Sign in to follow this  
Mcmax3000

UFC 225: Whittaker vs. Romero 2 - Official Discussion Thread

I just think RDA is in another place. Khabib is Khabib, but Colby? Come on. He's good, well he's great he fights in the UFC but look how RDA went through Lawler and Magny. And his jits is seriously good.

I get people saying Colby can take it but think he'll get found out. Usman is a much better fighter.

Based on what?  They have the exact same record.  Same number of finishes and both have one loss by submission.

• Like 2

LMAO at Mike Jackson asking CM Punk do he need a nap because he have them permanent bags under his eyes.

basically that just confirms he's gonna shoot for the takedown in the first 20 seconds and choke cm punk out

Yoel has 30 min left to make weight(last fighter)...if he misses he gets an extra 2 hrs.

Im nervous bros...

I honestly do not understand how he managed to miss weight by a single pound like? How unprofessional can you possibly get? 1 pound is nothing, he is just taking the piss like

One pound is a lot of water after you just cut 20 pounds. His body probably stopped sweating.

He came in last I believe, and now everyone has to wait another 2 hours even though the weigh in's have been going on for 2 hours and 20 minutes currently, what an ****  :lol:

• Like 1

I honestly do not understand how he managed to miss weight by a single pound like? How unprofessional can you possibly get? 1 pound is nothing, he is just taking the piss like

This kind of statement proves that you have no experience with this situation, so you should hold off judgement in favor of the opinions of those who have. That last pound is a motherf*cker. Anyone who's ever cut weight knows that last bit is always the hardest to drop.

Source: Spent my whole life wrestling and fought through that last pound on numerous occasions.

• Like 5

This kind of statement proves that you have no experience with this situation, so you should hold off judgement in favor of the opinions of those who have. That last pound is a motherf*cker. Anyone who's ever cut weight knows that last bit is always the hardest to drop.

Source: Spent my whole life wrestling and fought through that last pound on numerous occasions.

He has had months to prepare, he had one job and that was to come in on weight. You may have wrestled, but did you get paid hundreds of thousands to do so with only having 1-2 wrestling matches a year meaning you had to make weight at those times? He failed to make weight in his last fight, lets not forget that. Yeah maybe I am wrong that the 1 pound is harder than I thought, but it still doesn't change the fact its 1 pound he has just missed weight by... again. 

• Like 1

This kind of statement proves that you have no experience with this situation, so you should hold off judgement in favor of the opinions of those who have. That last pound is a motherf*cker. Anyone who's ever cut weight knows that last bit is always the hardest to drop.

Someone with Romeros build as well would be bloody hard.

• Like 2

He has had months to prepare, he had one job and that was to come in on weight. You may have wrestled, but did you get paid hundreds of thousands to do so with only having 1-2 wrestling matches a year meaning you had to make weight at those times? He failed to make weight in his last fight, lets not forget that. Yeah maybe I am wrong that the 1 pound is harder than I thought, but it still doesn't change the fact its 1 pound he has just missed weight by... again. 

I agree with some of your statement. It's definitely his responsibility as a paid athlete to show up on weight. It's his fault for missing that.

I merely wanted to say that the last pound is not some easy thing to be shed off. By that point you've already emptied your body of most of the releasable water. Getting a sweat going at that point is really tricky.

• Like 1

its just 1 lb he should be fine...has about 1hr left.

See my previous comments on the issue. That said, I think he'll make it.

See my previous comments on the issue. That said, I think he'll make it.

yeah I know, but again hes been doing this for 20+ years...I think he makes it.

Also if he was in trouble the doc's would have stopped him already....they dont give much leeway after first miss if they see the fighter in trouble.

Also if he was in trouble the doc's would have stopped him already....they dont give much leeway after first miss if they see the fighter in trouble.

What do you care? You're going camping brokeback mountain style

• Like 3

What do you care? You're going camping brokeback mountain style

I might cancel...would rather watch Yoel destroy R.W.

Exact cut off time for Yoel is ??:46 ... so replace... ?? with what ever Hour your currently at, hes cutting this **** close but I would say he makes it

Yoel to miss weight. Rob only one that can win belt. Yoel wins by ko. No real winner. Division is a mess. Better when Bisping was champ

• Like 1

Yoel to miss weight. Rob only one that can win belt. Yoel wins by ko. No real winner. Division is a mess. Better when Bisping was champ

#fakenews

When Yoel wins tommorow he will get a 3rd title shot lol

That is if the fight even happens, Rob has every right now to say no, he already said if Yoel misses weight he will refuse to fight before hand and he has every ****ing right to refuse this fight now, it does nothing for Rob, it won't be a real title defense either

If I was RW I would say no to the fight tbh...

He will, he was already terrified of the rematch anyways.

• Like 1

InB4 Conor comes out with a hindsight tweet claiming he offered to save the Chicago card.

Edited by CanPass
  • Like 1

If I was RW I would say no to the fight tbh...

why? He'll keep his belt win or lose, he wont get paid his show money by the UFC, he'll get paid bank by getting Yoel's cut if he accepts, and he'll miss out on King Colby's PPV drawl points

• Like 1

Even if this fight still happen Yoel not able to win the title takes away all the excitement of the fight.

• Like 2

That is if the fight even happens, Rob has every right now to say no, he already said if Yoel misses weight he will refuse to fight before hand and he has every **** right to refuse this fight now, it does nothing for Rob, it won't be a real title defense either

ufc will be throwing money at rob right now

ufcs fault for letting a guy fight for title right after he just missed weight in his last fight

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 2