Soulmates

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 14,316 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:22 PM

I don't believe in god or heaven or any kind of afterlife.  

I certainly hope I'm wrong.  I'd never be more happy to be wrong about anything.  

oh trust me you wont be too thrilled if you get reincarnated as a toilet seat at the local dive bar.  or a tampon for a fat chick.   or one of those weird sea fish organisms thing whos only purpose in life is to mate and then when they see another dimepiece to bang,  their penis falls off during the act and then they die.

Edited by -idyb-, 13 March 2018 - 08:22 PM.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#52 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:26 PM

I don't believe in god or heaven or any kind of afterlife.  

I certainly hope I'm wrong.  I'd never be more happy to be wrong about anything.  

Me as well.
I lost my grandma in sept 2014, and my kids mom July 2015.
Prior to that I have lost people I know, friends, other family not so close.

But My grandma helped to raise me and that was the first time my heart cracked. I was in a northern camp and couldnt make it back in time to say my goodbye. I sat and cried for about 2 hours in the room with her when I did finally get back about 14 hours later.

Same with my ex. I was a wreck for days before she died, and for a few weeks after. Now I remember throughout the weird times in life that just randomly smack you across the face.

Those 2 alone make me want to be wrong about my beliefs and that there is some sort of afterlife where they are waiting for me.

• Eclipse76, sobercuban, TwennyFo and 3 others like this

#53 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,634 posts
  • LocationChamp Champs home state

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

I lost my twin soul at precisely 19:48 pm in the evening, December the 5th 1990. It was a Wednesday.

I say i lost her but only as it pertains to this lifetime. There will be other lifetimes and i hope and pray that i find her again.

My biggest fear is that i may search for eternity, knowing she is out there but never finding her, but I only entertain such a notion when in my deepest darkest moments. I try to focus on the fact that we as a species know nothing about the true nature of time and space, because that ignorance means that for all I know she may literally be waiting for me join her the moment I shuffle off this mortal coil. I don't cling to that but it is a nice thought.

Here's the only thing I do know. I miss her every day, every moment of the day, and I will continue to do so until I draw my last breath. What happens beyond that is anyone guess. If there are more lives to lead, I hope i'm aware of the fact that she's out there, just as I was in this life.

I do often wonder in what form we might take when we meet again. Will it be in human form, as pure energy, as a spirit??

To be honest I don't care so much, just so long as we recognise each other again

Powerful post is powerful. I have those same feels a lot. I simply manage because it's what she would want. I think about her a lot and even dream about her but I've had to block it out because i fall apart sometimes when i think about her too much. 

I don't really believe in an afterlife or i'm militant agnostic at best. I'm really only open to it in the hope that we can be re-united again because in this life i know with a certainty i am little lost without my other better half. That's my only true comfort in this life. If we do meet again i just hope she understands while i may be a shell of my former self in this life it's only because i loved her with every fiber of my being and it's been difficult to say the least to move on and get back to my former self that died when she passed on. 

• TwennyFo, NetshadeX, *BEG* and 1 other like this

e323249005db0bcda6fa34bce037f98e.jpg

#54 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

A discussion I had with a buddy yesterday. He's on the science train too. While that makes sense it's still a depressing thought haha

Science and Deepak are about as related as Tupac and Vanilla Ice.

• chons and NetshadeX like this

#55 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,316 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:03 PM

Science and Deepak are about as related as Tupac and Vanilla Ice.

Ice Ice Biggie

• NetshadeX likes this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#56 *BEG*

*BEG*
  • Free
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:54 AM

Is that gonna your next av pic?

I saw it. I didn't buy it. Lol
  • jaybird86 likes this

#57 chons

chons
  • Free
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:35 AM

Fiction.

"Love is a neurochemical con job" 

• amunera and *BEG* like this

#58 TigerChamp

TigerChamp

Forum Champion

• Moderators
  • 14,090 posts
  • LocationGOATstraya

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:05 AM

nicolas_cage_breeze.0.gif

#59 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:58 PM

• StompGrind, Eclipse76 and Mandy-S like this

#60 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,634 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

How the memory of my ex makes me feel

How i feel about relationships now

Edited by StompGrind, 15 March 2018 - 07:29 PM.

