Photo

What's Next For The Winner's & Loser's Of UFC Glendale?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:15 AM

With UFC Glendale now behind us I thought id take a look at the next moves for the winners & losers of Saturday's card.

Winners

Dustin Poirier - The next fight for Dustin has to be a rematch with Eddie Alvarez. I like that he called out Khabib but lets be honest Dustin isn't getting the next crack at him. With everyone else around him booked up a win against Alvarez could get him that title shot. Next Fight - Eddie Alvarez

Alex Oliveira - Oliveira picked up without a doubt the biggest win in his career on Saturday against Condit a former interim champ and title challenger, the win will also surely get Alex back in to the top 15. He needs to capitalize from this but also be smart as Oliveira tends to lose to the tip of the spear competition. The "Stun Gun" hasn't had a fight since june 2017 so this would make for a good match-up for both men. Next Fight - Dong Hyun Kim

Israel Adesanya - The Last Stylebender continues to be one of the hottest properties in the MW division. He didn't look quite as impressive in his first octagon outing but still got the win. A top 15 opponent is needed to gauge just how good he is although he will want to avoid a strong grappler after holes were exposes against Vetorri. Jotko would make a good next opponent since he is also largely a striker and also in serious need of a win after losing his third straight fight this weekend. Next Fight - Krzysztof Jotko

Michelle Waterson - Waterson's fight with Casey is probably the best case for a Women's 105lb division but it won't happen, she was far more skilled than Casey but the sheer size difference made it an uphill fight for Michelle with almost every strike she absorbed looking devastating. Waterson snapped a two fight skid, with that in mind I think Felice Herrig would make a great next opponent even though Felice lost her last fight she was on a riding a four fight win streak. Next Fight - Felice Herrig

Antonio Carlos Jr. - Even with a nickname like "Shoe Face" Antonio has managed to put together a five fight win streak in the ufc, four of which were by submission. This latest win has to mean his next fight is against a ranked opponent. And there is another fighter who is riding a four fight win streak who I think would make perfect sense to pair him with. Next Fight - Brad Tavares

Losers

Justin Gaethje - While this second loss in a row will definitely halt's any talk of title contention it isn't as bad as it could be since Justin's fan friendly style means people want to see him fight. So he will get another main card slot for his next fight. There seemed to be a bit of tension & trash talk brewing between him and James Vick so why not stick both men together since Vick has been screaming for a ranked opponent. Next Fight - James Vick

Carlos Condit - Carlos looked far from a natural born killer on Saturday, it was pretty clear his best days were behind him. He's now lost four fights in a row. I don't really want to see Condit fight again unless he and Matt Brown still want to have that fight I wouldn't be against that as its two vets having one last hurrah. Next Fight - Matt Brown

Marvin Vettori - Vettori came up short against Adesanya, he was overwhelmed in the first two rounds but if he fought like he did in the third he would have very possibly got the win. Now five fights in to his ufc career he has went 2-2-1. Vettori's next five fights will likely decide if he stays or goes. Book him against Marshman another guy who's floating just outside the top 15. Next Fight - Jack Marshman

Courtney Casey - Despite what seemed like a massive power advantage Casey lost on Saturday. She has now lost went 1-3 in her last 4. And will likely be moving down the rankings. Angela Hill is currently ranked 15th and would stack up well against Casey. Next Fight - Angela Hill

Tim Boetsch - Boetsch came up short against the younger fresher guy on Saturday. Despite that i'd say Tim is far from done he still has a good fights left in him. Gerald Meerschaert is coming off a win and is 3-1 so far in the ufc but hast fought anyone like Boetsch. Next Fight - Gerald Meerschaert

Edited by Jolldan, 16 April 2018 - 04:15 AM.

• Decompoze, PunchBag and smwwrest like this

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#2 PunchBag

PunchBag

Take Your Best Shot..

• Free
  • 13,763 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:23 AM

good pics

brZ51I9.jpg

#3 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,140 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:49 AM

Poirier - title shot
Cowboy - Dong
Izzy - Perry

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#4 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 54,741 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

Poirier - title shot
Cowboy - Dong
Izzy - Perry

Adesanya - middleweight
Perry - welterweight
  • LayDownDead and JSW like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#5 smwwrest

smwwrest
  • Ultimate
  • 426 posts
  • LocationCretaceous Period

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:19 AM

Oliveira vs Kim would be a helluva fight.

I like most of these picks. I definitely want to see Condit retire. It's rough having to watch him nowadays.

Who needs gloves when you have an axe?

