Sign in to follow this  
-idyb-

Joe Rogan apologizes for biased commentary trashing The Great Khabib's striking at UFC 223

Joe Rogan apologizes for biased commentary trashing Khabib Nurmagomedov’s striking at UFC 223

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/4/9/17215202/joe-rogan-apologizes-biased-commentary-trashing-khabib-nurmagomedovs-striking-ufc-223-mma

lol rogan was terrible that whole card and hes really starting to show his age. raging al is sitting there eating jab after jab for all of round 3 and 4 and getting his face boxed in, yet all u can hear from rogan was him having an orgasm every time raging al threw a punch and almost connected.  

all the casuals probably ate all that chit up and might have even thought that raging al actually done something at all in that fight, or even believed for a second that the great khabib might have been gassing. when in fact the great khabib was just toying with al and decided to have fun in the last rounds practicing stuff we'll never see from him again because he knew al was no threat to beating him

the great khabib could have spent the last 3 rounds doing absolutely nothing but run away, and he still would have won the fight 47-46 after those first two 10-8  rounds where he mauled the guy.  raging al's only chance of winning the fight was on the feet and the great khabib decided to keep it standing and destroyed him on the feet as well, in one of the most lopsided title fights in history.  he should be getting praised for that because he's not even a striker but he still put on a clinic.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 4

I don't remember hearing what Rogan said,i was too busy watching.

I remember hearing pre fight that he thought Al hits hard and had a chance but it was obvious that Khabib was toying with him with those jabs.

Any misconceptions would be drawn from a no finish but Al Iaquinta was NEVER in that fight and din't do a single thing to khabib over 5 rounds.

Too bad really,i thought it would be a better fight,i thought Al might wrestle him a bit,i mean the best defense is offense,put the pressure on Khabib but everyone wants to backup.

99% of the fanbase are casuals, nowt wrong with that.

If al had connected and put borat on his ****, people would be praising joe for his remarkable insight.

It wouldn’t be much fun if joe was honest and spent 25 minutes verbalising what was seen. In truth, myself, Liberace or the pope may as well have been fighting borat. It was a terribly one sided fight. IMO joe was simply trying to find something positive to say.

Ps.

I like borat

I like joe

I like al

i just thought it was f*cked how al finally connects with a punch that barely even landed and joe is screaming "he's hurt! he's hurt!" and then the great khabib immediately responds by punching him in the face with 6 more  consecutive jabs and joe goes silent again.  he was a total iaquinta homer in that fight.   the dude aint even a striker, he boxed al's face in the whole fight but all we get to hear is criticism because joe didnt like the way that khabib was keeping his chin up, even tho he was literally toying with the guy and showboating, and blocking al's punches and talking chit at him the entire time.  he was simply just having fun out there and trying out some new techniques. he wouldnt have done that against tony or anything. he would have mauled tony for 5 straight rounds or until tony quit.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 3

Yes idyb, I agree, it was awful commentary, but like I said, joe was simply doing a job imo, he was trying to be positive.

I watch a lot of cricket, possibly the most boring sport in the history of sport, the tv commentators try to find positives in awful (England) teams too. Otherwise it’d be akin to watching a lion fight a chicken and the commentary praising the lion.

• Like 2

yeah i guess he's just trying to give the other guy some hype.   but he could have been a little more honest and said something like "I havent seen someone get their a$$ torn apart this badly since my friend ate three bowls of Wendy's chili"

• Like 1

I don't buy it.  Rogan has repeatedly admit to being biased while commentating.  This is not the Rogan we all know.  He's either high or being paid to say this. 

he was high when he was calling the fight. i'll tell you that much

• Like 1

I see the argument but I tend to agree with Joe.

His entire UFC career up until this point the only time we seen a chink in armour for a second was the Johnson fight.

Now during the fight Khabib never looked like losing but he no longer looked invincible either,

1. His jab actually looked really good but his striking defence does have major holes, that will be capitalized on by a better striker.
  2. Al also started to show that Khabib's grappling isn't unstoppable he shook a few of those takedowns Khabib only landed 40% of them and managed to stand up as well.
  3. Al was also prepared for a 3 round fight with Felder, who isn't known for his grappling prowess
  • Like 3

His entire UFC career up until this point the only time we seen a chink in armour for a second was the Johnson fight.

