Mom lets 4 yr old eat PB&J in Target, branded a monster

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 SVTContour98

SVTContour98
  • Free
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

Mom who let 4-year-old eat a PB&J in a shopping cart branded a monster by parenting forum:

https://www.sfgate.c...ld-12826097.php

"That's actually kind of lousy of you. you are aware that kids with peanut allergies exist in the world, so it's kind of a D move to let your kid smear peanut butter all over the child seat of a public cart."

The original poster (OP) explained, multiple times, that her daughter ate the sandwich neatly and didn't smear any peanut butter and her hands were wiped afterwards, but it didn't make any difference.

It only got worse. Here is a sample of the responses:

—"Your total disdain for the safety of other kids is awful. Feeding your kid a PB&J in a Target shopping cart is the epitome of low brow. For the love of God at least feed her in the car if you absolutely can't feed her at home! Everything about your post is vile."

—"You're the worst kind of person. Just understand that raising a child with an I don't care about others attitude means they will be obnoxious insufferable kids just like their mom. A grown up would tell their kids we can't eat that right now because it may cause another child to get sick. Period. Why do we need to explain this to you?"

—"It's not impossible to feed your child BEFORE or AFTER putting them in a shopping cart, especially peanut butter. You are awful."

—"So gross - you packed a pb&j for your kid to eat at Target? There's so much wrong with this it needs to be fake."

One person suggested that shopping cart snack could have lethal consequences:

"I hope no child dies because of any residual peanuts on the cart."

According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease about one in 90 people, or 1.1 percent, in the United States has a tree nut or peanut allergy. The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network estimates the total at 0.6 percent.

3 Facts Everyone Must Face:

#1 If there is no God, then your life has no objective meaning.

#2 You didn't bring yourself into this World, and you cannot ultimately prevent your Death.

#3 Jesus Existed.

PM to discuss<

#2 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

Who cares about the peanut butter.

Who let's their kids eat on such a dirty surface full of what everyone elsas nasty hands have touched.

Rosie Odonals snatch is probably a cleaner surface.

Who cares about the kids down the line, think of her own!
  • SVTContour98, TheGreatCatpiss and jaybird86 like this

#3 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

I can go either way on this - I have a nephew that has a peanut allergy and some of them are hypersensitive.

​There was a girl here in PA that was charged for deliberately high fiving someone, who was extremely allergic to pineapple, after handling the food.

http://www.pennlive....ttacking_a.html

parents are idiots

kids are idiots

everyone is an idiot

• SVTContour98 and King_Can! like this

#4 SVTContour98

SVTContour98
  • Free
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

I can go either way on this - I have a nephew that has a peanut allergy and some of them are hypersensitive.

​There was a girl here in PA that was charged for deliberately high fiving someone, who was extremely allergic to pineapple, after handling the food.

parents are idiots

kids are idiots

everyone is an idiot

I'm pretty sensitive to things like this since I have a daughter who is immunosuppressed, and I see people who are definitely very sick who shouldn't be out in public, yet there they are endangering my daughter...but ultimately it's up to me to take responsibility for her safety...however, I'm not sure I can agree with all the hate this lady is getting.  If a child is so allergic that even airborne aroma triggers them, then perhaps they shouldn't be out in public places like these.  Same goes for my child...if her immunosuppression is so great that the risk of getting ill from someone with the FLU/stomach bug/etc are high, then I have to be extremely careful where I take her.

But I can definitely agree people are typically inconsiderate of such things and really most don't even know the potential harm they are putting others in.  More education is definitely needed.

Purposefully exposing someone is a whole 'nother ballgame.

Edited by SVTContour98, 12 April 2018 - 12:14 PM.

• MoZZez and jaybird86 like this

#2 You didn't bring yourself into this World, and you cannot ultimately prevent your Death.

#3 Jesus Existed.

PM to discuss<

#5 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

parents are idiots
kids are idiots
everyone is an idiot

There's only one way you can go on this. I understand if someone specifically uses an allergy to hurt someone, but this is a kid eating a sandwich.