9tr7goS.jpg

#6 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,237 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:19 AM

Poirier VS Ferguson, Khabib vs Conor

And put both fights on the same ****ing card to fix whoever pulls out first

Edited by King_Can!, 16 April 2018 - 06:20 AM.

• PunchBag likes this

IRT/

\+/ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion \+/

\+/ Fighter Picks League 3 Champion \+/
giphy.gif

#7 LayDownDead

LayDownDead

KEYS, WOMAN!

• Free
  • 8,239 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

Vick deserves way better than Gaethje. Do Iaquinta/Gaethje

"Neil Magny's striking is literally perfect" - Dana White

"Neil Magny could out box Floyd Mayweather" - Edmond Tarverdyan

#8 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

Poirier VS Ferguson, Khabib vs Conor

And put both fights on the same ****ing card to fix whoever pulls out first

You are aware Tony could be out for like a year right?

I agree with most picks, love the Vic v Gaethje one after the trash talk between the two. Carlos Condit should retire though, Matt Brown is more than likely done, won't be available for like a year. And Jotko should take a good while before he comes back, 2 KO's in a row I think, will be a solid 3 if he fights Isreal. Isreal vs Costa for me, I think one of them needs to be the "Hype Train" not both

#9 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 11,677 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:53 AM

Khabib vs Dustin

Eddie vs Ferg

Both fights on the same card

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"Who tha fook is that guy ?"

"I wove you Mi"

#10 VertFTW

VertFTW
  • Free
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

Jollidan - ban for plagerizing

#11 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,237 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:16 AM

Jolldan is the only WMMA fan on the forum, might be worth keeping so we are up to date with fights we don't watch

IRT/

giphy.gif

#12 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Ultimate
  • 54,741 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

It's wild how hard it is for you to spell his name. Are you autistic?
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#13 King_Can!

King_Can!

LEAFS NATION MOFOS

• Free
  • 26,237 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:23 AM

You are aware Tony could be out for like a year right?

I agree with most picks, love the Vic v Gaethje one after the trash talk between the two. Carlos Condit should retire though, Matt Brown is more than likely done, won't be available for like a year. And Jotko should take a good while before he comes back, 2 KO's in a row I think, will be a solid 3 if he fights Isreal. Isreal vs Costa for me, I think one of them needs to be the "Hype Train" not both

Poirier should be sitting out for a bit after that war anyways, if anything they can run the Alvarez Poirier fight back, and after Dustin whoops his **** it might be perfect timing depending how the negotiations / possible fight between Khabib and Conor goes

IRT/

giphy.gif

#14 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:33 AM

Poirier should be sitting out for a bit after that war anyways, if anything they can run the Alvarez Poirier fight back, and after Dustin whoops his **** it might be perfect timing depending how the negotiations / possible fight between Khabib and Conor goes

Yeah I want to see Dustin vs Alverez 2, makes no sense having Dustin fight Khabib considering they both beat Justin and they are both in the exact same position

#15 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 11,677 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

Im curious to see who will Khabib fight for his first title defense

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#16 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Im curious to see who will Khabib fight for his first title defense

Paul Felder  ;)

• skillandpower and Undisputed16 like this

#17 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,140 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

Adesanya - middleweight
Perry - welterweight

Perry can move up!

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#18 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 26,140 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

Vick deserves way better than Gaethje. Do Iaquinta/Gaethje

i was gonna say 'this' then I realised you put the names around the wrong way. Vick deserves nothing, hes a redneck idiot
  • juice64011 likes this

v4MjFdj.png

#19 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 11,677 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

I think Dustin will end up getting the next shot tbh.

He did put a war against Justin and that kinda chit sells

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#20 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

I think Dustin will end up getting the next shot tbh.

He did put a war against Justin and that kinda chit sells

Does Dustin have any sort of ground game?

#21 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 11,677 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

Does Dustin have any sort of ground game?

Well, I dont know about that but thats not the point m8

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#22 stehilton94

stehilton94
  • Free
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

Well, I dont know about that but thats not the point m8

Was an honest question, I have never seen him in a ground fight

#23 skillandpower

skillandpower
  • Free
  • 11,677 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

I dont think he is an 'ground game expert' for sure 

• stehilton94 likes this

conair.gif?w=780

"Stop doubting me"

"I wove you Mi"

#24 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 26,687 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:36 PM

He has above average ground skills imo, I've seen him finish a few D'Arce chokes and a triangle armbar. He came up being coached by Tim Credeur who had a short stint in the UFC and is pretty good on the ground.
  • stehilton94 likes this
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#25 AndyWang

AndyWang
  • Elite
  • 23,411 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

UFC needs to sign that idiot Luis Palomino, so Gaethje can get some confidence back
  • skillandpower and stehilton94 like this