• TwennyFo and Mandy-S like this

#61 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,989 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

photo-thumb-455848.jpg?_r=1520960583

You beat to me to it m8

Buahahahaha

Edited by skillandpower, 15 March 2018 - 08:04 PM.

• sobercuban and cashfl0w like this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#62 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,989 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:08 PM

Fiction but I do believe some ppl match with others.

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#63 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 12,989 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

DVuw0SZVoAAnmwB.jpg

• jaybird86 and Mandy-S like this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#64 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,316 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:24 AM

DVuw0SZVoAAnmwB.jpg

wow thats hotter than the chernobyl reactor when it exploded during the Bombardment of Kagoshima

Edited by -idyb-, 16 March 2018 - 12:26 AM.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#65 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Elite
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:41 AM

Don't they do a best kiss scene for some Hollywood award?  They should do one in sports too.

​I wonder if he's going to try to make out with knuckles, while he's picking up his teeth in Chicago...

Anything for $7

#66 *BEG*

*BEG*
  • Free
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

I lost my twin soul at precisely 19:48 pm in the evening, December the 5th 1990. It was a Wednesday.

I say i lost her but only as it pertains to this lifetime. There will be other lifetimes and i hope and pray that i find her again.

My biggest fear is that i may search for eternity, knowing she is out there but never finding her, but I only entertain such a notion when in my deepest darkest moments. I try to focus on the fact that we as a species know nothing about the true nature of time and space, because that ignorance means that for all I know she may literally be waiting for me join her the moment I shuffle off this mortal coil. I don't cling to that but it is a nice thought.

Here's the only thing I do know. I miss her every day, every moment of the day, and I will continue to do so until I draw my last breath. What happens beyond that is anyone guess. If there are more lives to lead, I hope i'm aware of the fact that she's out there, just as I was in this life.

I do often wonder in what form we might take when we meet again. Will it be in human form, as pure energy, as a spirit??

To be honest I don't care so much, just so long as we recognise each other again

This is so beautiful. I did some reading on twin souls and I think I believe in a mixture of soulmates and twin souls. Something in between. But I think there is one person out there for everyone that is your person. Some never find them. It's a different type of connection than the regular kind of being in love brings. I liken it to a type of feeling that you have in the beginning of all relationships but would typically fade away, yet with your person, it never fades. Passion is the best way to describe it. You can't shake it or escape it, even if you wanted to. They penetrate your being. They are at the front of your mind in everything you do. Their well being, what they might be doing. Nothing seems real until you share it with them. I think the most marked distinction might be how it feels in their absence. It's not a desperate feeling or anything like that, just more of a not feeling whole. Everything with this person lines up and it's like you are the same entity. I don't know any of this to be fact necessarily, but you know it when you find it. Just my view of it or what I think it should be, if it indeed exists.
  • StompGrind and TwennyFo like this

#67 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

This is so beautiful. I did some reading on twin souls and I think I believe in a mixture of soulmates and twin souls. Something in between. But I think there is one person out there for everyone that is your person. Some never find them. It's a different type of connection than the regular kind of being in love brings. I liken it to a type of feeling that you have in the beginning of all relationships but would typically fade away, yet with your person, it never fades. Passion is the best way to describe it. You can't shake it or escape it, even if you wanted to. They penetrate your being. They are at the front of your mind in everything you do. Their well being, what they might be doing. Nothing seems real until you share it with them. I think the most marked distinction might be how it feels in their absence. It's not a desperate feeling or anything like that, just more of a not feeling whole. Everything with this person lines up and it's like you are the same entity. I don't know any of this to be fact necessarily, but you know it when you find it. Just my view of it or what I think it should be, if it indeed exists.

Well put Beg. That's very much like it yet there is so much more. If i had to put it in a nutshell i would say its not so much twin souls as it is two halves of the same soul. There's the telepathic connection, the absolute knowing that we always were, we always are, and we always will be. 