When I was born I was allergic to near everything.

My staple foods were meat, potatoes, sandwiches and cereal that had apple juice. Not that I would die from my allergies, just get sick for long periods of time, milk products being the worst.

I learnt and was taught that I had to check everything. It sucked but it was that or end up in the hospital.

Parents these days need to step up. If your kid can die from sitting in a shopping cart that was in contact with peanut butter, then they damn well better be wiping down the cart where their kids are going to touch.

Short of banning anything that causes allergies, people and parents need to focus on protecting their own interests to not get sick or die.
  • SVTContour98, crangs, Fred_Flink_Stoned and 2 others like this

#6 SVTContour98

SVTContour98
  • Free
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

There's only one way you can go on this. I understand if someone specifically uses an allergy to hurt someone, but this is a kid eating a sandwich.

My staple foods were meat, potatoes, sandwiches and cereal that had apple juice. Not that I would die from my allergies, just get sick for long periods of time, milk products being the worst.

I learnt and was taught that I had to check everything. It sucked but it was that or end up in the hospital.

Parents these days need to step up. If your kid can die from sitting in a shopping cart that was in contact with peanut butter, then they damn well better be wiping down the cart where their kids are going to touch.

Short of banning anything that causes allergies, people and parents need to focus on protecting their own interests to not get sick or die.

100%...I could eventually see some businesses (ex: Target) putting out notices for people to refrain from eating certain things to protect others.

Edited by SVTContour98, 12 April 2018 - 12:18 PM.

• jaybird86 likes this

#3 Jesus Existed.

PM to discuss<

#7 America

America
  • Free
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

I open chit up in stores all the time and let my kid eat it in the cart while I'm shopping to calm her down until I'm dine, then I give the store the wrapper to scan when I check out.

No fooks given if these f@gs think I'm a bad parent
  • the_enigma, SVTContour98, Eclipse76 and 4 others like this
34pz2qh.jpg

#8 SVTContour98

SVTContour98
  • Free
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

I open chit up in stores all the time and let my kid eat it in the cart while I'm shopping to calm her down until I'm dine, then I give the store the wrapper to scan when I check out.

No fooks given if these f@gs think I'm a bad parent

yeah i mean i've been there before as well....I think if I was in a checkout line and a lady was in front/behind me and requested I put the snack away b/c her child was allergic, I'd like to think I'd oblige...but I'm not sure I'd go through the lengths of not giving my child a peanut butter cracker or something  bc someone "might" be of the very rare case of airborne allergic.  I could change my mind tho

Edited by SVTContour98, 12 April 2018 - 12:22 PM.

#3 Jesus Existed.

PM to discuss<

#9 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 25,771 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

Who cares about the peanut butter.

Who let's their kids eat on such a dirty surface full of what everyone elsas nasty hands have touched.

Rosie Odonals snatch is probably a cleaner surface.

Who cares about the kids down the line, think of her own!

a eunuch should shut the fk up about parenting since its a literal impossibility for them.
  • the_enigma and TheGreatCatpiss like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#10 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

100%...I could eventually see some businesses (ex: Target) putting out notices for people to refrain from eating certain things to protect others.

I wouldn't want a child to get hurt, especially from.something as stupid as a kid eating a sandwich at a store. But there are far to many things in this world that people are allergic to.

Do we rid the world of cats and dogs because the dander affects people?

Milk set me off, you'd be amazed how many things have milk products in them.

It goes on and on. Parents need to step their game up and the people screaming at this woman need to shut the **** up. Typically it is not even the parents of affected Kids, it's just loud mouthed **** disturbers who need their voices heard.
  • SVTContour98 likes this

#11 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

a eunuch should shut the fk up about parenting since its a literal impossibility for them.

Guess that's a conversation you can have with the ones you know. Unless it's a personal thing for you.

#12 Taylor_Schonerstedt

Taylor_Schonerstedt
  • Free
  • 763 posts
  • LocationYour mom's bed

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

People are so retarded these days!

