment.  I've been steadily moving money from higher to lower risk over the last few years so I very much doubt that will change.

I'm getting old mate.  Ten years ago I'd have been all over crypto.

you mean that scam coin that Charlie ¨Sold at ATH's" Lee shills? Its just a carbon copy of Bitcoin bro LOL Why not just stick with that even if its upside is lower?

Can we get a list of coins that you believe are scams?  So as to make sure we do not fall into their traps?

Can we get a list of coins that you believe are scams?  So as to make sure we do not fall into their traps?

99% of coins are scams bro lol....

Only bitcoin is sorta ok.... the rest are scams....but that doesnt mean it may be worth riding the pump and dump schemes to make profits.

Dont beleive me? Show me a coin that actually doing what its supposed to and making profits for a company...Ill wait.

99% of coins are scams bro lol....

Only bitcoin is sorta ok.... the rest are scams....but that doesnt mean it may be worth riding the pump and dump schemes to make profits.

Dont beleive me? Show me a coin that actually doing what its supposed to and making profits for a company...Ill wait.

So the definition of a scam is NOT doing the bold above?  And you feel as tho a coin has to be making a separate company profits?

Am I understanding you?

• Like 1

So the definition of a scam is NOT doing the bold above?  And you feel as tho a coin has to be making a separate company profits?

Am I understanding you?

Show me a coin that is not a scam. Ill wait.

Lol

You cant label 99% of coins a scam and then request that I prove they are not a scam

Hahaha

sure I can....ill wait. lol

I bet you your Lamborghini I don't!

Crypto is at the higher risk end of investments and my portfolio has got just about the right amount of high risk in it at the moment.  I've been steadily moving money from higher to lower risk over the last few years so I very much doubt that will change.

I'm getting old mate.  Ten years ago I'd have been all over crypto.

You're about as old as I am.  There are still a lot of investments left in you.  My opinion still stands.  You will invest within 2 years.

• Like 1

Bubba, in case you change your mind in the next few months, here are some solid coins to invest in:  Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Neo, Cardano, Stellar Lumens, Ripple.  You can't go wrong with those.  Good luck, buddy. 

Even-though I didn't quote you, you are interested enough in crypto to look in this thread from time to time...and I bet you will find this post. 

Edited by Jason_H.
  • Like 1