Sign in to follow this  
MauroPedrosa

Avengers Infinity War Nerdgin Bash

I just watched the movie so I feel like bragging about it.

I'll give my American brothers some time to catch up before I go into its details, but make sure to watch it and bring your hot takes.

x2ssh.jpg

I'm gonna see it next weekend when the crowds die down a bit, so on Sunday the 6th most likely. I'm looking forward to it, but not overly excited, but I mean if Mauro gun go make a thread then I guess I should be excited about it!!

Call me a goof or a can or a goofy can, but I'm looking forward to Solo more than this movie....and more than deadpool...cause Star Wars...

• Like 2

I'm gonna see it next weekend when the crowds die down a bit, so on Sunday the 6th most likely. I'm looking forward to it, but not overly excited, but I mean if Mauro gun go make a thread then I guess I should be excited about it!!

Call me a goof or a can or a goofy can, but I'm looking forward to Solo more than this movie....and more than deadpool...cause Star Wars...

I didn't grow up around Star Wars movies so I'm not really pumped about those. I absolutely adore the Marvel universe though.

If you're a casual fan you might get a little overwhelmed with Infinity War but it's a great cinematic accomplishment. Hope you enjoy it

I didn't grow up around Star Wars movies so I'm not really pumped about those. I absolutely adore the Marvel universe though.

If you're a casual fan you might get a little overwhelmed with Infinity War but it's a great cinematic accomplishment. Hope you enjoy it

I'm as casual as it comes when it comes to the MCU movies m8, but  glad to see that first reactions for Infinity War are positive. Generally speaking, all the recent MCU movies aren't terrible and relatively all are decent to amazin'...like Spiderman Homecoming Amazin'

• Like 1

I'm as casual as it comes when it comes to the MCU movies m8, but  glad to see that first reactions for Infinity War are positive. Generally speaking, all the recent MCU movies aren't terrible and relatively all are decent to amazin'...like Spiderman Homecoming Amazin'

I'd recommend seeing each and every MCU movie before Infinity War, if you haven't yet :D

• Like 1

I'd recommend seeing each and every MCU movie before Infinity War, if you haven't yet :D

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Thor: Ragnorok (probably spelled wrong), Spiderman Homecoming (personal favorite of all the MCU movies so far), Civil War...yeah I think I'm up to speed! :)

Oh and Black Panther

• Like 1

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Thor: Ragnorok (probably spelled wrong), Spiderman Homecoming (personal favorite of all the MCU movies so far), Civil War...yeah I think I'm up to speed! :)

Oh and Black Panther

Yes, the recent ones are of bigger importance.

The movie was a bit crowded, in that a lot of the characters had nothing to do besides just fight. Especially the people in wakanda. 

At least the stark crew had some good interactions before having to fight. 

Thor was by far the most interesting sub plot, 

but he only made the wakanda fight needlessly convoluted. There was no urgency of time between him passing out constructing stormbreaker and him appearing in the battle. So they should just have left him passed out before the battle even started and had him turn up much later. IMO

• Like 1

The movie was a bit crowded, in that a lot of the characters had nothing to do besides just fight. Especially the people in wakanda. 

At least the stark crew had some good interactions before having to fight. 

Thor was by far the most interesting sub plot, 

but he only made the wakanda fight needlessly convoluted. There was no urgency of time between him passing out constructing stormbreaker and him appearing in the battle. So they should just have left him passed out before the battle even started and had him turn up much later. IMO

It felt like the biggest movie I've ever seen, the cast was ridiculously big but as a nerdgin I was able to enjoy it.

Big spoiler below, don't open this if you haven't watched the movie:

My only nitpick is how they didn't kill any of the main guys in the end. Like wtf, take some risks and give us different main players in the next movie. I guess ticket sales speak too loudly

there is only 2 cool superhero's ever in the history of super heros

Christian Bale's Batman and Deadpool

rest is cabbage

WOW no way was I expecting Thanos to be Cap’s father holy ****!!!

Biggest Cliché in movie HISTORY

It felt like the biggest movie I've ever seen, the cast was ridiculously big but as a nerdgin I was able to enjoy it.