• SVTContour98 and Fred_Flink_Stoned like this

#13 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,085 posts
  • Locationin the Can aisle of your local prediction tournament

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:15 PM

If you are relying on other people to keep your kids safe from allergies then u are an idiot
  • SVTContour98, Yerbo, Eclipse76 and 6 others like this

#14 Denizen

Denizen

Torchbearer

• Free
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationThe Night

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

A fairly typical case of social justice warriors on social media looking for a reason to feel superior to other people in anyway they can and at any cost.

No doubt half of these parents kids are outside playing in traffic while their mothers check to see how many likes their most recent hate post got.

It's laughable.

Edited by Denizen, 12 April 2018 - 01:19 PM.

• SVTContour98, ReturnoftheSoup, King_Can! and 3 others like this

Fight Club Prediction Championship: Grand Prix Winner and Final Champion (10-3)

UFC Prediction Grand Prix: Winner

UFC Survivor Series Tournament: Series Seven Winner

#15 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Shomer Shabbos!

• Ultimate
  • 53,875 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:29 PM

Is there really a forum for everything?

• SVTContour98, Eclipse76, sobercorrupt and 3 others like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#16 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 37,208 posts
  • LocationCajun Country

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

In with Ricky G on this one. If you have a peanut allergy then nature needs to take it's course and eliminate that weakling from the gene pool.  :P

• the_enigma, Eclipse76, ReturnoftheSoup and 1 other like this

25d535b5cc51ec48161a57bdf6de2110678cdb17

#17 the_enigma

the_enigma
  • Moderators
  • 22,903 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

LOL triggered by bread crumbs now.
  • SVTContour98, Eclipse76, sobercorrupt and 3 others like this

conair.gif?w=780

^ I agree.

2013 predictions league champion
Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
Last one to post wins winner x2
Survivor Series VIII - Sole survivor.

#18 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 26,496 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

LOL triggered by bread crumbs now.

• SVTContour98 and Eclipse76 like this
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#19 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:02 PM

I cannot wait for my next trip to the supermarket, I am going to throw peanuts at everyone hoping someone falls to the floor so I can laugh

• the_enigma and I_Take_Roids_m8 like this

#20 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

But if it’s airborne, you could wipe until your arms fall off and you won’t get rid of it... my understanding. Could be wrong
  • TheGreatCatpiss likes this

#21 Yesterdays_Hero

Yesterdays_Hero

Leader of The 5k Family

• Free
  • 34,530 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

The anti-peanut butter backlash

If you ever type these words please reconsider what you're doing with your life

• the_enigma, Eclipse76, King_Can! and 2 others like this

1z3tcvc.jpg

OFFICIAL UFC FORUM +1 POSTER OF THE PREVIOUS TWO YEARS

#22 Spooky_Shawn

Spooky_Shawn
  • Free
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

Only poor people feed their kids PB&J sandwiches. I feed my kids nothing because I don't have any kids.

• the_enigma likes this

#23 TheGreatCatpiss

TheGreatCatpiss
  • Free
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:24 PM

parents are idiots
kids are idiots
everyone is an idiot

My daughter is hypersensitive to peanuts.  She's 5/5 on the allergy scale, so basically the worst.  Here's my perspective.

There's rumors that just eating peanuts near an allergy sufferer will trigger their allergies.  That's not really true.  I was on an airline and they stated that someone had peanut allergies, so nobody could eat peanuts on the whole flight.  We wouldn't dare have the airline do that.  

That said, if peanuts touch a surface, and then my daughter touches that surface, it will trigger her allergies.  So, basically, its much more likely that someone eating peanuts on a previous flight would trigger her allergies than someone eating them on the same flight.  They don't clean and sterilize the surfaces good enough to prevent that.

Same thing with the shopping cart.  Nobody should be contaminating the cart with peanut butter.  I wouldn't call them monsters because they probably have no idea.  They are simply ignorant.  

By the way, the peanut allergy epidemic was caused by very bad scientific consensus.  This exposes a problem with scientific consensus.  From 2000 to 2008, doctors were told to tell new parents to keep their kids away from peanuts.  This caused peanut allergy cases to spike something like 300%.  In 2008, they realized that they made a very bad mistake.  Consensus now is that you expose your babies to peanuts to prevent allergies from happening.

