Sign in to follow this  
Yerbo

"The Onion".....

Anyone else here read "The Onion"? That site has some hilarious stuff. Has to be the best satire around. Like this "article".....

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

PARKLAND, FL—In the hours following a violent rampage in Florida in which a lone attacker killed 17 individuals and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Wednesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Indiana resident Harold Turner, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this individual from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

It seems they publish the same article after every mass shooting, with the place of the shooting changed and the names of the people "interviewed" in the story changed.

Edited by Yerbo
  • Like 3

at first i got trolled hard by one of the articles on that site. now every time i see that site pop up under a weird headline i always read it for the laughs

• Like 2

at first i got trolled hard by one of the articles on that site. now every time i see that site pop up under a weird headline i always read it for the laughs

Yeah it's some funny chit for sure. And it does a good job of making you think about serious stuff, especially politics, while laughing at the same time hah.

• Like 1

Yeah it's some funny chit for sure. And it does a good job of making you think about serious stuff, especially politics, while laughing at the same time hah.

the daily mash is my go to for satirical piss taking
  • Like 1

i think it was theonion that put out the article the other day about the canadian who was viciously raped by a 20 pound beaver

but its always  still going to be real to me!

• Like 1