I've got to be honest here. I've lived with the loss now for twenty eight years and as i write this my tears are flowing. My heart is breaking. Every day i bury the pain but i'm running out of the strength to do that any more. 

I need to find the strength to deal with this but i still can't listen to the song i posted for more than 30 seconds before i break down ( Highlander was 'our' film by the way, it holds a deep meaning to me that i could never describe )

The fact that i'm starting to talk about this, even though it's on an anonymous forum, can only be a good thing.

No one ever said life was meant to be easy but, it will always be better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. 

Edited by TwennyFo, 16 March 2018 - 02:20 PM.

• StompGrind, sobercuban and *BEG* like this

#68 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,634 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:35 PM

I've been told by someone that is into a lot of new age relationship stuff they call that a "twin flame" relationship. It differs from what people would call a soulmate which is more pleasant but less passionate.  Doesn't matter so much the label or what you believe about it but there certainly are different kinds of relationships. 

Mine was what i'd liken to a twin flame. It wasn't all lovey lovey sweet all the time. We got along good but there were some turbulent times as well and although we were a lot a like we were also mirror opposites in a lot of ways.  

Because of that we were FAR more intensely connected and passionate about each other. We were each other's mystery side like a puzzle that just fits together and shows/reflects in the other what they're lacking to grow stronger together and be better for it. We complimented each other so well in this way that whatever beefs we had simply didn't matter. When we were wrong we were wrong but oh so very right together if that makes sense. 

Edited by StompGrind, 16 March 2018 - 02:50 PM.

• TwennyFo and *BEG* like this

#69 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

I've been told by someone that is into a lot of new age relationship stuff they call that a "twin flame" relationship. It differs from what people would call a soulmate which is more pleasant but less passionate.  Doesn't matter so much the label or what you believe about it but there certainly are different kinds of relationships. 

Mine was what i'd liken to a twin flame. It wasn't all lovey lovey sweet all the time. We got along good but there were some turbulent times as well and although we were a lot a like we were also mirror opposites in a lot of ways.  

Because of that we were FAR more intensely connected and passionate about each other. We were each other's other mystery side like a puzzle that just fits together and shows the other what they're lacking to grow stronger together and be better for it. We complimented each other so well in this way that whatever beefs we had simply didn't matter. When we were wrong we were wrong but oh so very right together if that makes sense. 

Relationships are weird things stomp. The first girlfriend i had lasted for three years, from the age of 13 till 16. She two timed me numerous times and every time i was left hurt and confused so when we split up i promised myself that from that point on i was gonna be the one dishing out the pain.

When my dad died in my arms at the age of 19 i really went of the emotional rails and for two years i put my then girlfriend through hell. At the same time i was heavy into drugs, especially psychedelics, and retrospection, so when we split up i decided i needed to pay back some karma for all the pain i'd caused past girlfriends.

So i searched out particular women who i knew i had a weakness for and i went in with all my emotions wide open 100%. throughout all this time i kept up my deep meditation, trying to find the answers to the questions that my soul was asking of me.  Fast forward a number of years and i reached a place where i really believed i had paid back my spiritual karma with interest, and i finally decided that i would wait until i met the right one and that when i did i would know her as just that.

If she never came along i figured i would be happy to stay single. I had countless friends for company, comfort and support plus i've always been a loner at heart, someone who enjoys his own company so being single to me was no biggie.

And then, within a year, i met Karen. And then the reason for everything that had happened to me both good and bad, that had led me, us, to that point in time, where our paths met, became clear.   

• StompGrind, sobercuban and *BEG* like this

#70 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,634 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

Relationships are weird things stomp. The first girlfriend i had lasted for three years, from the age of 13 till 16. She two timed me numerous times and every time i was left hurt and confused so when we split up i promised myself that from that point on i was gonna be the one dishing out the pain.

