Sign in to follow this  
MattBoone1984

Bas Rutten Breaks Down Namajunas-Jedrzejczyk, Ferguson-Nurmagomedov Fights At UFC 223

Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, multiple-time King of Pancrase and PRIDE announcer Bas Rutten spoke with MMANews.com's Fernando Quiles Jr. over the weekend. During the interview, "El Guapo" gave his breakdown of the rematch between "Thug" Rose Namajunas and former champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the UFC Women's Strawweight Championship.

“That’s gonna be very hard," said Rutten. "Rose and Joanna I think is gonna be a different fight. I think Jedrzejczyk now really knows that she has to watch out. I think it’s gonna be much more competitive. I didn’t expect that Rose was unbelievable (with her timing in the first fight). The way she landed that left hook, that gave her a little boost. She’s the champ now she wants to stay the champ of course so that’s gonna make her stronger. But then of course, Jedrzejczyk wants her title back and she’s an animal so I wonder what this fight is going to do. I think Jedrzejczyk learned to stomp out the trash talking a little bit. Focus on the fight, that’s why I never trash talked because you bring all this pressure on yourself.”

Bas also broke down the UFC Lightweight Championship bout between interim champion Tony Ferguson and 25-0 killer Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223. Check out his breakdown on that fight at  http://www.mmanews.com/bas-rutten-breaks-down-ufc-223s-two-title-fights-exclusive/

you know when your website fails you're supposed to reimage and rebrand it right?

im refer you to cashflow's IT dept.

• Like 2

I liked Firas's breakdown much better

Paperboy Boone comes out of the woodworks, still better than FH tho

• Like 1

Yeah he didn't really say much about either fight.

I feel Joanna made a terrible excuse claiming it was her teams/conditioning coach who cost her that fight.First of all,if you need a person to help you lose weight to CHEAT the weight class you are not a true athlete and not a true champion.So what now Joanna is going to come in the bigger stronger fighter and thinks that earns her respect as a champion,not from me.

Tony versus Khabib imo will be determined by two things.

1 Does Khabib pace himself or go for the fast finish.

2 If goes 4-5 rounds will Tony takeover and win or even finish Khabib because khabib has NEVER gone 5 rounds.

• Like 1

Yeah he didn't really say much about either fight.

I feel Joanna made a terrible excuse claiming it was her teams/conditioning coach who cost her that fight.First of all,if you need a person to help you lose weight to CHEAT the weight class you are not a true athlete and not a true champion.So what now Joanna is going to come in the bigger stronger fighter and thinks that earns her respect as a champion,not from me.

Tony versus Khabib imo will be determined by two things.

1 Does Khabib pace himself or go for the fast finish.

2 If goes 4-5 rounds will Tony takeover and win or even finish Khabib because khabib has NEVER gone 5 rounds.

Look at khabibs output.

Don’t think two more rounds gonna make much of a difference.

... so vegas has branded the 1st fight a fluke & thugga is the dawg agin' w/ JJ @ -120,

not watching, like thug but don't care bout wimz, kitchen wenches -