VertFTW

Vert's Bitcoin Thread

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

Man, just give me $1000 of what you were going to invest off of Vert's advice, I'll punch you in the diϲk and we'll call it a day.  Save your money.

I'm not putting anymore into crypto.  I just wanted to hear what Vert will say.  

20 hours ago, Jason_H. said:

I'm not putting anymore into crypto.  I just wanted to hear what Vert will say.  

Good call bruh

Look into comodities for some good ops

On 4/2/2019 at 7:47 AM, VertFTW said:

giphy.gif

We back bruhs

wait bitcoin is going back up?

i dont care if cryptomining crashes or thrives any more.  i was able to get my strix rtx 2080 without having to sell a kidney to buy the card.   then again for over 1200 bucks of my canadian monopoly money it wasnt exactly cheap, but god knows what the price of the cards would be these days if that ethereum and bitcoin crap was still going strong

i dunno if all the crypto stuff just crashed hard or something, or if people switched to using different hardware to mine it. before it was all gpu's getting bought up by the masses of idiots trying to make a fast buck,  leaving all the gamers in the market left with the rest of the stock either unavailable or pretty much doubled in price.

Edited by -idyb-

57 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

wait bitcoin is going back up?

i dont care if cryptomining crashes or thrives any more.  i was able to get my strix rtx 2080 without having to sell a kidney to buy the card.   then again for over 1200 bucks of my canadian monopoly money it wasnt exactly cheap, but god knows what the price of the cards would be these days if that ethereum and bitcoin crap was still going strong

i dunno if all the crypto stuff just crashed hard or something, or if people switched to using different hardware to mine it. before it was all gpu's getting bought up by the masses of idiots trying to make a fast buck,  leaving all the gamers in the market left with the rest of the stock either unavailable or pretty much doubled in price.

Using gpu to mine is so 2017 lol

yeah im glad that seems to finally be over with so i didnt have to pay like an extra 500 bucks or some sh*t just to make my upgrade. 

did they all switch to asic's to mine with now or whats the deal? is it just getting too hard to mine or no longer profitable over the hardware and electricity costs?

Edited by -idyb-

18 hours ago, -idyb- said:

asic's to mine with now or whats the deal?

yeah asic but even that one is close to being obsolete since its not that profitable....im not that up to speed on mining.....just TA on coins.

I read that Bitcoin is up more than 100% from its low point a few months back and since the beginning of April has smashed through a huge number of key levels. I started investing in crypto a few years ago, at that time it was the right decision.

• Like 1

Anondran (@anondran) twitteó a las 10:55 a. m. on mar., jun. 25, 2019:
Can't take this anymore. Bitcoin is decimating my Altcoin bags.

Selling all my Alts to BTC before they drop another 50%....
(https://twitter.com/anondran/status/1143548170506366976?s=09)

lol

On 6/16/2019 at 2:28 PM, andyz said:

I read that Bitcoin is up more than 100% from its low point a few months back and since the beginning of April has smashed through a huge number of key levels. I started investing in crypto a few years ago, at that time it was the right decision.

LMFAO @VertFTW

• Like 1

lol I've got to make a discussion board post for my Macroeconomics class today on whether or not crypto is viable money.  

39 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

lol I've got to make a discussion board post for my Macroeconomics class today on whether or not crypto is viable money.  

Its not ATM just a avenue for degenerate gamblers like @CanPass for now

15 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Its not ATM just a avenue for degenerate gamblers like @CanPass for now

I just need to evaluate whether or not it serves these 3 functions of both fiat and commodity money.

Is Crypto a:

Medium of Exchange
Store of Value
Unit of Account

Discussion boards for school are cringier than this forum.  I can't wait to see the utterly moronic replies from my classmates though.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sobercuban said:

I just need to evaluate whether or not it serves these 3 functions of both fiat and commodity money.

Is Crypto a:

Medium of Exchange
Store of Value
Unit of Account

Discussion boards for school are cringier than this forum.  I can't wait to see the utterly moronic replies from my classmates though.  

I think me and Canpass prob disagree but basically my answer is absolutely NO in its current form.

Medium of exchange  - No because its waaaaaaay to volatile (see todays price action). .....nobody is going to want to part or take this "money" if it has huge fluctuations...too much risk.

Store of Value - Depends on your point of entry maybe Bitcoin is the only coin that could make a case here but if you bought at the top where canpass told us to buy lol you would be in the red right now.......again too much volatlity and speculation going on in the space...there are cryptos that are full blown scams without a working product.... there is no value there other than for day traders.

unit of account - nope, see reasons above. If you want to include stablecoins here then you have to account for the fact they are being created out of thin air without any backing whatsoever IE. Tether....

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

I think me and Canpass prob disagree but basically my answer is absolutely NO in its current form.

Medium of exchange  - No because its waaaaaaay to volatile (see todays price action). .....nobody is going to want to part or take this "money" if it has huge fluctuations...too much risk.

Store of Value - Depends on your point of entry maybe Bitcoin is the only coin that could make a case here but if you bought at the top where canpass told us to buy lol you would be in the red right now.......again too much volatlity and speculation going on in the space...there are cryptos that are full blown scams without a working product.... there is no value there other than for day traders.

unit of account - nope, see reasons above. If you want to include stablecoins here then you have to account for the fact they are being created out of thin air without any backing whatsoever IE. Tether....

