SVTContour98

Active Self Protection

Also, muteftw/vert claims that gun owners need insurance just in the extreme unlikelihood that a gun owner kills someone "innocent" yet doesnt think its necessary to be prepared to defend yourself because it's unlikely.

Lmfao. Idiot.

• Like 6

just comply LOLOLOL, what an idiot

Compliance is generally a good idea but there are plenty of situations where it goes out the window and by doing so you compromise your position so that in the event $hit goes down you still need to make sure you put yourself in a situation where if need be you have a chance to defend yourself instead of being helpless. 

Main thing about all that is material things can be replaced so do check your ego and be cool but you still gotta be ready rock n roll and ready to die with no fear.  

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

Also, muteftw/vert claims that gun owners need insurance just in the extreme unlikelihood that a gun owner kills someone "innocent" yet doesnt think its necessary to be prepared to defend yourself because it's unlikely.

Lmfao. Idiot.

you are more likely to get yourself killed or shoot some innocent than you are of sucessfully twarting a robbery...so yeah insurance seems like the most responsible action for tough guy heros.

I always have threef layers of protection with me at all times. 

My mind bullets

wits-poster.jpg

My martial weapons

mma.jpg?w=560

and the passion in my pants. 

Make-America-Erect-Again-Condom-Foil-Han

• Like 1

I've used self defense techniques three times in the past 14 years, longer than you've been alive boy.

You know, it's just the way you say it: "I've used self-defense techniques…"

When you say it that way, I find it very hard to believe you.

• Like 1

You know, it's just the way you say it: "I've used self-defense techniques…"

When you say it that way, I find it very hard to believe you.

Hey look, it's the person who lies about being a transient and going from city to city to be a bartender, a person who claims to be a boxer, a dead beat father, this and that and whatever.

Do you even know who you are anymore misfit? What legend of grandeur are you going to conjure up next?

Edited by I_Take_Roids_m8
  • Like 5

ITR's perception of himself:

elias-name-change-wwe.jpg

Reality:

best_guy_ever.jpg

Lmfao. Spot on. Is it middle school out for the summer yet junior?

• Like 1

Yeah and I have never had a someone try to steal from me or hurt me...its a low probabilty risk... if it ever did happen Ill just give them what they want and call it a day.

The people that do get killed by thugs are the ones that try to play tough guy hero.

So, you admit you're addressing this topic with zero relevant life experience? 

• Like 4

No chance that's a murder charge. Voluntary manslaughter at worst. Wasn't premeditated and that's what I was talking about with his videos sometimes. Makes a video about how "you shoot until the threat is stopped" and contradicts his own video here. 

• Like 1

So, you admit you're addressing this topic with zero relevant life experience?

Much like every other topic...
  • Like 4

No chance that's a murder charge. Voluntary manslaughter at worst. Wasn't premeditated and that's what I was talking about with his videos sometimes. Makes a video about how "you shoot until the threat is stopped" and contradicts his own video here. 

He could have just stayed in the car and would have avoided the threat. lol...........

1st shot can be considered defense....with that shot the guy was disabled....the second two shots were in the back of the head lol

yeah i guess in this instance he's thinking the threat was stopped after the 2nd shot....it's a fine line

• Like 3

I watch every one of this guy's videos.  

i dont watch them cause i dont live in a country where gun violence is a daily occurrence.

The chances of me being involved in a situation like this in england is next to 0.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

He could have just stayed in the car and would have avoided the threat. lol...........

1st shot can be considered defense....with that shot the guy was disabled....the second two shots were in the back of the head lol

Stayed in the car that just had it's window busted out? Yes, clearly it's impenetrable. First 2 shots were defensible. 3rd should catch him manslaughter at worst. Attacker was still standing.  

• Like 2

he neutralized the threat. what more do you want?

• Like 3

The people that do get killed by thugs are the ones that try to play tough guy hero.

