Jolldan

Tyron Woodley plans to take out top welterweight contenders, retire as middleweight champ

Tyron-Woodley-1-696x399.png

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley is almost fighting fit again, and he’s itching to return to the cage. More specifically, he’s keen to return at UFC 227, on August 4th in Los Angeles — whether against the winner of Rafael dos Anjos and Colby Covington’s UFC 225 interim title fight, or somebody else.

“I’m not really concerned with who’s ready, who’s next,” Woodley recently told MMA Junkie. “You’ve got to realize there are certain rights you deserve as a champion. When I’m ready to fight, now it’s time to fight. Whoever they got for me to fight at this time, come get this work. I don’t want to sit back and say, ‘Oh, I want to sit and wait to see what happens with this fight.’ I’m the champion. I want to fight.”

“Some of these bouts should’ve taken place anyway, maybe not with the label of interim title. But I think at that point, you make a fight. Even if it’s somebody that’s not currently in the division. Maybe it’s Nate [Diaz], maybe it’s Georges [st-Pierre]. Maybe it’s somebody else. But I’m also willing to fight all these other guys.”

I kind of want to legitimately clean the division,” Woodley said. “I wouldn’t mind fighting [RDA], Colby, [Kamaru] Usman, [Darren] Till, and at that point, unless another prospect emerges, I’ve cleaned out the division. And I’m the greatest welterweight of all time at that point. And then it’s time to go up to 185, and I want that belt. I want to finish off my division. When it’s all said and done, I did everything I could do there. I want to go up and challenge myself once again, and I want to try to win the belt at ’85 and defend there and pretty much retire as a middleweight.”

What do you think of Tyron Woodley’s plans for the future?

• Like 1

Easier said that done, I have no doubt he could do it, but will he stop being a little **** and actually do it, he spends more time ****ing and moaning than actually fighting, If he comes back in August I highly doubt he will fight the winner of RDA v Colby as thats only a 2 month turnaround for them.

• Like 1

jollidan is such a link hiding h=omo

giphy.gif

Easier said that done, I have no doubt he could do it, but will he stop being a little **** and actually do it, he spends more time ****ing and moaning than actually fighting, If he comes back in August I highly doubt he will fight the winner of RDA v Colby as thats only a 2 month turnaround for them.

As long as its not Woodley vs. Thompson 3 I will be happy please god I never wan to see that again lol.

• Like 2

giphy.gif

As long as its not Woodley vs. Thompson 3 I will be happy please god I never wan to see that again lol.

I would say Woodley vs Usman as Till won't be ready by then after the weight cut he just had, Lawler lost to RDA and Thompson lost to Till. Only 2 fighters in the top 10 will be ready by August and that is Usman and Magny. 

• Like 1

I would say Woodley vs Usman as Till won't be ready by then after the weight cut he just had, Lawler lost to RDA and Thompson lost to Till. Only 2 fighters in the top 10 will be ready by August and that is Usman and Magny. 

It would actually be kind of cool for Usman to get first crack since he's the one nobody is really talking about lol.

Reckon they will want to see Till make the weight at least once before giving him a tile shot. Lawer vs. Till could be a great fight to make.

So he wants to be GSP?

He is suppppppppper salty lol because GSP doesn't even bring him up in conversation when discussing big fights.

• Like 5

He is suppppppppper salty lol because GSP doesn't even bring him up in conversation when discussing big fights.

Probably doesn't even know who that little whiney black crybaby is tbh

• Like 2

He is suppppppppper salty lol because GSP doesn't even bring him up in conversation when discussing big fights.

If the so called GOAT was too afraid to speak my name, I don't think that would make me salty at all. Maybe more confident, maybe more ****y.. salty? Nah.
  • Like 1

that ducking nagger would get crushed by the entire top 10 @ MW tho

• Like 2

well there are a lot of contenders at ww still to fight.

covington

usman

rda

till

once he beats all 4 of them which is highly unlikely then he consider going to mw. MW or fat welterweight is an easier division though.

Edited by PunchBag

He is suppppppppper salty lol because GSP doesn't even bring him up in conversation when discussing big fights.

That's because you don't bring up Woodley's name in discussion for big fights. Whether or not it's his fault, his 3 title defenses have been paint-drying-on-wall levels of boring.

If he goes on a tear, finishing the next few fights he'll have earned the right to be in that discussion.

• Like 1

i'd love to see how Tyron thinks he beat todays Reaper to get that belt

starting to think covington will beat woodley, his pace was relentless and we all know woodley got them cardio issues.

i'd love to see how Tyron thinks he beat todays Reaper to get that belt

He can't beat Bobby Knuckles. Plain and simple.

starting to think covington will beat woodley, his pace was relentless and we all know woodley got them cardio issues.

Woodley would knock him unconscious within three rounds.
  • Like 1

He can't beat Bobby Knuckles. Plain and simple.

hespect for the troof
  • Like 1

yea ok he got a lucky ko on a old fighter, and got a draw and barely won his next title offense against a guy he drew. he knows he cant beat everyone that's why he sitting on his but doing arm curls making his biceps double in size and making movies while he losing his title pretending his shoulder hurt

Woodley is the poster boy of holding a division hostage. After t wood is sent back to ferguson  so he can play the victim the better.

Edited by PakaL

Woodley gets rustled so badly then denies being rustled, which in turn rustles me. He is the ultimate rustler.

I'll never forget him crying about his detractors for twenty straight minutes on Joe Rogan's podcast, then Joe saying "you're the MW champion of the world, why should you care what those people think?" Woodley defiantly and petulantly replies "I DON'T."

I'm gotten to so badly that he got me, let me go, then got me again.

Y'all missing the subliminal TRUMP GETTING THAT BELT messaging. Jon attempted baby murder JONE's even knows that's why he want's to train JDS i mean t SJW cringe cuck woodley. 

T wood i mean limp stick created EMO   mma of all things send him to belator.

Edited by PakaL