Photo

This is what happens when the police do their jobs.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 56,864 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

A school resource officer in Illinois is being hailed as a hero after stopping a gunman at a high school on Wednesday morning. 

The incident at Dixon High School ended when the officer shot an armed former student who opened fire at the campus, NBC 5 in Chicago reports.

"A lot of things went right today when a great many of them could have gone wrong," Dixon Mayor Liandro Arellano Jr. told the station.

The 19-year-old suspect arrived at the campus around 8 a.m. and fired at the officer, who then returned fire, Dixon Police Chief Steven Howell said at a news conference.

Howell commended the officer for his quick response.

“I could not be more proud of the police officer and the way he responded to the situation. With shots ringing out through the hallways of the school, he charged towards the suspect and confronted him, head on,” Howell said. “Because of his heroic actions, countless lives were saved. We are forever indebted to him for his service and his bravery.”

The police chief said the suspect initially fired several shots near the school’s gymnasium, where he was soon confronted by the resource officer. The suspect then ran away and fired a shot at the pursuing officer, according to the police chief, who added that the officer returned fire and wounded the suspect.

Howell said the suspect was taken into custody and is currently receiving medical treatment for what are believed to be non-life threatening injuries. The officer who exchanged shots with the suspect will be put on paid administrative leave, which is routine. None of the other Dixon High students or staff were injured in the incident.

Dixon City Manager Danny Langloss said the suspect is believed to have acted alone and added that there are no further threats to student safety.

http://thehill.com/b...ed-fire-on-high

This town is about an hour from my house. I've been saying that there was no way you were going to shoot up a school in this area. I'll score this one for me.

• SVTContour98, sobercuban, TwennyFo and 1 other like this
Champion of UFC Predictions League 2017, UFCFCCL 2017, Survivor Series IX,
Gambler's Prediction League Season 3, Next Big Thing Season 1, 

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png
Head-to-head match record since Tournament XV: 25-8-3 (+58)

there is literally nothing you don;t know.

amazin

#2 PlatinumClegg

PlatinumClegg

Somebody might die!

• Free
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

I'll bet you 10 grand the major media outlets don't touch this because no one got killed by an AR15.  Even your local newspaper probably buries this to page 7.

• SVTContour98, IrishSemtex, TheBigD and 2 others like this

LikableLittleGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif

Don't want to brag but I've done dong comparisons with white guys before

#3 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 56,864 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

I'll bet you 10 grand the major media outlets don't touch this because no one got killed by an AR15.  Even your local newspaper probably buries this to page 7.

Two shooting stories ahead of it on the local news. 

Nothing to see here. Just police doing their jobs.  :(

• SVTContour98 likes this

UFC Predictions Tournament XV (Team USA vs. Team World) and Tournament of Champions II titles.png

amazin

#4 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,255 posts
  • LocationChamp Champs home state

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

Congrats? 

Nah but good to hear at least one shooting gets stopped. Only thing that would have been better is if the suspect was 6 ft deep. 

I'm not really for killing per se but yeah people like that i want them to pls just die. 

e323249005db0bcda6fa34bce037f98e.jpg

#5 IrishSemtex

IrishSemtex
  • Free
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

This is my shocked face at the lack of media coverage.

Good job to that cop though, except for the suspect surviving anyway...
Jenna didn't tap.

Mauro will not divide us.

#6 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,425 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

I mean, I don't want to be a negative nancy, but it says the gunman opened fire on the officer. He was literally the first person shot at and he responded to save his own life. 

Not to say he wouldn't have done the right thing, but then again, also in the news today is the fact that they cowardly **** who sat outside taking cover in Parkland just cashed his first pension check for roughly $8500.

Mother **** is getting 100K a year. 

post-406774-0-33798100-1483399020.jpg

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#7 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,425 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

Actually, I just read a better written article that explained what happened more clearly and the SRO did a good job. I recant my statement.