When my dad died in my arms at the age of 19 i really went of the emotional rails and for two years i put my then girlfriend through hell. At the same time i was heavy into drugs, especially psychedelics, and retrospection, so when we split up i decided i needed to pay back some karma for all the pain i'd caused past girlfriends.

So i searched out particular women who i knew i had a weakness for and i went in with all my emotions wide open 100%. throughout all this time i kept up my deep meditation, trying to find the answers to the questions that my soul was asking of me.  Fast forward a number of years and i reached a place where i really believed i had paid back my spiritual karma with interest, and i finally decided that i would wait until i met the right one and that when i did i would know her as just that.

If she never came along i figured i would be happy to stay single. I had countless friends for company, comfort and support plus i've always been a loner at heart, someone who enjoys his own company so being single to me was no biggie.

And then, within a year, i met Karen. And then the reason for everything that had happened to me both good and bad, that had led me, us, to that point in time, where our paths met, became clear.   

They certainly are. As far as karmic debt i felt the same. I still don't know if i even believe in that or not but like you there were some relationships from my past as a young adult where i was pretty selfish & definitely too narcissistic then pay back i got a taste of. I matured after getting that dose of reality. lol

When i met my ex i just knew right away and i mean from the moment we made eye contact. She was pretty but she wasn't even that gorgeous or necessarily my type so to speak but there was just something irresistibly attractive about her to me that i just knew we had to be together. Everything about her i was instantly drawn to like she was the most beautiful fascinating creature i'd ever laid eyes on and when we talked we were lost in each other and our worlds just stopped.

She had this thing where she'd play coy and mysterious and i hated it but there was this fierceness about her too that was boss AF but never tyrannical. As we got to really know one another we'd kinda mildly annoy each other incessantly but most of our time together was fun playful teasing but every so often we did have our share of rocky moments where we'd damn near want to strangle each other but we always found a way to behave right at the right times and didn't cross any major boundaries. Even when we got pissed at each other we could always have a good laugh about it, hug and kiss it out and whatever that BS was that was going on at the time simply vanished because it didn't what matter but the love we shared so freely with each other was always stronger.  

She was my irresistible force, i was her unstoppable object and when we were together fk'ing fire works man. lol

1gJ5VQZ.gif

Edited by StompGrind, 16 March 2018 - 04:51 PM.

#71 *BEG*

*BEG*
  • Free
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:50 PM

Well put Beg. That's very much like it yet there is so much more. If i had to put it in a nutshell i would say its not so much twin souls as it is two halves of the same soul. There's the telepathic connection, the absolute knowing that we always were, we always are, and we always will be.

I've got to be honest here. I've lived with the loss now for twenty eight years and as i write this my tears are flowing. My heart is breaking. Every day i bury the pain but i'm running out of the strength to do that any more.

I need to find the strength to deal with this but i still can't listen to the song i posted for more than 30 seconds before i break down ( Highlander was 'our' film by the way, it holds a deep meaning to me that i could never describe )

The fact that i'm starting to talk about this, even though it's on an anonymous forum, can only be a good thing.

No one ever said life was meant to be easy but, it will always be better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

They certainly are. As far as karmic debt i felt the same. I still don't know if i even believe in that or not but like you there were some relationships from my past as a young adult where i was pretty selfish & definitely too narcissistic then pay back i got a taste of. I matured after getting that dose of reality. lol

When i met my ex i just knew right away and i mean from the moment we made eye contact. She was pretty but she wasn't even that gorgeous or necessarily my type so to speak but there was just something irresistibly attractive about her to me that i just knew we had to be together. Everything about her i was instantly drawn to like she was the most beautiful fascinating creature i'd ever laid eyes on and when we talked we were lost in each other and our worlds just stopped.

She had this thing where she'd play coy and mysterious and i hated it but there was this fierceness about her too that was boss AF but never tyrannical. As we got to really know one another we'd kinda mildly annoy each other incessantly but most of our time together was fun playful teasing but every so often we did have our share of rocky moments where we'd damn near want to strangle each other but we always found a way to behave right at the right times and didn't cross any major boundaries. Even when we got pissed at each other we could always have a good laugh about it, hug and kiss it out and whatever that BS was that was going on at the time simply vanished because it didn't what matter but the love we shared so freely with each other was always stronger.