Edited by TheGreatCatpiss, 13 April 2018 - 11:44 PM.

• SVTContour98, MoZZez and jaybird86 like this

#24 TheGreatCatpiss

TheGreatCatpiss
  • Free
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:33 PM

Yeah, but the peanut butter would likely end up on the handle.  Any bit of it can trigger a reaction.  

Your comment on allergies is quite ignorant.  Not all allergies are the same.  Most allergies go away. 

Peanut allergies is one of the few allergies that gets worse for most people as they get older.  There's an 80% chance that a peanut allergy gets worse.  Peanut allergies are one of the most serious of allergies.  The danger is death.  We have to buy 4 epipens a year due to my daughters level of allergy.  We do our best, but there's only so much we can do.

Also, peanut allergies are more deadly the older you get.  So the peanut butter on the cart handle is more likely to hurt a teenager or adult than a toddler, though all would have a reaction.

I wouldn't want a child to get hurt, especially from.something as stupid as a kid eating a sandwich at a store. But there are far to many things in this world that people are allergic to.

Do we rid the world of cats and dogs because the dander affects people?

Milk set me off, you'd be amazed how many things have milk products in them.

Peanut allergies kill people. The allergies you mentioned generally don't. There's a big difference.

Edited by TheGreatCatpiss, 12 April 2018 - 11:36 PM.

#25 TheGreatCatpiss

TheGreatCatpiss
  • Free
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:38 PM

But if it’s airborne, you could wipe until your arms fall off and you won’t get rid of it... my understanding. Could be wrong

It's not airborne. It could be if someone coughed in your face, but no, it's not generally airborne.

If you are relying on other people to keep your kids safe from allergies then u are an idiot

You can only do so much. Also, we don't expect to have to wipe every damn thing down.  

Edited by TheGreatCatpiss, 12 April 2018 - 11:39 PM.

• crangs and jaybird86 like this

#26 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,085 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:46 PM

It's not airborne. It could be if someone coughed in your face, but no, it's not generally airborne.

You can only do so much. Also, we don't expect to have to wipe every damn thing down.

nor should you have to but the only people you can definitely rely on are yourselves. Expecting strangers to conform to this is expecting too much in today's self obsessed world unfortunately

Edited by crangs, 13 April 2018 - 07:27 AM.

• Eclipse76 likes this

#27 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:58 PM

I would have had to double down and be a total **** and just said "Well if my kid can kill your kid with a sandwich you've got a pretty **** kid!" lol

• the_enigma and crangs like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#28 crangs

crangs

14-14-1 career

• Free
  • 21,085 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:10 AM

I would have had to double down and be a total **** and just said "Well if my kid can kill your kid with a sandwich you've got a pretty **** kid!" lol

r66kl.gif
  • Eclipse76 and Jolldan like this

#29 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Shomer Shabbos!

• Ultimate
  • 53,875 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:19 AM

We're ten or fifteen years out from a serial sandwich murderer.
  • Eclipse76, sobercorrupt and I_Take_Roids_m8 like this

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png

amazin

#30 NoCakeForYaya

NoCakeForYaya
  • Free
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:44 AM

I think the real point here is that there's about a 0.000000000001% chance that the parent did this with any intention of endangering the life of another child. The parent simply didn't think. Nobody has any idea about this person's life. She might be **** exhausted, she might be a single mom working two jobs just to feed the damn kid. She might have just come from volunteering from a soup kitchen. She might be a piece of **** who doesn't care about anyone else's kid. The point is everyone commenting has no **** iidea about this persons life. The new cool thing on the internet is to judge quickly without fact or evidence, claiming moral superiority in everything, be it political beliefs or a **** peanut butter sandwich. It'd be cool if people just stopped judging for one second and sorted their own lives. This is the problem with social media, it has given everyone a platform to talk **** about everyone without thinking. The world is becoming a place without empathy or thought while spouting that everyone should be empathetic and thoughtful. It's crazy. It makes me so mad.