• sobercuban and cashfl0w like this

The forum just can't handle level-headed fact-based analysis using the queen's English.  I should have just said that Vanatta double-diggled that foglet Ferguson in blueberry flavoured buttermilk and I'm sure Banham would have agreed. 

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#8 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

I'll wait for the black lives matter morons to come on and say that the officer was shooting near black students with no care in the world....

#9 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,779 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

I mean, I don't want to be a negative nancy, but it says the gunman opened fire on the officer. He was literally the first person shot at and he responded to save his own life.

Not to say he wouldn't have done the right thing, but then again, also in the news today is the fact that they cowardly **** who sat outside taking cover in Parkland just cashed his first pension check for roughly $8500.

Someone needs to shoot HIM!
  • cashfl0w likes this

conair.gif?w=780

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

#10 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 56,864 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

You're illegally armed, and not doing much else.

What are you waiting for?
  • MoZZez likes this

amazin

#11 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 20,543 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

screen_shot_2018-02-27_at_11.17.30_pm.pn

I agree

#12 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,779 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

You're illegally armed, and not doing much else.

What are you waiting for?

I don't have a gun, I never had one.

conair.gif?w=780

#13 cashfl0w

cashfl0w

Stay woke, fam.

• Free
  • 56,864 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

I don't have a gun, I never had one.

This is like how you never had a girl at the hostel, right?

amazin

#14 -idyb-

-idyb-

the goatiest of goats who ever goated

• Free
  • 13,537 posts
  • Location💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 💆 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 👫 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐GSP's #1 Fan ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐ 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🏒🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏒 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🏁 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎮 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸 🎸

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

this kind of chit would never happen in canada

JOFZEZN.jpg

47zWmRx.jpg

Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping.

#15 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,779 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

This is like how you never had a girl at the hostel, right?

I was never at a hostel, I made that up. I can't say I've really been too far out of Ohio.
  • TheBigD likes this

conair.gif?w=780

#16 Bezerker101

Bezerker101

Zerk

• Free
  • 20,543 posts
  • LocationCebu

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

this kind of chit would never happen in canada

or Rhode Island

#17 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 19,034 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

If the kid had an AR-15, the cop, and 20 students, are dead.

KD.gifKS.gif

#18 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 27,288 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

So by your logic the black dude and 20 people should be dead at the waffle house. Yet the guy took the AR-15 away and limited the deaths.
  • cashfl0w likes this
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#19 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 19,034 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:49 PM

So by your logic the black dude and 20 people should be dead at the waffle house. Yet the guy took the AR-15 away and limited the deaths.

He took it away because the guy who had it stopped shooting.

KD.gifKS.gif

#20 juice64011

juice64011
  • Moderators
  • 27,288 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

He took it away because the guy who had it stopped shooting.

So in your fantasy scenario this kid has unlimited ammo?

The kid saw the cop, ran away, and fired a shot at him while running. If you put an AR in his hands and he runs away then it still has the same result. Good luck accurately shooting at someone behind you with a rifle while running.
  • cashfl0w likes this
MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 4 ChampionOfficial JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 18:TUF Champion
UFC Prediction Tournament 23 Champion

#21 sobercuban

sobercuban

CHAMP CHAMP

• Moderators
  • 60,419 posts
  • LocationPopeye's

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

So you're saying that someone with a handgun is no match for someone with an AR-15? 

Sounds like all the more reason to buy an AR-15.  I'll take any advantage I can get in a home-invasion scenario.  

• SVTContour98 and cashfl0w like this

xb0_Mo.gif                     

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#22 sobercuban

sobercuban

CHAMP CHAMP

• Moderators
  • 60,419 posts
  • LocationPopeye's

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Remember when retards were talking about the high muzzle velocity of an AR and how the Parkland scumbag who sat on his fat *** was right to not engage the shooter because of it? 