She was my irresistible force, i was her unstoppable object and when we were together fk'ing fire works man. lol

1gJ5VQZ.gif

Wow. So much of this resonates with me. It occurs to me..perhaps one needs to be open to this type of connection. Like as a person in general. Especially when you speak about twin souls. If you are a negative personality or a skeptic, I don't know if you would be open to the gift that this brings. Even if it was there, you'd miss it. It's THAT deep and intense. Does that make sense to you guys?

Edited by *BEG*, 16 March 2018 - 06:55 PM.

#72 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,634 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:13 AM

Wow. So much of this resonates with me. It occurs to me..perhaps one needs to be open to this type of connection. Like as a person in general. Especially when you speak about twin souls. If you are a negative personality or a skeptic, I don't know if you would be open to the gift that this brings. Even if it was there, you'd miss it. It's THAT deep and intense. Does that make sense to you guys?

Most people are to shallow to receive gifts until it hits them like a ton of bricks. Most people never surrender enough to learn anything but they are missing something huge. Even when they do of course they forget because life moves on but certain gifts especially traumatic painful ones have a lasting effect that is at the forefront of person's heart/mind and really changes a person.  

If you come out of that with a humble attitude the understanding you gain with clarity is that every moment whether good, bad or indifferent is gone in a blink so NOW is the time and NOW is what is important. Every moment you exist is there for you to enjoy and love be it pain or pleasure makes no difference. What makes a difference is that you make the most of your moments not only in service to yourself but also to give back to others when it's needed. ^^ This is pure love for life which is living in the now like there is no tomorrow and it will carry over in everything you do. 

Here's the thing though. You can't exactly live like that all the time. People will think you're crazy and you probably will be if you don't keep it in check. It's hard to explain but it's a different wavelength and there is a tremendous pool of strength and freedom there that is uber attractive once you've experienced it you can never fully go back so you can't tune it out completely but you can't stay on that channel so to speak all the time because that signal is way too intense. 

If you try to explain that to people that aren't on that wavelength they'll never grasp it or worse mock it because they think they're so smart and know everything. People like that lack wisdom though and they're likely missing that pure joyful passionate heart part of life. It's a shame that stubbornness won't allow them to experience it because it is indeed wonderful in moderation. In the extreme it's a roller coaster but the heights you couldn't even imagine. It's absofk'inglutely magnificently breath taking but like i said you can only handle glimpses. Some can't even handle a glimpse but they're seriously missing out. 

Edited by StompGrind, 17 March 2018 - 11:14 AM.

#73 *BEG*

*BEG*
  • Free
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:02 PM

Most people are to shallow to receive gifts until it hits them like a ton of bricks. Most people never surrender enough to learn anything but they are missing something huge. Even when they do of course they forget because life moves on but certain gifts especially traumatic painful ones have a lasting effect that is at the forefront of person's heart/mind and really changes a person.

If you come out of that with a humble attitude the understanding you gain with clarity is that every moment whether good, bad or indifferent is gone in a blink so NOW is the time and NOW is what is important. Every moment you exist is there for you to enjoy and love be it pain or pleasure makes no difference. What makes a difference is that you make the most of your moments not only in service to yourself but also to give back to others when it's needed. ^^ This is pure love for life which is living in the now like there is no tomorrow and it will carry over in everything you do.

Here's the thing though. You can't exactly live like that all the time. People will think you're crazy and you probably will be if you don't keep it in check. It's hard to explain but it's a different wavelength and there is a tremendous pool of strength and freedom there that is uber attractive once you've experienced it you can never fully go back so you can't tune it out completely but you can't stay on that channel so to speak all the time because that signal is way too intense.