I had to go off the textbook's definition for each of those, they painted a really broad definition.  Based on THEIR definition of Medium of Exchange and Unit of Account, I felt it fit those two.  The Store of Value is where I could see the argument for why it wouldn't fit their definition, and it crowded out my own argument.  So ultimately I said 2/3, not quite money.  

15 hours ago, VertFTW said:

LOL bitcoin just crashed 2k..... @CanPass was probably rekt again.

god dammit

just when i was about to start prostituting myself for bitcoin

guess ill have to dawn the cowboy hat and go back to hooking for cheeseburgers.  at least the burgers will always maintain a stable nutritional value

Edited by -idyb-

anyone else been stackin Satoshis during the crypto winter?

prepare yourselves

Did yall really think Bitcoin was dead?

D9WuaCCW4AMiOA_.jpg:large

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

anyone else been stackin Satoshis during the crypto winter?

prepare yourselves

Did yall really think Bitcoin was dead?

D9WuaCCW4AMiOA_.jpg:large

Ive been acumulating since april..also did 4x on LINK.....right now Im only in BTC.

nice...I've LINK since early 2018...cashed out on this high...i'm not sure what to think that "LINK/Google" deal tho...I still hodl alot of Alts (hoping for another Alt-season lol)...but been focusing on BTC in preparation for the 2020 Halvening...pretty interested to see what happens...hoping history repeats for a 3rd time.

I saw Peter Brandt, who called the $20k Top and 2018 crypto winter Low, is saying this could be a move to $100k (2021-ish timeframe)

31 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Ive been acumulating since april..also did 4x on LINK.....right now Im only in BTC.

AKA he got REKT on alts and had to restart over buying BTC.

LMAO!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CanPass said:

LMAO!!!!

LOL no.

If you recall I cashed out into fiat in early 2018 when Peter Brant confirmed the parabola was broken.... I can repost the links if you wish. I started to get back into Crypto in APril...See post above. First bought bitcoin then into Alts...mainly LINK in Mayish time and BAT but I missed the boat on that one.

When will you explain with detail how your clould mining inventment went? lulz

8 minutes ago, CanPass said:

LMAO!!!!

Alts got Super-Rekt....BTC dominance at 65% and climbing!  Has to come down at some point tho...bring on the Alt-Season!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

nice...I've LINK since early 2018...cashed out on this high...i'm not sure what to think that "LINK/Google" deal tho...I still hodl alot of Alts (hoping for another Alt-season lol)...but been focusing on BTC in preparation for the 2020 Halvening...pretty interested to see what happens...hoping history repeats for a 3rd time.

I saw Peter Brandt, who called the $20k Top and 2018 crypto winter Low, is saying this could be a move to $100k (2021-ish timeframe)

I think LINK is a scam but for speculation purposes google was a excellent vehicle to pump that coin up. So long as Tether and Bitfinex arent shut down I think BTC continues to climb.....keep in mind they are under investigation right now with NYAG.

1 minute ago, SVTContour98 said:

Alts got Super-Rekt....BTC dominance at 65% and climbing!  Has to come down at some point tho...bring on the Alt-Season!

Only expecting the "new" alts to pump in the future like Raven, BTT, LINK etc...

2 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Has to come down at some point tho...bring on the Alt-Season!

Don't know how or when if ever as much as before. Them ICO's what pushed it as high as it was but the SEC has put a stop on all that.

Most them alts are pure garbage outside of a few (Maybe 10).

Just now, VertFTW said:

lol @CanPass

Vert: how did you cloudmining invenstment go?

Canpass: giphy.gif

Except this was explained 2 years ago and old news. Actually just told SVT about it earlier today.

Still mad gotta start over on BTC at $10k price point?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

Only expecting the "new" alts to pump in the future like Raven, BTT, LINK etc...

yeah who knows...I've seen some say only new alts will go nuts (ICO type coins)...but I've seen others that expect the top10-top20 Alts to make runups as well...idk...just hodling as many as I can right now while they are deeply discounted in the hopes I got a few winners in the bag.  Focusing on BTC tho atm

1 minute ago, SVTContour98 said:

yeah who knows...I've seen some say only new alts will go nuts (ICO type coins)...but I've seen others that expect the top10-top20 Alts to make runups as well...idk...just hodling as many as I can right now while they are deeply discounted in the hopes I got a few winners in the bag.  Focusing on BTC tho atm

IEO's bruh...

HT could be interesting

that guy, Josh Rager, has made some good calls since earlier this year...might want to keep following him for a while...seems pretty level-headed and puts up some interesting statistics and charts.

2 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

that guy, Josh Rager, has made some good calls since earlier this year...might want to keep following him for a while...seems pretty level-headed and puts up some interesting statistics and charts.

I like him, tone vays and Peter Brandt for balanced tweets... ParabolicTrav for the btc coin shilling, cryptobirb, bitqueenbr, thewolfofallstreets and the cryptodog for alt coin scalping opps. Whalealert for big moves,  tetherprinters to know when pumps or dumps might be coming from bitfinex and a few others dedicated to IDing scams in crypto.

man Tone is straight still hatin' this rally...I'm not sure if he is even buying that crypto winter is over yet...haven't checked him in a few days.

16 minutes ago, CanPass said:

Except this was explained 2 years ago and old news. Actually just told SVT about it earlier today.

Still mad gotta start over on BTC at $10k price point?

nope lol you are lying....you explained that you invested into cloudmining...never told us how it went lol

12 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

nope lol you are lying....you explained that you invested into cloudmining...never told us how it went lol

I don't hold conversations  with basement  retard residents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2