My only nitpick is how they didn't kill any of the main guys in the end. Like wtf, take some risks and give us different main players in the next movie. I guess ticket sales speak too loudly

yeah the movie was so full there were a lot of characters that had nothing to do except fight. I liked that Thor accused Cap of copying his beard haha, how op is Thor now tho?!! Has his own bifrost and everything!

Just saw it. Enjoyed it. On mobile so cant put it in spoiler so wont get too specific but that ending should rustle some jims.

• Like 1

Just saw it. Enjoyed it. On mobile so cant put it in spoiler so wont get too specific but that ending should rustle some jims.

I'll be staring at Elizabeth Olsen in the meantime

• Like 1

Some takeaways;

Theater was dead silent except for a few moments. There was clapping/cheering during Thor going OP in Wakanda and Cap's player 3 has entered the game moment with the Black Order.
Only gasps/cries when Iron Man gets impaled and Black Panther dies.

Some weak writing in the middle and the Cap/Nat/Falcon team is way too overpowered. The fact that they can body the Black Order, but Vision and Wanda can't, is hawt garbage. 1st and 3rd act were fire though.

Some of the bigger laughs in the theater were the "GotG". The Marvel humor works best when it's unexpected i.e. Drax's subtle lulz. "why is Gamora" rather than some of the cringier Spiderman/Ironman interactions.

Wanda took the thickest L this movie. Has to kill Vision, sees him come back to life only to see him get killed again, and then gets killed herself seconds later.

Giant Dinklage and Red Skull was a surprise to be sure but a welcome one.

When Spiderman and Black Panther died, you knew they were all coming back in the next one but I hope Loki, Gamora, and the others that died before the snap, stay dead. 17 movies in and only Quicksilver has died and stayed dead.

Disappoint we didn't get to see a Cap/Ironman bro moment and Starlord's return to Earth but look forward to the next one and it's def top 3 for me.

• Like 2

Some takeaways;

Theater was dead silent except for a few moments. There was clapping/cheering during Thor going OP in Wakanda and Cap's player 3 has entered the game moment with the Black Order.

Only gasps/cries when Iron Man gets impaled and Black Panther dies.

Some weak writing in the middle and the Cap/Nat/Falcon team is way too overpowered. The fact that they can body the Black Order, but Vision and Wanda can't, is hawt garbage. 1st and 3rd act were fire though.

Some of the bigger laughs in the theater were the "GotG". The Marvel humor works best when it's unexpected i.e. Drax's subtle lulz. "why is Gamora" rather than some of the cringier Spiderman/Ironman interactions.

Wanda took the thickest L this movie. Has to kill Vision, sees him come back to life only to see him get killed again, and then gets killed herself seconds later.

Giant Dinklage and Red Skull was a surprise to be sure but a welcome one.

When Spiderman and Black Panther died, you knew they were all coming back in the next one but I hope Loki, Gamora, and the others that died before the snap, stay dead. 17 movies in and only Quicksilver has died and stayed dead.

Disappoint we didn't get to see a Cap/Ironman bro moment and Starlord's return to Earth but look forward to the next one and it's def top 3 for me.

Yes, I was a little disappointed that they didn't kill the main guys but they will probably kick the bucket in the next one, which should be a fantastic movie as well.

People cheered and clapped when Thor came to Earth but I was looking at my little brother and missed some details lol.

I'm going to see the movie tonight again and can't wait to see some stuff that I missed

• Like 1

Also,

I think Iron Man and Captain will do a double-sacrifice to bring the others back to life. Marvel likes to do stuff that no one has done before and that would certainly be something

I liked the immediate dominance struggle between Stark and Strange, it’s like two guys used to getting their way and being the smartest guys in the room being forced to team up. There wasn’t enough time to explore it.