If you try to explain that to people that aren't on that wavelength they'll never grasp it or worse mock it because they think they're so smart and know everything. People like that lack wisdom though and they're likely missing that pure joyful passionate heart part of life. It's a shame that stubbornness won't allow them to experience it because it is indeed wonderful in moderation. In the extreme it's a roller coaster but the heights you couldn't even imagine. It's absofk'inglutely magnificently breath taking but like i said you can only handle glimpses. Some can't even handle a glimpse but they're seriously missing out.

Damn Stomp. I've tried to encapsulate this exact sentiment to someone before. I couldn't seem to do it. To be able to find the right words to describe what you just did. It's perfect. But you're right when even attempting to say how it feels...if you don't get it right it comes across like you're a nut job. Lol. Perhaps it's a different level of appreciation. I've often thought that. Empaths of varying degrees have that ability. The irony of that is because they feel so damn intensely in every facet of life, they also get hurt. It becomes a struggle to maintain their true empathetic nature and not become cold on account of that. I don't know if it is something you are born with or perhaps something that comes with bearing witness to trauma not only personally but within the world around us. It's an acuity of awareness in all things. But you've got one thing right. It's bloody intense.

Edited by *BEG*, 17 March 2018 - 01:04 PM.

#74 -idyb-

-idyb-

• Free
  • 14,316 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:00 AM

the fook did i just try to read?

alright thats enough internet for me today

• *BEG* likes this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

#75 sobercuban

sobercuban

HGIC

• Moderators
  • 61,582 posts
  • LocationGOAT

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:12 AM

Wow ..... this sounds like my story.  Everything from being 19 taking all sorts of drugs and hallucinogenics and treating my then girlfriend very poorly to being a loner at heart and not minding the single life to having that revelation that all the bad times I went through put in me in the position to meet my now wife. 

post-406774-0-75557900-1533750560.gif

post-406774-0-58737000-1534995991.jpg

#76 Omoplataypus

Omoplataypus

Still Kelvins #1 fan, he'll be back

• Free
  • 17,489 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

CRksIKhUEAATorK.jpg

Recently discovered this show and its p5p

#77 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

This is about as good a post as will ever grace this forum.

The force is strong with this one!

• StompGrind and *BEG* like this

#78 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,634 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:15 PM

This is about as good a post as will ever grace this forum.

The force is strong with this one!

I appreciate that and back at you in regard to some of the things we've discussed before that are hard to explain and yet you just know it's not totally your imagination getting carried away because you experienced some things that go beyond what your own rationale self tells you so you'd have to be mad as a box of spiders or a complete fool to simply ignore it.

Whether the source of that higher wave length i spoke about is some higher power or just your inner sub-conscious self you can tap into doesn't matter. I just think you can miss a lot of meaning to things if you try to always logic everything to death. I was guilty of that mindset a lot in the past but it made me feel really empty and i knew it was egotistical and my growth as a person stagnated when i got into that mindset too heavily. 

Edited by StompGrind, 18 March 2018 - 08:18 PM.

#79 TwennyFo

TwennyFo
  • Free
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:10 PM

I appreciate that and back at you in regard to some of the things we've discussed before that are hard to explain and yet you just know it's not totally your imagination getting carried away because you experienced some things that go beyond what your own rationale self tells you so you'd have to be mad as a box of spiders or a complete fool to simply ignore it.

Whether the source of that higher wave length i spoke about is some higher power or just your inner sub-conscious self you can tap into doesn't matter. I just think you can miss a lot of meaning to things if you try to always logic everything to death. I was guilty of that mindset a lot in the past but it made me feel really empty and i knew it was egotistical and my growth as a person stagnated when i got into that mindset too heavily. 

Back when I was in my early twenties I knew a character called Jesus Alan. He was an ex hells angel who saw visions and heard voices and somehow 'knew things', and he would preach to people about rights and wrongs and the reasons for life so people called him Jesus Alan.

Most folks thought he was nuts and just assumed the drugs he took had addled his brain but I felt a kinship to him the very first time I met him. We would speak long into the night about things such as we're discussing here and for a young kid, such as I was at the time, it was a blessing to know that at least one other person out there was as nuts as I was.