This wasn't a dig at anyone on the forum by the way, it's just the current Facebook/instagram led world that is seriously ruining social interaction. I also realise that I'm almost never serious on the forum, and I've picked a thread about a peanut butter sandwich to do so, which I suppose is kinda funny lol.
  • crangs, sobercorrupt, amunera and 4 others like this

conair.gif?w=780

#31 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:42 AM

Yeah, but the peanut butter would likely end up on the handle.  Any bit of it can trigger a reaction.  

Your comment on allergies is quite ignorant.  Not all allergies are the same.  Most allergies go away. 

Peanut allergies is one of the few allergies that gets worse for most people as they get older.  There's an 80% chance that a peanut allergy gets worse.  Peanut allergies are one of the most serious of allergies.  The danger is death.  We have to buy 4 epipens a year due to my daughters level of allergy.  We do our best, but there's only so much we can do.

Also, peanut allergies are more deadly the older you get.  So the peanut butter on the cart handle is more likely to hurt a teenager or adult than a toddler, though all would have a reaction.

Peanut allergies kill people. The allergies you mentioned generally don't. There's a big difference.

I realize most go away over time and I also realize that peanut one can be significant. My sister has a fish allergy that reacts similarly to peanuts. Touch previous surface, cooked in or around etc. Reacts within seconds, closes he throat, hospitalizes etc.

But I stand by what I said. Parents, and even into adulthood, people have to take extra precautions to ensure their own safety. You cannot trust that everyone and their dog is going to ensure your child does not come into contact with peanuts, be it ignorance, stupidity, or just not caring from other people. My sister has to ask everywhere she eats, even on things people dont think of, like, do you deep fry your fish in the same fryer. She has to take those steps. Sucks for her, but Joe blow fry cook isnt going to come running out to tell her. At supermarkets she wipes down the handle of carts because people handle fish there more so than say a gas station.

Peanuts are not getting banned, nor are the other allergines, as such, parents and people need to ensure their own safety.

#32 zaksame

zaksame
  • Free
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

My experiences over many years says that 99.9% of the time,mothers/fathers don't give a crap about anyone else.

Their kid is number one and if the child does something bad,they usually laugh and think it's funny...."he's just a child ".

Yeah well that is why YOU as a parent should be teaching them morals/ethics,right from wrong and not condoning it and laughing about it all the while disrespecting everyone else around you.

Thankfully i have only seen a small number of garbage parents,most are pretty good.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.

#33 Genki

Genki
  • Free
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:15 PM

Thegreatcatpiss... when <2% of the worlds population is allergic to peanuts, how do you come to the conclusion that it is the >98% problem?

100% of the world is suceptable to HIV, yet I dont see the calls to chop the arms of infected IV users, or demasculate male carriers who are at the greatest risk of infecting others.

I know this isnt just close to home for you, it is home, but where do you draw the line on impinging on the rest of society because of a flaw in a stark minority of mankind?

• sobercorrupt and chons like this

#34 sobercorrupt

sobercorrupt

THE NOTORIOUS

• Moderators
  • 59,228 posts
  • LocationD-Block

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:50 PM

There was this dude I used to know who was a piece of **** who supposedly had a massive peanut allergy.  A friend of mine would go out of his way to eat peanut butter before he came over and we would all pass the bong around.  

Too bad it didn't kill him, he became a even bigger piece of **** a few years later.

• -idyb- likes this

post-406774-0-12678100-1439418105.gif

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#35 TheGreatCatpiss

TheGreatCatpiss
  • Free
  • 594 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:32 PM

I think the real point here is that there's about a 0.000000000001% chance that the parent did this with any intention of endangering the life of another child. The parent simply didn't think. Nobody has any idea about this person's life. 

I am going to guess otherwise. 

It's one thing to be ignorant, but once the problem had been explained to her, it looks like she went online looking for justification to keep doing it.

Edited by TheGreatCatpiss, 13 April 2018 - 11:32 PM.

