Sign in to follow this  
ReturnoftheSoup

Here's the translation of what Khabib said in his post-fight interview.

Following a standard post-fight interview, where Khabib thanked his father, coach Javier Mendez, and his management team in English, the newly minted champion finished off statement by appealing to Russian president Vladimir Putin to “help” Ziyavudin Magomedov, the oligarch who was arrested last week on embezzlement and organized crime charges.

”Our elder brother, co-owner of our team Ziyavudin Magomedov, is in a difficult situation,” Khabib said in Russian during the UFC 223 PPV. “He was very helpful to me and other athletes from Russia. Now he has problems, but I want him to know that we, the athletes, are praying for him. I believe that this situation will soon be resolved. I hope that our leader Vladimir Putin will help him. I want to congratulate him on the victory in the last election.”

Magomedov was arrested on March 31 and charged with embezzling over 2 billion rubles ($35 million +), fraud, and the “organization of a criminal community.” According to Russia’s Ministry of Internal Affairs, Magomedov has been under investigation for several months to determine whether he embezzled money during the construction of a World Cup stadium in Kaliningrad, which his Summa Group company won the rights to build in 2014. He was denied bail and his awaiting his upcoming trial on May 30. If found guilty, Magomedov could face up to 20 years in prison.

Magomedov, whose wealth is estimated at $1.4 billion, is an avid sports fan who has invested significant sums into Russian mixed martial arts. He is the co-owner of Fight Nights Global, one of the most successful and popular promotions in the country. He also founded the Eagles MMA fight team, which UFC star Khabib Nurmagomedov is currently president of.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloodyelbow.com/platform/amp/2018/4/8/17212470/khabib-putin-oligarch-ziyavudin-magomedov-arrested-embezzlement-organized-crime-ufc-mma-news

Now I pointed out his connection to Ramzan Kadyrov a long time ago, and I brought it up a couple times since. I've since dropped it because none of them seem to register with anyone on here. These guys are all the worst people on earth.

As crooked and shady and, unfortunately, as influential as these scums of the earth are, it's no wonder that he has found his way to the title without opposition from a real challenger, a true wrestler.

When we saw Khabib surround Artem with 10 other guys and slap his face, we saw the real Khabib. And when we saw him stay on the bus when Connor McGregor was calling for him to come out, we also saw the real Khabib.

Maybe you don't know anything about who Khabib is or who is his people are, but if you do and you still root for him, you're a piece of ****.

you have no idea what you're talking about, you racist idiot.

• Like 1

you need to live in Dagestan to really understand what is going on there or a third world country at least. 

Extremely popular athletes  do not stay squeaky clean in Russia or rarely do. It is not a democracy there. Do not judge them like an idiot.

• Like 2

you need to live in Dagestan to really understand what is going on there or a third world country at least.

Extremely popular athletes do not stay squeaky clean in Russia or rarely do. It is not a democracy there. Do not judge them like an idiot.

Yes, but it's his brother and he is literally collaborating with him. Also, we saw his ten-on-one confrontation with Artem. We know what kind of guy he is, don't be naïve.

Yes, but it's his brother and he is literally collaborating with him. Also, we saw his ten-on-one confrontation with Artem. We know what kind of guy he is, don't be naïve.

you're a racist idiot

you're a racist idiot

This is not a very sound argument because racially he is white.

Also, the truth remains the these are really, really bad guys. These are mobsters. And mobsters are not anything like the charming characters we see in Hollywood movies, they are horrible people that hurt innocent people.

This is not a very sound argument because racially he is white.

Also, the truth remains the these are really, really bad guys. These are mobsters. And mobsters are not anything like the charming characters we see in Hollywood movies, they are horrible people that hurt innocent people.

Ok you are not a racist. You are an ethnicist. Does that change anything?

Soup is a homophobe so I'm surprised he doesn't love these guys.

• Like 1

Soup is a homophobe so I'm surprised he doesn't love these guys.

the islamaphobia outweighs the homophobia I think but that would have been a titanic struggle