Like 1000 ft per second or 3000 ft per second matter in close quarters.  Or hell, any quarters, nobody is going to dodge the handgun bullets.  

• cashfl0w likes this

xb0_Mo.gif                     

post-406774-0-05914100-1428435713.jpg

#23 ReturnoftheSoup

ReturnoftheSoup

Forum Knight

• Free
  • 6,779 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:40 PM

Remember when retards were talking about the high muzzle velocity of an AR and how the Parkland scumbag who sat on his fat *** was right to not engage the shooter because of it?

Like 1000 ft per second or 3000 ft per second matter in close quarters. Or hell, any quarters, nobody is going to dodge the handgun bullets.

Anderson Silva in his prime could have.
  • sobercuban, TheBigD and -idyb- like this

conair.gif?w=780

#24 Ozpride

Ozpride

The GOAT of Aussie GOATS

• Free
  • 27,117 posts
  • LocationCormier actually SUCKS

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:05 AM

Like 1000 ft per second or 3000 ft per second matter in close quarters. Or hell, any quarters, nobody is going to dodge the handgun bullets.

Soup could, if said bullets had 'responsibilities' written on them

JzWdMLM.gif

Edited by Ozpride, 17 May 2018 - 01:17 AM.

• juice64011, sobercuban, TUF and 1 other like this

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION                 UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 14 CHAMPION

2015 CAMP LEAGUE CHAMPION                             P4P AUSSIE HYPE TRAIN CONTROLLER

v4MjFdj.png

#25 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 19,034 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:22 AM

Like 1000 ft per second or 3000 ft per second matter in close quarters.  Or hell, any quarters, nobody is going to dodge the handgun bullets.  

Ramon Rojo: When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will be a dead man. That's an old Mexican Proverb...and it's true.

KD.gifKS.gif

#26 StompGrind

StompGrind

OG since 09

• Free
  • 38,255 posts
  • LocationChamp Champs home state

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:07 AM

Ramon Rojo: When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will be a dead man. That's an old Mexican Proverb...and it's true.

Depends on the gun, type of round and accuracy of the shooter but generally at range because of stopping power and the ability for a rifle shot to stay truer with better accuracy simply because of it's velocity then yeah sure it's more lethal. 

A shotgun is way more deadly than a rifle in close quarters. Depends on the round but generally if you shot something with a rifle at close range it's going right through it. A shogun is going to blow it to smithereens. At great distances though the shotgun is nearly worthless. 

Hell a knife or these hands can be much more deadly in a phone booth than a rifle.  :P

• juice64011 and ReturnoftheSoup like this

e323249005db0bcda6fa34bce037f98e.jpg

#27 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:14 AM

Good to hear everyone's safe.

"All will be well."

ezgif-3-dc4b0e889e.gif

#28 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,425 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:59 AM

lol that's retarded. Yea, if by meet then you mean at 100 meters, then sure. 

If they're in close quarters, whoever shoots who first is going to win. You think a guy takes a .45 to the chest and shrugs it off from the virtue of holding a rifle?

• juice64011, ReturnoftheSoup and sobercuban like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#29 TUF

TUF
  • Free
  • 24,873 posts
  • LocationFlavortown

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:22 AM

Literally just got done besmirching this cuck with these exact words ^ to my wife. Not sure how to feel about it tbh. It makes it look so much worse that he's cashing out for 100k a year now but on the other hand if I knew I was retiring in a few days with that kind of pension waiting for me, would I 1v1 somebody who has me outgunned. At best your 50/50 and as far as he knew, it could have been multiple shooters. Hopefully some of that money finds its way to the victims families. 

conair.gif?w=780

Condit 1,3,4

#30 classicboxer

classicboxer

THE KING OF THE FORUM

• Free
  • 19,034 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:39 AM

lol that's retarded. Yea, if by meet then you mean at 100 meters, then sure. 

If they're in close quarters, whoever shoots who first is going to win. You think a guy takes a .45 to the chest and shrugs it off from the virtue of holding a rifle?