That's not necessarily true. Sometimes it's better to be a little more passive. Sometimes it'll be the thing that gets you killed. Has nothing to do with bravado but everything to do with survival. 

Knowing people, knowing yourself, knowing the situation and weighing your options and making choices given a circumstance can differ from time to time. 

Compliance or putting up a fight depends on circumstances and can change like the wind. 

• Like 1

Stayed in the car that just had it's window busted out? Yes, clearly it's impenetrable. First 2 shots were defensible. 3rd should catch him manslaughter at worst. Attacker was still standing.  

lol with that ****ty stick? come on man.... he stays in the car and lets that other guy vent and problems over....or worse case goes out and fights him....the guy isnt killing him with the stick....

He clearly was enraged and murderd the guy execution style.

Guy in the video wasnt in imminent danger.

Can you discuss scenarios like this with your instructor when you go for your conceal-carry permit?  My wife has hers and we've discussed lawful uses of firearms and some of the things her instructor said seem incorrect.  Like basically if my wife was getting beat up by some attacker and she pulled her gun she would be at fault for escalating things.  We have a stand your ground law but I think it just applies to your home, vehicle and workplace.  

There's so much misinformation floating around about NC law, it's hard to sort.  

• Like 2

Guy in the video wasnt in imminent danger.

Can you discuss scenarios like this with your instructor when you go for your conceal-carry permit?  My wife has hers and we've discussed lawful uses of firearms and some of the things her instructor said seem incorrect.  Like basically if my wife was getting beat up by some attacker and she pulled her gun she would be at fault for escalating things.  We have a stand your ground law but I think it just applies to your home, vehicle and workplace.  

There's so much misinformation floating around about NC law, it's hard to sort.  

what does Imminent danger mean?

Imminent means "about to happen" and danger means "the possibility of suffering harm or injury"...so it seems to me this man was in imminent danger, as well as, NOT the aggressor...the guy - following a man into a parking lot, getting a large stick/pipe/something out of his trunk, then taking 3 swings at the guy (easily breaking the driver window), then opening his car door to go after him - was the aggressor and was actively attempting to severely injure this other guy.

I can't really see an issue with the initial gun use here...the follow-up action is the issue (as was brought up in the video).

• Like 1

Hey look, it's the person who lies about being a transient and going from city to city to be a bartender, a person who claims to be a boxer, a dead beat father, this and that and whatever.

Do you even know who you are anymore misfit? What legend of grandeur are you going to conjure up next?

Oh boy, I better watch out. You just might use a self-defense technique against me.

Imminent means "about to happen" and danger means "the possibility of suffering harm or injury"...so it seems to me this man was in imminent danger, as well as, NOT the aggressor...the guy - following a man into a parking lot, getting a large stick/pipe/something out of his trunk, then taking 3 swings at the guy (easily breaking the driver window), then opening his car door to go after him - was the aggressor and was actively attempting to severely injure this other guy.

I can't really see an issue with the initial gun use here...the follow-up action is the issue (as was brought up in the video).

Have thought about this before and look at it this way. If it's somebody that knows you personally. Knows where you live and where to find you and they prove here that they're not above nearly killing you with a pipe, if I shoot them, they spend a week in the hospital, a few months in jail for attacking you but what do they do when they get out. You have either 3 choices, uproot your whole life so they can't find you, spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder until they get revenge on you, or finish it. I would kill them 10/10 times in that scenario. Just makes sure the first 2 shots are kill shots next time. 

Oh boy, I better watch out. You just might use a self-defense technique against me.

Have you found a way to make it further than a couple miles away from your box?
  • Like 1

Have thought about this before and look at it this way. If it's somebody that knows you personally. Knows where you live and where to find you and they prove here that they're not above nearly killing you with a pipe, if I shoot them, they spend a week in the hospital, a few months in jail for attacking you but what do they do when they get out. You have either 3 choices, uproot your whole life so they can't find you, spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder until they get revenge on you, or finish it. I would kill them 10/10 times in that scenario. Just makes sure the first 2 shots are kill shots next time. 

