ReturnoftheSoup

Everyone should start doing this.

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • No

I'm looking for something new to do that doesn't involve staring at my phone or looking at a computer screen or spending money. I think I'm actually going to start doing this.

• Like 1

With my bum knee, I think I'll just stick to coaching wrestling. It makes for good exercise so far. I don't think flips and cartwheels are going to help my plight.

• Like 2

Here is an activity that fits your criteria.  Go jump in a lake.  If you really want to challenge yourself, chain a cinder block to your ankle.

• Like 4

Here is an activity that fits your criteria.  Go jump in a lake.  If you really want to challenge yourself, chain a cinder block to your ankle.

That's not very nice. 

Regards

PC

• Like 4

That's not very nice. 

Regards

PC

that wasn't necessarily pointed at any particular individual.  That could go to anyone in their twenties, thirties or forties, who thinks waking up one day and doing flips as a hobby is something that should be pursued by his friends.

• Like 3

That could go to anyone in their twenties, thirties or forties, who thinks waking up one day and doing flips as a hobby is something that should be pursued by his friends.

As opposed to what? Drinking at a bar? Watching TV? Looking at your phone?

As opposed to what? Drinking at a bar? Watching TV? Looking at your phone?

Those things are all terrible. 

Better suggestion than the lake would be to have a kid.  I always have something to do. 

We're built to move 3-dimensionally.

Far too much training these days involves very short, static movements that do not play to our natural strengths.

I'm a big fan of anything that involves natural movement.  Most people on this fora would be healthier and cooler if they could do even half of these moves.

• Like 2

^ Right after I posted that, I did a set of one-legged Romanian split squats with a 40 pound dumbbell in each hand.

I don't have a gym membership. I'm just thinking about exercise and maybe even a little bit of fun. Push-ups and pull-ups all the time I kind of boring, probably makes a middle-age guy a little stiff, anyway.

I let myself go these last couple years but generally I like to be in shape. If exercise and fun and growth isn't something that interests you, that's cool.

• Like 1

^ Right after I posted that, I did a set of one-legged Romanian split squats with a 40 pound dumbbell in each hand.

I don't have a gym membership. I'm just thinking about exercise and maybe even a little bit of fun. Push-ups and pull-ups all the time I kind of boring, probably makes a middle-age guy a little stiff, anyway.

I let myself go these last couple years but generally I like to be in shape. If exercise and fun and growth isn't something that interests you, that's cool.

The guy who wrote Born to Run also wrote a book called Natural Born Heroes.  It's not as good, but he talks a lot about how we've lost our focus on natural movement, co-ordination and timing.  Talks a lot about the benefits of Parkour...it kind of appeals but I'm thinking I'm a bit old to be jumping off walls with a hoody on.

There's also a lot to be said for learning something new; this ticks both boxes for me.

• Like 1

Those things are all terrible.

Better suggestion than the lake would be to have a kid. I always have something to do.

I kid would get a real kick out of watching his dad do this and it will be one hell of a bonding experience for you to teach him how to do these moves himself.

I'm sure you're completely devoted to your kid and your job and you never, ever, ever watch TV or screw around on the phone or go to bars or just generally sit around. But most people aren't like that, and this is a nice, healthy and positive thing to do for a change.

• Like 1

The guy who wrote Born to Run also wrote a book called Natural Born Heroes. It's not as good, but he talks a lot about how we've lost our focus on natural movement, co-ordination and timing. Talks a lot about the benefits of Parkour...it kind of appeals but I'm thinking I'm a bit old to be jumping off walls with a hoody on.

There's also a lot to be said for learning something new; this ticks both boxes for me.

Posting on here between sets…

I swear to God, I had you and Stomp both in mind when I posted this video on the Internet. You two are by far the best and most interesting posters on the forum.

I kid would get a real kick out of watching his dad do this and it will be one hell of a bonding experience for you to teach him how to do these moves himself.

I'm sure you're completely devoted to your kid and your job and you never, ever, ever watch TV or screw around on the phone or go to bars or just generally sit around. But most people aren't like that, and this is a nice, healthy and positive thing to do for a change.

I get dizzy doing flips at this point.  I'll do a somersault for her but that's it.

• Like 1

I didn't watch. How dare you try to click bait me?

this.

also voted no

I haven't made it past the cartwheel.

pretty much what i was gonna say

when i was a kid i would do flips and spinning chit.  these days oh hell no i'd  be too worried about f*cking myself up and being in the hospital and no longer being able to lift a beer to my face.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

I'm looking for something new to do that doesn't involve staring at my phone or looking at a computer screen or spending money. I think I'm actually going to start doing this.

What happened to your professional MMA gear and training and boxing and cycling and....

Think you get the gist of it.

• Like 1

Everyone should not take advice from a wigger f@ggot who fits every black stereotype perfectly.

Runs out on family-check

Cant hold a job-check

Complains about the race of people more successful-check

Can't legaly drive-check

Has a felony-check

The list goes on.

Edited by America
  • Like 4

Everyone should not take advice from a wigger f@ggot who fits every black stereotype perfectly.

Runs out on family-check

Cant hold a job-check

Complains about the race of people more successful-check

Can't legaly drive-check

Has a felony-check

The list goes on.

Carries an illegal firearm-check
  • Like 3

Very good tutorial.  I think I am still agile enough to learn all these moves if I start exercising again.  I was able to do the flare back in the day. 

Edited by Jason_H.
  • Like 1

^^ pics or it didn't happen.

Jason used to dunk two handed over Kobe at the Y on Sunday mornings. Don't doubt him.

• Like 1

I did alright. I couldn't do it all, though. Some of it I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able doing unless I get below 200 pounds, which is not really a goal of mine. I will just have to go through this life without ever having done a macaco.

I'm glad I found this video and I'm going to start doing a lot of this stuff and maybe get better at some of these things I'm not so good at right now so I can keep myself young and agile.

• Like 1