It was just a quote from a Clint Eastwood movie...............................................dumb ****!

KD.gifKS.gif

#31 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,425 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:57 AM

Literally just got done besmirching this cuck with these exact words ^ to my wife. Not sure how to feel about it tbh. It makes it look so much worse that he's cashing out for 100k a year now but on the other hand if I knew I was retiring in a few days with that kind of pension waiting for me, would I 1v1 somebody who has me outgunned. At best your 50/50 and as far as he knew, it could have been multiple shooters. Hopefully some of that money finds its way to the victims families. 

It's actually shocking to me that a sheriffs deputy pension is over 100K a year. Cops are always bemoaning how underpaid they are for the difficulty of the job. 

Look at it this way. In the next couple of years, we'll see guys retiring from the military who spent the entirety of their enlistments at war in the middle east. 

A Navy Seal who deployed 10 times to war zones and has three purple hearts will get nowhere even close to 100K a year. This cuck cowers the one time he was actually needed and will live the rest of his days in luxury. 

Edited by 12er™, 17 May 2018 - 06:57 AM.

• juice64011, sobercuban and TUF like this

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#32 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:38 AM

It's actually shocking to me that a sheriffs deputy pension is over 100K a year. Cops are always bemoaning how underpaid they are for the difficulty of the job.

Look at it this way. In the next couple of years, we'll see guys retiring from the military who spent the entirety of their enlistments at war in the middle east.

A Navy Seal who deployed 10 times to war zones and has three purple hearts will get nowhere even close to 100K a year. This cuck cowers the one time he was actually needed and will live the rest of his days in luxury.

How many years thouth?
I'm surprised the guy will get 100k a year. But how many years did he serve to get that pension compared to 10 tours?

Not saying it's right, I'm just looking for a comparison.

At my wife's detachment, and this one irks me a lot, the old district commander retired in his 50s with 32 years service to a good 6 figure pension. Then was hired back on as a consultant doing a lot of similar work and another comfy 6 figure pay cheque. So the mother **** is double dipping the tax payers for over 300k a year to do a job he was already basically doing.

#33 12er™

12er™

King Blueberry

• Free
  • 56,425 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe 311

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:38 PM

How many years thouth?
I'm surprised the guy will get 100k a year. But how many years did he serve to get that pension compared to 10 tours?

Not saying it's right, I'm just looking for a comparison.

At my wife's detachment, and this one irks me a lot, the old district commander retired in his 50s with 32 years service to a good 6 figure pension. Then was hired back on as a consultant doing a lot of similar work and another comfy 6 figure pay cheque. So the mother **** is double dipping the tax payers for over 300k a year to do a job he was already basically doing.

A military retirement can be after 20 all the way up to 40 years IIRC. 

With the Army, after a certain number of years you have to re-enlist indefinitely and then you have to get permission to retire and they can say no.

My Battalion Sergeant Major wanted to retire after we got back from Iraq and they said no, lol. They made him go be a brigade sergeant major at tradoc.

- Bubba Sparks 2016

#34 MoZZez

MoZZez
  • Free
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

A military retirement can be after 20 all the way up to 40 years IIRC. 

With the Army, after a certain number of years you have to re-enlist indefinitely and then you have to get permission to retire and they can say no.

My Battalion Sergeant Major wanted to retire after we got back from Iraq and they said no, lol. They made him go be a brigade sergeant major at tradoc.

I wasnt sure if it was years, or if you did a lot of deployments in a shorter period of time that you could expedite it.
There is one officer here, Native guy, joined at 18 and is 1 year from eligible retirement at the age of 38 with 20 years in. He will be set for life as its all tax free as he was based out of reserves. Though he wont be making 100k a year retired.

#35 Taylor_Schonerstedt

Taylor_Schonerstedt
  • Free
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Mud, Texas

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

Fluck the Police