Sign in to follow this  
Decompoze

Laurel or Yanny Audio Clip Debate.

2018's white/gold blue/black version is this audio clip apparently. If you hear Yanny you're a demon.

http://time.com/5278817/yanny-or-laurel-audio-clip-debate/

There’s a new debate storming the internet that’s reminiscent of the furor over that white and gold dress back in 2015 (or was it blue and back?)

People are torn over an audio clip of a computer-generated voice, with some listeners saying they hear the word ‘Laurel’ in a deep male voice, and others saying they hear ‘Yanny’ in a higher-pitch.

The recording went viral after it first surfaced on Reddit earlier this week. It was later posted on Twitter, where it has been liked more than 50,000 times and stoked a fierce debate.

It's Laurel, and this entire thing is a troll job.

lol my exact reaction when I read this chit. 

Sharing regardless so the mods can ban the Yannys.

• Like 1

Okay I think it is Laurel ..... wtf ........... 

If I'm looking away from my laptop all I hear is Laurel,  Only hear Yanny if I'm looking at the video

people tuned into the retard frequency hear yanny

• Like 4

If you hear Yanny, I hope you die in a fire.

It's so weird.  The first time I heard Yanny exclusively.  Now I can't hear Yanny at all.

The brain is weird.  

• Like 1

LOL ok i just watched it again and it switches. This is more like the new Rick Rolled fkery then the white or blue dress which is a just a eye/light trick. 

Hmm i guess it isn't a troll but just an audio illusion perhaps. 

https://www.menshealth.com/trending-news/a20717146/yanny-vs-laurel-audio-expert-explains/

If so it's weird my brain heard it differently the second time around. 

The first time i listened it was clearly only Laurel in a deep authoritative voice. The Yanny one sounds much more piercingly naggy and annoying like a high pitched woman. 

Lol watched it again and it's back to Laurel. 

Edited by StompGrind

Two factors involved:  1.  Everybody's ears are different (Me for example - I have a difficult time with higher pitches)  2.  The mediums used to deliver the recording are not set to the exact same configurations. 

This morning on the radio, I heard Laurel clear as day.  The recording I hear on my computer is clearly Yanny. 

I wonder if any of it has to do with brainwave frequency states i.e. Delta, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Theta. 

I tested it on my laptop several times and got different results but for whatever reason i can't hear both at the same time with one being a little more dominant. It's either fully one or the other and it's never back to back it always switches. If i listen to it back to back it's the same one and doesn't switch. If i wait 30 seconds to a minute and play it again it will always be the other one. 

That's my results at least. I find this pretty intradesting and would like to know in more detail why some people only hear one while others can hear more than one. 

Edited by StompGrind

Sounds like a drunk person slurring both together to me. I can isolate either depending on what i focus on.

• Like 1