#36 TheGreatCatpiss

TheGreatCatpiss
  • Free
  • 594 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:42 PM

Thegreatcatpiss... when <2% of the worlds population is allergic to peanuts, how do you come to the conclusion that it is the >98% problem?

I didn't. You should re-read all my comments before making such logically fallacious assumptions.

That said, it is something that people should be considerate of. No need to rub peanut butter on public infrastructure.

That said, mixing the worlds population into it isn't fair. Most countries didn't fall for that scientific consensus **** that ours did. The number in the US is higher than 2%. And if we break it down more, kids born from 1997 - 2008 are much higher risk because of the bad scientific consensus. I found the numbers... 300% increase.

100% of the world is suceptable to HIV, yet I dont see the calls to chop the arms of infected IV users, or demasculate male carriers who are at the greatest risk of infecting others.

You would be jailed if you get caught going around throwing aids infected needles in playgrounds.

How would you feel if you had sex with someone who had aids and they didn't tell you?

I know this isnt just close to home for you, it is home, but where do you draw the line on impinging on the rest of society because of a flaw in a stark minority of mankind?

I'm on the side of the line that prevents ignorance. Why do you get upset when someone brings up their concerns?

Edited by TheGreatCatpiss, 13 April 2018 - 11:44 PM.

#37 TheGreatCatpiss

TheGreatCatpiss
  • Free
  • 594 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:52 PM

Peanuts are not getting banned, nor are the other allergines, as such, parents and people need to ensure their own safety.

Peanuts are getting banned in a lot of public places. Most schools and daycares in my county have bans on peanuts.

We still have to take precautions, of course. $1200 per year on epipens. Let the teachers know. Let the school know. Make sure they know how to use the epi-pens. Let other parents know.

If I wanted to, I could ask for a peanut ban on every flight we take. We don't do that, but we just have to say the word and the airlines will do it.

#38 Yerbo

Yerbo
  • Free
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:26 AM

Exactly. But I think the real story, though it's an old story by now, is the way people get hysterical/indignant about everything. They can't just point out nicely that people should maybe be careful with products that a large % of the populace are allergic to. Instead they accuse the person of smearing peanut butter all over, when there was no evidence that was the case, and then proceed to call the woman all sorts of names without having a clue about what really happened. Thing is, I don't think many of those people would react the same in person, they are just using their anonymity to be a-holes.

Edited by Yerbo, 14 April 2018 - 04:33 AM.

• the_enigma and crangs like this

#39 TheGreatCatpiss

TheGreatCatpiss
  • Free
  • 594 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:22 AM

Has it become unacceptable to eat peanut butter in public? DD was eating a pb&j at a store today, and a woman stopped me to lecture me about peanut allergies

It should have become unacceptable once you became aware of the issue.  No need to go on the internet and ask "Has it become unacceptable."  She could ask questions like, "are allergies really that big of a deal?" or "Could I really harm someone?"  No, you can tell by the way she wrote her sentence that she's looking for support to do it again.

And yes, eating food in the target cart is considered unsanitary.

That's really inconsiderate So many kids have life threatening allergies to peanut butter. Eating it in a shopping cart GUARANTEES it will be smeared on the handle, etc. Its really awful you would do this. Sorry, but imagine if it were your child with the allergy. 

Looks like she's not bashing anyone, but rather removing ignorance from someone's mind.

Edited by TheGreatCatpiss, 14 April 2018 - 01:23 AM.

#40 TheGreatCatpiss

TheGreatCatpiss
  • Free
  • 594 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:28 AM

Thing is, I don't think many of those people would react the same in person, they are just using their anonymity to be a-holes.

I'll confront any mofo, especially womens..  Funny thing about that...  I had my kids in line to go through this bouncehouse obstical course.  Some indian woman brought her two kids to the front of the line and just cut in front of everyone.  I told her that we were all in line.  She said she didn't care.

I then started talking to her kids.  "I'm sorry that you have such a terrible mother."  "No good mother would teach their kids to do wrong...."    After talking to her kids like that for about 5 minutes, she gave up and left..

I was at the airport yesterday with my hand on someone's windshield giving him the bird.