Now during the fight Khabib never looked like losing but he no longer looked invincible either,

• His jab actually looked really good but his striking defence does have major holes, that will be capitalized on by a better striker.
  • Al also started to show that Khabib's grappling isn't unstoppable he shook a few of those takedowns Khabib only landed 40% of them and managed to stand up as well.
  • Al was also prepared for a 3 round fight with Felder, who isn't known for his grappling prowess

Problem with number 1 is that he fought the best striker in the division and made him look like an amateur, in every aspect including on the feet.

Problem with number 1 is that he fought the best striker in the division and made him look like an amateur, in every aspect including on the feet.

Barboza is a beast and technically I agree he might be the best but he is pretty one dimensional and that leaves him more open in other areas.

So while his skill might be the highest the fact that Khabib had to worry about the strikes and the strikes only makes him a much easier fight.

I'd be interested to see how he does against a Kevin Lee or Eddie Alvarez who can strike and wrestle.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 2

Barboza is a beast and technically I agree he might be the best but he is pretty one dimensional and that leaves him more open in other areas.

So while his skill might be the highest the fact that Khabib had to worry about the strikes and the strikes only makes him a much easier fight.

I'd be interested to see how he does against a Kevin Lee or Eddie Alvarez who can strike and wrestle.

Lee has one tko win. His strengths are wrestling and subs. Pretty pillow fisted if you ask me. Eddie is more of a challenge imo as he's more well rounded. I don't think we've seen Eddie fight off his back recently or at all so it would be interesting to see if Beeb gets him down.

• Like 1

well khabib the great's sriking wasnt all that impressive, but its definately came along way from where it used to be

but to abandon his normal gameplan just to play around and strike with raging al and take a risk like that when he didnt have to in the middle of a title fight is what was impressive. he could have just pulled a kaleb starnes for the last 3 rounds and still won. he didnt have to stand and trade and possibly make a mistake and  lose out on the chance of ever becoming champion if raging al was able to land a hail mary punch. raging al's only chance was on the feet hoping to connect with a big shot that might put him out. or at least knock him down.

khabib the great didnt have to engage raging al but he did. he could have easilly just spammed takedowns relentlessly in the 3rd and 4th until he got it to the ground and then mauled him for the rest of the round

i was damn well impressed by khabib the great's performance.   i know it wasnt the opponent i was hoping for but its not khabib the great's fault that tony dropped his vagina at a press event and put himself out indefinately.   that would have been a pretty different fight, where the only time youd see the great khabib throw any standing strikes would only be to set up the takedown.

Edited by -idyb-

99% of the fanbase are casuals, nowt wrong with that.

If al had connected and put borat on his ****, people would be praising joe for his remarkable insight.

It wouldn’t be much fun if joe was honest and spent 25 minutes verbalising what was seen. In truth, myself, Liberace or the pope may as well have been fighting borat. It was a terribly one sided fight. IMO joe was simply trying to find something positive to say.

Ps.

I like borat

I like joe

I like al

Yet you diss Liberace!!?

Lee has one tko win. His strengths are wrestling and subs. Pretty pillow fisted if you ask me. Eddie is more of a challenge imo as he's more well rounded. I don't think we've seen Eddie fight off his back recently or at all so it would be interesting to see if Beeb gets him down.

It's not that he's pillow fisted. It's that guys like Chiesa get hit, and then give their back up.
  • Like 1

It's not that he's pillow fisted. It's that guys like Chiesa get hit, and then give their back up.

kevin's striking isn't even as good as iaquinta's striking. Infact i would go as far as to say in a straight up striking match between kevin lee and khabib you would have to favour khabib.

