Sign in to follow this  
Mcmax3000

UFC 223: Nurmagomedov vs. Iaquinta - Official Discussion Thread

Bruh... Daniel didn't win a gold medal at the Olympics. :(

I went Full Soup and started making up facts. lol
  • Like 1

Joanna getting boo'd at the presser, big difference now compared to before the Rose fight

She's always been a jerk but now she's a jerk without a belt that got smashed and gifted a BS rematch so the booing is justified.

• Like 3

She's always been a jerk but now she's a jerk without a belt that got smashed and gifted a BS rematch so the booing is justified.

Nah she deserves a rematch, unlike Cody, she defended that belt 5 times after all and was without a doubt the champ, still see Rose doing exactly what she did in the first fight

• Like 2

Nah she deserves a rematch, unlike Cody, she defended that belt 5 times after all and was without a doubt the champ, still see Rose doing exactly what she did in the first fight

giphy.gif

Barring a ref/judge mistake or a really close fight I don't think anyone deserves a rematch. There are plenty of other fighters. Constant rematches suck.
  • Like 2

Barring a ref/judge mistake or a really close fight I don't think anyone deserves a rematch. There are plenty of other fighters. Constant rematches suck.

There is literally no one else in that division right at this moment, that deserves a shot though, Andrade lost to Joanna same as Claudia and Karolina, Tecia just lost as with Carla and Waterson and Herrig is fighting Karolina..... Joanna is literally the only fighter worthy in the top 15 that she either has not recently beat or has recently lost. 

Moicano taking big money -105, still slight dawg, looking forward to this one

I will take renato

Hopefully give cash flow a little spank on the way by. Moicano and Ortega was pretty back and forth and I’m hoping for some kind of sign of moicano skill

• Like 1

There is literally no one else in that division right at this moment, that deserves a shot though, Andrade lost to Joanna same as Claudia and Karolina, Tecia just lost as with Carla and Waterson and Herrig is fighting Karolina..... Joanna is literally the only fighter worthy in the top 15 that she either has not recently beat or has recently lost.

If Andrade isn't worthy because she lost to Joanna then Joanna isn't worthy because she just lost to Rose.

Andrade is 5-1 at strawweight and just wrecked two top 5 fighters in Gadelha and Torres. I don't know how that doesnt make her worthy.

• Like 3

I will take renato

Hopefully give cash flow a little spank on the way by. Moicano and Ortega was pretty back and forth and I’m hoping for some kind of sign of moicano skill

Calvin has come a long way quickly, Carneiro from the layoff 3rd rd sub loss/ trying to leapfrog back into contention,

bad spot imo/ Kattar don't know from mma politics & what u don't know won't hurt you . I would want at least +155

Renato' they are very similar size-wize, no adv. there - Carneiro has black-belts m/t & bjj and has never been ko'd -

pickem'/ not betting

• Like 1

being from NY, I'm all about the leapfrog ... but Moicano should have taken a tuner,

these mma shortcuts rarely work out,, the ufc kills 2 peacox with 1 ruby here -

Edited by Bezerker101

If someone gets finished they dont deserve a rematch period I dont care how long they've held the belt. Work your way back up or **** off.

Instant rematches should only be for controversial/split decisions.

I dodged a bullet.

Looks like chose the right event to attend this weekend.

Almost went to this chit show.

• Like 1

I dodged a bullet.

Looks like chose the right event to attend this weekend.

Almost went to this chit show.

more mma stars are at wrestlemania than at the ufc

you got Brock and Ronda

• Like 1

I feel bad for the fighters that lost out on fights because of this BS, but I’d be lying if I said the idea of having 90 minutes less to watch during Wrestlemania weekend makes me sad.

• Like 2

I feel bad for the fighters that lost out on fights because of this BS, but I’d be lying if I said the idea of having 90 minutes less to watch during Wrestlemania weekend makes me sad.

youd also be lying if you told us mcmax you arent sad that Lobov has been removed from the card

• Like 2

youd also be lying if you told us mcmax you arent sad that Lobov has been removed from the card

I wanted to see a double KO
  • Like 1

They should do Pettis vs Bruce Leeroy. I'm taking Bruce

Please. That clown would turn into a wrestler and get strangled.

Aaron Bronsteter @aaronbronsteter
FollowFollow @aaronbronsteter
More

The UFC have updated the #UFC223 fight card. Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Kyle Bochniak moved to the main card, Rawlings vs Evans-Smith moved to the prelims, which airs at 8 pm et on TSN5

288387.png

Main Card

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET

Max Holloway vs Khabib Nurmagomedov – for lightweight title

Rose Namajunas vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk – for women's strawweight title

Calvin Kattar vs Renato Moicano

Kyle Bochniak vs Zabit Magomedsharipov

Paul Felder vs Al Iaquinta

Preliminary Card

FS1, 8 p.m. ET

Felice Herrig vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz

Chris Gruetzemacher vs Joe Lauzon