Edited by TheGreatCatpiss, 14 April 2018 - 01:35 AM.

#41 I_Take_Roids_m8

I_Take_Roids_m8

To be or not to be... not to be

• Free
  • 7,727 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:14 AM

That's a shame, my heart is breaking for this lady and her kid who is allergic to peanuts....

Lol, what a beta.
  • Eclipse76, sobercorrupt and -idyb- like this
Khabib bodies all your favorite fighters.

#42 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 12,525 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:46 AM

fff642b2590edaef5c5ea4a88e2b23bd.jpg

• TheGreatCatpiss and I_Take_Roids_m8 like this

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#43 jaybird86

jaybird86
  • Ultimate
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:55 AM

you being as informed as you are is good parenting.

#44 Fred_Flink_Stoned

Fred_Flink_Stoned

FFS

• Free
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:50 AM

fff642b2590edaef5c5ea4a88e2b23bd.jpg

8/8 would bang
  • TheGreatCatpiss and -idyb- like this

412886388.jpg

#45 Fred_Flink_Stoned

Fred_Flink_Stoned

FFS

• Free
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:57 AM

imo every parent has the responsibity to protect and take care of their own kids

The mother took care of her kid by feeding him/her when he/she was hungry
the other parent was standing up for her kid that has an allergy for peanuts.
though she also has the responsibity to protect her kid and thus she has to make sure her kid will not get in touch with peanuts.

is the first parent wrong? no
is the other parent wrong? no, but she has the responsibity to make sure her kid is aware and doesn't touch anything that has been touched by many others. i.e. shopping carts,door knobs, steering wheels, money etc.

next please :)

Edited by Fred_Flink_Stoned, 15 April 2018 - 07:01 AM.

• Genki likes this

412886388.jpg

#46 Genki

Genki
  • Free
  • 491 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:42 PM

imo every parent has the responsibity to protect and take care of their own kids

The mother took care of her kid by feeding him/her when he/she was hungry
the other parent was standing up for her kid that has an allergy for peanuts.
though she also has the responsibity to protect her kid and thus she has to make sure her kid will not get in touch with peanuts.

is the first parent wrong? no
is the other parent wrong? no, but she has the responsibity to make sure her kid is aware and doesn't touch anything that has been touched by many others. i.e. shopping carts,door knobs, steering wheels, money etc.

next please :)

well said... has me covered in a much less argumentative tone than Im capable of it seems.

• crangs likes this

#47 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Shomer Shabbos!

• Ultimate
  • 53,875 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

Peanuts were discovered by George Washington Carver, who is an admitted racist black man, and it's all part of the allergy warfare that he and his cohorts dreamt up.

Think about it. You don't know any black people that are allergic to peanuts, do you?

STAY WOKE, FAM.

Edited by cashfl0w, 15 April 2018 - 11:39 PM.

• SVTContour98, MoZZez and sobercorrupt like this

amazin

#48 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 12,525 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:01 AM

Peanuts were discovered by George Washington Carver, who is an admitted racist black man

yet they still print dollar bills with his face on it.

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#49 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

My experiences over many years says that 99.9% of the time,mothers/fathers don't give a crap about anyone else.
Their kid is number one and if the child does something bad,they usually laugh and think it's funny...."he's just a child ".

Yeah well that is why YOU as a parent should be teaching them morals/ethics,right from wrong and not condoning it and laughing about it all the while disrespecting everyone else around you.

Thankfully i have only seen a small number of garbage parents,most are pretty good.

Wait…what? This math isn't very sound.

Edited by ReturnoftheSoup, 16 April 2018 - 04:26 PM.

• sobercorrupt and classicboxer like this

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

#50 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

There was this dude I used to know who was a piece of **** who supposedly had a massive peanut allergy.  A friend of mine would go out of his way to eat peanut butter before he came over and we would all pass the bong around.  

Too bad it didn't kill him, he became a even bigger piece of **** a few years later.

If he was an ****, why did you smoke weed with him all the time?
  • sobercorrupt likes this

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the People's Freedom Movement