• Like 1

tony is the only guy in the division who would give the great khabib problems.    but now im even having my doubts about that because the dude ktfo'd himself at a beauty pageant and put him on the sidelines for god knows how long

conor wouid be able to give him a rough go as well if he can keep it on the feet, but thats not happening. a featherweight midget who took a fight with conor on just over a weeks notice was able to take conor down at will. and nate diaz didnt have much of a problem either in that department. so i have no doubt in my mind what a guy like the great khabib would do to conor once he gets an arm or two around him

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

kevin's striking isn't even as good as iaquinta's striking. Infact i would go as far as to say in a straight up striking match between kevin lee and khabib you would have to favour khabib.

LMAO.. yeah, okay. I think you're going to find out the answer to that pretty damn soon.

LMAO.. yeah, okay. I think you're going to find out the answer to that pretty damn soon.

yea, when barboza knocks kevin lee out cold with a headkick

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 2

Barboza is a beast and technically I agree he might be the best but he is pretty one dimensional and that leaves him more open in other areas.

Dude, after a boxer or a kickboxer gets taken down a couple times when facing a wrestler, they get super hesitant about engaging and they lose ability to focus whenever they get in range. Haven't you seen wrestlers getting the better of superior strikers before and wondered why?

This is why you gotta get in the cage yourself a couple times before professing yourself to be an expert, because I swear to God most of you guys don't even know what you're looking at.

You're not MMA experts just because you know everyone's names and fight records and which gyms they train at, you're "baseball card experts."

Edited by ReturnoftheSoup

yea, when barboza knocks kevin lee out cold with a headkick

Barboza is going to quit in that fight. Wrong as usual.

Now during the fight Khabib never looked like losing but he no longer looked invincible either,

1. His jab actually looked really good but his striking defence does have major holes, that will be capitalized on by a better striker.
  2. Al also started to show that Khabib's grappling isn't unstoppable he shook a few of those takedowns Khabib only landed 40% of them and managed to stand up as well.
  3. Al was also prepared for a 3 round fight with Felder, who isn't known for his grappling prowess

This ^

You're not MMA experts just because you know everyone's names and fight records and which gyms they train at, you're "baseball card experts."

ive been studying GSP, GSP footage, GSP coverage, and all things GSP for well over a decade now

with all due respect, i believe that qualities me as an MMA expert.

• Like 1

ive been studying GSP, GSP footage, GSP coverage, and all things GSP for well over a decade now

Yes, well you are an exceptional guy and you have a hell of a lot going for you. None of these other ****ing cans have a much a clue of what they're talking about.

• Like 2

Joe was pretty much being biased about Ferg imo. He does have that bias because they both train with Eddie Bravo (it is almost a gym type of beef) imo.

So yeah, everything he was saying he was saying about Ferg imo.

I didn't find him to be anymore bias than all the other times he's been bias.

Rugburn threw a decent jab and that was it, his striking is limited at best and his striking defence was even worse. That's not his game, shame that now a days stating the obvious is something you have to apologise for

• Like 1

UFC knew the card went to complete **** and way overpriced, and it was clear that the commentary was directed to hype up the fights and make people feel like their money was well spent.

I heard at least 6 times during the fights things like "Well worth the price of the card".  "Well worth the price of admission".  "got your moneys worth on that fight"...  All things to subliminally make you feel good about your purchase.

Same thing with mismatched fights.  Root for the underdog.  Make it seem like it's more of a battle than it really is...

• Like 1

how many inches is gsp packing? a real fan would know

UFC knew the card went to complete **** and way overpriced, and it was clear that the commentary was directed to hype up the fights and make people feel like their money was well spent.

I heard at least 6 times during the fights things like "Well worth the price of the card".  "Well worth the price of admission".  "got your moneys worth on that fight"...  All things to subliminally make you feel good about your purchase.

Same thing with mismatched fights.  Root for the underdog.  Make it seem like it's more of a battle than it really is...

^^^This. How anybody could have thought this was a good purchase after the card tanked is beyond me. A classic example of Berniece, the sow with lipstick.

how many inches is gsp packing? a real fan would know

ask your mom.

You know why, right? Khabib is a ****ing criminal. He's a really bad guy and the people he consorts with are really bad men.

I've been waiting for someone else to make a thread about this, because I'm lazy and I would prefer someone else to do it. I'm here in this empty bar and if no one comes in the next few minutes, I'll put it up.

• Like 2