• Like 3

“Tell him about the

dance off to save the universe”

:)

Ronin is suppose to appear in Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel is suppose to take place in the 90s. So you're telling me Ronin likely familiarized himself with 90s culture and ISN'T familiar with a dance off? Totally breaks my immersion. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5233950

• Like 2

In hindsight I'm actually glad that they're the ones who survived. The entire mcu is basically their story and their evolution. It wouldn't make sense for their arcs to end with them dying just to make thanos look good. It will be much more fitting if their ends came undoing what thanos has done and saving the lost heroes... if that's the route they go down... but I don't think their ends will be death, they'll probably retire given Tony's dream about Pepper

In hindsight I'm actually glad that they're the ones who survived. The entire mcu is basically their story and their evolution. It wouldn't make sense for their arcs to end with them dying just to make thanos look good. It will be much more fitting if their ends came undoing what thanos has done and saving the lost heroes... if that's the route they go down... but I don't think their ends will be death, they'll probably retire given Tony's dream about Pepper

"If we cant protect the Earth, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it"

• Like 2

it was better than that overrated chit black panther

I loved it, especially the ending and the after credits scene too was very well done

• Like 2

Just got back from my 2nd viewing. There really are a lot of details that you miss. Dr Strange's powers are really complex and I didn't catch some the first time

I think I'm gonna see it Sunday night

I still haven't seen it

• Like 2

Just got back from my 2nd viewing. There really are a lot of details that you miss. Dr Strange's powers are really complex and I didn't catch some the first time

You would think 18 movies in they would have figured out the timing by now but I must have missed 10 lines in the movie where a character says something right after a punchline and the laughter was too loud to hear. Taking the kids today for a 2nd viewing.

• Like 1

You would think 18 movies in they would have figured out the timing by now but I must have missed 10 lines in the movie where a character says something right after a punchline and the laughter was too loud to hear. Taking the kids today for a 2nd viewing.

This happened a lot in Guardians 2

Took my kid to see it on an Imax for his birthday
Thought it was really good.
Agree with what has been said in the spoilers

Will have another viewing next week sometime

• Like 2

I saw this meme a couple days ago...I just got done watching it not too long ago. I concur with this photo..

aq7RE1v_700b.jpg

• Like 2

I like the Empire-like vibe the movie gave off at the end. Heroes were all defeated or dead, there wasn't some optimistic ending for the heroes where they feel like they can battle back. They were just straight up wrecked. I think the saddest part of the movie, for me, is at the end where everyone is dying and Spiderman says, "I don't feel so good, I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, etc"..and falls into Stark's arms...childhood ruined. All in all, great movie. I thought the humor was good, but I felt like there was too much at times. I didn't like how there would be a serious moment, only to be interrupted by a joke, and then resume the moment in that scene. Think it happened too many times. Not sure if I'll do a second viewing of the movie, but we'll see what happens down the road!

• Like 2

I like the Empire-like vibe the movie gave off at the end. Heroes were all defeated or dead, there wasn't some optimistic ending for the heroes where they feel like they can battle back. They were just straight up wrecked. I think the saddest part of the movie, for me, is at the end where everyone is dying and Spiderman says, "I don't feel so good, I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, etc"..and falls into Stark's arms...childhood ruined. All in all, great movie. I thought the humor was good, but I felt like there was too much at times. I didn't like how there would be a serious moment, only to be interrupted by a joke, and then resume the moment in that scene. Think it happened too many times. Not sure if I'll do a second viewing of the movie, but we'll see what happens down the road!

Typical Marvel humor. Sometimes it can be too much but Batista is freaking funny. That

Why is Gamora?

line was really good

• Like 1

Was worried it would go this way with how TLJ and Thor Ragnarok went but cant think of a single moment that derailed the over arching doom and gloom theme of it for me. Thought all the jokes were well timed and werent out of context. Seeing Thor and Starlord on screen together made me realize God used very few of my stat points on charisma.

• Like 1

Typical Marvel humor. Sometimes it can be too much but Batista is freaking funny. That

Why is Gamora?

line was really good

"This is not a dude...... youre a dude" tickled my angus for reasons unknown

• Like 3

Yeah the humor was good for sure, just a couple scenes I felt were out of place, but for the most part the humor was great.

For being a 2 hour or 2 and a half movie, whatever it was, it certainly didn't feel like it to me. I thought with having so many characters in the movie it would become too dense or convoluted at times, but I cant recall a single time during this movie I was not hooked to the screen.

Well paced and overall this movie kicks serious ****. And I'm rescinding my previous statement...I want to see this again.

• Like 3