In actual fact it just further cemented the belief that I had in myself and my personal journey. In the beginning it was very easy to sometimes feel that maybe I was losing it but I had a belief that the things I was being shown, and the knowledge that was imparted to me were not simply the product of an over active imagination.

Here's something, I wonder if this resonates with you as it kinda ties into your point about logic.

Something would be troubling me, sometimes for weeks on end. A question, a niggle, right there at the back of my mind. almost like a whisper that would grow louder and louder until I could no longer ignore it. Eventually I would have to seek solitude in order to go deep within myself, looking not for answers but for the question.

Once I found the question my mind would race off, each answer would begat two more questions. The level of concentration I would apply as my mind raced at the speed of light was incredible, yet at the same time it was also simple, almost as if I were a mere spectator who had stepped out of myself to watch as all this happened.

Inevitably at the journeys end I would find myself back at the very beginning, back at the very first question. After using all that logic to find the 'truth' I would find that I intuitively already knew the truth, the truth i was searching for, before I even knew I was searching for it.

And yet I always had to go through the same process.

I guess I would describe myself as equal parts logic and intuition, but the truth is, in reality, my intuition always, always, has the final say.

Edit: Just as an aside about Jesus Alan. He told me I would meet my twin soul when I was thirty ( I was twenty one at the time ). He also told me she would die within a year. He was right on both counts. 

Edited by TwennyFo, 18 March 2018 - 10:14 PM.

• StompGrind and *BEG* like this

#80 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,634 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:11 AM

Back when I was in my early twenties I knew a character called Jesus Alan. He was an ex hells angel who saw visions and heard voices and somehow 'knew things', and he would preach to people about rights and wrongs and the reasons for life so people called him Jesus Alan.

Most folks thought he was nuts and just assumed the drugs he took had addled his brain but I felt a kinship to him the very first time I met him. We would speak long into the night about things such as we're discussing here and for a young kid, such as I was at the time, it was a blessing to know that at least one other person out there was as nuts as I was.

In actual fact it just further cemented the belief that I had in myself and my personal journey. In the beginning it was very easy to sometimes feel that maybe I was losing it but I had a belief that the things I was being shown, and the knowledge that was imparted to me were not simply the product of an over active imagination.

Here's something, I wonder if this resonates with you as it kinda ties into your point about logic.

Something would be troubling me, sometimes for weeks on end. A question, a niggle, right there at the back of my mind. almost like a whisper that would grow louder and louder until I could no longer ignore it. Eventually I would have to seek solitude in order to go deep within myself, looking not for answers but for the question.

Once I found the question my mind would race off, each answer would begat two more questions. The level of concentration I would apply as my mind raced at the speed of light was incredible, yet at the same time it was also simple, almost as if I were a mere spectator who had stepped out of myself to watch as all this happened.

Inevitably at the journeys end I would find myself back at the very beginning, back at the very first question. After using all that logic to find the 'truth' I would find that I intuitively already knew the truth, the truth i was searching for, before I even knew I was searching for it.

And yet I always had to go through the same process.

I guess I would describe myself as equal parts logic and intuition, but the truth is, in reality, my intuition always, always, has the final say.

Edit: Just as an aside about Jesus Alan. He told me I would meet my twin soul when I was thirty ( I was twenty one at the time ). He also told me she would die within a year. He was right on both counts. 

I can definitely relate about problem solving questions and getting back to square one then kinda feeling stupid for how simple the answer was. It's a process for me though that I've used during meditation that i need to go through sometimes to make sense of some things. As far as intuition vs logic most of the time i'm a little of both but there are times when i'm in the zone with my intuition and i just know things about people or circumstances like i have fooking spidey senses or something. Other times it gets me in trouble jumping to conclusions lol

That being said i probably need to stop talking about this chit for now. I had a dream about her the other night and when i woke up i started crying not full balling but still. < This is VERY rare for me to get that emotional and maybe i needed to but yeah it's kinda driving me nuts missing her and thinking about her all the time. Not sure if i can ever completely move on but yeah i need to move on.