I wonder what the reason was for the stick guy to follow him that way...clearly the two were escalating their issues..

I also wonder what TC thinks.....hmmmm

I understand what you are getting at, but I mean I don't think that would stand-up in Court....But Your Honor, WHAT IF he recovers, then searches for me, and then finds me, and then tries to get me back.

Though I can understand the concern, I doubt you'd have a leg to stand on.

I have the same thoughts when I see the following scenario play out:  Bad guys with a gun bust into a store, good guy with a gun shoots one of them, they start to turn around to leave....do you ( A )  Keep shooting b/c you don't know what they are trying to do (flee or go get more of their buddies) or ( B ) let them leave, take defensive follow-up preparations and hope they don't come back.

There's a reason you can't shoot a fleeing suspect tho

Does anyone watch videos you post in these threads?

You have zero experience with firearms. You're like the alternate Vert.

not exactly true, when i was in thailand i did visit a firing range and i do think firing ranges are an appropriate place to discharge a firearm. Target shooting is absolutely fine, however it isnt what a gun was designed for exactly. A gun is designed to kill, just like a sword is designed to stab or cut with the intent to kill. Doesnt mean doing fencing or practising sword fighting cannot be acceptable but i dont think keeping a sword or gun in the house is needed in order to partake in sword fighting or a firing range.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

I understand what you are getting at, but I mean I don't think that would stand-up in Court....But Your Honor, WHAT IF he recovers, then searches for me, and then finds me, and then tries to get me back.

Though I can understand the concern, I doubt you'd have a leg to stand on.

I have the same thoughts when I see the following scenario play out:  Bad guys with a gun bust into a store, good guy with a gun shoots one of them, they start to turn around to leave....do you ( A )  Keep shooting b/c you don't know what they are trying to do (flee or go get more of their buddies) or ( B ) let them leave, take defensive follow-up preparations and hope they don't come back.

There's a reason you can't shoot a fleeing suspect tho

Yea I didn't mean in court. Just given those 3 options I'm trying to take the lawful kill shot in every scenario. Or just invite him to play Fortnite and then expect to never hear from him again. 

• Like 1

Yea I didn't mean in court. Just given those 3 options I'm trying to take the lawful kill shot in every scenario. Or just invite him to play Fortnite and then expect to never hear from him again. 

oh yeah no doubt, if you pull the gun out it's to kill not to injure

• Like 3

One of the main reasons i don't own a firearm or watch videos like this is i don't want to be influenced by any of that or the media and then in the off chance i find myself in a situation where i might have to take a life in a split second to defend myself it's not something i'd wanna do but i know i would at the drop of a hat then suddenly i'm getting sued, retaliated upon or going to jail over it because i didn't carry out the letter of the law to a T. 

I kinda just have this attitude where i just let go and accept whatever comes. Would rather let my natural instincts run their course than to live in a state of worry because my mind is naturally aware of danger at all times and operates that way so i don't wanna let it influence me enough to be that pro-active guy because i know i easily could be & it probably wouldn't be good for me so i'll take my chances because it's remote enough chance to me, i have confidence i can handle myself if it did but if i couldn't then i don't really fear death. 

Maybe that's stupid IDK but i find i'm a lot more happy with life when i live it without trying to control everything or give fear any more power over me than it deserves.  

Edited by StompGrind

You're doing a pretty good job of destroying your own life m8.

Edited by I_Take_Roids_m8
  • Like 1

@SVT, you're responsibility is to neutralize the threat. The problem with that video is that he did neutralize it with the first shot. The guy turned around and he shot him twice more. It was apparent he was trying to flee and was shot. That's what hung the guy in court.

Even if some dirtbag breaks into your house and he sees you getting ready to fire and he turns to run and you shoot him, you're fooked.

If he would have stayed in his car and shot him if he broke the glass or even began hitting the window, he would be fine.

I took Larry Vickers course and he explains all of this in depth on a state to state basis.

• Like 1

He got out of his car. He put himself in that situation. Unfortunately that is the "law". He had means to protect himself by staying in the car, even if it didn't work out and then he could have shot him.

The courts are crooked. I personally dont see anything wrong with blowing him away but it's how it works.

• Like 1

@SVT, you're responsibility is to neutralize the threat. The problem with that video is that he did neutralize it with the first shot. The guy turned around and he shot him twice more. It was apparent he was trying to flee and was shot. That's what hung the guy in court.

Even if some dirtbag breaks into your house and he sees you getting ready to fire and he turns to run and you shoot him, you're fooked.

If he would have stayed in his car and shot him if he broke the glass or even began hitting the window, he would be fine.

I took Larry Vickers course and he explains all of this in depth on a state to state basis.

What does the course say about someone you know wants to kill you. Do you sit back and let it happen, prepare for worst & hope for best or get umm...Bronson pro-active? 

I'm not being a smart @ss btw and i know the answer ^^ but i had a situation like that when i was around 17-18 & it's part of the reason i don't really necessarily like guns in the first place. There's tew much coward/bravado involved for some and it gives a false sense of power imo so maybe a person is willing to take a situation to defcon 1 when it doesn't warrant that at all. In other words because of fear or a sense of power they manifest a situation that's bad or really bad when in needn't be either. 

I, as well as the video, agree with you regarding the follow-up shots.

I agree w everything above

He got out of his car. He put himself in that situation. Unfortunately that is the "law". He had means to protect himself by staying in the car, even if it didn't work out and then he could have shot him.

The courts are crooked. I personally dont see anything wrong with blowing him away but it's how it works.

Hard to say how it would have worked out staying in the car...it's not a fail safe afterall.

• Like 1

I do know of someone who faced a home invasion situation, he ended up fatally wounding one of the intruders with a knife. The whole thing was under investigation and then i changed my job so never found out exactly what happened.

I, as well as the video, agree with you regarding the follow-up shots.

I agree w everything above

Hard to say how it would have worked out staying in the car...it's not a fail safe afterall.

Agree but the law seems to favor the criminals, in every situation. Some times criminals or there families sue the homeowner for being injured or killed and every so often they are awarded a settlement.

Its corrupt.

• Like 3

Agree but the law seems to favor the criminals, in every situation. Some times criminals or there families sue the homeowner for being injured or killed and every so often they are awarded a settlement.

Its corrupt.

That's why i'm kinda advocating prudence because some of ya'll sound like John Wayne and i don't wanna see ya'll on the news.  :P

• Like 2

my point is

1. these vids are nice to watch but in real life if you get mugged just give the criminal what he wants and dont play tough guy hero.

2. lol at SVT 'learning' from these vids.

Only time I've been mugged is by the police in Mexico.  It happens too often down there.  I've seen it happen quite a few times to others down there by the police too...  

Today's video

Saw this on the news yesterday and knew it would be prime candidate for that channel. 

Step 1: Don't get out of the car of a guy that's swinging a sledgehammer at it.

Step 2: If you ignore step 1, don't jump out of car when it's cutting a hard u-turn

Step 3: Don't walk leisurely by guy swinging sledge hammer. 

Hard to feel bad for anybody in that video, especially a guy who lets himself get cornered in a parking lot with 1 exit. 

• Like 2

Saw this on the news yesterday and knew it would be prime candidate for that channel.

Step 1: Don't get out of the car of a guy that's swinging a sledgehammer at it.

Step 2: If you ignore step 1, don't jump out of car when it's cutting a hard u-turn

Step 3: Don't walk leisurely by guy swinging sledge hammer.

Hard to feel bad for anybody in that video, especially a guy who lets himself get cornered in a parking lot with 1 exit.

Step 0.5 don't sleep with another guy's missus, especially if he's got a sledgehammer and a pickup.

• Like 3